• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
COUGH
Great Lord, Javelin Toss, Heavy armor, high jumps, various skills, a different Aether, a stance-based set switching between sword and lance, use of the Shield of Seals for a shield bash and perhaps a Naga holy fire attack, rushdown focus, and a healing factor with the Exalted Falchion that promotes juggling would have made him perfectly unique.

COUGH
Did Ridley cough and try to talk at the same time just now? :p

sorry

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
COUGH
Great Lord, Javelin Toss, Heavy armor, high jumps, various skills, a different Aether, a stance-based set switching between sword and lance, use of the Shield of Seals for a shield bash and perhaps a Naga holy fire attack, rushdown focus, and a healing factor with the Exalted Falchion that promotes juggling would have made him perfectly unique.

COUGH
Or Lucina:awesome:. But no seriously, sounds good to me.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Well, speed is not that simple. There's attack speed, attack reach, attack range (different from reach), walking speed, running speed, jumping speed, gravity, etc. Ike is "fast" in PM and Bowser is pretty fast in Smash 4, yet they are also stiff and slow in other ways.
I guess that's true. I'm imagining current Ike with fast attacking speeds and I shiver. Though an Ike CLONE wouldn't really be like that.

Unless it was the Black Knight. Black Knight for 5mash.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Isn't it just a shame?

Don't get me wrong, I love :4robinm: for sure... but overall I think the majority of fans prefer :4robinf:. I think almost anyone could have predicted this, and I wish Sakurai had made her the default to please the greatest number of people. Plus it can't hurt to make amiibos for both gender of Robin; people WILL buy them.
Honestly they're on the same ground for me, but for some reason a lot of people, specially males from what i've seen, prefer the female version of wichever character if they have the option. I can relate to this somewhat if i think the female version has more charm, for example, i like :4wiifit: way more than :4wiifitm:, but on the other hand i prefer :4villager: to :4villagerf:. :4robinm: and :4robinf: are really of even ground for me though, love them both Embarrass

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I guess that's true. I'm imagining current Ike with fast attacking speeds and I shiver. Though an Ike CLONE wouldn't really be like that.

Unless it was the Black Knight. Black Knight for 5mash.
But the Black Knight only has one arm! How's he supposed to fight with that?

Oh right, it's just a scratch.

Black Knight for Smash, then. :cheep:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
:sadsheep:
Why? Why do I always miss the nice stuff, like mods and admins being awesome together in this awesome thread to purge a troll?
like a color pallete discussion in which I'd have favored default/green :4robinm:? Or like the :4robinm::4robinf:x:4shulk: ship discussion?

Honestly, it's not like the guy bothered me. It was an obvous fail troll attempt, and there's always going to exist a hater like that for utterly everything, even for fictional characters. Internet is full of these displeasures.
Anonymity can be a truly scary thing sometimes. I really doubt he would do that if he was face to face with us.
Seeing this bunch of Admins and Mods here just to banish the guy, though, was a truly awesome sight to behold. :awesome:
You guys are amazing, thanks:happysheep:

Maybe I'lll even make a wallpaper after this. maybe no good ideas atm.

COUGH

COUGH
Even though I think this could be applied to Lucina as well, and I would probably only perceive him as another blue haired sword people if I hadn't played FE:A That would be a nice idea.
Even if Chrom isn't in Smash, though, he's still a pretty nice and adorkable guy and I like him a lot. Robin's winning screen with him is the best winning screen.:roll:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:sadsheep:
Why? Why do I always miss the nice stuff, like mods and admins being awesome together in this awesome thread to purge a troll?
like a color pallete discussion in which I'd have favored default/green :4robinm:? Or like the :4robinm::4robinf:x:4shulk: ship discussion?

Honestly, it's not like the guy bothered me. It was an obvously fail troll attempt, and there's always going to exist a hater like for utterly everything, even for fictional characters. Internet is full of these displeasures.
Anonymity can be a truly scary thing sometimes. I really doubt he would do that if he was face to face with us.
Seeing this bunch of Admins and Mods here just to banish the guy, though, was a truly awesome sight to behold. :awesome:
You guys are amazing, thanks:happysheep:

Maybe I'lll even make a wallpaper after this. maybe no good ideas atm.

