• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
"I am Rolf. Son of a fell dragon. You dare post that monstrosity again?! Time to even the odds Ed-boy!!"
Uh, with Robin then...
I can see why people would make a crossover, at the very last, even if I think Chrom would be more suited, but eh, seems like Robin been getting more popularity than Chrom recently because of Smash.

Edited because I didn't read things throughly :v

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Time to tip the scales, eh M'lord?

Btw, can somebody explain to me what's with this Sonic OC hate? I don't really get it.
Oh :4palutena:...that fanart, you can't do that with my poor lungs, dear.

Eh, not all Sonic OC's, just...some in particular...that make the eyes bleed.
That, and it's the type of topic that's always sprung back to life for some reason:4pacman:So said images are always brought up as well.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
"I am Rolf. Son of a fell dragon. You dare post that monstrosity again?! Time to even the odds Ed-boy!!"
I have not laughed this much in a very long time.

It's actually dazzling. *w*

Time to tip the scales, eh M'lord?

Btw, can somebody explain to me what's with this Sonic OC hate? I don't really get it.
OH MY GOD I JUST GOT IT

THE MOST ALMIGHTY OF KEKS

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
image.jpg
Yes!!

Err... weird question: What is your average time in making preparations before starting a chapter in a Fire Emblem game? (As in before you start the fight)
I tend to take about an hour in Radiant Dawn before finally getting things going. I think I over do it sometimes...

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
View attachment 44919
Yes!!

Err... weird question: What is your average time in making preparations before starting a chapter in a Fire Emblem game? (As in before you start the fight)
I tend to take about an hour in Radiant Dawn before finally getting things going. I think I over do it sometimes...
The ten seconds it takes to press start and load up.

I make up tactics as I go along~ :3

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Oh :4palutena:...that fanart, you can't do that with my poor lungs, dear.

Eh, not all Sonic OC's, just...some in particular...that make the eyes bleed.
That, and it's the type of topic that's always sprung back to life for some reason:4pacman:So said images are always brought up as well.
So Sonic OCs were spammed to hell. I guess it's not suprising then.:beezo:

View attachment 44919
Yes!!

I love to grind and train my units so I do take my sweet time. It can range from 20-60 mins. Of course if there is no grinding available for me, I just press start. (Buying weapons and stuff doesn't take long)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I only spend time distributing bonus EXP as I see fit, and sometimes reading the glossary and character histories. So it can vary from a few minutes to an hour. :laugh:

:231:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
View attachment 44919
Yes!!

I usually just take a few minutes to make sure everyone has good equipment then make sure they are in the right starting spot after looking at all the enemy units.

I'm starting a new run in awakening and trying Lunatic mode for the first time, I wonder how many times I will soft reset. I'm also trying out the Japanese voices.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I usually just take a few minutes to make sure everyone has good equipment then make sure they are in the right starting spot after looking at all the enemy units.

I'm starting a new run in awakening and trying Lunatic mode for the first time, I wonder how many times I will soft reset. I'm also trying out the Japanese voices.
Oh my, good luck with that. Hong gave me some advice, maybe it will be helpful for you too in the beginning.

As someone who has had success in a few DLC-less Lunatic runs, I suggest letting Chrom kill as much as he can in Ch1-2, and Robin Ch3 and beyond. Chrom will still be a pivotal member going onward; he will be your strongest unit in Ch5 and 7 against the massive numbers of axe wielders and wyverns.

As for your Silver Lance dilemma, personally I would have suggested giving the bronze sword to Frederick at some point during the first few chapters if Robin is going to be magically-inclined. I also give him my Vulneraries; if he doesn't use them himself, he will be paired up with somebody who does.
Basically don't overuse Freddys Silver Lance.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Alright, only took me 6 game overs before I decided to just use Frederick to just kill mostly everything in the prologue.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*Sigh*

Why you guys so good at Fire Emblem Awakening? I still haven't managed to get past Hard mode. On newcomer.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
How many turns did it take you? This was mine on my first Lunatic run.
Uh... I think it was 8. How did you manage to do 78 turns? No seriously, I'm not insulting you but what did you spend those turns doing?

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
How many turns did it take you? This was mine on my first Lunatic run.
I'm pretty sure my first run was around 20 something turns, but yikes... :eek:

View attachment 44919
Yes!!

