• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

Thanks, i guess.
Of course, it doesn't mean that our wonderful friends @ Hong Hong and @ Hokori Hokori won't ship you.:cheep:

If you shall leave, I'll have to finish it for you.

Ganondorf would catch Link, but Link would faint from the sudden atmospheric change.

He'd wake up and see Ganny's beautiful face and think to himself "On this beautiful orrchard, in the arms of Ganondorf, eyes looking into mine... I must be dreaming." Link would go to open his mouth, but Ganondorf would raise a finger to his lips. Ganondorf would smile down at Link, and they would draw closer and closer, eyes closed...

:dazwa:
Oh, Hong-sama, such a good way with the words.

Now I feel the need of searching for :4link:x:4ganondorf: fan stuff.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Thanks Gracidea :). I'll try to remember and watch it later.

Thanks, i guess.

Why Hong? :sadeyes:
You ask @ Hong Hong why but yet you liked the passionate and intimate description of :4ganondorf: X :4link:. Perhaps you're not so opposed to this after all.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
ProTip from Uncle Hok' - When you take little to nothing seriously here on our lovely forums, you'll have a wonderful time.

And get a shipload of ships

#FreeShippingAndHandling

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Of course, it doesn't mean that our wonderful friends @ Hong Hong and @ Hokori Hokori won't ship you.:cheep:
How you think you ship me? I think not! I am Wilfred Warstache and nobody ships Wilfred Warstche with his say so, so there!

You ask @ Hong Hong why but yet you liked the passionate and intimate description of :4ganondorf: X :4link:. Perhaps you're not so opposed to this after all.
No, I just feel like chucking a @NonSpecificGuy and liking every ones post for no really reason :awesome:.

ProTip from Uncle Hok' - When you take little to nothing seriously here on our lovely forums, you'll have a wonderful time.

And get a shipload of ships

#FreeShippingAndHandling

:p

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I miss the Adventure Mode. I think Robin would have made an awesome addition to something similar to the SSE. I really liked the SSE...

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I miss the Adventure Mode. I think Robin would have made an awesome addition to something similar to the SSE. I really liked the SSE...
I honestly would trade smash run and smash tour for essentially anything. Better balance, more music, more stages, etc. Basically anything but smash run and smash tour.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Just imagine M Robin being switched out by F Robin or vice versa.

That or have M Robin meet his female counterpart.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I see we are shipping fellow tacticians..................UNACCEPTABLE!!! Your shipping each other without your Shipping Lord!? I cannot allow this hearsay to continue any further. BEHOLD!!!

Ah, who am I kidding. Ship away, my lil Robin's! ^w^ I may be the Shipping Lord, but who am I to stand in the way of true love. <3

But I totally ship Hong Hong and Raziek Raziek . Just saying. :awesome:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I like the idea of having both Robins present for a SSE situation, honestly, though it's possible they'd just use male Robin.

And yeah, I'd take almost anything over Smash Tour.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
As much as I'd like the option of both M and F Robin in an SSE type thing, I think it would be an unnecessary pain in the ass to do every cutscene that Robin appears in twice. Either that or just split Robin during the story and have the option to play both. Alternatively, they could just do like they do in the FE:A cut scenes that Robin DOES appear in (and isn't first person). For the record, whenever they do that (it's maybe once or twice in the animated cut scenes), Robin's hood is up.

Going off SSE, the first attempt to trophy-ify Robin instead splits him into a male and female version.

Hong

The Strongest
@ Hong Hong ships, eh? Those are fun.

Of course you can't talk @ Hong Hong ships without bringing up @ Drakonis Drakonis . But, you know, it's like ChromxSumia... It's basically canon, but the fandom rejects it in favour of others. @ Hong Hong x Raziek is an option. I like that they argue a lot during their supports and turn that resolve into love... plus you get excellent stats and Hong guarantees Galeforce. Some people have suggested @ Hong Hong x @ The Merc The Merc , and that just doesn't sit right with me IMO. The latter is way too young so I feel kind of guilty. There's also @ Hong Hong x @ ThunderSageNun ThunderSageNun . I like the kind of "knight and squire" relationship and the close bond they share. Worthy of note is @ Hong Hong x @ Elezir Elezir : Stat caps are a bit odd, but their support conversations are so sweet that it can be hard to pass up. If we're willing to talk SpotPass, the best you can get is @ Hong Hong x @Soul Blazer. I love the erotic undertones between the two rivals, and @Soul Blazer guarantees sick stats.

