• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So, who wants to get a good laugh (or lie down in tears) for this April Fools day Nintendo Direct?

The video was set to private. Carry on with your Nah talk.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah. View attachment 44881

Not unless you got a body pillow with a Nah cover that you'd be reluctant to share with the class.

(That's the one people should use, I think it's better).

I adore Nah, but I don't have an altar to her in my closet or something, my "worship" of her is extreme, but not extreme like that.

<3
~

Plus I'm celibate so even if I was that extreme I wouldn't have a body pillow either.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Hey, Robin and Rosalina MU going on the Zelda Social thread, if anyone is interested.:happysheep:
See, @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy , I can do this kind of stuff, too.

Last edited:

Elezir

In the Zelda Social? Is it a serious discussion? :estatic:

:231:
Funnily enough, it is.
Though most of their discussions are about MU's in general, even if they have the occasional joking stuff, so I'm not surprised.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Speaking of which, someone actually bought DK64 for me back in the day. I played it through because I would have felt horrible otherwise.

And I ended up feeling a different kind of horrible from sitting through that game.:4dk:
The amount of junk you need to collect JUST to finish game is just....no

Hong

The Strongest
The amount of junk you need to collect JUST to finish game is just....no
My best memory of that game is finding that arcade cabinet and playing the original Donkey Kong.

AKA my best memories of playing that game is playing a better game within it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
*Sits in corner liking DK64*

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I can't tell if it's a good thing or bad thing that in almost any paper I write for a class, I relate to video games at some point. :4dedede:

One of my very first papers for college was about Smash as a whole, and another paper I recently did involved Pokemon.

Elezir

I can't tell if it's a good thing or bad thing that in almost any paper I write for a class, I relate to video games at some point. :4dedede:

One of my very first papers for college was about Smash as a whole, and another paper I recently did involved Pokemon.
Eh, it shouldn't be viewed as a bad thing, at the very last.
It's no different than relating to a book or a movie. In the end, video games are cultural production, as well, and have a lot of potential to be analized.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Eh, it shouldn't be viewed as a bad thing, at the very last.
It's no different than relating to a book or a movie. In the end, video games are cultural production, as well, and have a lot of potential to be analized.
Those papers actually got me good grades (A- and a B respectively) so it's good on my part c:

It's just sometimes when my instructors give us the freedom to write about a certain topic, I'll often see if I can find an example among the various games I've played over the years. One one hand I feel like I'm losing some of my creativity since I resort to video games so much. But on the other hand, I do this because I'll have a lot more motivation to actually try well on the paper since it's relative to my interests.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Video games are an integral part of your life, so it only makes sense that you relate to them when it comes to writing a paper in college. Like @ Elezir Elezir so eloquently put it, video games are a cultural production to be analyzed, just like any other entertainment medium, so I think it's fantastic that you can take something you enjoy so passionately and put it into a topic your writing. Do what feels natural, my friend and continue to follow that path. If video games can motivate you to write a well written paper, then continue to rely on them. Most artists and writers do something similar in that they take content from they're life that motivates or interests them, and turns it into a work of art. It gives them strength and energy because it's something they can relate to and they have a deep desire to express it or talk about it. It's no different for you, nor should it be. Video games can be art or have cultural significance, just like movies, TV or books. If a video game like Awakening can make a grown man like me cry, not just from a death of a character but by a piece of beautifully composed music, then I consider it to be most definitely a work of art and something to be analyzed. :4robinm:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Most of the time, people are just joking around with waifu/husbando. It's just a character they like. But when they use it to express that they're...in love, for lack of better words, with that that character than I suppose it's somewhat odd(?) Nobody recognizes the Fire Emblem series as just "waifu simulator games". Not even Awakening, the game closest to that, is never seriously called that. Don't let it bother you
Basically this. I might jokingly call a character I like that, and I do enjoy shipping, but it's all in good fun. I'd never attack anyone over a ship or anything. To me, shipping is just another way to look at character interactions. As for obsessing over one character, as long as they don't get super possessive about that character or start to take it too seriously, I see no issue. I have a lot of characters I love a ton above all others, myself.
We have serious MU talk all the time actually, so often that some people call our social "The Character Competitive Impressions Social" xD
Whenever people change their icons, I don't recognize them.:cyclops: Your new icon is nice, though.

Elezir

Like @ Elezir Elezir so eloquently put it, video games are a cultural production to be analyzed, just like any other entertainment medium, so I think it's fantastic that you can take something you enjoy so passionately and put it into a topic your writing.
Oh, you flatter me, Syrek. :cheep:

Those papers actually got me good grades (A- and a B respectively) so it's good on my part c:

It's just sometimes when my instructors give us the freedom to write about a certain topic, I'll often see if I can find an example among the various games I've played over the years. One one hand I feel like I'm losing some of my creativity since I resort to video games so much. But on the other hand, I do this because I'll have a lot more motivation to actually try well on the paper since it's relative to my interests.
As @ S Syrek gallantly put, it's something fantastic. We still live in a time which video game analysis isn't really taken seriously in academic area (at least, in my region) as it's a relatively new and unexplored media in the sense of acknowledging it as culture, so you doing works based on it is really awesome.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
>Whenever I read a post by S Syrek

I am appreciative of these video games, for they almost feel something more special then that to me. I enjoy some of them so much that they almost feel like a part of me afterwards. Between games like, Pokemon, Awakening, and The World Ends With You, I probably wouldn't be the person I am today. So I guess me writing these papers of video games is my way of expressing myself, and showcasing my creativity.

So there is really nothing wrong with it and I'm just being me :4robinm:

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Awwwww! Thanks you two. :') <3 Your both so incredibly awesome! :kirby:

Exactly! You hit the nail right on the head, good sir! Remember those words you just wrote, always. ^_^

Always. :cheep:
Damn this thread is getting all emotional now. *sniff* I'm getting all teary eyed over here.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Damn this thread is getting all emotional now. *sniff* I'm getting all teary eyed over here.
You too, huh? Well, I guess there's no point in holding back any longer.

THE FEELS! OH THE FEELS!!! OUR BONDS ARE INDEED STRONG!:4robinm::4robinf::4lucina:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I have 270 coins in my Club Nintendo account. Any idea what should I get (3DS only, NA)?

Elezir

So I have 270 coins in my Club Nintendo account. Any idea what should I get (3DS only, NA)?

If you haven't played yet, I'd recommend anything from SMT series, principally Devil Survivor (Strategy game, though, only if you're into it) and SMT IV. Same goes for Fire emblem Awakening if you haven't played it yet. (of course this recommendation would come from this thread.)

So much wishy washy in this thread.
It's our invisible bonds! :4robinm::4robinf::happysheep:

...I think I'll come back later. :|
Nu, I won't let you, not with my virtual hug

You not going anywhere now. :happysheep:

Last edited:
Top Bottom