• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
It appears my birthday came 3 months earlier than expected.... :chuckle:

(Apologizes for the crappy quality of the photo. I was using an old iPod touch and they don't exactly have the greatest camera's :p)

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I find a lot of songs in MH to be really good. Stuff like Proof of a hero,Brave Icon, Moonquakes are gorgeous.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Sorry for all the links. I just really like video game music. A lot.
There's really no need to apologize, m'lady. Your amongst many other gamers who like video game music just as much as you, perhaps even more so. Please, feel free to post to your hearts content if you so desire. I doubt anyone will oppose you from doing so given how much we all love video game music and the raw power it evokes from within each of us. ^_^

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Tbh, I got SMTIV in preparation for SMTxFE and to also receive that $30 eShop credit when you register both FEA and SMTIV on club nintendo. (Little did I know that I had plenty of time for that crossover game...) Still need to finish it, however.

Anybody got any game soundtracks that are absolutely amazing in your opinion?
I'm looking for songs for a playlist, you see.

I haven't played it much, but Shadow of the Colossus has some great music. The Opened Way is on par with Gaur Plains for being perfect in every way.
I've been so wanting to play Shadow of the Colossus for quite some time now. Just need to borrow my friend PS2 first though. (which is mostly used as a dvd player by his family)
As for amazing video game soundtracks? Star Fox Assault one of them. Even people who aren't fond of the game love it's soundtracks. :laugh: (probably it's strongest point really) might make a list later.
I fall asleep smiling at night when I think about Fox suffering.
:crying:
Understandable if it's Melee Fox since he's OP in that game. It's actually nice not seeing a player win with Melee Fox for a change and I'm a fan of PPMD. (if I recall) I'm bad at remembering names..

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
...So is the Shrek talk ogre with? :troll:

On the topic of video game music, I'd also recommend Xenoblade's soundtrack. Holy god is it amazing. Some of the more notable songs:
If you want to play Xenoblade I wouldn't listen to these if I were you just so you can get the first time listening experience, but it's not really going to spoil anything lol

- Main theme
- You Will Know Our Names
- Engage the Enemy
- Mechanical Rhythm
- Unfinished Battle
- Gaur Plain / Gaur Plain (Night)
- Satorl Marsh (Night)
- Mechonis Field
- Imperial Capital Agniratha / Imperial Capital Agniratha (Night)
- Tragic Decision
Pretty much every song in the game is amazing, but these are just the ones I thought of off the top of my head.

D

Deleted member

Understandable if it's Melee Fox since he's OP in that game. It's actually nice not seeing a player win with Melee Fox for a change
I just wonder if Smash 4 will have its own 20XX.
It's a post apocalyptic future where the metagame is fully developed and everyone has maximized their skill to TAS levels. The only viable character is Diddy Kong and everyone is playing on Omega stages. Thankfully, there is no port priority, so the matches aren't basically rock-paper-scissors games.
The only people who can stop the apocalypse, the Hoo-Hah Apocalypse, are the people who mastered R.O.B.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I am driven by bias and nostalgia to some extent here, so some choices might seem odd.

yes i am biased to boss themes

Super Mario Galaxy | Favorite song: Final Bowser Boss Theme

Dark Souls | Favorite song: Lord of Cinder

Crash Bandicoot 3(for it's time) | Favorite song: Dr. Cortex Boss Theme

Rayman 1| Favorite: Cloak Of Darkness/Mr. Dark Boss Theme

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker | Favorite song: HEAVENS DIVIDE

Klonoa 2 | Favorite song: Seaway

And some miscellaneous song mentions to:

-The Humbling River(Fall Of Cybertron promo)
-Id Serenity(take a wild guess)
-Rain(Armored Core 4)
-Brainiac Maniac(Plants vs Zombies)
-Rainbow Road(Mario Kart DS)

Yes, I'm the oddball when it comes to video game music given my affiliation to the PlayStation. sue me

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
...So is the Shrek talk ogre with? :troll:

On the topic of video game music, I'd also recommend Xenoblade's soundtrack. Holy god is it amazing. Some of the more notable songs:
If you want to play Xenoblade I wouldn't listen to these if I were you just so you can get the first time listening experience, but it's not really going to spoil anything lol

