• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Like nohr has me uber nervous everone but the little sister has FE antagonist written all over them.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

First thing I noticed: Ninjas.

Second one: The protagonist transforms into a dragon. A damn dragon. He/She will be some kind of manakete, then?
@The Soulless One is going to be pleased.

Third: Maps with some puzzle like stuff, is it? Yes, please. (Well, depends, kinda)

Also

Hmm...funny thing is: It was only stated at the Japanese Direct, so West is either holding out on this info, -or it'll be sold separated only for the JP version.-
I really hope it's the case (sorry, japanese folks), selling games like that is the dumbest decision ever. (even if they give the other part as a discounted dlc) Pokemon I can (kind) tolerate, because the story doesn't change too much, but with big stuff like that? Oh, Hell no.

I just noticed this now, but are the protagonists barefeet? dunno why it bothers me a bit. isn't being barefeet a bother in the middle of a war?

Also, smahsboards is still terribly slow.
Worry not. There's just one version of Fire Emblem: If coming to North America, with the second version as DLC.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The European Direct has a similar split to the Japanese at the end: "Fire Emblem Hoshido" and "Fire Emblem Nohr" (but lacking the release date/"price each" stuff from the Japanese Direct).

That said, I missed that actual part of the presentation, and haven't seen what Shibata had to say about it yet.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
There's going to be two versions actually.

The physical versions contains the two separate stories and whatever version you buy, you're going with that side no matter what. The digital version on the other hand makes you choose your side at chapter 6.
What's the point of buying the physical version, then?:roll:
I honestly can't think of any real reason, unless the physical versions are going to be way cheaper (Doesn't know if 4,700 yen is a common price for video games)

Well, maybe next FE (or even in this one) we'll have to catch recruits with a pokeball:4pikachu:

But in all seriously, I'm only going to accept it if each version has a massive storyline, to the point that having all in one of the physical copies wasn't possible I kind of doubt it's the reason, though.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
besides a cash grab whats the point of two different fire emblems?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just rewatched the trailer and I noticed something interesting.
So, the main character is born to one side, but raised by another and feels connected to that side. Reminds me a lot of Robin being born to Plegia but feeling connected to Ylisse. Perhaps this game is drawing some inspiration from Awakening?

Hong

The Strongest
Also I just want to say I welcome back my beloved daughter @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 . You are encouraged to worry about your studies for now. We'll still be around in some capacity whenever you need us. :)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Lobster Lord has a name...

R.I.P. Lobster Lord
January 14, 2015 - April 1, 2015
He dresses himself as a crustacean... just for you...

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Notice how the new MU is barefoot?

Also, SMTxFE looks like a completely different game.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Screw it, I'm playing SMT X FE anyways. I've waited to damn long...

Nah, it looks ok. Not my cup of tea, but hey, it's Fire Emblem at the least.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/en-uk/

I literally don't know who to vote for.
I could see Phoenix Wright's UMvC moveset translating fairly well to Smash with a few tweaks, but we already have Mega Man, so I don't know if they'd get a second Capcom series in.
There are already four FE characters, so them adding another is unlikely. Otherwise, I might pick someone like Sigurd - it would be interesting to see how they'd make a horseback unit work.
I'd like to see Isaac from Golden Sun (please let's not have another discussion about the games themselves though :p), but he didn't even get in as an assist trophy here, and the chances of a fourth GS are probably pretty slim, which would hinder the character's chances of appearing in Smash...

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
@ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 ! We've missed you! :crying: Thanks for returning to us, and with style no less. Also.....

:4robinm:Syrek: "Wait, your a woman?"
:4lucina:Pikachewy99: "And quite the actress too. Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't figure it out until just now."

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I am kind of upset that they are releasing two separate copies of the game, and a third one that lets you choose between them. I have never been a fan of the way pokemon does that. Unless there are major differences between the games I probably will only buy one of them and maybe just watch videos of the other.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hey, remember that dragon from the first trailer of Fire Emblem IF?

Well, look who Kamui can transform into!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
In better news:

Holy **** how does one S-Support themselves? Such a fine specimen...
Well if you need some help learning how to that I'm sure someone on the internet can tell how do to do so.

But some great character designs like the one's from Awakening. Also, really small feet and no shoes. How barbaric!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
As an amiibo enthusiast I'm drooling. Splatoon amiibo look phenomenal, I want the wooly Yoshis with a passion bordering on mania, the card concept speculation has finally gone legit, and amiibo tap looks...vaguely viable.

