• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guys.

Come on.

Let's attend to the more pressing matter.

Agreeing that all of Robin's colors are great.

Have some smilies. :cheep:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Hello Everyone! I just joined a little bit ago and decided to drop by since I'm a big Robin fan and use her a little bit. Nice to meet you all!
It's a pleasure to meet you too, SpiralGalaxies SpiralGalaxies . You are most welcome here, my fellow tactician and I truly hope you enjoy your stay. Know that you are amongst allies, friends, brothers, sisters, and tacticians who all have invisible ties with one another. Our bonds are stronger now that you are here and for that, you have my thanks. ^w^

And you know the thread's interesting when they hang around after :)
Well I think to think the Robin Social Thread is home to some of the most incredible human beings ever to grace Smashboards. But I'm rather bias to say the least. :awesome: Anyways, thanks for taking care of that rather unfortunate situation. It's nice to see the admins and various mods around Smashboards having our back. Again, my deepest thanks to all the admins and mods for aiding us and for overviewing the situation carefully, making sure things didn't get too out of hand.

Now then, let me weigh in on this great debate over the best colours for Robin. I personally prefer the el-natural Robin colours but if I had to choose alternate colours, I definitely like Pink, Green, Red, Blue and White Mage Robin. :3 Not a fan of yellow Robin personally but to each they're own, of course. ^_^ Overall though, almost all the colours are pretty fantastic so it's difficult to say one is superior over another.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Aww, Thank you @ S Syrek !

Still on the topic of Robin costumes, I've never really tried her other colours. Default just looks the best to me.
You most certainly came at an interesting time. I guarantee you that this situation is an extreme anomaly. Having said that, it was good for you to see this to a degree since you now see that when something like this does happen, you will have people to support you. It was good for me too actually since I am a relatively new user also.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
You most certainly came at an interesting time. I guarantee you that this situation is an extreme anomaly. Having said that, it was good for you to see this to a degree since you now see that when something like this does happen, you will have people to support you. It was good for me to actually since I am a relatively new user also.
To be honest i've never really seen a troll like that on smashboards before. I lurked a lot before I joined so it was disconcerting.. Like it wasn't a funny troll, but a really hateful one. Still, glad to see the mod/admin hammer of justice has no fear of being brought down.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Yeah, defy those pink haters! :088:
Lol, oh wow! XD Thanks for pointing that out. I always seem to have trouble with that one word unfortunately. Tis the bane of my grammar it would seem. :p But I do defy any pink haters out there cause pink is an awesome colour, even on Robin. :kirby::4robinf:

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. Robin social is peaceful 99.99% of the time. Even before s/he was confirmed, we rarely had mean folks like that. We had doubtful people, this much is true... bit scarcely hatred.

Takes a certain kind of person I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Although I came here for the wrong reasons, this looks like a fun place. Maybe I'll try to visit here regularly. :p

:231:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah. Robin social is peaceful 99.99% of the time. Even before s/he was confirmed, we rarely had mean folks like that. We had doubtful people, this much is true... but scarcely hatred.

Takes a certain kind of person I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Actually, I do believe that the Robin hate seen in this thread, both before and now, came almost exclusively from one individual.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Robins are like skittles. They are all delicious and come in various colors.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, I do believe that the Robin hate seen in this thread, both before and now, came almost exclusively from one individual.
Funny enough, the same individual also terrorized the Chrom thread.

Hey look, something that Robin and Chrom supports had in common! :p

Hong

The Strongest
Nah. We had a few people who hated us for liking Robin. Names escape me, but for the most part they left after I had infracted them. It was only Soul Blazer that persisted, though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't think I've ever seen such a long-lasting, controlled and peaceful discussion over palette swaps before. :laugh:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I don't see why palette conversations would go out of control though. Unless it's like Lucina fans fighting over whether Cordelia or Cherche are better.

Not a dig at the Lucina fans/Boards btw.

(default Lucina is best)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Nah. We had a few people who hated us for liking Robin. Names escape me, but for the most part they left after I had infracted them. It was only Soul Blazer that persisted, though.
Can't seem to remember that many Robin haters actually coming into this thread (apart from Soul Blazer), for some reason.

