• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
To you all, if you were in Smash Bros, what kind of a style you'd have in your moves or attacks?
I'd run like Mii Gunner, except I wouldn't blow.
I would however run the ever-snazzy Shy Guy/Tux combo, in red. I love that outfit so very, very much.

Something with hustle, mobility, a good projectile, and decent strike range would be nice. I'd probably trade it off with a mid-high kill percentage and wonky recovery.

Get in, get out, keep them at bay, and kill when it's time. Sounds familiar, don't it?

If anyone should be blamed for Soul Blazer's response, it should be me. I mean, I knew he didn't like this thread or the character, but I underestimated his distaste. Instead of bashing his response, bash me for dragging him in like that.
I have to disagree on the same grounds as @Raziek and @Weeman. A person can dislike something and be civil and respectful about it.

If he wants to put us on blast that's his prerogative, but the consequences of being an asshat are on him too.

Hasn't even been a member here for two months and I already have someone on my ignore list.

That's a bad omen if I ever saw one...

*Sigh*
Nah homie. Get enough people together in one place and you'll end up with at least one offensive person. It's statistics.

99% of us are chill all across the boards. Trust me, I poke around.

Great Cave Offensive is a blast.
I see what you did there.

Speaking of amiibo, I just got Mega Man in the mail. I ordered him on Monday and was expected to arrive next Tuesday. Instead, I get him today.
I think they're just overestimating delivery times because strikes and amiibo fever.

Mine actually arrived about a month before they said it would.
Still haven't unboxed him. Bah.

There was a Link for a while, but it was exchanged for Rosalina.
Link for Rosalina?

**** this ****, I'm moving to Ireland.

Even as someone who prefers Gaius/Sumia to Chrom/Sumia, Pega Pony Princess is still the best Cynthia. Heck, the blue hair matches her outfit!
Def.

Now I'm torn, though, because...well, redhead.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Link for Rosalina?

When my brother worked in Argos, he'd keep a running tally of what amiibo they had in stock. He contemplated snatching a Marth shortly after they skyrocketed in price, since the demand hadn't quite reached our shores yet, but he managed to get one online. The look on his face when it arrived was priceless.

He did have to preorder Rosalina as well, though. amiibo don't last any longer here than they do elsewhere, there's just less demand for them.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
When my brother worked in Argos, he'd keep a running tally of what amiibo they had in stock. He contemplated snatching a Marth shortly after they skyrocketed in price, since the demand hadn't quite reached our shores yet, but he managed to get one online. The look on his face when it arrived was priceless.

He did have to preorder Rosalina as well, though. amiibo don't last any longer here than they do elsewhere, there's just less demand for them.
Oh I realize this, I've just always wanted to go to Ireland.

Any excuse works, really.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Whereabouts did you try? I popped into Gamestop and they took the preorders, no questions asked. Just a ten euro deposit and I was right to go.
I tried Gamestop, but they had none left. Doesn't help when they only order 2 of each of the rarer ones, and instead order in 50 more Links and Yoshis that no one ever buys. I haven't tried actually going to Smyth's, but their website at least doesn't have an option to pre-order, and as far as I know Argos don't do pre-orders.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'd run like Mii Gunner, except I wouldn't blow.
I would however run the ever-snazzy Shy Guy/Tux combo, in red. I love that outfit so very, very much.

Something with hustle, mobility, a good projectile, and decent strike range would be nice. I'd probably trade it off with a mid-high kill percentage and wonky recovery.

Get in, get out, keep them at bay, and kill when it's time. Sounds familiar, don't it?

I have to disagree on the same grounds as @Raziek and @Weeman. A person can dislike something and be civil and respectful about it.

If he wants to put us on blast that's his prerogative, but the consequences of being an ****** are on him too.

Nah homie. Get enough people together in one place and you'll end up with at least one offensive person. It's statistics.

99% of us are chill all across the boards. Trust me, I poke around.

I see what you did there.

I think they're just overestimating delivery times because strikes and amiibo fever.

Mine actually arrived about a month before they said it would.
Still haven't unboxed him. Bah.

Link for Rosalina?

Def.

Now I'm torn, though, because...well, redhead.
...I swear the pun was unintentional.

And Gaius!Cynthia is cute. I've heard some people say that the orange clashes too much with her outfit, but I think it just goes so well with her bubbly personality. Pega Pony Princess is also awesome though, especially with how Lucina practically acts like Cynthia's sister even when they aren't related in the Harvest Scramble.

