• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
How about no. The beast has been unleashed, and I am sure as hell going to take advantage of watching everyone one of you squirm. There is nothing you can do about it you worthless little shrimp. Hope you like hell, because I ain't leaving this place until every single one of you people leave these god forsaken boards.
I guess I can see the difference between a true detractor and someone who just appeared to support a character who proved a "wrong choice" (in a distasteful way no less). At least I moved on and made love, not war.

But even then, it's about some months soon until it's gone a year of Robin's reveal, so you gotta get used to his presence for rest of the series.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Happy Birthday, @Monsieur Modsupial! :awesome:

You know playing Robin for a while and then Marth/Lucina isn't a good idea. I start expecting Levin swords for smashes there as well. >_>

:231:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pleasantries on this, your ritual spawning day, @Opossum!

Recall now how you have taken another step towards your inevitable demise, and engage in most wonderful activities whilst you meander slowly across the mortal plane and prepare to shake hands with Mr Eternity himself~ :3

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Happy Birthday, @Monsieur Modsupial! :awesome:

You know playing Robin for a while and then Marth/Lucina isn't a good idea. I start expecting Levin swords for smashes there as well. >_>

As someone who plays both Robin and Marth it is a tad awkward first though you naturally get use to it. Having played Brawl Marth with a wall of fair style for years made it even worse because I was ripping through my Levin sword usage like cotton candy at first. Still do.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Honestly I'm glad you weren't here for most of that. Not the way the Robin social usually is. :<
yeah, that's not what the Robin board is about, is about weird Sonic OC's, Hong shippings,
, which Robin palette is better, Fire Emblem talk and, once in a blue moon, actual discussion on Robin's skills and attributes in Smash 4. Oh, and remember the day Chrom was not confirmed and Robin was.
It's a fun place

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
As someone who plays both Robin and Marth it is a tad awkward first though you naturally get use to it. Having played Brawl Marth with a wall of fair style for years made it even worse because I was ripping through my Levin sword usage like cotton candy at first. Still do.
I picked up Robin a few days ago, and I'm still getting used to his specials running out. I tend to be a little reckless, so it does feel weird when I run out of a tome.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My secondary's the fastest thing alive, and my main is slow as hell. It's an awkward dichotomy.

Anyway, Mewtwo's almost here.

And Sakurai made that announcement next to Tomokazu Sugita.

I can actually see Sugita voicing Mewtwo. He already did the voices for Chrom and Takamaru, so he can just walk right back in and pitch in some more lines.

Hey, guess Chrom's playable after all. =P

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I picked up Robin a few days ago, and I'm still getting used to his specials running out. I tend to be a little reckless, so it does feel weird when I run out of a tome.

It does but for me personally, I have come to love the limited usage mechanic and telling my opponent to "go read a book" as a ballistic tome smacks them across the face, sending them to their oblivion.
My secondary's the fastest thing alive, and my main is slow as hell. It's an awkward dichotomy.

Anyway, Mewtwo's almost here.

And Sakurai made that announcement next to Tomokazu Sugita.

I can actually see Sugita voicing Mewtwo. He already did the voices for Chrom and Takamaru, so he can just walk right back in and pitch in some more lines.

Hey, guess Chrom's playable after all. =P
Playing Mewtwo with the voice and snark of Gintoki will for real make me consider dropping Robin for him. Or better yet, just play both.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't play Robin that much, but when I do I feel like the amount of tomes I get are very generous. I always know when I'm about to run out of Thunder/Arcfire and I never feel like it's too little.

Except for Nosferatu. Considering how often I miss with it (90% of the time) it's really annoying it's got like, 4 uses)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have no issues transitioning between Robin/Lucina in short intervals. Maybe it's because I'm that experienced in zoning that the two play style switches barely affect me.

Though I'm only average with Robin. If I had a Wii U I could get on the level of most of you, especially since my Wired Fight Pad has only been used once at a friend's house. It felt so good to use a controller, too. :<

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How can a social where everyone will rally together at a moment's notice to oppose a troll be an unpleasant place to post?

This is a legitimate question. :cheep:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Big birthdays to ya @Opossum! And um... I suck at saying anything else. But I have immense love on the place.

I don't really have problems transferring between Robin and Falchion Wielders. Both function differently in a simple way, anyway.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
How can a social where everyone will rally together at a moment's notice to oppose a troll be an unpleasant place to post?

This is a legitimate question. :cheep:
Unpleasant for the troll perhaps. :p But yeah, the type of camaraderie I witnessed yesterday was unlike anything I had ever seen before on the internet. It truly goes to show you that our bonds between one another is strong and the invisible ties that link us are unbreakable, even when tested. May these ties we share with one another never break, and our friendships remain ever strong.

“We're not pawns of some scripted fate. I believe we're more. Much more... There's something between us all. Something that keeps us together... Like...invisible ties, connecting us.”

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Good morning everyone!

@ Drakonis Drakonis : Sully!Lucina? Lucina doesn't have a sully palette, just Cherche, Tiki, Nowi, Lissa, Sumia, Cordelia and Tharja. Did you mean her cherche/cordelia palette? those are the only ones with red so....
I always thought the red and white one was supposed to be Sully as the colours match with hers, too. Would be weird to exclude her specificly, considering how Sully is a potential mother for her...
Then again, there isn't an Olivia one either. So maybe I'm mistaken.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I couldn't use Marth in Melee or Brawl - in fact I think Marth was my least used character in Brawl in the character rankings - so I'm not going to try using him here.

