• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Wonderful! *sigh* Will I ever finish XBC? :c
NOOOOoooooooooooooo......

I really want to listen to that music now after read these comments but I don't want any part of the game to be spoiled ;-;.

I bet @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu would feel the same.
You two do realize you could just listen to the music and not be watching the video, right? All the music in the video is music you've heard from Smash Bros. so there's no spoilers in terms of music, just a portion of the video content. Honestly, it's worth a listen given how good it is, even if you haven't played the game yet. Just don't be tempted to watch the latter half of the video and you'll be golden.

*bookmarks for a month or so from now when spoilers aren't a problem*

Or I could just listen to the music like you said.

Have I mentioned that what little of Xenoblade's soundtrack I've heard so far may make it my new favorite game soundtrack ever!?

I know your pain, Unknown Hero.

Soon, soon... I'm getting XC3D on release or the day after, but I've heard it's a huge game, so even then I might still have to avoid
spoiler content for a while. And I plan on doing as many side things as possible and not rushing through the story.
That's what I would do personally. As I already explained to @Unknown Hero and @ AirshBornely AirshBornely , listening to the orchestrated pieces of music is WORTH IT! Just don't watch the latter half of the video and you'll be fine. But, if you want to go cold turkey and not be tempted, I understand if you don't want to watch it given that you want to experience the game to it's fullest. I can't fault you for that. :) I'm very pleased to hear that the soundtrack is steadily becoming your favourite video game soundtrack. The exact same thing happened to me when I listened to most of the soundtrack. And yes, it's a huge game, like 60 hours or so if you JUST focus on the main story. If you don't then easily 100 hours or more. I would definitely explore all the side quests because they generally give you lots of needed experience and awesome equipment that you can't obtain elsewhere.

I actually changed my mind on which was being compared:

So the second one is fair game but I want to change the first one to something else, so now:

This one
[collapse=Second one from above]
View attachment 45027
[/collapse]

Or this one:

[collapse=The new one that I chose]
View attachment 45028 [/collapse]

And I agree, Nah with her hair down is amazing.
I prefer the first one personally. It seems to suit you more for some reason. :3

@The Soulless One, I personally preferred the first one with Tiki that you considered earlier.

Also, in regards to the announcement of the Direct tomorrow (assuming it's not some elaborate April's Fools Joke that Nintendo of Europe and Japan are both in on despite not happening on April 1 for them) I hope there will be new info on FE: if. It's not so much a new trailer or anything of that sort I am looking forward to in it of themselves, but all the potential fun discussion bound to happen in this thread. We may even get another influx of new tacticians like the last time which included, if I recall correct, our dearest yaoi fangirl, @ Elezir Elezir .

Edit: Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/582890134846197760

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I can't watch the direct because it's in the middle of a class. If only it had been an hour or two later...:cry:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'll be able to watch the Direct tomorrow. Study time? Later.

I wonder if wave 4 pre-orders will finally come up after the Direct.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
@ S Syrek I have listened to this and I love it! I was just implying that since it reminded me how I still need to finish this masterpiece, haha...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
This is Ace Attorney, right?

I didn't even know this was a thing.

April Fools and all that, but still, wow Capcom, lol

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
@ S Syrek I have listened to this and I love it! I was just implying that since it reminded me how I still need to finish this masterpiece, haha...
Ahhhhh, I see now. My apologizes. :4lucina: I understand and you have my deepest sympathies, my friend. ;_; :sadsheep:

That's what makes it the best thread ever!

Indeed, good sir. Our bonds, our invisible ties are strong because of the amazing human beings that grace this social thread. The human connection that we share is invaluable and something that I will always cherish, no matter what. I've forged friendships of the highest calibre with you fine people, and I am a better person because of all of you, because we are so close as a social thread. You all constantly amaze me by welcoming others will open arms, making this thread a safe and inviting place to be, and making me feel like I'm a part of something fantastic every single day. I am truly feel blessed to be amongst you all.
This is the best social thread on Smashboards and it's all thanks to you all. My fellow tacticians. :4robinm::4robinf: <3

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
How long's it been since I last left here?