Too many fun pairing options in FE:A.:4duckhunt:
I gave up on amiibos forever ago...
The only Amiibos I will go out of my way for are Ness and Robin, at least out of the planned ones. After that, I'm done with the Amiibo mess outside of a couple of common ones I might want like Peach or Kirby.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only Amiibos I will go out of my way for are Ness and Robin, at least out of the planned ones. After that, I'm done with the Amiibo mess outside of a couple of common ones I might want like Peach or Kirby.
I was going to do the same for Lucario and Lucina, but both of those are seemingly never going to happen for me, so I just give up.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I figured running away and playing defensively won't work against her which is why I tried to play more agressive and smack her with Nair and tilts if she gets too close. I also already accepted the fact that she will probably outdamage me by mile a long time ago. I didn't do enough Jabs, however.

I just watched the first match and omg that Elwind spike (or near spike). You also space your aerials so well I could really learn from that. I am not spacing nearly as good.

Edit: That ending was just epic. So intense.
I agree, the ending was quite riveting. @Raziek single-handedly advancing the custom Robin metagame. No, seriously, I haven't seen anyone else use custom Robin in competitive play yet.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
At first I didn't really like the concept of amiibos but after a while I opened up to the idea. It's a shame they can be so hard to get though.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Don't you ****ing drag me into whatever sick fantasies you're having. Also don't drag me into this atrocious thread again. I can't stand this god awful character, nor the Fire Emblem: Awakening fans that turned the Fire Emblem franchise into some sick joke.

Not only was your response uncalled for on multiple levels, but you choose to respond childishly by attacking an entire fan base and the members of this social thread. How uncivilized. Despite your great disdain for those who enjoy FE: A and Robin as a character, this character and the game that gave new life to the FE franchise, will continue to flourish in popularity and I can assure you, we will stay classy even if we are insulted and spat upon.
After all, a good tactician has nothing to fear. :4robinf: Prepare to be ignored and forgotten.

Hasn't even been a member here for two months and I already have someone on my ignore list.

That's a bad omen if I ever saw one...

*Sigh*
Unfortunately, I doubt this will be the last time you will have to put someone on your ignore list. No matter where you are on the internet, there is always those who like to insult behind the safety of anonymity and choose to use harsh words to get they're point across. It's rather uncouth if you ask me.

If anyone should be blamed for Soul Blazer's response, it should be me. I mean, I knew he didn't like this thread or the character, but I underestimated his distaste. Instead of bashing his response, bash me for dragging him in like that.
Like Raziek, I understand your desire to defuse the situation without causing more contention, but there was no need to respond the way he did. He must know that saying such things will the amount of malice he did has it's consequences and is unacceptable behaviour on Smashboards. I applaud what you are trying to do but do not blame yourself for merely joking around. You did not deserve the reaction you got and I won't stand by and let someone insult my friends, or the preference in games/characters that they enjoy.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Meanwhile I live here with decent amounts of Rosalina, Bowser, and Diddy Amiibos. And we don't deal with Shulk exclusivity crap.

:cheep:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

This isn't fair. Are German fans less greedy? Less plentiful? Have the scalpers been unable to reach there?
I was always suprised how everyone says Amiibos are so hard to get when I see like a bunch still unsold Amiibos in the next shop and my brother always manages to get one. Either Germany is not that fond of Amiibos or it has like a secret hideout full of them.

U mad US?:troll:

I don't care about Amiibos that much though.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
...I swear the pun was unintentional.

And Gaius!Cynthia is cute. I've heard some people say that the orange clashes too much with her outfit, but I think it just goes so well with her bubbly personality. Pega Pony Princess is also awesome though, especially with how Lucina practically acts like Cynthia's sister even when they aren't related in the Harvest Scramble.

Too many fun pairing options in FE:A.:4duckhunt:

I will never, ever believe that. Mostly because I think it's good work.