Very nice! :love:

I usually don't take more than 30 minutes unless I'm doing other stuff like @ FalKoopa FalKoopa mentioned. It usually comes down to making sure everyone has the appropriate equipment with full uses and selling everything else.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Uh... I think it was 8. How did you manage to do 78 turns? No seriously, I'm not insulting you but what did you spend those turns doing?
To me, there are only two people that matter on Lunatic: Chrom, and Robin simply because them dying causes a game over while everyone else doesn't.

Basically, from the prologue to chapter 4, I only allowed myself to gain experience while everyone else (except Chrom) served as my iron wall. I did something in the prologue I've seen called the "water trick." For some reason, Chrom and Robin are capable of running in the water.
So, I paired myself with Lissa and took out the mages that were across the bridge. Once they were out, I put Chrom and Frederick in the water while I took out everyone I can. As for the 78 turns. I had to take out one person before the boss but myself and Frederick were low on health. I used up all my vulneraries so I had Frederick go around in circles forcing the enemy to chase him while I got Lissa to heal me. I healed everyone, took out the remaining enemies and was victorious! I was at level 5 at the end so I was able handle the rest of the chapters. Though chapter 2 was more me sending everyone to their doom while I did all the work.

I had a similar situation in Inigo's paralogue though that was more me going in unprepared again and I left with myself, Chrom, Donnel, and Sully as the survivors.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
To me, there are only two people that matter on Lunatic: Chrom, and Robin simply because them dying causes a game over while everyone else doesn't.

Basically, from the prologue to chapter 4, I only allowed myself to gain experience while everyone else (except Chrom) served as my iron wall. I did something in the prologue I've seen called the "water trick." For some reason, Chrom and Robin are capable of running in the water.
So, I paired myself with Lissa and took out the mages that were across the bridge. Once they were out, I put Chrom and Frederick in the water while I took out everyone I can. As for the 78 turns. I had to take out one person before the boss but myself and Frederick were low on health. I used up all my vulneraries so I had Frederick go around in circles forcing the enemy to chase him while I got Lissa to heal me. I healed everyone, took out the remaining enemies and was victorious! I was at level 5 at the end so I was able handle the rest of the chapters. Though chapter 2 was more me sending everyone to their doom while I did all the work.

I had a similar situation in Inigo's paralogue though that was more me going in unprepared again and I left with myself, Chrom, Donnel, and Sully as the survivors.
Oh wow, I never knew about that water trick.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

LOL! XD

Ah yes, the water trick. It is a very good tactic :awesome:.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Uh, with Robin then...
I can see why people would make a crossover, at the very last, even if I think Chrom would be more suited, but eh, seems like Robin been getting more popularity than Chrom recently because of Smash.

Edited because I didn't read things throughly :v
Rolf as Chrom, you say?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Geez, where's all the activity gone?
I have no idea.
I'm not sure what everyone's take on Tomodachi Life but I certainly enjoy the game.
I've take a lot of screenshots in the game. I always make sure to do the love confessions.

I'm also doing an all female run in Awakening. I'm currently at chapter 6.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I feel like when we mention to the new people here about those "invisible bonds", we're really talking about how sharing the sonic OC's have created such a horrifying experience which we'll never forget.

Forget the bonds of friendship, we're all attached to one another through Sonic OC's :4dedede:

Okay, friendship/supports play a part in the bonds too.

D

Deleted member

Screw Lunatic Mode. I am fine with a challenge, but this is the wrong kind of "challenge." Lunatic + Is worse because you are stuck at the mercy of the game's RNG.
Personally, I haven't played either of these modes, but I have heard many horror stories about them.

In other news, I beat the 4 cases in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. (I dunno if I'll do Case 5)
Overall, I had a pretty good time with the game and the best parts were the courtroom scenes.
I also enjoyed the characters. Even minor characters have a certain level of character development to them... the diverse cast reminded me a lot of Awakening and its colorful and diverse cast of characters.

...Also, is it strange that I think Robin would be a good lawyer?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Screw Lunatic Mode. I am fine with a challenge, but this is the wrong kind of "challenge." Lunatic + Is worse because you are stuck at the mercy of the game's RNG.
Personally, I haven't played either of these modes, but I have heard many horror stories about them.

