• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
I loving using Shaq's final smash to go full on Jam mode, the knockback from getting the Boom Shakalaka! just makes me feel on fire!
:yeahboi:
NBA Jam was probably my favorite video game before my Xbox 360 corrupted.
Let's get the ball rolling.(Okay enough with these puns:awesome:)
Why yes, you are the king of murder. You're killing me with these puns.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
PREPARE THINE SELF FOR A NINTENDO DIRECT! ARE YOU READY, MY FELLOW TACTICIANS? :4pacman:

Bringing hype...DIRECT-LY TO YOU!

I might miss the direct tho bc I got stuck in traffic for two hours and the internet where I am suckkkks. Have fun though guys, I'll be back here once I watch a recorded version of the direct in a few hours~

Hong

The Strongest
So I'm watching the direct, enjoying what I see.

Then it gets to a trailer for some ****ty trashy anime game. I literally can't watch for more than a minute before I alt-tab.

Then I hear "Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem".

I am ****ing dying.

Are you serious.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Then it gets to a trailer for some ****ty trashy anime game. I literally can't watch for more than a minute before I alt-tab.

I am ****ing dying.

Are you serious.
THAT'S Shin Megami Tense I X Fire Emblem?

...DA Shaq?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Are you happy? :yeahboi:

Is this what you wanted? :yeahboi:

Is this what you yearned so long for? :yeahboi:
All I wanted was a modern day Fire Emblem dammit!

Instead we get SMT with a few FE characters...
You were right Hong. You were right.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

I am ****ing dying.

Are you serious.
Any Smash Bros news?

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
:happysheep:
YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR PATH.
YESH.
TWO POV. FINALLY.
MARX, YOU HANDSOME, HERE I COME.
THE FACT THAT SMTxFE MAY TURN OUT (well, kinda. it's still smt) DOESN'T EVEN BOTHER ME ANYMORE.

cough cough.

Either way, my handsome Robin avatar :urg: Where did it go, smashboards. WHERE.

finally...
LUCAS.
HYPE.:bluejump:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
With the announcement of Lucas, I really hope this opens up more opportunist to other DLC

The Mii DLC costume where pretty cool to :)

Please Young Link nintendo, please!

The Mii DLC costume where pretty cool to :)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ahhhhh, I see now. My apologizes. :4lucina: I understand and you have my deepest sympathies, my friend. ;_; :sadsheep:

Indeed, good sir. Our bonds, our invisible ties are strong because of the amazing human beings that grace this social thread. The human connection that we share is invaluable and something that I will always cherish, no matter what. I've forged friendships of the highest calibre with you fine people, and I am a better person because of all of you, because we are so close as a social thread. You all constantly amaze me by welcoming others will open arms, making this thread a safe and inviting place to be, and making me feel like I'm a part of something fantastic every single day. I am truly feel blessed to be amongst you all.
This is the best social thread on Smashboards and it's all thanks to you all. My fellow tacticians. :4robinm::4robinf: <3

One could say this thread is... SHAQ-TASTIC! (Haha, this joke will only make sense if you were here today)
Seriously though god bless SmashBoards and their sense of humor, and I completely agree with you!

Elezir

Hahaha, this forum is dying so many times over the hype. Literally.:happysheep:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I need some new shorts after that Direct...

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm...confused about SMTxFE... I won't judge it just yet, though.

Smash Bros news as well as VC N64 and DS was cool.

Highlights for me was MK8 getting 200cc class (F**king finally!!! I've waited years for this) and more of Fire Emblem IF.

Good ND overall.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
To be fair I never really understood why so many people asumed Chrom and other lords would be the MAIN characters in this spin off, I pointed out that in the Chrom thread months ago and people couldn't believe me.

The general idea was that because the first trailer showed a lot of the main lords they should absolutely be the main characters, the idea was pretty naive, I am not saying they won't be in but I don't see any of them as main with the direction the game took and I am not ever surprised.

