• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Maybe because you want to Shoryuken me or the guy I'm talking about???
No. I think it might have something to do with my discussion I have been having with @Syrek with which is you'd prefer, the Hadouken or Shoryuken. Also, it's just such a fun word to say :awesome:.

SHORYUKEN!!!!

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Is it sad that I am yet to watch Game of Thrones?
Not really. GoT is not for everyone. Its gory, dark and very nsfw. Sometimes its plot threads meander off into weird places and notable characters get changed for no good reason. It's all very up to personal taste really.

EDIT: oh hey i'm a cadet now. That was fast.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Gotta say, it was fun seeing the amount of mods and admins a few pages back
Well, there's something I've been meaning to ask: What other SRPGS did you people play aside Fire Emblem?
I really like the first Devil Survivor and Shining Force (although the game is starting to really show its flaws with its real lack of difficulty), if it counts, I also love Valkyria Chronicles, probably my favorite new IP from the last 15 years or so, it's too bad we got limited to handheld sequels and the (probably) better of the 2 was never localized, and we'll likely never see a new game in the series with Sega current standing.
Oh, and I also really liked the 2-3 hours I put into Trails in the Sky.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Not really. GoT is not for everyone. Its gory, dark and very nsfw. Sometimes its plot threads meander off into weird places and notable characters get changed for no good reason. It's all very up to personal taste really.

EDIT: oh hey i'm a cadet now. That was fast.
Oh, okay. Well, why don't we cheer this place up a bit then?

*Plays Saria's Song*

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I played a few but my personal favorites are Final Fantasy Tactics and Valkyria Chronicles. I ironically, however, have never bothered with their sequels.
:sadsheep:I wanted to play Valkyria Chronicles, but no PS3 for that.
Final Fantasy Tactics is really good. Nice taste there.

Aside from FFT(A and A2 included), I played Final Fantasy Revenant Wings, Tactics Ogre(Let us Cling Together and The Knight of Lordis) , Kartia, Arc The Lad (I, II, III), Eternal Poison, Growlanser, Disgaea (I and II), Makai Kingdom, Stella Deus, Soul Nomad &World Eaters, Shining Force, Bahamut Lagoon, Yggdra Union, Riviera, Onimusha Tactics, Ash, Heroes of Mana, Hoshigami, Knights in the Nightmare, SMT: Devil Survivor I&II, Ys Strategy, Laevatein Tactics, Pokémon conquest...
Geez, I have played some really obscure SRPGs. It's a wonder it took me so much time to get to know Fire emblem.
I still have no idea how the hell I let it slide past me while searching tactical rpgs in the internet.
Funnily enough, same applies to Advance Wars. I only got to know it existed until recently (Still have to play it)

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Is it sad that I am yet to watch Game of Thrones?
Read the books first.

Well, there's something I've been meaning to ask: What other SRPGS did you people play aside Fire Emblem?
I love Devil Survivor and Shining Force, thought Valkyria Chronicles was pretty good, and am interested in trying Banner Saga now that I have it on Steam (though I'm told that's less Strategy RPG and more Oregon Trail with Vikings).

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

Aside from FFT(A and A2 included), I played Final Fantasy Revenant Wings, Tactics Ogre(Let us Cling Together and The Knight of Lordis) , Kartia, Arc The Lad (I, II, III), Eternal Poison, Growlanser, Disgaea (I and II), Makai Kingdom, Stella Deus, Soul Nomad &World Eaters, Shining Force, Bahamut Lagoon, Yggdra Union, Riviera, Onimusha Tactics, Ash, Heroes of Mana, Hoshigami, Knights in the Nightmare, SMT: Devil Survivor I&II, Ys Strategy, Laevatein Tactics, Pokémon conquest...
Geez, I have played some really obscure SRPGs. It's a wonder it took me so much time to get to know Fire emblem.
I still have no idea how the hell I let it slide past me while searching tactical rpgs in the internet.
Funnily enough, same applies to Advance Wars. I only got to know it existed until recently (Still have to play it)

Valkyria Chronicles is also on steam and I have seen it on sale multiples times if that's something you'd consider. It's a very nice break from the usual SRPG fanfare although a bit on the easy side imo.