Alright that last one was a bit of a let down since it randomizes the games, which makes no sense other than forcing lots of amiibo sales to play anything and oh hey it makes sense now.

Otherwise hyped for the following in order: SSB4 (DLC is king), Mario Kart 8 (200cc? might actually buy it now), Splatoon (ranked mode ranked mode ranked mode), FE:if (goddamn it 2016 is a long ways off). Box Boy (sold on gameplay alone), ****ing Mii Plaza (zombies? where do I sign?), and Don't Starve (frankly just because it's getting some love).

Course he does.

It's Walhart.

walhart.png

But in all seriously, I'm only going to accept it if each version has a full storyline, to the point that having all in one of the physical copies wasn't possible I kind of doubt it's the reason, though.
By the sound of it, that's their gameplan. They mentioned that the Hoshido provided more normal gameplay while the Nohr had more political aspects (which is something I'm pretty hyped over, it'll either be forgettable or amazing and I'm crossing my fingers) And coming off the high of FE:A, that'd be a fair way to step it up.

Notice how the new MU is barefoot?
They wanted to remind you he's got em this time.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

I could see Phoenix Wright's UMvC moveset translating fairly well to Smash with a few tweaks, but we already have Mega Man, so I don't know if they'd get a second Capcom series in.
There are already four FE characters, so them adding another is unlikely. Otherwise, I might pick someone like Sigurd - it would be interesting to see how they'd make a horseback unit work.
I'd like to see Isaac from Golden Sun (please let's not have another discussion about the games themselves though :p), but he didn't even get in as an assist trophy here, and the chances of a fourth GS are probably pretty slim, which would hinder the character's chances of appearing in Smash...
Then pick Issac and get enough hype for Golden Sun 4
I don't want the series to end on a cliffhanger.
It's settled I'm picking Issac Earth Characters are so rare in nintendo anyways(and maybe he can use an axe sometimes i like axes)

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
"And in Nohr, the difficulty will be more challenging." So I guess we know what path every hardcore FE fan is taking.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
As funny as Shaqboards is it's really disorienting seeing the same 10 or avatars from non Mod users.
The mod avatars do make up for it though like have you seen Inigo "I'm a pair of passion" Jeans @Indigo Jeans avatar? priceless.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
@ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 ! We've missed you! :crying: Thanks for returning to us, and with style no less. Also.....

:4robinm:Syrek: "Wait, your a woman?"
:4lucina:Pikachewy99: "And quite the actress too. Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't figure it out until just now."
Ah, well, you never know. After all, today is April fools day. :troll:

Elezir

Even if Golden Sun isn't my cup of tea, as I said before, Isaac would be the only character I'd support in entering SSB.
The nostalgia is still strong, and I really think he could have a interesting gameplay.

By the sound of it, that's their gameplan. They mentioned that the Hoshido provided more normal gameplay while the Nohr had more political aspects (which is something I'm pretty hyped over, it'll either be forgettable or amazing and I'm crossing my fingers) And coming off the high of FE:A, that'd be a fair way to step it up.
I still have no idea why two versions for that: from what I read, the story is the same until chapter 6, in which only then it will differentiate. Plus, the digital version is going to have both paths, just as the Limited version of the game will.
Because c'mon, SMT games don't get more than one version just because of that!
It's just...eh.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

COME ON AND SLAM AND GET READY FOR THE JAM FELLOW TACTICIANS, today, WE CELEBRATE!
Wow was it a pain to post this with my phone acting up and smashboards dying.
But hey happy April fools and I just came and stopped by to see all you awesome people. Hopefully you haven't brought up the great sonic of disaster while I was gone. But man, that direct was pretty hype! I've been caught up with school and been trying to straighten out my grades, so that's why I've been dead.
But to celebrate shaqboards, I went out of my way to draw Our star shaqticians in their shaqtician clothing! Obviously female Robin is the superior shaqtician here, because male Robin doesn't have enough spunk to win in super slam brothers.

It's very heartwarming to see I've been missed.
I love you guys.
But..

There's been something I've been meaning to tell you, my fellow shaqticians.
I'm....
I'm actually...
Try again :troll:
A :4robinf:
Pikachewy!!!
I'm sorry for mistaking your gender

It's nice to see you return around these boards again, you and your art have been missed greatly. Wish you the best of luck and more in your school work and stuff.