On the other hand the Japanise direct announced Fire Emblem TCG those look awsome

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I have trouble replying.:mad088:

Anyway there is so much to say but I am not good with long texts.>_>

Mewtwo reveal, YES! Lucas reveal, YES! You can vote for future DLC charas, YES! New FE coming out in 2016.....and you can pick sites, YES! They will probably get the Black and White treatment like in Pokemon, I will wait and see. Animal Crossing and Yoshi Wooly Woo seem interesting. Overall nice direct.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Looks like I'll be siding with Hoshido since I absolutely LOVE Japanese culture! >w< That and I'm a peace maker, so it's only natural that I side with the army that values peace. Also, I've watched the trailer a dozen times now just for the music alone and I can't stop. Plz help me. :awesome:

Now for the most controversial Fire Emblem news that came out of the Direct. SMT x FE.

I liked what I saw. I didn't know what to expect from the crossover but I'm getting alot of Persona vibes from it, so that's awesome. And it has a cool anime/fantasy style to it that I enjoy. All in all, I'm just overjoyed that it still exists and now we have seen a taste of what it be like. I for one am excited to see the potential of SMT x FE and look forward to seeing more. ^w^

As for the rest of the direct, here's what I'm looking forward to:

-Mario Maker
-Yoshi's Wooly World
-Splatoon
-Smash Bros DLC with the promise of more characters to come besides Mewtwo and Lucas.
-Mario Kart 8 DLC plus 200cc mode
-N64 and DS VC finally out (DK64 HYPE! :4dk:)
-LOTS of new Amiibo and Amiibo support. (My poor wallet ;_; and Yarn Yoshi is SO cute! :D :4yoshi:)
-Xenoblade Chronicles trailer was dope
-Codename S.T.E.A.M. patch for faster enemy turns

Overall, probably the best Nintendo Direct since the one in January 2013. I was throughly satisfied with what I saw and SO much more. Nintendo really showed off alot today and I'm super excited by the content that was presented. :colorful:[/media]

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
In better news:

Holy **** how does one S-Support themselves? Such a fine specimen...

Elezir

First thing I noticed: Ninjas.

Second one: The protagonist transforms into a dragon. A damn dragon. He/She will be some kind of manakete, then?
@The Soulless One is going to be pleased.

Third: Maps with some puzzle like stuff, is it? Yes, please. (Well, depends, kinda)

Also

I have trouble replying.:mad088:

Anyway there is so much to say but I am not good with long texts.>_>

Mewtwo reveal, YES! Lucas reveal, YES! You can vote for future DLC charas, YES! New FE coming out in 2016.....and you can pick sites, YES! They will probably get the Black and White treatment like in Pokemon, I will wait and see. Animal Crossing and Yoshi Wooly Woo seem interesting. Overall nice direct.

Hmm...funny thing is: It was only stated at the Japanese Direct, so West is either holding out on this info, -or it'll be sold separated only for the JP version.-
I really hope it's the case (sorry, japanese folks), selling games like that is the dumbest decision ever. (even if they give the other part as a discounted dlc) Pokemon I can (kind) tolerate, because the story doesn't change too much, but with big stuff like that? Oh, Hell no.

I just noticed this now, but are the protagonists barefeet? dunno why it bothers me a bit. isn't being barefeet a bother in the middle of a war?

Also, smahsboards is still terribly slow.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
My reaction to the entire direct can be perfectly summed up by this gif.

But Fire Emblem IF being released in 2016 in North America while Japan gets it June 25th this year...

Yeah, 6+ months avoiding spoilers. It's a real life Lunatic run!

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
In better news:

Holy **** how does one S-Support themselves? Such a fine specimen...
I'd ship it, probably. Kind of hard to tell since the game hasn't come out yet though. I really hope that the FE:if is really going to make you stick with your decisions like the trailer implies unlike awakening which did not have any real choices. It would encourage multiple playthroughs.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Goodness me I have fallen in love with the female Avatar. Like Hong put it how can you S-support yourself.

