• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I liked a lot of the songs in No More Heroes and the sequel.

Well the main theme of the game is revenge, were you expecting some giant plot twist at the end or something?
Yeah the ending was fitting, but the las battle against Jasper Batt Jr. was atrocious.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Yeah the ending was fitting, but the las battle against Jasper Batt Jr. was atrocious.
If you're talking about how ridiculous it is, that was on purpose. Henry even refuses to help fight because he doesn't want to be associating with killing him. Not really sure if this counts as a spoiler but I'm being safe.[spoiler/]

Weeman

Smash Crusader
If you're talking about how ridiculous it is, that was on purpose. Henry even refuses to help fight because he doesn't want to be associating with killing him. Not really sure if this counts as a spoiler but I'm being safe.[spoiler/]
I mean how BAD of a boss fight it is, gameplaywise, no amount of symbolism and messages can make up for a terrible boss fight.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'll share some music I love as well just for the heck of it.

F-Zero GX (imo they added some of the worst songs from GX into Smash. Not saying they're bad, but I would have preferred sooo many other songs.)

No More Heroes

The World Ends With You

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Persona 3 (I'm tempted on throwing in probably half of the OST in here, but here's a good sample...)

Forza 4 (I like the BGM, I almost always have it playing when I'm making changes to my PM setup or doing homework.)

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I do believe I'm playing @ Silverfox117 Silverfox117 on For Glory right now.

Also I have come to the conclusion that I suuuuuuuuuck at Robin dittos. Hard.
What are the chances of that happening. Well most people learn more from losses than wins anyways. Sometimes in For Glory I feel like I play against the same people every now and again, that or a lot of people have the same tags.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267

F-Zero GX (imo they added some of the worst songs from GX into Smash. Not saying they're bad, but I would have preferred sooo many other songs.)

No More Heroes

The World Ends With You

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Persona 3 (I'm tempted on throwing in probably half of the OST in here, but here's a good sample...)

Forza 4 (I like the BGM, I almost always have it playing when I'm making changes to my PM setup or doing homework.)
TWEWY and Persona 3 music?! *flails*

(Gonna give the rest of these a listen)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Can confirm now, that was Silverfox117. Small world!

What are the chances of that happening. Well most people learn more from losses than wins anyways. Sometimes in For Glory I feel like I play against the same people every now and again, that or a lot of people have the same tags.
Maybe I just don't have the Robin MU experience lol, but I just keep falling into traps over and over against other Robin users.

It's the same deal with the Sonic ditto. I'm proficient with the character, but against the character is a whole other story.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I would post my favourite video game soundtracks but I think a majority of it has been posted by other people already.
Can confirm now, that was Silverfox117. Small world!

Maybe I just don't have the Robin MU experience lol, but I just keep falling into traps over and over against other Robin users.

It's the same deal with the Sonic ditto. I'm proficient with the character, but against the character is a whole other story.
I don't have a lot of Robin match-up experience either, the last time I found another Robin online was a while ago in a For Fun game. I mostly win most of my sonic dittos though. If you ever seen a Robin player online with the tag "CP2" that's probably me. Coolpool2 was too long and it was cut off at "Coolpoo...".

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I like quiet music... Naturally, Etrian Odyssey IV has my favourite soundtrack.

The first time I entered the labyrinth... saw thel lush greenery, heard the melodic crunch of the grass with each step, and then this played... I was literally brought to tears. Such beauty.

Game has some other nice quiet tunes:
@ 1:50

Not sure how keen people are on more traditional-sounding music, but I like it.

And it's not like the upbeat tracks are anything shameful, either:

Jazz

Favourite OST for me ezpz. Another good one, aside from what was mentioned, would be Ragnarok Online. You can get the whole thing legally online for free, but you'll have literally over a hundred songs to go through.

More upbeat rendition of the previous song.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Hong Hong and Célja Célja have such incredible taste in music! <3 Having Etrian Odyssey IV get a loving mention from Hong Hong makes my heart soar given how incredible the entire OST is. I'm actually a little embarrassed it wasn't on my top ten to be honest. :urg: But even though Hong Hong and Célja Célja have created fantastic lists of music, everyone here has to some extent. I'm very impressed with the type of music I am seeing from everyone's lists.
It goes to show you that us tacticians require the very best in musical compositions to properly function and strategize. :4robinm:

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I've barely scratched the surface of Etrian Odyssey IV since I just recently got into the 2nd land/dungeon. I've spent so much time in the Lush Woodlands just farming off those material spots and grinding that the song just etched itself into my mind. It is a very beautiful song and it's another game I need to work on finishing.

Speaking of beautiful things, I just remembered another song/game that was very breathtaking for me when I first played it.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Favorite Video Game music?