In other news, I beat the 4 cases in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. (I dunno if I'll do Case 5)
Overall, I had a pretty good time with the game and the best parts were the courtroom scenes.
I also enjoyed the characters. Even minor characters have a certain level of character development to them... the diverse cast reminded me a lot of Awakening and its colorful and diverse cast of characters.

...Also, is it strange that I think Robin would be a good lawyer?
No, no it isn't.

"Time to tip the scales... Of Justice!"

I love those games so much, my hairstyle is based off Edgeworth's.

But it's a secret to everyone...

Shaymikyu

So tomorrow's the last day to register games!? No poster set for me, then. I can't reach home in time.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I originally skipped the fifth case as well, and didn't go back to it until I had finished the other games. The main thing it has going for it is the forensic examination stuff, which is cool, but doesn't show up in the other two games. In terms of the writing, I'd say it's better than case 3, but not as good as 2 or 4 (there isn't enough of 1 to measure it against anything :p).
There's nothing in it relevant to the other two games, so you won't miss anything if you do skip it (some of the characters turn up again in Apollo Justice, but I wouldn't blame you if you skipped that entire game :p).

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So tomorrow's the last day to register games!? No poster set for me, then. I can't reach home in time.
I wish Robin's artwork was one of the posters. I like Shulk's but I wasn't willing to get the 2nd poster set for Shulk alone. Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt's are meh to me. I guess there always Club Nintendo's successor.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, let me give you some activity.

This is the best conversation in the entire PoR game.
No kidding.

Oh, Soren
Yet to play PoR so I can't tell.

Thought Soren does seem very cheeky :p

Then it looks like no free Mewtwo for me then :c

D

Deleted member

I originally skipped the fifth case as well, and didn't go back to it until I had finished the other games. The main thing it has going for it is the forensic examination stuff, which is cool, but doesn't show up in the other two games. In terms of the writing, I'd say it's better than case 3, but not as good as 2 or 4 (there isn't enough of 1 to measure it against anything :p).
There's nothing in it relevant to the other two games, so you won't miss anything if you do skip it (some of the characters turn up again in Apollo Justice, but I wouldn't blame you if you skipped that entire game :p).
I might do the same thing because I want to see what the next two games offer. I read that the next game adds some new features, so that's something to look forward too. I might go back to the first game and do the 5th case eventually.
Ehh... I might skill Apollo Justice. I don't feel like fetching out for that game and I don't think I am a major fan of not controlling Phoenix. It doesn't seem... Wright.

I wish Robin's artwork was one of the posters. I like Shulk's but I wasn't willing to get the 2nd poster set for Shulk alone. Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt's are meh to me. I guess there always Club Nintendo's successor.
Who knows? His poster might be a Platinum reward!

Shaymikyu

I might do the same thing because I want to see what the next two games offer. I read that the next game adds some new features, so that's something to look forward too. I might go back to the first game and do the 5th case eventually.
Ehh... I might skill Apollo Justice. I don't feel like fetching out for that game and I don't think I am a major fan of not controlling Phoenix. It doesn't seem... Wright.

Who knows? His poster might be a Platinum reward!
I don't have Platinum either...:cry: I fell just short of that as well.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Aw... :/

Sorry you didn't make it in time.

I suppose you can always purchase the one you wanted from a private artisan if you had to have one.

Shaymikyu

Aw... :/

Sorry you didn't make it in time.

I suppose you can always purchase the one you wanted from a private artisan if you had to have one.
True. I saw the only poster that made me want the set (:4shulk:) going on eBay for under 20 bucks, and if I don't mind having a smaller version, I can always print and laminate the original art like with my Pokémon posters. And I have a laminator, so that's free.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yeah, I had the same reason. The second game has my favourite case in the entire series, so it worked out. (also strictly speaking it's actually a new feature, the series doesn't really do new features often)

Ehh... I might skill Apollo Justice. I don't feel like fetching out for that game and I don't think I am a major fan of not controlling Phoenix.
Yeah, the writing as a whole is a step down in that game - the minor characters are flat(ter than usual), one of the defendants is hateful, and Apollo himself doesn't even get fleshed out as a character until the sequel. It's only really worth it if you decide to play the fifth game, and want some more backstory to it.

It doesn't seem... Wright.

Top Bottom