Elezir

SMT x FE...

No comment.
I honestly didn't see anything that was FE related there :roll:
Of course, there was the stuff with the classes that looked to be from FE, but hadn't they specified it was the SMTxFE, I would have thought it was a Persona knockoff:upsidedown:

Either way, my frustation on the fact that the game is going to be split put aside, look at this:

Look at the protagonists ears. They are pointy
If he/she transforming into a dragon/laguz thingy wasn't enough, here's a more subtle thing.
I'm betting on manakete.

Oh yeah, and it seems like enemies can pair up agaisnt you too.
YESH.

more info.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Of course, there was the stuff with the classes that looked to be from FE, but hadn't they specified it was the SMTxFE, I would have thought it was a Persona knockoff:upsidedown:

Either way, my frustation from the fact that the game is going to be split put aside, look at this:

If he/she transforming into a dragon/laguz thingy wasn't enough, here's a more subtle thing.
I'm betting on manakete.
I spent two years dying over more news for the game...I don't even have the energy to truly express how I feel about it right now.

Hong

The Strongest
If people wanted to keep up on the fan discoveries thus far, a lot of them have been posted here:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52827
SMT x FE...

No comment.
I'm not even mad. I genuinely laughed after I found out that is what it's supposed to be.

For Persona fans, it must be great. But for SMT and FE... so far it's lacking in either.

As young as it is, of course. We at least saw some vaguely Fire Emblem things like a possible Tiki.

Elezir

I spent two years dying over more news for the game...I don't even have the energy to truly express how I feel about it right now.
:(

Would a virtual hug make you better?

But yeah, it was pretty much a let down. I'm "meh" about it because I wasn't really excited for it (life has taught me that these kinds of crossovers can go very wrong), but still...

For Persona fans, it must be great. But for SMT and FE... so far it's lacking in either.

As young as it is, of course. We at least saw some vaguely Fire Emblem things like a possible Tiki.
Eh, even for Persona standards it was weak, even more because Persona fans already saw that awesome P5 trailer. It pales in comparision to that.
That could pass as a generic game with Catherine/P5 engine.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I still have no idea why two versions for that: from what I read, the story is the same until chapter 6, in which only then it will differentiate. Plus, the digital version is going to have both paths, just as the Limited version of the game will.
If the game took up more space than could actually fit on one cartridge than I think it's understandable. But you're right that it sounds like a gimmick otherwise, entirely different stories or not.

Personally I'm gunning for the digital version anyway, so it shouldn't affect me, but it'll be interesting to watch it unfold. Hopefully they won't do anything stupid.

And then there's more.

I honestly didn't see anything that was FE related there

I'm betting on manakete.

YESH.
Some of the characters looked FE inspired and the combat obviously is, but otherwise it mostly looks like it got swallowed up by Persona: The Anime. I found no hype.

Always bet on manakete.

Paired-up enemies spook the crap out of me, but I've not backed down from a reasonable challenge yet.
I'm still working on that wallpaper dammit.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
If people wanted to keep up on the fan discoveries thus far, a lot of them have been posted here:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52827I'm not even mad. I genuinely laughed after I found out that is what it's supposed to be.

See, I thought it was some new Persona at first. I left the tab after being uninterested, then immediately came rushing back when I caught word of it being a "crossover" title.

I started laughing in disbelief.

:(

Would a virtual hug make you better?

But yeah, it was pretty much a let down. I'm "meh" about it because I wasn't really excited for it (life has taught me that these kinds of crossovers can go very wrong), but still...
I dunno. I'm probably just gonna go away again. I won't be picking up anything until the new FE, which isn't until next year.

Must listen to Nujabes to ease my pain.

D

Deleted member

SMT X FE is something that I can't really comment about. To be honest, it looks more like Persona X FE.
I saw Tiki, I think I saw a glimpse of Chrom with his sword, and I believe I saw Lucina since I saw a person wielding a Falchion and wear a mask.
Honestly, the concept of the game doesn't entirely interest me, but hopefully the months coming up will convince me otherwise.
I am at least hoping Robin makes an appearance. That could convince me to get the game.