Just my opinion. Hope @ Hong Hong doesn't find out we are talking about this kind of thing.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Of course you can't talk @ Hong Hong ships without bringing up @ Drakonis Drakonis . But, you know, it's like ChromxSumia... It's basically canon, but the fandom rejects it in favour of others. @ Hong Hong x Raziek is an option. I like that they argue a lot during their supports and turn that resolve into love... plus you get excellent stats and Hong guarantees Galeforce. Some people have suggested @ Hong Hong x @ The Merc The Merc , and that just doesn't sit right with me IMO. The latter is way too young so I feel kind of guilty. There's also @ Hong Hong x @ ThunderSageNun ThunderSageNun . I like the kind of "knight and squire" relationship and the close bond they share. Worthy of note is @ Hong Hong x @ Elezir Elezir : Stat caps are a bit odd, but their support conversations are so sweet that it can be hard to pass up. If we're willing to talk SpotPass, the best you can get is @ Hong Hong x @Soul Blazer. I love the erotic undertones between the two rivals, and @Soul Blazer guarantees sick stats.

Just my opinion. Hope @ Hong Hong doesn't find out we are talking about this kind of thing.
AHA! See all the shippers of the Robin thread! Here is your proof that I should not be shipped! Straight out of the mouth of Hong! Thank you Hong!

Another Victory to Wilfred Warstache!

Though speaking of shipping, after I saw this picture, the first thought in my head was, "I'd shipped that"

So cute :3

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Sumia should have been able to support Libra. That way Cynthia could have been blonde. Which would have been far more fitting.

In other news, I see crap like this and it kind of makes me mad because it's going to sour people on the prospect of custom stages. I think in the right hands, the stage maker could very well make fun, even tournament viable, stages. But stuff like that? I don't think it's going to do custom stages any favors.

AHA! See all the shippers of the Robin thread! Here is your proof that I should not be shipped! Straight out of the mouth of Hong! Thank you Hong!

Another Victory to Wilfred Warstache!

Though speaking of shipping, after I saw this picture, the first thought in my head was, "I'd shipped that"

There's only one pairing for Young Link:
No discussion.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Sumia should have been able to support Libra. That way Cynthia could have been blonde. Which would have been far more fitting.

In other news, I see crap like this and it kind of makes me mad because it's going to sour people on the prospect of custom stages. I think in the right hands, the stage maker could very well make fun, even tournament viable, stages. But stuff like that? I don't think it's going to do custom stages any favors.
I wish Sumia had more support options. I can understand limiting Chrom because of some extra dialogue his spouse gets, but Sumia didn't need to be held back like that.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
What confuses me is that Chrom has an S-Support with Olivia, which he can literately never achieve with her. The only way to marry Chrom and Olivia is to have Chrom have ZERO supports with any other female character, and then get at least 3 kills together with her in her first mission (which is also the last mission before the intermission). Doing so automatically skips Chrom and Olivia to S-Rank, bypassing all of their support convos. So you can NEVER see Chrom's S-Support with Olivia, except in the Support Gallery after you've crushed Grima.

Kinda weird, no?

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
You shipping tacticians. Don't mind me though...I'm just not one to enjoy ships of characters that aren't from the same game.

Completed Chapter 3-13. The sniper dude never left his ballista... :(
Was fun trying to kill Ike. I failed to deplete his HP to 0 however.. I'm really interested to know what happens if you do manage to take out Ike. (Aside from ending the chapter faster)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Morning all. Have an INPO one hour in the making:

Book 4: Master Knight is OP, Please Nerf
So I stuffed myself with dumplings and blocked forts with my ass. Sounds legit to me.

