• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
To you all, if you were in Smash Bros, what kind of a style you'd have in your moves or attacks? Note that you can't tell what moves you'll use, but rather, what playstyle or archetype you'd take.
Hmm... I would probably want a playstyle like C.Falcon/Ganondorf/Little Mac. Only use my hands and legs to fight with and not have a projectile. I'd maybe also like to have wings too so I could be a mixture of Falcon and Pit or Charizard depending on how hard I want to be able to hit.

So pretty much I'd want to be Captain Falcon with wings, but not be as fast and maybe a smudge more powerful.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Well, I'm sorry for becoming a Fire Emblem fan. I guess I'm not a real fan since I joined because of Awakening.
In all honesty, it feels more like a troll bait than anything else, so eh.
Because really, posting that kind of stuff in this thread is begging to get someone to flip on him.

Or he's just someone who, for whatever reason, can get angry over petty things like a forum joke.
Either way, it's ignorable.:cheep:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
To you all, if you were in Smash Bros, what kind of a style you'd have in your moves or attacks? Note that you can't tell what moves you'll use, but rather, what playstyle or archetype you'd take.
Really offensive and fast, basically Captain Falcon, like a glass cannon.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
In all honesty, it feels more like a troll bait than anything else, so eh.
Because really, posting that kind of stuff in this thread is begging to get someone to flip on him.

Or he's just someone who, for whatever reason, can get angry over petty things like a forum joke.
Either way, it's ignorable.:cheep:
Yeah, I know. I'm just bitter over some real life stuff right now, and I've seen so many fandoms pull the "anyone who joined after x installment ruined the franchise" (including franchises I've been into from Day 1, like Pokémon) that it's sort of a button presser for me. But enough about that.

Anyway, onto happier things... A funny thing happened in SSB today. I got a Robin as a computer enemy, which might be the first time this has actually happened to me period. I realized that I need to improve going AGAINST Robin as well.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I had some free time on my hands today when I decided to personalize my Pikachu amiibo

And now we're matching :D
Speaking of amiibo, I just got Mega Man in the mail. I ordered him on Monday and was expected to arrive next Tuesday. Instead, I get him today.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Yeah, I know. I'm just bitter over some real life stuff right now, and I've seen so many fandoms pull the "anyone who joined after x installment ruined the franchise" (including franchises I've been into from Day 1, like Pokémon) that it's sort of a button presser for me. But enough about that.

Anyway, onto happier things... A funny thing happened in SSB today. I got a Robin as a computer enemy, which might be the first time this has actually happened to me period. I realized that I need to improve going AGAINST Robin as well.
The Robin dittos are certainly interesting to say the least. @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan mentioned something similar as well. Played a few in For Glory and at least one thing is clear: offstage nair is your friend.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Don't you ****ing drag me into whatever sick fantasies you're having. Also don't drag me into this atrocious thread again. I can't stand this god awful character, nor the Fire Emblem: Awakening fans that turned the Fire Emblem franchise into some sick joke.
Rather than going on a profanity laced rant about your person (which is VERY tempting), I think I'm just going to instead slap you on my ignore list and call it a day.

Piss off to Hell, asshole.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

The Robin dittos are certainly interesting to say the least. @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan mentioned something similar as well. Played a few in For Glory and at least one thing is clear: offstage nair is your friend.
I think my biggest problem is that with most characters, I physically go in for the KO, either with a toss (especially with Mario and Ness) or a smash of some kind (especially Smash Shulk). Robin can keep you away VERY easily in the right hands.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hasn't even been a member here for two months and I already have someone on my ignore list.

That's a bad omen if I ever saw one...

*Sigh*

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I had some free time on my hands today when I decided to personalize my Pikachu amiibo

And now we're matching :D
You are so cute~ <3

Speaking of amiibo, I just got Mega Man in the mail. I ordered him on Monday and was expected to arrive next Tuesday. Instead, I get him today.
Meanwhile, I preordered my Lucina and Robin amiibo in February and have to wait until late April for them to arrive.

Ah well, small price to pay for peace of mind~

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You are so cute~ <3

Meanwhile, I preordered my Lucina and Robin amiibo in February and have to wait until late April for them to arrive.

Ah well, small price to pay for peace of mind~
Wut? I haven't seen hide nor hair of a Robin or Lucina yet. No even on a preorder...