Robin v. Marth though is such an exhilarating matchup. They can keep each other out from all sorts of angles, but when one gets that hit in. Oh lord.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I just hope @NonSpecificGuy doesn't "Like" the butthead's posts. I know he's made it his mission to "Like" every post in the Robin Social, but we don't need to see "Likes" on that filth...

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Happy Birthday @Opossum

:happysheep:

INPO:

Oh geez I can see why. That gives me giggles, and I am not a giggly ma that's a lie nevermind.

@ Elezir Elezir , any chance I could request your wallpaper skills here?

Psst. Pssssst.

Look uuup.

Also @ Elezir Elezir I thought I was the only person in the world who had played Onimusha Tactics. And had completely forgotten it existed. Good on ya.
That's a good idea, actually.
On it.

Yeah, I only remembered that one because that was the first East themed game I played.
I had some problems with the way you moved characters there, though. It always felt a little difficult for me, but that could be because I had finished Arc the Lad just before playing it, which had a incredible fluid way of moving characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Unpleasant for the troll perhaps. :p But yeah, the type of camaraderie I witnessed yesterday was unlike anything I had ever seen before on the internet. It truly goes to show you that our bonds between one another is strong and the invisible ties that link us are unbreakable, even when tested. May these ties we share with one another never break, and our friendships remain ever strong.

“We're not pawns of some scripted fate. I believe we're more. Much more... There's something between us all. Something that keeps us together... Like...invisible ties, connecting us.”
*Not going to mention that image is blatantly saying Robin and Chrom are gay for each other*

Elezir

*Not going to mention that image is blatantly saying Robin and Chrom are gay for each other*
I like yaoi and it doesn't even seen like it to me. I think you should clean your mind a bit:troll:
It only feels like bromance, as if the two are like brothers. Even if we consider that Robin as the female one, it still feels like it, because the image doesn't specify the gender.
Bonds aren't just romantically ones, you know:cheep:

But hey, if we are starting to discuss the M!RobinxChrom ship, I'm not complaining.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My brother lost to a tome. A TOME. AT MID STAGE

I'll avenge my brother, and beat that Robin. Some day. Even if it means using the hoo hah :4diddy:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I like yaoi and it doesn't even seen like it to me. I think you should clean your mind a bit:troll:
It only feels like bromance, as if the two are like brothers. Even if we consider that Robin as the female one, it still feels like it, because the image doesn't specify the gender.
Bonds aren't just romantically ones, you know:cheep:
But hey, if we are starting to discuss the M!RobinxChrom ship, I'm not complaining.
No, see, the red string in that image is a symbol of love. Two people that are connected by the string are destined to be lovers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_string_of_fate

Of course, as it's hooded Robin it implies that no matter what gender Robin is, Chrom is his/her husbando.
I just thought it was a funny oversight.

Also, I know you're joking, but don't ever tell me to "clean my mind", as I do actually take great offence to that claim.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I'll avenge my brother, and beat that Robin. Some day. Even if it means using the hoo hah :4diddy:
That isn't surprising; a discarded tome is one of a tactician's greatest weapons. Knowledge is power, after all. :4robinm:

By the way, would you happen to know who the Robin player was that your brother fought?

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
You are so cute~ <3

Meanwhile, I preordered my Lucina and Robin amiibo in February and have to wait until late April for them to arrive.

Ah well, small price to pay for peace of mind~
tumblr_llxy4tMg5E1qc9mxo.png

I actually can't tell if you're talking about my Pikachu or I, but I'm just going to assume both.

That isn't surprising; a discarded tome is one of a tactician's greatest weapons. Knowledge is power, after all. :4robinm:

By the way, would you happen to know who the Robin player was that your brother fought?
Yeah. He mainly played Shulk and took the tournament. Climbed from round 1 losers. Lol. He only used Robin once.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Does anyone know if Id Purpose as actual words, or if it's mostly just chanting? And if there are words, does anyone know where they're at?

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
You guys posted the exact same quote, from the exact same show, at the exact same time, in reply to the exact same post.
Maybe @ S Syrek and @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A are bound by a thread of fate <3

Oh, I guess it could be.
Liquid is like a bro to me. ^_^

As for the intent of the pic I posted, I never gave much thought to the red string representing love. I just thought it looked cool and it tied together what I was trying to say. Also, because Robin is hooded, it's not alluded to which gender is tied to Chrom but I suppose it could be either. At any rate, I think I conveyed what I was trying to say. ^w^

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

CURSE YOU, LIQUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad088:
You guys posted the exact same quote, from the exact same show, at the exact same time, in reply to the exact same post.
Maybe @ S Syrek and @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A are bound by a thread of fate <3
:cheep:

Does anyone know if Id Purpose as actual words, or if it's mostly just chanting? And if there are words, does anyone know where they're at?
Latin.

Elezir

Oh, those loose books you have Robin :troll:

No, see, the red string in that image is a symbol of love. Two people that are connected by the string are destined to be lovers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_string_of_fate

Of course, as it's hooded Robin it implies that no matter what gender Robin is, Chrom is his/her husbando.
I just thought it was a funny oversight.

Also, I know you're joking, but don't ever tell me to "clean my mind", as I do actually take great offence to that claim.
Oh, I see.
Well, I've seen this pic on the pixiv, the Eastern meaning for the red string is that
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
The thread may stretch or tangle,
but it will never break"
This is the Chinese proverd, I think, it could have more "love" in it on the original, though.
So, even though it is mostly used to despict Love, I don't believe it's to be taken as necessarily love, but eh,it's just my interpretion, and it's not I don't like the idea of M!RobinxChrom:cheep:

I see, I won't say it again, then.

Top Bottom