I would consider making the Master Knight an event. Round up the units that would be outright murdered and give them a percentage chance to escape. 50/50, we'll say. All victims get one line to describe how they dodged or fell.

Alternatively, it could be a game limiter. Ensure it doesn't generate before turn 10 or so. Then if the game runs long, this can end it. Or just run it very rarely to begin with.

My Falcon son (amiibo) just performed a grave sin to all Falcon kind; He kneed thy as the match began during the time we ask thou to show thine moves.
Be merciful, he only sought to please you.

I trained my Falcon son by cutting to 1/4 speed and feeding him kneecaps until he grew big and strong.

Like you and @Moydow though I could never quite get him to learn the joy of showing his moves. I think high-level amiibo might get that trait worked out of them over time. Mine seemed to stop taunting except for rarely between level 25-35 or so, no matter how much I tried to train them otherwise.

Makes sense, I mean, it doesn't usually kill anyone. Usually. Except for Weegee.

Someone say Deadpool?

fancy_deadpool_by_valval-d6107u4.png

I want a Captain Falcon amiibo! :( I WANT TO SHOW HIM MY MOVES!!! You're so lucky! :(
Ike however has been a whole other story... :c
I feel this way about Shulk and Dedede.

Supposedly Shulk is en route. Supposedly. Dirty Deeds I'll be lucky to snap off a scalper.
He won't be done dirt cheap, is what I'm saying.

I've otherwise been lucky so far, but I haven't even seen preorders for Wave 4 yet and I'm getting a little concerned...

#FreeShippingAndHandling
There's a joke about package handlers in here somewhere.

So you can NEVER see Chrom's S-Support with Olivia, except in the Support Gallery after you've crushed Grima.
Actually, after marrying Chrom to Olivia in my Frederick Emblem run a support played in the middle of the cutscenes after the two-year skip. I'll check later and see if this was the S-rank or not.

There is no Cynthia but Pega-Pony Princess Cynthia.

No discussion.

Also there's always Smashketball (link's got some language, fair warning). I've wanted to see that at tourney since I found it existed.

Potential stat distributions and SpotPass options.

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor.

And so Unknown Hero embraces his destiny as a Shipping Lord.

For the record I can totally see that one.

I honestly would trade smash run and smash tour for essentially anything. Better balance, more music, more stages, etc. Basically anything but smash run and smash tour.
Smash Run is pretty goddamn amazing actually. I understand why they couldn't transfer it to Wii U - everyone has their own map to interact on, which requires their own screen, which works best on the 3DS, where they all have their own console - but I wish they would have kept the extra mode in that vein rather than Smash Tour.

Naturally Smash Tour can take a long walk off a short cliff. Random fighters was the stupidest decision ever.

That's it. Drop the mic. See y'all in 12 hours or so.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
XENOBLADE NO! Must shield eyes from spoilers...

Yeah, kidding, I know Metal Face isn't a spoiler. Maybe.

And user shipping is fun when not taken too seriously. Well, unless that ship is already canon, of course.
That's a spoiler with context.

Context which you lack. :cheep:

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
But the Shoryuken is funnier and, in my opinion, much more effective in getting the message through. Though not as the Falcon Punch :happysheep:.

Actually, youngling, you should reconsider. Making your point via a joke can be viable at times, but when talking about something that makes you actually uncomfortable, joking about it will undermine your argument, as it will appear as if you only talked about it in jest.
Adding a small "seriously, though..." like you did a few posts later should suffice in getting the point across.

And yes, Shoryukens are awesome.

I just miss the characters interacting with each other. It kinda feels like they take the easy way out by just having them fight, but almost every SSE cutscene was a blast to watch.
I wouldn't mind a well developed adventure mode returning to Smash via DLC.

Of course you can't talk @ Hong Hong ships without bringing up @ Drakonis Drakonis . But, you know, it's like ChromxSumia...
... I'd totally eat your pies.

Well, except for the eel and liver kind. I don't eat fish at all and am not big on organs.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@ Hong Hong x Raziek is an option. I like that they argue a lot during their supports and turn that resolve into love... plus you get excellent stats and Hong guarantees Galeforce.
I find it more than a little amusing that I'm the Min-Max pairing, haha.