First thing I noticed: Ninjas.

Second one: The protagonist transforms into a dragon. A damn dragon. He/She will be some kind of manakete, then?
@The Soulless One is going to be pleased.

Third: Maps with some puzzle like stuff, is it? Yes, please. (Well, depends, kinda)

Also

Hmm...funny thing is: It was only stated at the Japanese Direct, so West is either holding out on this info, -or it'll be sold separated only for the JP version.-
I really hope it's the case (sorry, japanese folks), selling games like that is the dumbest decision ever. (even if they give the other part as a discounted dlc) Pokemon I can (kind) tolerate, because the story doesn't change too much, but with big stuff like that? Oh, Hell no.

I just noticed this now, but are the protagonists barefeet? dunno why it bothers me a bit. isn't being barefeet a bother in the middle of a war?

Also, smahsboards is still terribly slow.
I agree with you. Having 2 edition is just screaming "Get one game for the price of two". Pokemon has it's own traditions so it's more acceptable.

Also I did not notice that Anime like trailer was Fire Emblem related. I saw like only one character that resembled a FE character and that is young Tiki. Don't really care for the game for now, I will wait and see.

Last edited:

Elezir

Courtesy from Moydow, to anyone who's still unsure if it'll be two games or not.

At the end it says "Minimum retail price 4,700 yen each". So yeah, at least two games.
We be Pokémon now
this aren't an April Fool's, right Edgey-poo?

My last hope? The fact that NA Direct didn't pull this BS there, at least.
But really, it kills all the finallity oif the game. It's not your choices that makes a difference. It'll be the version of the game you decided to buy, bleh.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930

COME ON AND SLAM AND GET READY FOR THE JAM FELLOW TACTICIANS, today, WE CELEBRATE!
Wow was it a pain to post this with my phone acting up and smashboards dying.
But hey happy April fools and I just came and stopped by to see all you awesome people. Hopefully you haven't brought up the great sonic of disaster while I was gone. But man, that direct was pretty hype! I've been caught up with school and been trying to straighten out my grades, so that's why I've been dead.
But to celebrate shaqboards, I went out of my way to draw Our star shaqticians in their shaqtician clothing! Obviously female Robin is the superior shaqtician here, because male Robin doesn't have enough spunk to win in super slam brothers.

I miss @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 :c

He always drew such wonderful art of our beloved tactician. And look what became of the poor, undeserving soul of his. Shattered and laid to waste on account of our amusement. We pushed him over the edge and now he's a hollow man that he once was. May he rest in peace wherever his misguided self is at these days...

Too bad I never had the luxury getting drawn by him :ohwell:
It's very heartwarming to see I've been missed.
I love you guys.
But..

There's been something I've been meaning to tell you, my fellow shaqticians.
I'm....
I'm actually...
Try again :troll:
A :4robinf:

Yep. I SAID IT. What a weight off my chest. Now then. I'm looking forward to talking to you guys now that I'm more free, and maybe I'll have more time to develop my characters for the social game as w-

ERROR 404

Poor @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 .
It's always brought up again.
No... It can't be...

N...not again...

NO...

NOOOOOOOOOOooo....

I... I'm sorry... I can't go on....
I'm sorry my comrades but today is not the day I make my return...

I suppose I'll get my chance anoth

404- SOUL NOT FOUND

Just going to say this thread has gotten beyond my capacity to respond to everyone.

I mean no disrespect! But I have to give it a rest, eventually.:143:Every time @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 tries to wake up, he gets a message:

404 - Soul not found

That's it. I hope you people are happy. One of our own lost his soul and he will never get it back.

He was so young. So beautiful. So full of dreams and aspirations...

And now he's gone.:104:
Inb4 he quotes you on that. :troll:

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
There's going to be two versions actually.

The physical versions contains the two separate stories and whatever version you buy, you're going with that side no matter what. The digital version on the other hand makes you choose your side at chapter 6.

Top Bottom