- Main theme
- Engage the Enemy
- Mechanical Rhythm
- Unfinished Battle
- Gaur Plain / Gaur Plain (Night)
- Satorl Marsh (Night)
- Mechonis Field
- Imperial Capital Agniratha / Imperial Capital Agniratha (Night)
- Tragic Decision
Pretty much every song in the game is amazing, but these are just the ones I thought of off the top of my head.
Xenoblade Chronicle's soundtrack is probably the only gaming soundtrack in which almost every song is just pure bliss to my ears. Seriously, I can't think of a single video game soundtrack that matches the quality of Xenoblade Chronicle's, and that's say something. It's extremely difficult to find a single track that is mediocre, at least for me it is. :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well considering RPG's are my favourite video game genre, I suspect your correct. ^_^ Perhaps one day I shall play Tactics Ogre once my backlog has been somewhat depleted. XD

Also, thanks for the compliment in regards to my gif. I thought it was rather appropriate given my comments. :p That and I'm a pretty huge fan of Professor Layton in general. :3
Small world! I'm a huge fan as well.

It appears my birthday came 3 months earlier than expected.... :chuckle:

(Apologizes for the crappy quality of the photo. I was using an old iPod touch and they don't exactly have the greatest camera's :p)
Funny, I was just watching Attack on Titan.

I haven't played it much, but Shadow of the Colossus has some great music. The Opened Way is on par with Gaur Plains for being perfect in every way.
I'll get back to this.

Hong

The Strongest
Understandable if it's Melee Fox since he's OP in that game. It's actually nice not seeing a player win with Melee Fox for a change and I'm a fan of PPMD. (if I recall) I'm bad at remembering names..
For what it's worth, I love Fox in all iterations, including Melee. Just a little vengeful for all the times I've been double shined on a fresh stock.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Small world! I'm a huge fan as well.

Funny, I was just watching Attack on Titan.
Ah nice! It's always a pleasure to meet another huge fan of Professor Layton. :3

One of my favourite animes, as cliche as that may sound given how popular it is. :p The actual figure of Mikasa is of high quality and there are multiple parts that came with the figure so you can make an awesome action pose or something more subdued. It's really a fantastic addition to my other figures. ^_^ That and Mikasa is one of my favourite anime/video game women among Lucina, Naoto, Samus and so on. <3

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I assume we all saw that Robin guide on the front page?

I never knew how useful a dropped Levin sword could be.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Since I began the discussion, here's my picks for amazing soundtracks:

1. The Last of Us:

2. Phantasy Star Online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AXsWrgPRZ0
Highlights:
- Cry, for IDOLA the Holy
- Mother Nature of Dishonesty 1 & 2
- Revolution to the Origin 1 & 2
- From Seeing the Rough Wave
- Growl from the Digital Haze

3. Soulcalibur 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOZsj9K-Kgc
Highlights:
- Under the Star of Destiny
- Eternal Struggle
- Brave Sword, Braver Soul
- Confrontation
- If There Was Any Other Way

4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAMzIihPjAg
Highlights:
- Hyrule Field
- Gerudo Valley
- Spirit Temple
- Saria's Song
- Water Temple

5. Super Mario Galaxy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca7IELhD_mI
Highlights:
- Gusty Garden Galaxy
- Rosalina in the Observatory
- Purple Coins
- Melty Molten Galaxy
- Boldergeist

6. Xenoblade Chronicles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9dP0CJfbQ
Highlights:
- Gaur Plains
- Engage the Enemy
- Mechanical Rhythm
- Unfinished Battle

7. Resident Evil 6 & Revelations

Yes, THAT Resident Evil 6.
The only one of these games I haven't played is Xenoblade Chronicles.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I really wish I could like Monster Hunter. It really sounds like a grand ol' time with friends, and a lot of what it does is really my cup of tea; the controls aren't, however. :ohwell:
Did it.

View attachment 43538

@Elezir, gotta show me up now, I'm counting on you.

In other news:

Nah.

He's the Tactics Ogre.
Amazing! :love:
Oh my yes, I love talking about soundtracks!
  • Bravely Default - weird because I don't even like the game itself, but by the gawds, it's saying something when it's on here.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles - I don't think I have to repeat what many others have said before.
  • Kid Icarus Uprising - what did ya expect when you have some of the most amazing JP composers coming together in one game?
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - although the series itself has amazing music in general
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Zelda: Wind Waker - seconded with what I said with FE
  • Persona 3 - I just love how catchy a lot of the songs are; I think I can definitely add 4 here as well once I'm done playing.
  • Pokémon RSE - thirded with what I said with Zelda
  • Super Mario Galaxy - fourthed with what I said with Pokémon
  • Okami - I looooove Rei Kondoh's work, especially here and what he did in FE:A; I hope he's back for IF
  • Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I don't really have a favorite "soundtrack" - most of my favorite songs come from different games and such.