You guys DO make it hard for me to claim we're pretty normal though.

"You moderate the Robin boards? Isn't it just a bunch of weebs and stuff?"

"Nah, they're actually pretty normal. Especially compared to Lucina boards."

*FOUR PAGES OF SHIPPING DISCUSSION*

:facepalm:

not that I mind, of course

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Time to flagrantly break the speed limit so I'm not late for work.

Don't follow my example, kids! Punctuality is important!

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
@ Raziek Raziek shows his affection for the Robin board in the most interesting of ways, especially when compared to @ Hong Hong . Anyways, have a good day at work Raziek.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I'm laughing while I'm posting, but the Lucina boards have been cleaned up since. All that discussion happens in the social group now. :cheep:

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Roads are fine. Thanks for the concern.

PHOTO FINISH ITS GONNA BE CLOSE!

FRAME PERFECT TRAFFIC LIGHT WARPSKIP, WE MADE IT!!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Hey Shipping Robin Boards! Been messing around with Robin and they're pretty fun to use despite how well, slow they are.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Meanwhile I'm in a four hour drive to some caves.

I'm driving behind my professor.

He has hit curbs and swerved to the middle lanes and the road.

I'm laughing profusely.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Hey Shipping Robin Boards! Been messing around with Robin and they're pretty fun to use despite how well, slow they are.
Nice to meet ya! If you have any question about how they work feel free to ask us.

Meanwhile I'm in a four hour drive to some caves.

I'm driving behind my professor.

He has hit curbs and swerved to the middle lanes and the road.

I'm laughing profusely.
As funny as that probably is, are you sure it's safe? Sounds kinda dangerous. And what are you're going to caves for? A geology class or something?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel this way about Shulk and Dedede.

Supposedly Shulk is en route. Supposedly. Dirty Deeds I'll be lucky to snap off a scalper.
He won't be done dirt cheap, is what I'm saying.

I've otherwise been lucky so far, but I haven't even seen preorders for Wave 4 yet and I'm getting a little concerned...
I'm not surprised that Shulk is rare. He's a GameStop exclusive; it's only natural that he would be rare. Hell, the GameStop I went to only had Shulks for pre-orders.
That and he is a character that lacks a lot of merchandise. I suspect characters like him, Robin, and a few others like Ness will be hard to come by for this reason among others.

As for Wave 4, it's probably because there is a strike in a shipping area in China, where amiibos are shipped out to other areas in the world. I think that's why Nintendo hasn't made any remarks in regards to pre-orders.

I find it more than a little amusing that I'm the Min-Max pairing, haha.

You guys DO make it hard for me to claim we're pretty normal though.

"You moderate the Robin boards? Isn't it just a bunch of weebs and stuff?"

Well when you are moderating a board where the character in question ships other characters in the game he hails from, it's only natural that shipping between other characters and even users occurs.
We've probably shipped to every country in the world by now with what we've created.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So @ Raziek Raziek , what do you think of Robin's special sets for EVO?

They have 3113, my go-to for slow or bulky characters.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Time to flagrantly break the speed limit so I'm not late for work.
PHOTO FINISH ITS GONNA BE CLOSE!

FRAME PERFECT TRAFFIC LIGHT WARPSKIP, WE MADE IT!!
My hero.

I'm chronically late, this speaks to me.

I need a plow on the front of my Civic.

With a sticker that says 'OUTTA DA WAY!'
Do it. I want pictures.

Personally I'm thinking a sound system welded to the top of my Mazda blaring Ludacris' "Move *****."
The plow would probably be more direct, but my car couldn't win a shoving match with a moped.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
So @ Raziek Raziek , what do you think of Robin's special sets for EVO?

They have 3113, my go-to for slow or bulky characters.
Ah, 3113. I feel a bit better now with the last minute discussion @ Raziek Raziek , I, and a few others had regarding the custom moveset project and 3113 was a last minute addition.

Top Bottom