• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh, you will love this if you haven't seen it already.
Ooo, that Shining medley. I like.
The opening menu bit at the end was also a nice touch.

Also liking the love for the other tracks mentioned. May have more to add on the classic Sonic front specifically when I'm less tired, but in the meantime you reminded me of a little somethin somethin, so I see your remix and raise you a remix:

Walk on Water (Sonic 3 and Knuckles - Project Chaos)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sky Sanctuary Act 2 from Sonic Generations is amazing btw. It's one of those songs you'd expect would be in Smash in the way its composed.

It does the standard remix for the first minute, then it segues into the Sky Sanctuary theme used in Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics 2010, then follows up with a remix of the first section of the Sonic & Knuckles credits theme, then wraps it all up with the familiar set of notes that ends in a long-held note getting higher in pitch, and then loops.

All in 2 minutes.

God damn this song.

<3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember one guy saying Robin should be played like a heavy only for @Raziek to slit the guy's throat :skull:
How can one play as Robin like a heavy-weight?
Sure, Robin is slow. However, he doesn't have the raw power nor is as big as the heavy weights in the game, like Bowser.
Robin needs to be treated as a zoning character if you want to succeed with him.

Oh! Sonic music!
I love me some good Sonic music!
My personal favorite is Chemical Plant Zone. (the Classic version in Generations is also amazing!)
I also love...
[collapse=This turned out to be bigger than I had anticipated]Spring Yard Zone
Aquatic Ruin Zone
Flying Battery Zone
Stardust Speedway Bat Future (JP)
D.A. Garden (JP)
Open Your Heart
Crazy Robo
City Escape (Classic!)
Pumpkin Hill
Kingdom Valley
Solaris Phase 2
Chun-Nan Day
Sweet Mountain
Planet Wisp
Death Egg Robot (Generations)
Windy Hill
Dragon Dance
Sea Bottom Segue (but Lava Mountain Act 2 can go die in a hole)[/collapse]
And a couple of others.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
How can one play as Robin like a heavy-weight?
he doesn't have the raw power
b-b-b-b-but the Leffen Sword ._.
I just remembered @Raziek giving the guy the greatest butt-whooping in the history of smash.
Don't mess with Raziek or it might just blow up in your face.
22px-ZanePortrait64.png

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

It's just so......peaceful :).
This was playing as I read your post.

It would be a

"NO WAY!"

moment if not for the fact this is the Robin social thread, thus the probability I would be listening to that song is quite high. It would be like if I asked if anyone here likes Fire Emblem.

"Do you like Fire Emblem? :4robinf:"
"Why, yes. I do.:4robinm:"
"Wow! What a coincidence! What are the odds! :4robinf:"
"The threads that connect us, friend.:4robinm:"
"*random lurker* Are you ****ing serious.:4wiifitm:"

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Cap. MaskO of the 4th PSI Tactical Squad's Log. 17:07

I have infiltrated the debate tournament. My skills from Smash 4 speculation debate are the only thing keeping me from disembowelment if I am discovered as a fraud. Supplies are low. The kitchen hall is heavily guarded. I may resort to hunting small insects to nourish my body. I'm also out of Arcfire tomes.

Hopefully I'll make it out alive with minimal casualties to my men.

b-b-b-b-but the Leffen Sword ._.
I just remembered @Raziek giving the guy the greatest butt-whooping in the history of smash.
Don't mess with Raziek or it might just blow up in your face. View attachment 43658
Can you link it?

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

It would be a

"NO WAY!"

moment if not for the fact this is the Robin social thread, thus the probability I would be listening to that song is quite high. It would be like if I asked if anyone here likes Fire Emblem.

Wait, you mean to tell me that Robin is a Fire Emblem character!? I thought he was a Final Fantasy character!

I kid, but when the trailer debuted for Robin, I had no clue what franchise s/he was from at first. I leaned towards FE because Lucina reminded me of Marth, but I wasn't 100%. Then Together We Ride started up and it became pretty obvious, and solidified when Marth and Ike popped up.

As a side note, I'm ashamed to admit this, but I thought Magnus was from Xenoblade the first time I used his assist trophy.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Awe, I was just playing a ton of FFXIV when I was reminded of its incredible music. Dunno how could I have forgotten... :facepalm:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Someone mentioned the Hunger Games? Hey, I know what we should do! :p

Book 4: Master Knight is OP, Please Nerf

View attachment 43694

Kind of maybe overdoing it with Master Knight, but
I can't breathe, why am I at the center of these things??? :rotfl:

8 people? Just wow... XD I really am a murderer ._.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Out of curiosity how do you do the gender pronoun things? Do you enter that in with the people's names, is it random or do you insert it afterwards?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Out of curiosity how do you do the gender pronoun things? Do you enter that in with the people's names, is it random or do you insert it afterwards?
I have two dictionaries - one for names, and one for genders, connected by index numbers (whoever is 1 in the users list, will have gender 1 from the genders list). Then when it selects a user at random, it runs a function to also get their gender, return appropriate pronouns for that person, and output them in the sentence as needed.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

I know Hong has a trolling side to her, but I didn't think she'd be the person to block my reinforcements by just standing there...