I guess the soundtracks I come closest to enjoying completely would be Kirby 64's, Sonic Adventure's and Sonic Generations's, Paper Mario's, and Smash Bros. Brawl's and 4's.

Even so, Tropical Resort Act 1, from Sonic Colors, remains my favorite VGM song, with You Will Know Our Names following closely behind, and Windy and Ripply from Sonic Adventure just after that.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Mega Man 2,3,9, X1, X2, Zero series
Soleil/Crusader of Centy
Seiken Densetsu 3
Most Final Fantasy Games
No More Heroes 1 and 2
Shining Force I, II, CD
Most Mario Games
Baldurs Gate 1 and 2
And there's many more, but the list is already quite huge.

Its sad that nobody here has played half the games in my list...
I actually played all but Phantasy Star Online.

And I can agree with most of them.

Also, say what you will about the newer Resident Evil entries, their soundtracks have been great ever since 5.

I honestly can't be the only one to rank Crisis Core's ost among their top 5. Price of Freedom alone makes it a masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJ91H4mraU
Crisis Core's OST is amazing. I had to get used to the weird twangy thing that's used in a lot of the tracks, but it grew on me quite quickly.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Hi guys o/
I figured I'd share this since we're all fire emblem fans, I finally finished my picture of Lucina from a while ago!

Here's the link to it directly to my deviantart also xD
http://zephyrskies.deviantart.com/art/I-Challenge-My-Fate-521245182

M'lady! You have won my heart with your superb drawing skills by creating one of my favourite female video game characters! I am smitten by your sublime strokes and attention to detail. It truly is a work of art and is so beautiful, words alone don't do it justice. C'est Magnifique! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Actually, I've played Soul Caliber 2, Ocarina of Time, Xenoblade Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy and Resident Evil Revelations as well as 6. The only one's I haven't played are The Last of Us and Phantasy Star Online. :p

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh video game sound tracks. Let me see what my favourites are......

Majora's Mask

Skyward Sword

Punch Out (wii)

I haven't play this game, but I still like the sound track :D.

Does Super Smash Bros count as one?

hm......

I not really sure what other ones. I haven't really play to many game series ;-;.

I've play OoT and SMG.........

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I've been away doing stuff. I'll do my favorite soundtracks later. Anyway, the :4robinf: x :4wiifitm: ship continues.

We S-Support on Thursday nights, Maggle!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I've been away doing stuff. I'll do my favorite soundtracks later. Anyway, the :4robinf: x :4wiifitm: ship continues.

We S-Support on Thursday nights, Maggle!
Hm. I've never tried using "_-Support" as a verb before...

Intriguing.

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I just found this out. If you grab Zero suit Samus as Robin, the purple swirling, sparkles and Samus's animations makes it look like Samus is doing some weird funky dance at a disco place. Doubly so on Final Destination, which is virtually a disco-swirly background already. No seriously, it looks that way at least on the 3rd version,(and it probably will on the Wii U if they keep animations the exact same) . Try it. Training mode can make it really easy.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
If it is a fetish, then apparently it is very popular as the entire crowd in the background are cheering like madmen.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
For Pokémon, I love HG/SS, B/W, B2/W2, X/Y, and OR/AS. The Mystery Dungeon spin-offs have some great music too.
Sorry for all the links. I just really like video game music. A lot.
The Mystery Dungeon's had some really nice music, especially for those final story dungeons. I still sometimes tear up every once in a while when I listen to Sky Tower. I should get around to playing the ones after Explorers of Sky, I just put them off since I heard that they were rather mediocre compared to the other two.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
If we're talking about really good game soundtracks, many come to mind, some that i don't see discussed often are the No More Heroes games music, wich i think is really kickass
But there can only be one to rule them all, and you all know wich one i'm talking about

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If we're talking about really good game soundtracks, many come to mind, some that i don't see discussed often are the No More Heroes games music, wich i think is really kickass
But there can only be one to rule them all, and you all know wich one i'm talking about
No More Heroes does have some great music.

I just wish the ending to the sequel was as good as the music...

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I liked a lot of the songs in No More Heroes and the sequel.
No More Heroes does have some great music.

I just wish the ending to the sequel was as good as the music...
Well the main theme of the game is revenge, were you expecting some giant plot twist at the end or something?

Top Bottom