Well...
This might take a while...
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-IfHaefRpk "Chant"
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrzW0PFjsjQ "For the Craftworld"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OikrIxAcPu4 "Forged in Battle"
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPwCmU0V-Q "Sovngarde"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsnRQJxanVM "Dragonborn"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmp5fr4wUEA "Ancient Stones"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyld0ekydd0 "Wind Guide You"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2erY9UyBlU "Unbroken Road"
The Witcher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw "River of Life"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHBwS1frPak "Peaceful Moments"
Homeworld:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2re702QU6Ls "Imperial Battle Theme"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXRJBK8oJSA "Adagio for Strings"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzJHzkoiVM "Swarmers Attack"
Homeworld 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm3e9hoo3ZM "The Keeper"
A Realm Reborn Final Fantasy XIV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b96rrbo-_Ik "Answers"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taF4CVgx_rE "Canticle"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ8yAEkUUgI "Breaking Boundaries"

This is but a small sampling. If I could, I would upload my iTunes, but this should give you an idea.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've barely scratched the surface of Etrian Odyssey IV since I just recently got into the 2nd land/dungeon. I've spent so much time in the Lush Woodlands just farming off those material spots and grinding that the song just etched itself into my mind. It is a very beautiful song and it's another game I need to work on finishing.

Speaking of beautiful things, I just remembered another song/game that was very breathtaking for me when I first played it.
Bruh, Still Alive.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I come in here to see what the discussion is, and I'm met with over an hour of beautiful music. :'(

Anyway, I'm heading to sleep early. I have a debate tournament tomorrow.

If I have a nightmare, I'll be a MaskO'Fears.:094:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

But, what about Big Blue?

I like quiet music... Naturally, Etrian Odyssey IV has my favourite soundtrack.

The first time I entered the labyrinth... saw thel lush greenery, heard the melodic crunch of the grass with each step, and then this played... I was literally brought to tears. Such beauty.

Game has some other nice quiet tunes:
@ 1:50

Not sure how keen people are on more traditional-sounding music, but I like it.

And it's not like the upbeat tracks are anything shameful, either:

Jazz

Favourite OST for me ezpz. Another good one, aside from what was mentioned, would be Ragnarok Online. You can get the whole thing legally online for free, but you'll have literally over a hundred songs to go through.

More upbeat rendition of the previous song.
I love the battle music in ETO4. It's so exhilarating XD.

Though for songs that I like just to lay back and relax, my favs have to be

Skyfolt

Great Fairy Fountain

Song of Healing

But a personal favourite has to be

Id (serenity)

It's just so......peaceful :).

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
I do believe I'm playing @ Silverfox117 Silverfox117 on For Glory right now.

Also I have come to the conclusion that I suuuuuuuuuck at Robin dittos. Hard.
Those were some fun matches, but just a bit laggy(it was hard for me to play fast characters like falcon and fox) if you want to play me some more. My nintendo id is Silverfox094

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
But, what about Big Blue?

That song specifically was actually from Melee. I'm mainly referring to the songs which were from F-Zero GX that made it into Smash like Planet Colors, Shotgun Kiss, and Brain Cleaner.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That song specifically was actually from Melee. I'm mainly referring to the songs which were from F-Zero GX that made it into Smash like Planet Colors, Shotgun Kiss, and Brain Cleaner.
Wait, Big Blue didn't originate from F-Zero?!

Awww....

Well,, at least there is always Mute City, I guess. I never really listen to F-Zero's soundtrack to be honest.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Wait, Big Blue didn't originate from F-Zero?!

Awww....

Well,, at least there is always Mute City, I guess. I never really listen to F-Zero's soundtrack to be honest.
I guess I should clarify a bit more. Yes, Big Blue is from F-Zero, but that specific Big Blue song you linked was an original arrangement that was introduced in Melee. I would love it if they included the Big Blue song from GX or even X, would be pretty indifferent if they had the original Big Blue from the SNES version though.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I guess I should clarify a bit more. Yes, Big Blue is from F-Zero, but that specific Big Blue song you linked was an original arrangement that was introduced in Melee. I would love it if they included the Big Blue song from GX or even X, would be pretty indifferent if they had the original Big Blue from the SNES version though.
Greatest version of Big Blue? HYES! :falcon64::falconmelee::falcon::4falcon:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh okay. Yeah, I knew that Smash's Big Blue was original from Melee, I just decide to pick a Smash 4 clip instead.
But yeah, maybe a remix version would have been nice.....
Greatest version of Big Blue? HYES! :falcon64::falconmelee::falcon::4falcon:
YEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!:4falcon:

D

Deleted member

Umm, can you please put the videos in as URL links please? It's lagging up the page.