Elezir

Valkyria Chronicles is also on steam and I have seen it on sale multiples times if that's something you'd consider. It's a very nice break from the usual SRPG fanfare although a bit on the easy side imo.
I see, thanks.
I hadn't noticed it had a PC version, too.
Eh, as long as it has a nice mechanism and good story, I shall give it a go.:happysheep:
Difficulty shouldn't be seen as everything in a tactical rpg, imo, even if I do enjoy added challenges.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I see, thanks.
I hadn't noticed it had a PC version, too.
Eh, as long as it has a nice mechanism and good story, I shall give it a go.:happysheep:
Difficulty shouldn't be seen as everything in a tactical rpg, imo, even if I do enjoy added challenges.
Story's ok. Imo, it doesn't have the tension you would expect from a war story but the romance was kinda heartwarming. I do enjoy the mechanics though because again, a nice break from the norm.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Whoa, you've played so many RPGs :4lucina:.

Question, what's an SRPG?

Read the books first.
Okay. I like Books :). They are particularly good for KOing with :awesome:.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Speaking of Strategy RPGs... Has anyone here ever heard of the board game Heroscape? I've been thinking of adapating Amiibos to play with it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Super Robot Wars
Devil Survivor
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
Tactics Ogre
Ragnarok Tactics
Bleach: The 3rd Phantom (SURPRISINGLY GOOD, even if you've minimal familiarity with the source material)
Final Fantasy Tactics (Advance, Advance 2, War of the Lions)
Valkyria Chronicles
Advance Wars

Looking at your list of what you have played, I STRONGLY recommend you grab Super Robot Wars Original Generation (1 & 2) on the GBA. They are fantastic.

.....Is this the part where you complement my taste in games?

:4robinf:

Elezir

Speaking of Strategy RPGs... Has anyone here ever heard of the board game Heroscape? I've been thinking of adapating Amiibos to play with it.
I never heard of it, but I just googled it. It would look awesome.:happysheep:

Super Robot Wars
Devil Survivor
Tactics Ogre
Ragnarok Tactics
Bleach: The 3rd Phantom (SURPRISINGLY GOOD, even if you've minimal familiarity with the source material)
Final Fantasy Tactics (Advance, Advance 2, War of the Lions)
Valkyria Chronicles
Advance Wars

Looking at your list of what you have played, I STRONGLY recommend you grab Super Robot Wars Original Generation (1 & 2) on the GBA. They are fantastic.

.....Is this the part where you complement my taste in games?

:4robinf:
I feel like I'm feeding your ego sometimes, but yes Raziek-sama.
You have a good taste in games:awesome:
Now I know which SRPGs I should play next.I didn't know Ragnarok had a strategy game too.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I'll be honest with you. When I googled it the first thing I thought of was Cones of Dunshire from Parks and Rec.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I feel like I'm feeding your ego sometimes, but yes Raziek-sama.
You have a good taste in games:awesome:
Now I know which SRPGs I should play next.I didn't know Ragnarok had a strategy game too.
You have nothing to worry about, this isn't even where I get the MOST ego stroking. (Though Robin boards are probably #2)

@ Antonykun Antonykun knows.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
You have nothing to worry about, this isn't even where I get the MOST ego stroking. (Though Robin boards are probably #2)

@ Antonykun Antonykun knows.
Hmm...I wonder if I have done some Raziek ego stroking lately.

I randomly found myself talking to Emblem Lord earlier this evening who just got 15th in a very stacked 100+ man tournament yesterday. He also says he feels Speed Thunder is Robin's best custom since it allows for a more consistent neutral game. Just thought it was interesting to hear the same thing in the Marth boards as well given our earlier conversation.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I thought Thunder + was considered better because of it's absurd kill power?
Early in the game's life some of us thought that. But honestly, it takes too long to charge and it's hard to land. With Speed Thunder, you get near instant Elthunder, better stage control since projectiles are both faster and travel faster, and it's faster charge means you can still charge up to later stages of thunder like thoron more reliably against both heavy rushdown characters or heavy zoning characters.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Early in the game's life some of us thought that. But honestly, it takes too long to charge and it's hard to land. With Speed Thunder, you get near instant Elthunder, better stage control since projectiles are both faster and travel faster, and it's faster charge means you can still charge up to later stages of thunder like thoron more reliably against both heavy rushdown characters or heavy zoning characters.
Oh, okay then. Thank you! :happysheep:

and on that note, good night! :D

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
See this is what happens when you pass out for six hours. You miss all the fun stuff.

