• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Not gonna lie, I would have loved to have Anthony playable.

Let him borrow some of Samus's weapons, sure, with his plasma cannon being his Neutral Special and kinda like Thoron+, but he'd be the Badass Normal alongside Mac compared to everyone else in the game. And the two of them could go Bash Bros. Central on everyone.
If Anthony was I playable I would be forced to play as him

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
My my. I don't mind a little humour, but that pun was a bit of a stretch.
Give him a breather. His humor game is just a bit out of shape is all.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Whoa. I don't like the tone of your voice. We can work out our differences like adults, here.
Sorry Hong, I was just trying to warm him up to our little community here but I guess I overextended myself.

Hong

The Strongest
Sorry Hong, I was just trying to warm him up to our little community here but I guess I overextended myself.
I understand. Together, we'll work towards balancing the fluidity and restraint that embodies this community.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm only good with Shrek jokes, so i'm sitting this one out, i'll be watching you from far far away

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Well Cardinal, you're doing a preeeetty good job. :laugh:
Ah, thanks. Yesterday proved to be an exercise in restraint and patience so I wanted to assure you that yesterday was not the usual routine.
Actually, all these puns are not the usual routine either.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is the awkwardness on the last page the norm or the exception? :troll:

EDIT: Did someone mention Shrek jokes?

:231:

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Oh, Chrom on! I Chrommand you all to cease these puns immediately! Perhaps we can continue these puns Chrommorow. :awesome:

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
All these puns are ogrewhelming. I think we all could use a deep breath of fresh air and some stretches.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
To everyone who mains Robin, I have a question. About two weeks ago I dropped all my other characters besides Shulk and Zelda so I could focus specifically on them. I tried Robin again today and I really miss playing as her. So, is she worth picking up again in the competitive scene? By picking her up, I mean I'm going to go full out learning how to use Bronze Sword aerials, learning how many uses each tome has, etc. Does she struggle just as much with rushdowns as Shulk and Zelda do?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
How come every time I go to bed and awake up the next day, about 5 pages of activity have happened and I never know what happens because I am too lazy to read through all the pages?

Hong

The Strongest
To everyone who mains Robin, I have a question. About two weeks ago I dropped all my other characters besides Shulk and Zelda so I could focus specifically on them. I tried Robin again today and I really miss playing as her. So, is she worth picking up again in the competitive scene? By picking her up, I mean I'm going to go full out learning how to use Bronze Sword aerials, learning how many uses each tome has, etc. Does she struggle just as much with rushdowns as Shulk and Zelda do?
I love Robin and all, but if you wanted an honest opinion, I don't think she has much value if you are already a Zelda main. IMO you'll find yourself with very similar struggles and very similar advantages.

I'd argue that Robin is better than Zelda against rushdown, especially with customs. Speed Thunder and Fire Wall give you a lot of options. Robin is also better at fighting off-stage than Zelda. That said, unless @Raziek or another Robin main can say otherwise, Shulk is better off against rushdown than either of those two. Not a Shulk player myself, but one who has mastered Monado Speed just seems to command so much stage control, tech chase options, etc. If you can't deal with rushdown outright, Shulk can apply such an absurd amount of pressure that they won't have the chance to do the same.

Personally I'd say Robin is better than Zelda competitively, but if you enjoy Zelda more you should focus on her. In a competitive environment, either should compliment Shulk well in my opinion. If you want to win more, I'd adopt Robin and abandon Zelda, but you have to go with your heart on that one. Right now the Smash 4 competitive scene is crawling closer and closer to a custom meta, and unless I am ignorant as to one of Zelda's options, I can't imagine any of those three who will benefit as much as Robin.
How come every time I go to bed and awake up the next day, about 5 pages of activity have happened and I never know what happens because I am too lazy to read through all the pages?
Yet you answer your own question.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Both as @ Hong Hong said and as someone who subs Shulk, I also feel that the one who does the best against rushdown out of the 3 is Shulk. In addition to Monado Speed you can, to a degree, wall out people with near lagless and well spaced Nair and Fair. Jab also helps. Shulk is one of the best at reads and capitalizing on momentum. When :4shulk: is really feeling it, anyone can fall prey to him, regardless of their tier. Granted, I'm not saying he won't struggle against rushdown but of the three characters you're interested in, he has the better tools to deal with it. Shulk also probably has the most potential of the 3 to get far in the future. It's just that no one has unlocked all the layers of the Monado yet. Also, no one gets the ultimate jank known as Hyper Monado Arts, including other Shulk players (though I am sure the bronados and monado boys are hard at work).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Main Falco, that's always the best option.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
As someone whose favorite element is fire I will challenge you. Green and Red Robin combo is the best.

This guy gets it. Christmas color Robin duo for the win.
Is it sad that I am yet to watch Game of Thrones?
I haven't either.
Happy Birthday @Opossom @Oposom @Opposum @Opossum
Happy birthday @Opossum!

Ignore the fact that the picture has Chrom's birthday on it.
I'm pretty sure that's a..
...Hedgehog...
oh no here we go again
But my birthday was in January...:awesome:
:4robinf:"I'd tip his scales."

:4lucina:"Mother!"

Must avoid feeling it joke... Uh, "this is the Monado's power!"

Also, loving Villager's fangirl face of adorableness.
I have seen quite a few Lucy/Shulk fanarts. Thinking about it they suit each other well(with all the fututre stuff going on)

I love short guy x tall girl pairings.

or short girl x tall guy for that matter
Short/tall pairings are the cutest.

Speaking of which, you guys are making me ship :4shulk: x :4robinf:, and since my :4robinf: from Awakening is actually rather tall, it's amusing.

:4shulk: x :4lucina: is cute too since they're both forseers in a way. Actually, :4shulk: is cute with a lot of people. He's cute.:4kirby:
Sorry, mate. We are ogre with Shrek jokes ages ago.
But those jokes have so many layers!

Top Bottom