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I think my biggest problem is that with most characters, I physically go in for the KO, either with a toss (especially with Mario and Ness) or a smash of some kind (especially Smash Shulk). Robin can keep you away VERY easily in the right hands.
Those campy Robin bas****s.:troll: A tossed tome will go through arcfire and flats out beat arcthunder (it won't even detonate) if that gives you any idea.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
A speedy style, with high traction to where I can stop in a dime and turn around and whatnot.

The moves themselves, however, would be very unorthodox. A high priority Uair that does no damage, but instead grapples the opponent, and drags then down for an automatic footstool, a high startup, high KO power somersault handstand kick for a Dash Attack, a microscopic size elbow drop for a Dsmash that automatically forces techchases, and so on.

Hong

The Strongest
If anyone should be blamed for Soul Blazer's response, it should be me. I mean, I knew he didn't like this thread or the character, but I underestimated his distaste. Instead of bashing his response, bash me for dragging him in like that.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Fellow tacticians, how do you deal with pesky ninjas good Shieks who know the MU? I got beaten by one 6-1(though those were close matches). I already know about her silly grab games and Fair strings but how do I deal with them? I tried playing agressively against her it kinda worked but it was not enough. Though I am happy that I am more comfortable with Robin now, I just need some MU exp.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If anyone should be blamed for Soul Blazer's response, it should be me. I mean, I knew he didn't like this thread or the character, but I underestimated his distaste. Instead of bashing his response, bash me for dragging him in like that.
While I appreciate attempting to defuse things, let's not act like his response was anything other than childish and completely unwarranted.

All he has to do is ignore it and post nothing, not lash out like that.

Shaymikyu

None of the above.

Oh, I missed this.

If we're going by my normal playstyle and not my real life build or anything, I'd likely have a lot of projectiles of some kind, preferably controllable ones like PK Thunder or ones that trap the enemy like Arcfire, plus one or two really strong smashes. That would be my dream character, especially if the smashes I mentioned have a slight range like Mega Man's or Shulk's.

So I guess my playstyle would be racking up little bits of damage building to one big hit.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wut? I haven't seen hide nor hair of a Robin or Lucina yet. No even on a preorder...
Preorders in Ireland opened shortly after their official announcement.

Didn't realise it'd be two months hence that they'd be released, but hey, it's something.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
None of the above.

My playstyle would be slow but powerful. Though I would have decent to good speed on some of my attacks.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
None of the above.

An airdasher who can use projectiles to cover approaches. Basically like Dizzy and Mu in GG and BB.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
ZONING SON

PROJECTILE SPAM EVERYWHERE

4add871c-7d48-4e42-9f3c-cf82ea1f56dd.jpg

:4miigun::4miigun::4miigun::4miigun::4miigun:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's not your fault. I don't think I've ever seen a post from him that's not like that.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If your view on the FE:A fanbase is "They made the FE franchise a joke", then maybe it's not that you're mad that Awakening "dumbed down" the IP, but rather you're mad that this secret niche club you were in before it was cool is more accessible to everyone now and you can't handle it.

I like the hard FEs as much as the next guy, but it clearly wasn't selling as well as it could have. Broadening the scope and accessibility via Awakening by intentionally including all the elements of prior FE games, including Skirmishes and a Casual Mode, was what FE needed to get back on track.

And personally, I'm ok with that. Give me a map, give me different weapons to play advanced RPS with, give me good characters, and I've got my Fire Emblem fix. Just because it's easy doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. The Kirby series is a magnum opus of that, and everyone ****ing loves Kirby.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Thank you for taking responsibility.. but don't feel responsible. That's on him, not you.

Don't you ****ing drag me into whatever sick fantasies you're having. Also don't drag me into this atrocious thread again. I can't stand this god awful character, nor the Fire Emblem: Awakening fans that turned the Fire Emblem franchise into some sick joke.

Do you have nothing better than to be a complete ***?

Sorry for the profanity, but you truly warranted it. Ignored.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't care for platformers, and even I love Kirby.

The Great Cave Offensive still remains as one of my favorite platforming game level/mode of all time.

I was so happy that we got a level and theme from Kirby Super Star... My personal favorite Kirby game.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Oh yeah because disliking a game and it's fictional characters totally justifies being an ass hat.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

The Great Cave Offensive still remains as one of my favorite platforming game level/mode of all time.