Patrick_wearing_a_cone.jpg

Menacingly!

Also, sorry Antonykun...

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

View attachment 43694

Kind of maybe overdoing it with Master Knight, but
So...
I get killed even though I did nothing...yet again
:shaker::shaker::shaker:
can I rage-quit now?
Defend me better next time, @XenoBrawler610, pwease.:sadsheep:

Either way, even though RadiantTactician RadiantTactician became a killing machine, she was no match for Gheb and Excellus:troll:
can't say I blame her, though.

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I am pleased with my book throwing skills. I am not pleased with my rebellion skills? Bah, all I know is that I made it to chapter twelve on my first try, and that's better than most. Not surprised False Sense beat the entire group senseless though. He was stealing exp like a madman!
Better luck next time I guess.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CURSE YOU ****ING LV9 CPU'S!!!!! CURSE YOU AND YOUR CHEAP ****Y 1 FRAME READS. EFF U!!! EFF YOU AND ALL OF YOUR OTHER CHEAP LV9 CPUS TO OBLIVION!!!!

It would be a

"NO WAY!"

I was just saying Fire Emblem has good music. No need to be mean about it :c.

Though nothing can compare to the Legend of Zelda music. FE is close, but not quite XD.

Unknown Hero finds Hong and mercilessly burns him with Bolganone.

D: Why?! Why you do this to me?!

D

Deleted member

We just need to decrease his range, mobility, and recovery and we're good. :troll: (is it bad that I kinda miss Brawl Meta Knight?)

Defend me better next time, @XenoBrawler610, pwease.:sadsheep:
OK, but just know that we never reached C-Support and I can't block for you easily.

in other news: a 3DS theme I actually want - but it's only in Japan ;-; why don't you want my money Capcom?
I should get into Phoenix Wright...

Weeman

Smash Crusader
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CURSE YOU ****ING LV9 CPU'S!!!!! CURSE YOU AND YOUR CHEAP ****Y 1 FRAME READS. EFF U!!! EFF YOU AND ALL OF YOUR OTHER CHEAP LV9 CPUS TO OBLIVION!!!!

This is your innocence, slowly being taken away, you cannot avoid the dark side :evil:
JOIN US! DO IT!!
tumblr_nlbmbbAkhz1qa6wvao1_r1_400.gif

Elezir

D: Why?! Why you do this to me?!
You mean her.:happysheep:
Also, no surprise there. I'd say this emulator portraits you quite accurately, actually:troll:

Wut.

I've never had problems with lvl 9 CPUS?

I should get into Phoenix Wright...
True words, dear. Now, start by Edgey Poo's game <3

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
For reference sake, I'm an androgyne and don't really care what pronouns people use for me. She, he, miss, aniki, etc. While I don't care myself, I'm honoured that people care enough to speak up for me. Thanks, @ Elezir Elezir . I feel safe with you here. :)

And that's all I have to say about that.

Last edited:

Elezir

For reference sake, I'm an androgyne and don't really care what pronouns people use for me. She, he, miss, aniki, etc. While I don't care myself, I'm honoured that people care enough to speak up for me. Thanks, @ Elezir Elezir . I feel safe with you here. :)

And that's all I have to say about that.
Hey, that's what friends are for, right?:cheep:
even if just virtual.

If you have a preference for the female pronoun, then everyone in this forum shall call you a "she".

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Hey, that's what friends are for, right?:cheep:
even if just virtual.

If you have a preference for the female pronoun, then everyone in this forum shall call you a "she".
Literally indifferent to either. :)
Something tells me @ Elezir Elezir and @ Hong Hong would have zero issues getting along together if they met in real life.
Now that I think about it, we do have quite the overlap in interests.

Imagine our shipping powers combined.:demon:

... I think I'm ending my fusion partnership with @ Hokori Hokori . It's all about Elezir, now. :084:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
This is your innocence, slowly being taken away, you cannot avoid the dark side :evil:
JOIN US! DO IT!!
View attachment 43704

You mean her.:happysheep:
Also, no surprise there. I'd say this emulator portraits you quite accurately, actually:troll:

You're evil Elezir.

you are just pure evil :c

Wut.

I've never had problems with lvl 9 CPU?
I don't know really. Before the 1.0.5 update, I used to smash lv9 cpus on a regular basis, but now after the update, there just seem to be..... smart and now I swear they are read my moves before i even make the move yet they can combo me all day. I try to pull of the same combo but nope, not going to happen. it is so INFURIATING!!!!:mad:

.... But there was nothing, not even jokingly, mean about my post.
Oh......

I am sorry Hong, it's just the way I read it, it seemed like a very ya don't say! comment. sorry if was acting like a jerk :c.

Top Bottom