They definitely should have put in more GX songs and even more F-Zero songs in general. It's a shame the new songs the series got were the original 16-bit songs and an awesome new remix of Mute City. Out of the three GX songs in the game, I only listen to Shotgun Kiss.
To be honest I wish they put in the GX version of Mute City. I don't care how many Mute City themes there are! This one is too good!
(BTW, the the story mode credits is a guilty pleasure of mine, I find myself singing it after winning a few rounds with Falcon XD)

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
After listening to nothing but Etrian Odyssey IV music for the past hour now, I've replaced Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS with EOIV as one of my top favourite video game soundtracks. Why in Naga's name I didn't add this beautiful, wonderful, enchanting and divine soundtrack to my top ten video game soundtracks is beyond me. Thankfully I have seen the light and have rectified my mistake with great haste. Yet another game I need to seriously play again. Unforutnately I just started a new play through of SMTIV yesterday so that be on hold for a little while longer. But if I continue to listen to more EOIV music, I think that may change REALLY soon.

Hong Hong , I just wanted to thank you for reminding me of the perfection that is EOIV's soundtrack. Seriously, THANK YOU!!! <3 :happysheep:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
After listening to nothing but Etrian Odyssey IV music for the past hour now, I've replaced Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS with EOIV as one of my top favourite video game soundtracks. Why in Naga's name I didn't add this beautiful, wonderful, enchanting and divine soundtrack to my top ten video game soundtracks is beyond me. Thankfully I have seen the light and have rectified my mistake with great haste. Yet another game I need to seriously play again. Unforutnately I just started a new play through of SMTIV yesterday so that be on hold for a little while longer. But if I continue to listen to more EOIV music, I think that may change REALLY soon.

Hong Hong , I just wanted to thank you for reminding me of the perfection that is EOIV's soundtrack. Seriously, THANK YOU!!! <3 :happysheep:
It's not just Etrian Odyssey IV, literally all of them have incredibly beautiful soundtracks.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
It's not just Etrian Odyssey IV, literally all of them have incredibly beautiful soundtracks.
Well, I've only played EOIV so far but I'm sure your correct as I have heard several other pieces of music from other Etrian Odyssey games and they too are quite sublime. ^w^

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Really?! Then I must finish the rest of ETO4 and get the rest of the series!

I know right? @ Hong Hong was the one who introduce me to the series and I very much thank him for doing so XD.

Wait, which song is you favourite Syrek?

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I think that Green/Emerald Woodlands is the best dang song in the entire Etrian Odyssey series.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Really?! Then I must finish the rest of ETO4 and get the rest of the series!

I know right? @ Hong Hong was the one who introduce me to the series and I very much thank him for doing so XD.

Wait, which song is you favourite Syrek?
Hmmmm.........well, if I had to choose a favourite out of the entire soundtrack, it would probably be this track......

The Japanese flair sounds utterly delightful to my ears, to my very soul in fact. It resonates with me deeply and connects to the artistic as well as the peaceful side of my being. Peaceful music is my favourite kind of music in general and this is indeed music that I could listen to every day for the rest of my life. It's refreshing, relaxing and rejuvenating in all the right ways. I can imagine myself walking in the middle of a warm summers night, listening to this and looking up at the stars in wonder and in silence. ^w^

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Umm, can you please put the videos in as URL links please? It's lagging up the page.

They definitely should have put in more GX songs and even more F-Zero songs in general. It's a shame the new songs the series got were the original 16-bit songs and an awesome new remix of Mute City. Out of the three GX songs in the game, I only listen to Shotgun Kiss.
To be honest I wish they put in the GX version of Mute City. I don't care how many Mute City themes there are! This one is too good!
(BTW, the the story mode credits is a guilty pleasure of mine, I find myself singing it after winning a few rounds with Falcon XD)
That probably is one of my favorite Mute City themes next to the arranged one from X. I almost forgot that there was a song after the credits of Story Mode. After raging from trying to beat all the missions on Very Hard was well, hard, I never really went back. After getting Pheonix and the AX cup, I was content with what I had beaten. One of these days though I will sit down and beat those missions.

It's also disappointing that outside of the original SNES version, there are no Mute City or Big Blue songs that come from an F-Zero game. You would also think that since we have Port Town as a stage, we'd get the song that plays on it at least.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Actually, I've played Soul Caliber 2, Ocarina of Time, Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil Revelations as well as 6. The only one's I haven't played are The Last of Us and Phantasy Star Online. :p
- 6 Same here.

Speaking of art... I have this really lame drawing of Reyson I drew a couple years ago that most likely looks unrecognizable to a fellow PoR/RD fan.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hmmmm.........well, if I had to choose a favourite out of the entire soundtrack, it would probably be this track......