Seems like this place never stops being so fun to be apart of.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'll be able to watch the Direct tomorrow. Study time? Later.

I wonder if wave 4 pre-orders will finally come up after the Direct.
If they are, I'll bet that they'll be sold out by the end of the Direct like the Majora's Mask 3DS.

I just want my Robin and Lucina, and Charizard wouldn't hurt...

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It appears we may finally see something of SMT X FE during tomorrow's direct.

http://nintendoeverything.com/atlus-usa-re-tweets-news-about-tomorrows-nintendo-direct/

That or it's the rumoured localization of Attack on Titan for the 3DS. :p I'm hoping for the former though. ^w^
The latter would be pretty terrible, I know the anime is huge, but it's hard to get excited for games inspired by said media given their usual quality. Would EO Mystery Dungeon being shown before it's week of release be a stretch?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I wonder if we'll get some Fire Emblem: If news in tomorrow's direct. That'd be soooo hype.
I truly hope so. :happysheep:

The latter would be pretty terrible, I know the anime is huge, but it's hard to get excited for games inspired by said media given their usual quality. Would EO Mystery Dungeon being shown before it's week of release be a stretch?
It's possible it could be EO Mystery Dungeon or EOU2. Hmmm, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. But I concur, I'd rather not see the latter. I heard the actual game wasn't that great so I don't see any reason to bring it overseas.

Here's a better question:

What If we don't? :cheep:

huehuehue
Naga's breath......

Your so punny, Liquid. :awesome:

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Ugh, the one time I would actually prefer it if they had a Direct in the morning instead. I just hope no limited edition stuff gets announced. ;w;

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

*looks up Soren*

Aw crap. First Libra now this guy!

*sigh*

I guess it does explain a lot though.
Oh...you really need to play other FE games.
Libra and Soren aren't nothing compared to say, Reyson and Lucius.
Soren is the mild case there, really.

Oh, Cardinal, really, you guys should stop to flatter me:happysheep:
At least I'm remembered as a yaoi fangirl, and not golden sun hater.

New direct, huh.
I don't know if I'll be able to watch it, but I'll sure try.
I hope, of course, to see some informations about FE: if, or whatever title they'll decide to give to the Western audience.

Also, related.

As a side note, I can't believe they chose this date for nothing. I can't help but think they'll pull a joke in there somewhere.:sadsheep:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Soren's serious face helps prevent much confusion in PoR, at least. He looks girlier in RD.

But yeah, he's nothing compared to Lucius.

:231:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It appears we may finally see something of SMT X FE during tomorrow's direct.

http://nintendoeverything.com/atlus-usa-re-tweets-news-about-tomorrows-nintendo-direct/

That or it's the rumoured localization of Attack on Titan for the 3DS. :p I'm hoping for the former though. ^w^

We have FE: If. Screw SMT X FE.

Attack on Titan, however... :3
I'd probably only get excited for an Attack on Titan game if the game's difficulty made Dark Souls look like SM3DW's gameplay with a P-Wing.

I wonder if we'll get some Fire Emblem: If news in tomorrow's direct. That'd be soooo hype.
I'm not so sure.... but one can hope!

But if we get a date, even for Japan:

tumblr_mngoovYkal1rfimo0o2_500.gif

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Are there any Bravely Default fans here? If so are are you looking forward to Bravely Second? I sure am looking forward to whatever Gerome is plotting.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I don't need dates! I mean, if they do give a date it would be nice, but more importantly, I want to know how "The choices that you make will make a difference"!

Please, let me pick my side in the war:roll:I want to side with that handsome nice blond prince.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Are there any Bravely Default fans here? If so are are you looking forward to Bravely Second? I sure am looking forward to whatever Gerome is plotting.
Is that the love child of Gerome and F!Robin by chance?