INPO:

I can pinpoint the exact fan art that made me adore Pega Pony Princess as much as Ginger Cynthia:
Oh geez I can see why. That gives me giggles, and I am not a giggly ma that's a lie nevermind.

@ Elezir Elezir , any chance I could request your wallpaper skills here?

oh yeah somehow next week I'm going to go play Pathfinder as a super buff Barbarian MLG OC
...I blame this thread.
I'm imagining a hulk of a man who punches people's heads off with a cry of "BOOM, HEADSHOT" and performs the ceremonial teabagging ritual of his people after every kill.

I'm not one hundred percent sure how we sparked that but I want to see it.

But Blue Robin is blue.

And doesn't make me hungry. :troll:
But when you get a kill with Red Robin, you can incorporate the jingle into your taunt.

Reeeeed Robin. Yummmm.

NO it's Blue.

Blue is the way of good things.

Water=Blue
Water=Good
Blue=Good
...well, can't disagree with that.
You guys all make me sick D:<
I've taken a crack or two at Villager as well and found him odd but enjoyable. My gf even likes Villager; she's not much for Smash as a whole, but she enjoys Animal Crossing, and as a result pink Villager girl is the one character she has fun playing. Pink's her bae.

Also all those standard moves with projectiles make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I decided to do a match to determine who is best Robin. The winner is...

and to prove I didn't rig the match in my favor.
White Mage Robin in last place? That is some heresy right there.

Mother of god what did I miss now
Salt.

To be honest i've never really seen a troll like that on smashboards before. I lurked a lot before I joined so it was disconcerting.. Like it wasn't a funny troll, but a really hateful one. Still, glad to see the mod/admin hammer of justice has no fear of being brought down.
It's a Knee of Justice, really. Net effect is the same, but it's about 40% manlier.

Welcome aboard, by the way. I'm the resident pika refugee/StreetPass, it's a pleasure.

COUGH
Great Lord, Javelin Toss, Heavy armor, high jumps, various skills, a different Aether, a stance-based set switching between sword and lance, use of the Shield of Seals for a shield bash and perhaps a Naga holy fire attack, rushdown focus, and a healing factor with the Exalted Falchion that promotes juggling would have made him perfectly unique.

COUGH
I'm not sure about the fire attack or the healing mechanics - Chrom has struck me in all usage of him as a heavy striker; if he's swatting he isn't getting a hangtime bonus, he's looking to knock a mofo out of the park - but I could get behind the rest. No love for lances or axes has left a kind of void in the representation, it'd be nice to see some of that remedied.
Maybe I'lll even make a wallpaper after this. maybe no good ideas atm.
Psst. Pssssst.

Look uuup.

What other SRPGS did you people play aside Fire Emblem?
Final Fantasy Tactics/Advance, S.T.E.A.M., Tactics Ogre, Shining Force, and, if it counts, Exit Fate.

Most were back in the day though; Awakening and S.T.E.A.M. have been my only strategy games in years. Open to suggestio-

Kartia, Arc The Lad (I, II, III), Eternal Poison, Growlanser, Disgaea (I and II), Makai Kingdom, Stella Deus, Soul Nomad &World Eaters, Bahamut Lagoon, Yggdra Union, Riviera, Ash, Heroes of Mana, Hoshigami, Knights in the Nightmare, SMT: Devil Survivor I&II, Ys Strategy, Laevatein Tactics, Pokémon conquest...
Super Robot Wars
Devil Survivor
Ragnarok Tactics
Valkyria Chronicles
Banner Saga
Well that solves that.

Also @ Elezir Elezir I thought I was the only person in the world who had played Onimusha Tactics. And had completely forgotten it existed. Good on ya.

8-Bit Theater. That's a pretty compelling argument right there.

Deadpool though.

And with that, I'm off for tonight. Gotta rest up for my birthday tomorrow. :p

Rest easy, Robin thread!
It's officially tomorrow. Happy bday.

I've heard of Heroscape but know nothing in particular of it.

I'd like to see what you come up with, though. For a shot at using my Pika as a game piece, I'd learn it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Strategy RPG.
Ya know, games like Fire Emblem.

:awesome:

and I only listed the SPRGs there. yes I have no life.
Oh, well thanks :).

I actually envy you. I wish I could play more games, particular RPGs. I like rpgs, but I have only played 4 in my gamer life and 1 I am yet to complete :(

In Deadpool's case, all he had to do was press "S" :smirk:
Why do I have the feeling that this is an inappropriate reference to the Deadpool video game.....