As for If, I am liking how it looks so far and it has some nice developments (I do like the designs of the avatar!... BTW, Robin is important as Chrom in Awakening, Trinen :().
I am concerned with two things. With the choices you make, it just happens because you bought that specific game; it will make an impact, but I don't think this sort of approach will work as well as making choices throughout the game. Second, and on a more personal note, I am hoping that we can influence who the avatar can marry instead of having a predetermined love interest.
Other than that, the game looks pretty interesting. I hope there will be a Casual mode at least... I hate resetting the game over and over again. :(

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I can't believe SMT X FE is alive
My reaction pretty much. I'm still not sure how I feel about it.
There's going to be two versions actually.

The physical versions contains the two separate stories and whatever version you buy, you're going with that side no matter what. The digital version on the other hand makes you choose your side at chapter 6.
Ugh, because one series to spend money on the same game twice wasn't enough for me.

I'm hoping to get both... I wish you could just choose in-game though. It makes no sense.

...Says the Pokémon fan.

I still like Team Blondie the best because his type of story sounds more interesting to me, but it being "harder" worries me. I might have to go Team Lobster.

Still, that trailer was hype. Second favorite part of the Direct.

First being of course:

Lobster Lord has a name...

R.I.P. Lobster Lord
January 14, 2015 - April 1, 2015
He dresses himself as a crustacean... just for you...
He will always be Lobster Lord to me.

Either way, my frustation on the fact that the game is going to be split put aside, look at this:

I'm betting on manakete.

YESH.

more info.
YES PLEASE. I was bummed Robin couldn't be a Manakete (or other shapeshifters). And F!Protagonist is with Team Marx, further making me want to go Marx.

I'd totally make that shot of Kamui and Marx my avatar normally, but I must show my support for Best SSB Character. I'll be able to make an avatar closer to release anyway.

Elezir

I think I need a virtual hug due to so many people crapping on SMT x FE. ;_;

Can't be helped, dear.
That game has nothing to do with it's title. Nothing
I knew they could **** that over. I didn't know they could **** that over so much
The title says: "SMT x FE"
The trailer says: Generic game with P5 engine.

I'd say, I would be less harsh on the game if it had another title. From what I saw in the trailer, they failed in making a crossover.
I'll keep my eyes on notice about it, but that had no hype.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Can't be helped, dear.
That game has nothing to do with it's title. Nothing
I knew they could **** that over. I didn't know they could **** that over so much
The title says: "SMT x FE"
The trailer says: Generic game with P5 engine.

I'd say, I would be less harsh on the game if it had another title. From what I saw in the trailer, they failed in making a crossover.
I'll keep my eyes on notice about it, but that had no hype.
One trailer does not determine a games worth though fortunately. I'd reserve judgement until we see more of the game before saying they completely screwed up. Besides, I'm a pretty big Persona fan so even if there's not a whole lot of FE content, which I seriously doubt that will happen given the name is still SMT x FE, I'd still buy it because it looks like a fun and interesting game. Again, I must stress that one trailer should not damn a game before it is even released or until we know more about it. Obviously everyone's gut reaction is to crap on it because it's not what they envisioned and they didn't notice many FE content but I suspect we'll see much more later on when they have more to show. In fact, I'm confident that is what will happen, so let's not condemn this game just yet cause I feel we might just regret not giving it a chance due to a singular trailer.

Elezir

One trailer does not determine a games worth though fortunately. I'd reserve judgement until we see more of the game before saying they completely screwed up. Besides, I'm a pretty big Persona fan so even if there's not a whole lot of FE content, which I seriously doubt that will happen given the name is still SMT x FE, I'd still buy it because it looks like a fun and interesting game. Again, I must stress that one trailer should not damn a game before it is even released or until we know more about it. Obviously everyone's gut reaction is to crap on it because it's not what they envisioned and they didn't notice many FE content but I suspect we'll see much more later on when they have more to show. In fact, I'm confident that is what will happen, so let's not condemn this game just yet cause I feel we might just regret not giving it a chance due to a singular trailer.
That's why I said that from seeing the trailer, they failed.
Let's be honest, it wasn't a good first impression for most fans:roll:

I do agree we should wait to see more, but atm I'm not putting much faith in it as a crossover.
Maybe as a stand alone game.

D

Deleted member

Was surprised to see how SMT x FE looked. I hope to see some FE content in the game but then again we'll know more about it in due time.
I'm super stoked for the new FE game though.

Top Bottom