And I've still got to give the nod to Pega-Pony Princess, because of stuff like this:

• Cynthia: This place is a mess! I really should straighten up more...often... Is that a... AAAAAAAAAUGH!
  • Lucina: Gods, I've never seen Cynthia run so fast! Are we under attack?! Cynthia! What happened back there? ...Are you all right?!
  • Cynthia: L-Lucinaaa!
  • Lucina: Breathe, Cynthia. Calm down and tell me what happened. You have nothing to fear now that I'm here.
  • Cynthia: B-b-bug! A bug!
  • Lucina: ...A bug? ...As in...an insect?
  • Cynthia: As in a huge, freakish nightmare, with gross, hairy legs... It's HORRIBLE!
  • Lucina: You're telling me all of your screaming and flailing was over an INSECT? *sigh* I thought the Risen had come. You could have sent the camp into a panic.
  • Cynthia: AAAAAH! It's back! And it can fly?! S-stay away! Don't come near meee!
  • Lucina: Come now, I don't see what all the fuss I— EEEEEEK!

Adorbs.

Also you should pick up a Pika. I think everyone should have a Pika, due to availability and blatant bias.

U mad US?:troll:
Yes.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Thank you to those who spoke up about the earlier negativity in the thread. At some point it's indeed not worth throwing myself before a bus for people who jaywalk during rush hour traffic.

D

Deleted member

I don't care for platformers, and even I love Kirby.
How can you even hate Kirby? OK, besides being too easy, but whatever.
I love the Kirby games for their simplicity, unique level design, copy abilities, and even difficulty. I don't mind a challenging game like Donkey Kong Country every once in a while, but I also like to kick back and play relaxing games from Kirby.
I also love Kirby! He's my 3rd favorite video game character, right behind Shulk at 2nd and Luigi in 1st. How can you hate this adorable puffball?

Meanwhile in Germany.
Anyone in Germany want to buy me a Captain Falcon? Please?

Hong

The Strongest
Isn't it just a shame?

Don't get me wrong, I love :4robinm: for sure... but overall I think the majority of fans prefer :4robinf:. I think almost anyone could have predicted this, and I wish Sakurai had made her the default to please the greatest number of people. Plus it can't hurt to make amiibos for both gender of Robin; people WILL buy them.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Dear fellow Tacticians,

Today marks a wonderful day for not only us, but our long and exciting road of speculation. If you are like myself, you have supported the idea of Robin for Smash Bros from the moment you played Awakening. Others, may have joined along the way, and this thread convinced you to give her a chance. Just the same, many of you supported Robin even though you have not played Awakening for a moment. United were we in that we wanted a better Smash Bros. Maybe you just knew a Fire Emblem character would come, but you didn't want another blue-haired swordsman. Maybe you just enjoy Robin's design and the prospect of her in Smash Bros irregardless to the existing roster. Or maybe you just like Robin.

To the tireless supporters of Robin, I thank you for standing by my side, whether you've been with me for a year or just recently took solace in our ranks. I have made many friends in this thread... one of them I now talk to outside of SmashBoards every day and our bond continues to grow. You put logic and love for the character before all else. You wouldn't let the words of a proven fraud to dissuade you from the character you loved and believed in.

You remembered that Smash Bros is a game. Not just a game, but made by one of the veterans in the industry, who would go against all logic to include Chrom as a character, no matter what anyone told you. Of course he makes silly decisions all the time, but you were willing to give him just a little more credit. There are dozens of characters I could have asked for for Smash Bros and would vouch for them any day of the week, but it was only the Robin thread that I would frequent as often as I did, knowing I could find comfort in a community that would speak rationale and reason. How strong your will has been to give Robin a chance and stick through all the dark times.

Well, I have no words for you. Instead, our beloved will be speaking on my behalf:

Whether you have been supporting Robin for even longer than I have, or you just like the idea of Robin now that you have seen her, or perhaps you are just here because you didn't want to think the Gematsu leak was everything and now you are here to read the thread to celebrate knowing speculation is still alive, all of you are welcome. Similarly, if you had once considered Robin supporters as delusional, forced, in denial, or any of those, but you have been willing to come here and own up to your words, I'll hold you to heart as well as anyone.

But to anyone who would outright attack Robin supporters, flame us, troll us, and people who will still give us leery eyes:

You'll get no sympathy from me.

Love,

Hong

Your fellow tacticians were simply doing what you would have done @ Hong Hong . My proof is in the words highlighted and italicized above (took me a while to dig up this post). For those who joined the Robin boards sometime after Robin was announced this is a good read.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Isn't it just a shame?