Even though I think this could be applied to Lucina as well, and I would probably only perceive him as another blue haired sword people if I hadn't played FE:A That would be a nice idea.
Even if Chrom isn't in Smash, though, he's still a pretty nice and adorkable guy and I like him a lot. Robin's winning screen with him is the best winning screen.:roll:
It's literally the only win screen I use.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Oh man, mods and legends congregating on the Robin thread??!!! And i missed it????!!! As well as Soul Blazer's persistence???!!!!!!! :urg::urg::urg:
I'm done with homework, gonna be lurking this thread forever from now on :idea:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Honestly they're on the same ground for me, but for some reason a lot of people, specially males from what i've seen, prefer the female version of wichever character if they have the option. I can relate to this somewhat if i think the female version has more charm, for example, i like :4wiifit: way more than :4wiifitm:, but on the other hand i prefer :4villager: to :4villagerf:. :4robinm: and :4robinf: are really of even ground for me though, love them both Embarrass
I'm of the same mindset myself actually when it comes to Robin. I like to think of them this way. :4robinm:is the nerdy, bookworm, intellectual. who is thoughtful as well as a gentleman, much like myself. :4robinf:on the other hand is sassy, mischievous, strong willed, doesn't take crap from anyone, no nonsense kind of gal, deeply intelligent and has a good sense of humour. Each Robin compliments the other rather well in my personal opinion and they both are extremely likeable, regardless of they're differences. I like :4robinm:because of how much he reminds me of myself and I like :4robinf: because of how many attractive qualities she has as both a woman and a human being. She's very much a perfect match for :4robinm: and vice versa due to them complimenting each other so well. Shipping aside, I equally enjoy and like both Robin's because they resonate with me in regards to myself and the kind of woman I'd love to date. <3

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And with that, I'm off for tonight. Gotta rest up for my birthday tomorrow. :p

Rest easy, Robin thread!

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP

Rest easy, Robin thread!
Good night and I hope you have a swell day tomorrow. Thanks again for the support!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
There's only one pairing for Young Link:
No discussion.
2 things against this statement

1) You've got the wrong Link. I posted a picture of Toon Link, not Young Link

2) While Saria is awesome, I don't really she Link and her getting on. As a Young Link connoisseur, I can say the best match up for Young Link is either Zelda (depending on a few things) or Malon

Morning all. Have an INPO one hour in the making:

So I stuffed myself with dumplings and blocked forts with my ***. Sounds legit to me.

I would consider making the Master Knight an event. Round up the units that would be outright murdered and give them a percentage chance to escape. 50/50, we'll say. All victims get one line to describe how they dodged or fell.

Alternatively, it could be a game limiter. Ensure it doesn't generate before turn 10 or so. Then if the game runs long, this can end it. Or just run it very rarely to begin with.

Be merciful, he only sought to please you.

I trained my Falcon son by cutting to 1/4 speed and feeding him kneecaps until he grew big and strong.

Like you and @ Moydow Moydow though I could never quite get him to learn the joy of showing his moves. I think high-level amiibo might get that trait worked out of them over time. Mine seemed to stop taunting except for rarely between level 25-35 or so, no matter how much I tried to train them otherwise.

Makes sense, I mean, it doesn't usually kill anyone. Usually. Except for Weegee.

Someone say Deadpool?

View attachment 43744
OH MY GAWDS! SPIDERMA_

I mean Deadpool!

s***

And so Unknown Hero embraces his destiny as a Shipping Lord.

For the record I can totally see that one.
No, not really. I just saw the picture and thought that they'd make a cute couple and as hang around here and being a fellow tactician myself, I guess I have gotten some of the shipping lordness sprinkled on to me. But I am not yet ready to embrace it ;)

Actually, youngling, you should reconsider. Making your point via a joke can be viable at times, but when talking about something that makes you actually uncomfortable, joking about it will undermine your argument, as it will appear as if you only talked about it in jest.
Adding a small "seriously, though..." like you did a few posts later should suffice in getting the point across.

And yes, Shoryukens are awesome.
Yeah, yeah I know. I should remember to do that in the future. Thouhg thanks for the advice Drakonis :).

Yeah Shoryukens are awesome XD

SHORYUKEN!!!!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Rest easy, Robin thread!
It might be early, but nevertheless...