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh, well thanks :).

I actually envy you. I wish I could play more games, particular RPGs. I like rpgs, but I have only played 4 in my gamer life and 1 I am yet to complete :(

Why do I have the feeling that this is an inappropriate reference to the Deadpool video game.....
Nah nah nah nah m8, its not that.

In Marvel vs Capcom 3, you have 4 attack buttons:
Light, Medium, Heavy and "S" which launches opponents into the air.

When you press "S" as Deadpool, his launcher attack is his own Shoryuken XD :p

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nah nah nah nah m8, its not that.

In Marvel vs Capcom 3, you have 4 attack buttons:
Light, Medium, Heavy and "S" which launches opponents into the air.

When you press "S" as Deadpool, his launcher attack is his own Shoryuken XD :p
Ah, okay. You know, after recently look at deadpool stuff and some SSF things, I really want to get Marvel vs Capcom and play as Deadpool XD. But unfortunately, I can't :(.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Was lurking on and off this thread. Just like the old days...

When I go for a non-stop Robin streak in FG, I tend to cycle through all of his/her alts. That way they don't get their feelings hurt.
Still haven't gotten my PoR cds. :skull:

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Should we call on another troll, then?

:troll:

I've always been a big fan of the advanced wars games. I've also played Xcom: enemy within. I really want to pick up Valkyria Chronicles when it next goes on sale though.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
To you all, if you were in Smash Bros, what kind of a style you'd have in your moves or attacks? Note that you can't tell what moves you'll use, but rather, what playstyle or archetype you'd take.
Probably a heavy character with decent range and slow, strong attacks.

I'd probably be all over Ganondorf if he had Dead Man's Volley.

Aside from Pikachu in 64, I always tended to gravitate towards heavier characters, or at least those that have attacks that pack a punch but aren't exactly the easiest to set up. Which is why I love Wolf over Fox and Falco, Snake, Ike and Charizard.

This isn't fair. Are German fans less greedy? Less plentiful? Have the scalpers been unable to reach there?
I guess the demand over here is more what they imagined it to be all over the world.
Isn't it just a shame?

Don't get me wrong, I love :4robinm: for sure... but overall I think the majority of fans prefer :4robinf:. I think almost anyone could have predicted this, and I wish Sakurai had made her the default to please the greatest number of people. Plus it can't hurt to make amiibos for both gender of Robin; people WILL buy them.
Maybe.
Just MAAAYBE.
They plan on closing out the Smash Bros line with a wave of alts.
I wouldn't put any money on it, but a little hope has never hurt anyone.
Recent Mewtwo news got me thinking: Mewtwo and Robin would make for a poetic, meeting of the minds duo, no?
A poetic, flinging each other around with telekinesis duo. Yes. Such grace.

Default :4robinm: is the way to go.
Exactly.
Because there is no blonde male option.
I don't see why palette conversations would go out of control though. Unless it's like Lucina fans fighting over whether Cordelia or Cherche are better.

Not a dig at the Lucina fans/Boards btw.

(default Lucina is best)
Well, Lucina does have some really neat colours.
I really like Sully!Lucina. The way they used the colours it looks like she's wearing a tabard.

Though I think for me Tiki!Lucina will always win. Not only because it's Tiki, and Tiki is awesome, but also because it looks so much like Terra from FF VI.

Shining Force 1, 2, CD, Gaiden 3, FFTactics: War of the Lions, Realms of Arcania/The Dark Eye: Blackguards, Valkyria Chronicles, Banner Saga, X-Com: Enemy Within. Probably some more that I don't remember off the top of my head that would be worth noting, too.

And with that, I'm off for tonight. Gotta rest up for my birthday tomorrow. :p

Rest easy, Robin thread!
Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Good morning everyone!

@ Drakonis Drakonis : Sully!Lucina? Lucina doesn't have a sully palette, just Cherche, Tiki, Nowi, Lissa, Sumia, Cordelia and Tharja. Did you mean her cherche/cordelia palette? those are the only ones with red so....

Happy birthday to you @Opossum!

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well this is the first time in quite a while that I bothered to read a few missed pages after returning to a thread.

Though I am a rouge, I always have a reason to come back to this place because of all you great people.

Thanks for being awesome.

And happy birthday @Opossum!

Top Bottom