Is this a crossover? :seuss:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I don't need dates! I mean, if they do give a date it would be nice, but more importantly, I want to know how "The choices that you make will make a difference"!

Please, let me pick my side in the war:roll:I want to side with that handsome nice blond prince.
Marx or the Lobster Lord...
Screw that! I want to go against both sides and claim the dancer for myself!

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I've seen some leaks floating around for the cover of SMT x FE

I doubt it's legit though since everyone knows you're supposed to tilt your leaks.

Shaymikyu

That's another game on my hit list. Would have gotten it when I preordered Xenoblade if it was there... I'm sure I'll find it eventually, though. Awakening popped up in Gamestop a week or so after I got it on eShop.
Is that the love child of Gerome and F!Robin by chance?

Is this a crossover? :seuss:
Morgan REALLY took after his father... That, or he has a brother we don't know about and this is where he ended up.

Yes, join the Fabulous Marx Side.

I've seen some leaks floating around for the cover of SMT x FE

I doubt it's legit though since everyone knows you're supposed to tilt your leaks.
And blur them! Don't forget the blurring.

EDIT: Should note that after 1 or so tomorrow I'll be gone until I've seen the Direct after class, so I'll likely not respond to anything posted in that span of time and just post my own thoughts on the Direct as I watch the Youtube'd version.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Atlus retweeted the Direct?
That's intriguing...
I guess they might show off the game at long last. (hopefully they will release it this year with it being FE's 20th Anniversary after all)

I wonder what else will be shown, hopefully Mewtwo.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
That's another game on my hit list. Would have gotten it when I preordered Xenoblade if it was there... I'm sure I'll find it eventually, though. Awakening popped up in Gamestop a week or so after I got it on eShop.

Morgan REALLY took after his father... That, or he has a brother we don't know about and this is where he ended up.

Yes, join the Fabulous Marx Side.

And blur them! Don't forget the blurring.

EDIT: Should note that after 1 or so tomorrow I'll be gone until I've seen the Direct after class, so I'll likely not respond to anything posted in that span of time and just post my own thoughts on the Direct as I watch the Youtube'd version.
I don't know, Lobster Lord seems pretty cool too.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
So even if Nintendo explicitly tells us that the Direct is not a joke, I can't help but feel fishy about it. It is on the first April, it just can't be coincidence.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I don't know, Lobster Lord seems pretty cool too.
Oh good, for a moment I thought I was the only one on Lobster Lord side.

By the way, what side are you all on? And no, you can't cop out and say either "both" or "neither."

Marx or the Lobster Lord...
Screw that! I want to go against both sides and claim the dancer for myself!
They can have her for all I care. Admittedly, I don't really care for her. Says this after after a mere 2-3 minute trailer.

Shaymikyu

I like the Dancer's design, and I am a little intrigued by her, but it is a little annoying how she's kind of overshadowed everyone else.

It's too early to really say much, though.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
OH! OHHH!! I AM! I AM!! :happysheep: I'm a pretty big fan of Bravely Default, to say the least, and I am greatly looking forward to Bravely Second. :3 <3

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
By the way, what side are you all on? And no, you can't cop out and say either "both" or "neither."
To be honest, I'd prefer to wait until I get to learn more about both sides before I make a decision.

Though if I were to make a choice right now, I'd probably go with the side with Marx. As much as I like the Japanese style with the Lobster Lord, I can't get too interested of FE in the Feudal Japan style. (Even if they have some cute waifu's)

Like I said though, I'd like to learn more about them.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Oh good, for a moment I thought I was the only one on Lobster Lord side.

They can have her for all I care. Admittedly, I don't really care for her. Says this after after a mere 2-3 minute trailer.
I want to say both so badly though, I might just be my nerdy/otaku side showing but I love things like old knights and samurai. They both look like they're going to be very strong characters.

Top Bottom