Happy Birthday, dude:

Speaking of Robin and Amiibos, anyone here play Heroscape?

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Rest easy, Robin thread!
Goodnight and farewell for now. It was nice to meet you, sir moderator. :3 Oh, and Happy Early Birthday! ^o^ May your day not be spoiled by trolls or jerk wads of any kind. ^w^ Thanks for everything once more. :)

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
2) While Saria is awesome, I don't really she Link and her getting on. As a Young Link connoisseur, I can say the best match up for Young Link is either Zelda (depending on a few things) or Malon
True. I think Link and Saria are way too close as friends to actually even see the ability to take it to the next level.

So @ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf , were recent discussions the change of pace you were looking for?:troll:
Yes. :bluejump:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Should we call on another troll, then?

:troll:

Well, there's something I've been meaning to ask: What other SRPGS did you people play aside Fire Emblem?
I played a few but my personal favorites are Final Fantasy Tactics and Valkyria Chronicles. I ironically, however, have never bothered with their sequels.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
True. I think Link and Saria are way too close as friends to actually even see the ability to take it to the next level.
Plus wouldn't it look kind of weird seeing a 10 year old dating a 50 year Hylian?

You know, I know a couple a of expert Trolls on smash boards that you might like to meet. Maybe :p

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies

Well, there's something I've been meaning to ask: What other SRPGS did you people play aside Fire Emblem?
The only one i've played was Devil Survivor 2. It's a pretty good game.

I've heard it described as Evangelion meets Shin Megami Tensei if your an anime fan.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist

Hmmmm, besides Fire Emblem, I've recently gotten interested in Advanced Wars thanks to the Wii U VC. I've also played Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions but I never finished it for some odd reason. Might have to rectify that rather soon, but my backlog is rather full at the moment sadly. I've also played Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 2, enjoying them both thoroughly. Not sure if Codename S.T.E.A.M. counts but I'm currently playing it and loving the comic book style, humour and solid gameplay.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I've only played Valkyria Chronicles, Pokémon Conquest, SMT: Devil Survivor, and I still have STEAM, Final Fantasy Tactics, XCOM, and Disgaea IV in my backlog.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

That guy wasn't a troll. He was a straight up Grade SS 4chan Qualified and Approved Asshole. Straight from the unwiped asshole of the unwiped asshole of the internet: /b/.

We troll and snark each other all the time (I point to a post of mine a few pages back when everyone was talking about shipping and I posted the ultimate sci-fi nerd's guide to spaceship sizes. That was good, fun, trolling.

This guy? No. He was Joffrey Baratheon incarnate.

And my last words to the guy?

go bsck 2 4chan nub
Don't let the door hitcha where the lord splitcha. Actually, please do, and let me install a 6 inch spike on the door as well.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I am sitting here reading stuff like this
That guy wasn't a troll. He was a straight up Grade SS 4chan Qualified and Approved *******. Straight from the unwiped ******* of the unwiped ******* of the internet: /b/.

We troll and snark each other all the time (I point to a post of mine a few pages back when everyone was talking about shipping and I posted the ultimate sci-fi nerd's guide to spaceship sizes. That was good, fun, trolling.

go bsck 2 4chan nub
Don't let the door hitcha where the lord splitcha. Actually, please do, and let me install a 6 inch spike on the door as well.
and all I can think of is SHORYUKEN!!! I really don't know why though :/

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
That guy wasn't a troll. He was a straight up Grade SS 4chan Qualified and Approved *******. Straight from the unwiped ******* of the unwiped ******* of the internet: /b/.

go bsck 2 4chan nub
Leeet's not get carried away with our imagination. Though your concern for this community is well appreciated.

Edit: Spoiler much?

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Leeet's not get carried away with our imagination. Though your concern for this community is well appreciated.

Edit: Spoiler much?
Fixed.
I am sitting here reading stuff like this

and all I can think of is SHORYUKEN!!! I really don't know why though :/
Maybe because you want to Shoryuken me or the guy I'm talking about???

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What other SRPGS did you people play aside Fire Emblem?
I tried Advance Wars, but couldn't get into it as much as I did FE. Likewise for Nobunaga's Ambition. I love Pokémon Conquest though (even if it is missing most of my favourite Pokémon).

Last edited:
Top Bottom