Don't get me wrong, I love :4robinm: for sure... but overall I think the majority of fans prefer :4robinf:. I think almost anyone could have predicted this, and I wish Sakurai had made her the default to please the greatest number of people. Plus it can't hurt to make amiibos for both gender of Robin; people WILL buy them.
:4robinm: would become a little too overshadowed by that regard, so maybe it's some offsetting, I think. But I'd like some evening out as well.

Shaymikyu

I will never, ever believe that. Mostly because I think it's good work.

And I've still got to give the nod to Pega-Pony Princess, because of stuff like this:

• Cynthia: This place is a mess! I really should straighten up more...often... Is that a... AAAAAAAAAUGH!
  • Lucina: Gods, I've never seen Cynthia run so fast! Are we under attack?! Cynthia! What happened back there? ...Are you all right?!
  • Cynthia: L-Lucinaaa!
  • Lucina: Breathe, Cynthia. Calm down and tell me what happened. You have nothing to fear now that I'm here.
  • Cynthia: B-b-bug! A bug!
  • Lucina: ...A bug? ...As in...an insect?
  • Cynthia: As in a huge, freakish nightmare, with gross, hairy legs... It's HORRIBLE!
  • Lucina: You're telling me all of your screaming and flailing was over an INSECT? *sigh* I thought the Risen had come. You could have sent the camp into a panic.
  • Cynthia: AAAAAH! It's back! And it can fly?! S-stay away! Don't come near meee!
  • Lucina: Come now, I don't see what all the fuss I— EEEEEEK!

Adorbs.

Also you should pick up a Pika. I think everyone should have a Pika, due to availability and blatant bias.

Yes.
I can pinpoint the exact fan art that made me adore Pega Pony Princess as much as Ginger Cynthia:

Speaking of Amiibo's......... :4robinf:

I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!!!!! :happysheep: <3 <3 <3

Too bad it's only fan made........ ;_; http://www.deviantart.com/art/Female-Robin-Amiibo-finished-521107058
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Isn't it just a shame?

A great shame indeed and a missed opportunity. :4robinf: has become the popular choice for choosing which Robin to play as. Even myself, a devote :4robinm:player, would rather see a :4robinf: Amiibo than a :4robinm:Amiibo. But then again, I just want them both really. :3

Shaymikyu

A great shame indeed and a missed opportunity. :4robinf: has become the popular choice for choosing which Robin to play as. Even myself, a devote :4robinm:player, would rather see a :4robinf: Amiibo than a :4robinm:Amiibo. But then again, I just want them both really. :3
Basically that last sentence. :4robinm: is growing on me a lot lately (mainly for his voice and general likability), but I still want :4robinf: represented. It'd be cool if they made some special alt Amiibos for things like Alph or :4wiifitm:.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Anyone in Germany want to buy me a Captain Falcon? Please?
Sure thing dude. I will swim across the North Atlantic Ocean, go through mountains, fight off wild animals and deliver it to you. Because I am the postman.

I can pinpoint the exact fan art that made me adore Pega Pony Princess as much as Ginger Cynthia:

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.
That pic is really cute.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I gotta learn how to be as awesome as you are...

Also, in regards to the asshole on the other page, Mods (@ Hong Hong @Raziek etc.), please don't force him to come back here and make an apology. Warn him, ban him, do whatever to him, but don't force an apology out of him. People like that tend to be like politicians/celebrities in regards to **** like this. They go out in front of the cameras and they get all teary-eyed or whatever and make their apology and I vomit. I don't need some half-baked apology because it was "required" or "forced".

And at this point, any apology he makes I'm going to assume is forced and I will vomit. All over your epic boots. And his.

Yeah, I'm cynical, I know. I'm sorry. I really can't help it...

Maybe I should change my user name from Chapter Serf to Cynical Serf?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So guys, guess what tomorrow is:

7 DAYS.

Only 7 MORE DAYS, until the best day of the year~

CAN'T WAIT.

CAN'T.

:bluejump::bluejump::bluejump:

No I don't care that this is completely irrelevant to whatever is being discussed.

HnxKDRE.png
is always relevant.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
This isn't fair. Are German fans less greedy? Less plentiful? Have the scalpers been unable to reach there?
They're not suffering from a strike on their ports like the US is. The West Coast Ports are striking and as a result, we're not getting Nintendo products.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Recent Mewtwo news got me thinking: Mewtwo and Robin would make for a poetic, meeting of the minds duo, no?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
Isn't it just a shame?

Maybe for **** eating neckbeards like the losers in this thread.

Top Bottom