• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
As a Captain Falcon main, it's hard to grasp the concept of an spammable Fair, so when i play sheik i try to do Uair combos on instinct and fail miserably, not to mention trying to dash grab with Robin only to realize she doesn't even have good follow ups from grabs most of the time. :laugh:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That's a good idea, actually.
On it.

Yeah, I only remembered that one because that was the first East themed game I played.
I had some problems with the way you moved characters there, though. It always felt a little difficult for me, but that could be because I had finished Arc the Lad just before playing it, which had a incredible fluid way of moving characters.
I'm so excited I'm using the sheep.:cheep:

It's been years, but I remember it being playable but...well, bland. The Eastern theme was a nice touch but it wasn't exactly a shiny game even then, nor a groundbreaking one, which is probably the biggest reason I forgot it existed.

I do remember a nifty system of funneling pitied foos directly into equipment enhancements, however. I did like that bit. Feel like it could be expanded upon. Does any other SRPG do that to your knowledge?

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
As someone who's studying Latin for 4 years, it's not any of the Latin variations, even if it has some Latin words mixed there (Via=path/street)
I even remember thread on the Serenes where people concluded it could be something like Bayonetta's music: It doesn't mean anything at all. Here.
It's, though, incredible difficult to pick any words with all this weird chorus going on the music, so maybe it is, but no one can actually disguinsh anything there.
As it stand now, I say it's only a mix of sounds with some Latin words.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There's a reason the Pokemon item Destiny Knot, which makes a Pokemon that infatuates the opponent become infatuated as well, is a big ball of red string.

I find myself using Dash Grab more and more with Robin recently. With my preferred area of zoning, it gives me just the range I want to grab and rack damage or stall the clock and get a tome back.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I finally got caught up from the 6 pages of content I missed from yesterday. Outside of that minor troll/hater incident, I've always enjoyed how civilized we are with each other. We'll get into discussions that would cause most other forums or threads to completely derail and fall apart. I love you guys and I love coming back here.

tumblr_mi5qbgEusp1s5y2pto1_400.png

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Ah, yes, the good old days when our logical arguments and observations were rejected in favor of the leak of prophecy, leaving us as nothing more than fools in denial deserving of ridicule...

Good times, good times... :awesome:
In my defense, I only thought the Gematsu leak characters were 100% guaranteed after the Sneaky Spirits from Rhythm Heaven were seen, considering I thought that as the Chorus Men were likely "all but confirmed" due to "enemies" from their franchises appearing in Smash Run (despite not having any villainous characters to begin with) and considering the only reason why most considered them because of the leak that the remaining characters were all but confirmed. Until that time, I reserved my judgement on the second part of the leak, believing it to be plausible but not guaranteed. More importantly, I never called anyone "deluded" or "fools" and recognized that Robin and Lucina had legit reasons to be considered plausible (in fact if you remember, I was lamenting how people would have gone and dismissed Robin as a no chancer had Chrom being confirmed in this very thread).

D

Deleted member

Happy birthday @Opossum!

My brother lost to a tome. A TOME. AT MID STAGE

I'll avenge my brother, and beat that Robin. Some day. Even if it means using the hoo hah :4diddy:
Knowledge is power.
Reading is power.
You will die for not reading!

In all seriousness, the discarded Tomes are one of Robin's most powerful attacks in their arsenal. I've had a few kills with the Tomes.

And this video is one of the reasons why Id Purpose is my 5th favorite video game song.
Such a beautiful song. I loved it the moment I heard it.

By the way, I don't know where this could or would ever be used by anyone, but I made this:

View attachment 43881
You can revive Anthony's support thread with it.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
:4robinf:"I'd tip his scales."

:4lucina:"Mother!"

Palutena looks like a $5 hooker on crack and alcohol in that picture. Also, why the hell does she have a beauty mark? Beauty marks make want to vomit.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Wii Fit Trainer in last place.
Fitting really with how she looked in the picture. :laugh:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I have seen quite a few Lucy/Shulk fanarts. Thinking about it they suit each other well(with all the fututre stuff going on)

As much as I approve of that pairing, there is another..........

I love short guy x tall girl pairings.

or short girl x tall guy for that matter

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
As someone who's studying Latin for 4 years, it's not any of the Latin variations, even if it has some Latin words mixed there (Via=path/street)
I even remember thread on the Serenes where people concluded it could be something like Bayonetta's music: It doesn't mean anything at all. Here.
It's, though, incredible difficult to pick any words with all this weird chorus going on the music, so maybe it is, but no one can actually disguinsh anything there.
As it stand now, I say it's only a mix of sounds with some Latin words.
As someone who studied Latin also, I can also that the Latin pronunciation, assuming its even all Latin, is pretty crappy. Still like the song though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Not gonna lie, I would have loved to have Anthony playable.

Let him borrow some of Samus's weapons, sure, with his plasma cannon being his Neutral Special and kinda like Thoron+, but he'd be the Badass Normal alongside Mac compared to everyone else in the game. And the two of them could go Bash Bros. Central on everyone.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
My my. I don't mind a little humour, but that pun was a bit of a stretch.
I don't know, Hong. I thought it was rather............puny. :awesome:

...........................................................................................

I'll just see myself out now... :seuss:

Top Bottom