• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
So what does a lord have to do to get some Sonic OCs up in here.
Hedgehog lords?

And jumping onto the bandwagon of looking up the name of the character in your avatar for it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
All I said is I don't like SMTIV and @ Weeman Weeman had to be all dramatic about it a usual.

That's all there is to it.

Weeman being Weeman.

Get ogre it already.
You can't just cast the issue aside like this, you know there are more layers of meaning to this situation!
rRxUPUk.png

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Never unseen
(this isn't mine, thankfully)
this one never gets old
This is why you are one of my most trusted vassals.

and SMT is a pretty fun series if you ask me, I enjoyed most of the games I've played to a degree (minus Devil Survivor 2 which I found meh), I only avoid the first person dungeon crawlers as I hate that and the Raidou games because, frankly, I think they look boring.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So I just watched the Robin tutorial on the front page and it was unexpectedly...cute. I mean, there were some interesting tricks and ideas to consider but the presentation really stole the show. Best part was in the beginning.
:4robinf: "I feel like I have been under-utilized in Smash 4 and I want to bring as much to the table as you do!"
:4lucina:"Umm...yeah...right..."

God this character is great.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ Hong Hong

I'm not the hugest fan of SMT either. I enjoyed IV but that's it, I haven't touched another.

I'm only excited SMT X Fire Emblem because modern day Fire Emblem is a personal dream of mine.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I'm only excited SMT X Fire Emblem because modern day Fire Emblem is a personal dream of mine.
>Modern day Fire Emblem
>For some reason has the mental image of Ike wielding a rifle.

I feel like I need to photoshop that now.:4myfriends:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I still think SMT X FE is "just" going to be SMT with Fire Emblem characters instead of demons.

It's a testament to how good I found SMTIV to be that I'm still hyped for that kind of scenario.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I still think SMT X FE is "just" going to be SMT with Fire Emblem characters instead of demons.

It's a testament to how good I found SMTIV to be that I'm still hyped for that kind of scenario.
It's a...pretty likely scenario, actually.
Just like they did that crossover with Dante and Nocturne, huh.

Hong

The Strongest
You can't just cast the issue aside like this, you know there are more layers of meaning to this situation! View attachment 43504
Just listen to yourself! You're ogre-reacting, here!

All I said is the truth and you are turning green with grief.
You are free to speak your mind, but know your place:

This is MY SWAMP.
My swamp, my rules.

And the rule is that brogres don't bring other brogres down.

High Ogrelord Shrek " S Syrek " McOnions wouldn't want us to squabble like this

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
It's a...pretty likely scenario, actually.
Just like they did that crossover with Dante and Nocturne, huh.
Dante fits in so well in the world of SMT that it's not even funny. It was always meant to be.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Just listen to yourself! You're ogre-reacting, here!

All I said is the truth and you are turning green with grief.
You are free to speak your mind, but know your place:

This is MY SWAMP.
My swamp, my rules.

And the rule is that brogres don't bring other brogres down.

Lord Shrek, Shrek " @ S Syrek " McOnions, wouldn't want us to squabble like this
Donkey'd yourself Hong rRxUPUk.png , you know this war can never be ogre. rRxUPUk.png
Though i agree we should takes this far far away from this thread rRxUPUk.png

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I came for the war and ogre jokes.

Only read Weeman's latest post, so I really dunno what's going on here

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
you're probably the most hardcore 15 year old ever and you're just role playing an innocent teenager :p

Haha, no prob. :3 Hmmmm, fair enough. ^_^ I suspect that's why alot of us choose the avatar we have because it embodies a part of us in some way or another.

Probably for the best lol XD Let me guess, the fan art was them in swim suits or something like that? I think I've seen that pic before. :p
Fair enough :3. That be very true.

Yeah, I think you might be that one you are suggesting. Funny thing is, I was looking up "Robin smash bros memes' and I some how found it :/.

Shin Megami Tensei IV
I believe you know what the Shin Megami Tensei series is ;p
Is it sad that I don't know what that series is?

So I just watched the Robin tutorial on the front page and it was unexpectedly...cute. I mean, there were some interesting tricks and ideas to consider but the presentation really stole the show. Best part was in the beginning.
:4robinf: "I feel like I have been under-utilized in Smash 4 and I want to bring as much to the table as you do!"
:4lucina:"Umm...yeah...right..."

God this character is great.
Wha? What Robin tutorial?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So what does a lord have to do to get some Sonic OCs up in here.
Oooooh no. Nuh uh. Nah. tumblr_inline_nii82ySuns1s6wubd.png .

Whoever knows my real name can look that up on my behalf. Me, I got an INPO.

I was not aware of this. Are they on the eShop, or physical only?
I've acquired Devil Survivor: Overclocked and Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers on the eShop at various times, and on sale no less.

You have the right of it.
I pretty much stopped reading right there and did a little happy dance.
You have to understand, whenever I write the word "interactions" I imagine EpicLloyd's Picasso popping up and saying "Don't use that word like you know what it is."
Yes, I'm getting that looked at.

I agree with the remainder of your thoughts. I share the viewpoint, but not the approach, which is probably just because of how I work. Generally I like to see chaotic inputs and how those play out, which reduces a lot of the interactions you describe to variables.

In a zen sort of way this makes me see the courtship process as not far off from battle conditions in FE - you pick the most advantageous conditions you can and hope that RNGeesus is on your side.
Coincidentally, the most important part of my relationships involve keeping my mouth shut about my view of the mechanics of the relationships
Also there is no weapons triangle for genitalia. I've checked.
But there is a Lunatic+ mode. Being single.

I'll see myself out.

I don't know if I'm more horrified by the OC or the reaction.

Probably the OC.

Conversely the best thing I've seen all day.

Weeman on point tonight.

>Modern day Fire Emblem
>For some reason has the mental image of Ike wielding a rifle.

I feel like I need to photoshop that now.:4myfriends:
On it.

I came for the war and ogre jokes.

Only read Weeman's latest post, so I really dunno what's going on here
No shame in it. Real talk.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
You did the opposite of me, which is honestly wiser since you see them in order. I did 3 first, then EB, and I'll do M1 eventually.
It's been cool seeing the series evolve and how each game refrences the last one it seems.

I'm having a hard time nailing the sound battles. Could be an emulator issue... (-.-(

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Yeah, I played M3 first because Lucas got me interested in the series, and then I played EB because I had heard good things about it (and they were right). Now I'm going to play M1 eventually to complete the series.

And the fan-made Mother 4, when it comes out.

And yeah, I've heard that the emulator messes with the sound battles a little sometimes. You can beat the game without them anyway.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Hello everyone.

I found a nice analysis that accurately pins down Robin's character, which is something I feel like a lot of people don't properly recognize when talking about Robin.
Here.
Just felt like sharing, if anyone is interested.

or perhaps this was posted a few hundred pages ago and I'm being silly. In which case, ignore this.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Browsing 6 or so pages after I've been off for about 2 days has made me see many things.

-Got brought into the :4robinm:/:4robinf: x:4shulk: ship
-Saw talk of SMT IV, which I should probably finish since I stopped after they tried to capture the black samurai
-More experiences with Sonic OC's (which I feel like is our initiation)
-Ike still being Ike if he were in modern times
-Me pulling a mini NonSpecificGuy and liking many posts per second.
-Spoilers in trophies and spoilers in melee, tl;dr = Nintendo is a spoiler
-Weeman is back and with dank memes of Chillan (which don't stop by the way, you gave me some good chuckles)

Top Bottom