I was so happy that we got a level and theme from Kirby Super Star... My personal favorite Kirby game.
Great Cave Offensive is a blast. I really need to go back and play more Kirby Super Star one day... And more Kirby games, period.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Great Cave Offensive is a blast. I really need to go back and play more Kirby Super Star one day... And more Kirby games, period.
I'd love a game combine the collecting aspect of Great Cave Offensive and the platforming/combat of Cave Story in a urban/supernatural setting.

Just an idea. :)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I know you use to be a strong advocate for Fire Wall. So which specific matchups did you have in mind for Fire Wall? Would you use it for Diddy for example?
It's mainly characters that can deal with Arcfire too easily.

I haven't had that many characters where I go "YES, FIRE WALL" for, but among them I would list Mac (since you want to be aircamping him most of the time anyway), Wario, Jiggs. Characters who are either small (if grounded) or have really high air mobility.

I would not use it against Diddy, as controlling the horizontal airspace with Arcfire is too important. Using it against him would require you to be above him a good amount, which.... y'know. HOO-HAH and all that.
You mean regular Elwind? or it's variations?
It's variations, as was said. Regular Elwind does everything you need it to, and the variations are simply too limited in that they're only really good in a single situation. They're not versatile.
Speed Arcthunder kills? I thought the stun wasn't long enough for follow-ups? Or am I missing something here?
Speed Arcthunder just on its OWN still has a decent amount of kill power. Yes, the stun is too short for a follow-up, but you can still get solid kills with it, and with Speed Thoron.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Fellow tacticians, how do you deal with pesky ninjas good Shieks who know the MU? I got beaten by one 6-1(though those were close matches). I already know about her silly grab games and Fair strings but how do I deal with them? I tried playing agressively against her it kinda worked but it was not enough. Though I am happy that I am more comfortable with Robin now, I just need some MU exp.
I'm probably not the best person to ask since I'm not sure if I actually fought any good Sheiks yet. But I have come to learn to just accept certain things. I know I will be juggled like crazy, that her needles go through arcfire, and that she will always be in my grill. If I'm at 100% and she's at 20% I'm not even mad because that's not surprising at all. If she's all up in your face, don't try to run away immediately; she'll catch you. Just try to swat her away with the bronze sword or a grab or just be smart with your rolls. Just keep calm and carry. At least she will struggle to get the kill, giving you the chance to close the gap. I also find elthunder and jab useful, especially since the latter can be used as an antiair of sorts.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm probably not the best person to ask since I'm not sure if I actually fought any good Sheiks yet. But I have come to learn to just accept certain things. I know I will be juggled like crazy, that her needles go through arcfire, and that she will always be in my grill. If I'm at 100% and she's at 20% I'm not even mad because that's not surprising at all. If she's all up in your face, don't try to run away immediately; she'll catch you. Just try to swat her away with the bronze sword or a grab or just be smart with your rolls. Just keep calm and carry. At least she will struggle to get the kill, giving you the chance to close the gap. I also find elthunder and jab useful, especially since the latter can be used as an antiair of sorts.

This is all pretty accurate.

Crutch jab hard. Use Speed Thunder if customs are legal. Our main strength in this match-up is our ridiculous edge in kill power.

Here's a recent set I played of the MU.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I figured running away and playing defensively won't work against her which is why I tried to play more agressive and smack her with Nair and tilts if she gets too close. I also already accepted the fact that she will probably outdamage me by mile a long time ago. I didn't do enough Jabs, however.

This is all pretty accurate.

Crutch jab hard. Use Speed Thunder if customs are legal. Our main strength in this match-up is our ridiculous edge in kill power.

Here's a recent set I played of the MU.

I just watched the first match and omg that Elwind spike (or near spike). You also space your aerials so well I could really learn from that. I am not spacing nearly as good.

Edit: That ending was just epic. So intense.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
They must have all been taken up pretty quickly, because I couldn't order any :/
Whereabouts did you try? I popped into Gamestop and they took the preorders, no questions asked. Just a ten euro deposit and I was right to go.

I remember my brother worked in Argos for a few months last year, and they had quite a lot of amiibo. Our combined collection thus far consists of Marth, Zelda, Pit (two of them, one of which I am giving to my partner), Rosalina and Cap, with Lucina and Robin to join shortly.

There was a Link for a while, but it was exchanged for Rosalina.

Mario Party 10 amiibo have been out here for a while, as I recall. Haven't seen much else.

Top Bottom