The Japanese flair sounds utterly delightful to my ears, to my very soul in fact. It resonates with me deeply and connects to the artistic as well as the peaceful side of my being. Peaceful music is my favourite kind of music in general and this is indeed music that I could listen to every day for the rest of my life. It's refreshing, relaxing and rejuvenating in all the right ways. I can imagine myself walking in the middle of a warm summers night, listening to this and looking up at the stars in wonder and in silence. ^w^
Ah yes. That pieces is just so beautiful. It is just so relaxing. Speaking of relaxing pieces, this has to be one of my favourites for the game at the moment (I am still only on the 2nd labyrinth)

It's just so pretty, it makes me want to walk on a hill of grass then just lie there, look at the clouds. It's just..... soo. relaxxxxxxingg....... ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Wha? Ah, anwya, there is another piece in the game that does compete with this piece though

It's so up beat and exhilarating. It makes me feel like I am in an actual battle and that everything is one the line. I need to win.

Though I'll tell you guys another game that has a good sound track. Fire Emblem Awakening.

The Relaxing

The funny

The Sad

Never speaking her name

The Epic

And of course

the Purpose

Ah! There also so good. i could just listen to them all. *sigh*

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I gotta keep up more.

Did someone say Tactics Ogre?

View attachment 43570

Behold, the Shrektician.
....this is goddamn amazing. Thank you sir you have shown me up.

Up Special: Swampwind
For some reason all I can see is a certain down special. :4wario:

Damn, stole my idea :urg:
That's not nice.

Either way, what about that manga wallpaper?:troll:
Gave up?

Tactics Ogre?

I love you guys. such good tastes in games in this thread.

cough PPSSPP cough.

Stupid coughing:roll:
Respectively:
My GIMP hand comes alive with the moonlight.
My sword hand is decidedly more lazy.
I haven't given up on it. I believe I've sorted my approach, but I'll need time when I'm at my computer and not distracted.
So, y'know. Aiming for May.Ain't it though? I admit I still haven't played Let Us Cling Together, but I have fond memories of both Knight of Lodis and 64.
Although some awfully suspicious coughing may just solve that thank you very kindly.
I'm trying to teach you to stop visiting Smashboards during class for your own good.
I'm looking out for you bro.
I'm visiting at work. Does that make me a horrible role model?
More than usual, I mean.

Anybody got any game soundtracks that are absolutely amazing in your opinion?
I'm looking for songs for a playlist, you see.
The replies have been phenomenal so far. TWEWY, Bravely Default, Awakening of course, Chrono Trigger, the Mother series, Mystery Dungeon, EOIV. Shining Force even got some love, haven't seen that in forever. Plenty of solid stuff. I even got a few dozen to look up now, ya'll on point.

...but all these replies and not one mention of Chrono Cross?

Lemme add my two.

Fair warning based off of what I linked: Some 90% of that soundtrack is some forlorn haunting **** but it's worth every second. Check for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2F0F9693D744A5B8

Side note, particularly for @ Hong Hong , most of it is quiet.

I'm also pretty fond of the music for Sonic 3 and Knuckles, for nostalgia's sake.

Hi guys o/
I figured I'd share this since we're all fire emblem fans, I finally finished my picture of Lucina from a while ago!
I think I got at least a B-support just looking at this. Absolutely amazing work.

Me neither, but I'm intrigued.

Last edited:

Centicerise

Smash Cadet
NNID
harubanana732
Etrian Odyssey Music? Check out Etrian Mystery Dungeon's arranges of some of my favorite tracks:

Hoist the Sword with Pride in the Heart! One of the most epic Boss themes in the EO series.

Cherry Tree Bridge~ A lovely piece for those who enjoyed instruments like those in Misty Ravine

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Shining Force even got some love, haven't seen that in forever.
Oh, you will love this if you haven't seen it already.
I'm also pretty fond of the music for Sonic 3 and Knuckles, for nostalgia's sake.
I figured the Sonic soundtracks would be mentioned by a lot of people, so I didn't bother posting some earlier.

Have 3 now, instead:
Chemical Awesome, Act 1
Awesomecity Zone, Act 1
Awesome Escape <- I don't care how cheesy that one is. It's amazing.

Blizzard games also have consistently good to great tracks, though it's very athmospheric a lot of the time.
Tristram
Terran Theme 1
Orc Theme 2

The Gothic series had some pretty cool music, too. Though again, mostly athmospheric.
Main Theme
Faring

Stronghold falls into the same category.
Castle Jam

I don't think I have seen any Shovel Knight suggestions out there. Which borders on criminal.
Strike the Earth!
The Apparition
An Underlying Problem

And if I'm talking Shovel Knight, I might as well mention Ducktales. 'Cause Ducktales.
However, GEMA is giving me trouble. Apparently it blocks the Ducktales Remastered OST in Germany on Youtube. Just search there for yourself, pretty much every track is worth listening to.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I remember one guy saying Robin should be played like a heavy only for @Raziek to slit the guy's throat :skull:

Top Bottom