Of course, there were certainly a lot of Robin haters outside of this thread, but that's a different matter.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The one person who was salty about Chrom not getting in? Even though he wouldn't have done anything unlike the characters we had already?

Hong

The Strongest
Can't seem to remember that many Robin haters actually coming into this thread (apart from Soul Blazer), for some reason.

Of course, there were certainly a lot of Robin haters outside of this thread, but that's a different matter.
We had that guy with the Ike avatar... Mario Master? Ike Master 128? Something or another was alllllll over us for a while.:054:

You know how it is.

Hater: Robin is a stupid, boring, generic character and has no chance of appearing in Smash Bros.
Us: Yeah, okay, but here are some objective facts about why there is still a high probability.
Hater: Wow you losers are delusional.

etc, etc.:109:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I don't think I've ever seen such a long-lasting, controlled and peaceful discussion over palette swaps before. :laugh:
If there's one thing us tacticians can agree on, it's that a Robin Rainbow is ball'n. :colorful: We may have our preferences, but the colours of the Robin's are quite sublime, despite our personal favourites.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We had that guy with the Ike avatar... Mario Master? Ike Master 128? Something or another was alllllll over us for a while.:054:

You know how it is.

Hater: Robin is a stupid, boring, generic character and has no chance of appearing in Smash Bros.
Us: Yeah, okay, but here are some objective facts about why there is still a high probability.
Hater: Wow you losers are delusional.

etc, etc.:109:
Ah, yes, the good old days when our logical arguments and observations were rejected in favor of the leak of prophecy, leaving us as nothing more than fools in denial deserving of ridicule...

Good times, good times... :awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
Well Chrom could be an Ike clone!

Marth would be glad to take a break from the cloning machine.
But he's the hero king himself!

It's kind of funny because the Falchion in Awakening was used like Ike uses the Ragnell in Radiatn dawn, but it's shorter and used more like Marth would in Smash Bros. I love Lucina and Chrom and all, but I think we'd have benefited from an alternative to Ike, simply because of how extreme his attributes are.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually, iirc Blazer was actually happy that Robin was chosen over Chrom. God knows what changed in past few months.

Regarding colour swaps, I prefer vanilla female Robin. :4robinf:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Logic flies out the window when you try and reason with a guy who calls the entire FE:A community a pet peeve of his. :p

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
But he's the hero king himself!

It's kind of funny because the Falchion in Awakening was used like Ike uses the Ragnell in Radiatn dawn, but it's shorter and used more like Marth would in Smash Bros. I love Lucina and Chrom and all, but I think we'd have benefited from an alternative to Ike, simply because of how extreme his attributes are.
An Ike clone would be the "Faster/Weaker" archetype though and that scares me.

Can you imagine Ike if he was fast. That's horrifying.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Actually, iirc Blazer was actually happy that Robin was chosen over Chrom. God knows what changed in past few months.

Regarding colour swaps, I prefer vanilla female Robin. :4robinf:

I think his issue with Chrom was that he had absolutely nothing new to offer as a fighter.

But he apparently hates Robin more due to his/her horrendous gimmick and embodying everything he despises in a character.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Also with all these unfamiliar folk coming here, I literally forgot @ Opossum Opossum was even a moderator for this forum. Haven't seen him here in ages.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
COUGH
Great Lord, Javelin Toss, Heavy armor, high jumps, various skills, a different Aether, a stance-based set switching between sword and lance, use of the Shield of Seals for a shield bash and perhaps a Naga holy fire attack, rushdown focus, and a healing factor with the Exalted Falchion that promotes juggling would have made him perfectly unique.

COUGH

Hong

The Strongest
An Ike clone would be the "Faster/Weaker" archetype though and that scares me.

Can you imagine Ike if he was fast. That's horrifying.
Well, speed is not that simple. There's attack speed, attack reach, attack range (different from reach), walking speed, running speed, jumping speed, gravity, etc. Ike is "fast" in PM and Bowser is pretty fast in Smash 4, yet they are also stiff and slow in other ways.

Top Bottom