• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Er...I'll get back to you later on that with Xenoblade I guess as t's been a while....

I'm about...4 hours in Mother 3. Yes, I'm enjoying Mother 3. Already feels...
Someone summoned me?

And good, good.:lucas: Is this your first game in the series, or have you played EarthBound and/or Mother 1?
Shin Megami Tensei IV, the one on the 3DS.

Think Pokemon, replace Pokemon with gods and all manners of folklore creatures that all want to kill you or all creation, throw in the humans that are just as awful in some regards, and that's basically SMT.
Why have I not played this series yet?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Umm. What manner of ****storm have I started?

Are they (Shin Megumi Tensai) PC games?
They're a spinoff of Shin Megami Tensei, yes. PC? No, I don't think so, just PlayStation I think.

Edit: sorry if I didn't answer your question right. Didn't really know what you were asking.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Good question. IV should still be out and about in some stores, or you can just get the eShop version.

For ~$35, you can have your morals and character tested in the direst of circumstances, all the while killing and befriending sprites, demons, and even the gods of grandeur and devestation themselves in your quest to find your true path.

Also the music is kickass.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Oh, you have NO idea what derailed even is...

Sonic OC's... *shudder*
I derailed the Yaoi discussion and the male Robin/Shulk shipping. It was only a matter of time before the Fangirls of this thread turned their ravenous gaze from Ike and Link to us hapless men of the thread.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I've heard of it before.

Haven't played it though.

Aren't they all on Sony consoles?
What @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan and @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy said.
Also, a lot of spin off of the series are on Nintendo portable consoles, such as Demikids, Strange Journey and Soul Hackers.

And it's the series they are planning a crossover with FE, too.

Er...I'll get back to you later on that with Xenoblade I guess as t's been a while....

I'm about...4 hours in Mother 3. Yes, I'm enjoying Mother 3. Already feels...
Well, of course you are. Mother is awesome:cheep:

I'd say you should fix it, dear.:happysheep:
SMT is quite a good series. I'd say start either with Persona 3 or 4.
My all time favorites are Nocturne and Devil Summoner, though
But Nocturne in particular can be hard if you don't have the hang of the series.

Ah.
Also:
The Thread can never be derailed in this social, though.
We always talk about everything here, anyway.

I derailed the Yaoi discussion and the male Robin/Shulk shipping. It was only a matter of time before the Fangirls of this thread turned their ravenous gaze from Ike and Link to us hapless men of the thread.
That topic was already done, no?:054:
But you did give me a good idea, dear.
I'm off to find a good shipping, just for ya:troll:

Last edited:

Elezir

You know, there's this little game we have here.
Search your name followed by "The hedgehog" on google images and post whatever you find here.
It's fun :4sonic:
:cry:

No. Don't. Just. No.
If you do, you may as well visit the deep web in the meantime.

Shaymikyu

What @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan and @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy said.
Also, a lot of spin off of the series are on Nintendo portable consoles, such as Demikids, Strange Journey and Soul Hackers.

And it's the series they are planning a crossover with FE, too.

Well, of course you are. Mother is awesome:cheep:

I'd say you should fix it, dear.:happysheep:
SMT is quite a good series. I'd say start either with Persona 3 or 4.
My all time favorites are Nocturne and Devil Summoner, though
But Nocturne in particular can be hard if you don't have the hang of the series.

The Thread can never be derailed in this social, though.
We always talk about everything here, anyway.

That topic was already done, no?:054:
But you did give me a good idea, dear.
I'm off to find a good shipping, just for ya:troll:
I'll add it to the huge list I have going of franchises/games I need to check out.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
For all my talk about SMTIV and the SMT series, IV is still the only one I've played.

Don't have a PS3 or PS2 to really get the others. It's the same situation as the Tales series for me.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Or maybe like this?

Oh wait, all I did was just search for "Emelia Clark".

I'm not very good at this, am I?

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Good question. IV should still be out and about in some stores, or you can just get the eShop version.

For ~$35, you can have your morals and character tested in the direst of circumstances, all the while killing and befriending sprites, demons, and even the gods of grandeur and devestation themselves in your quest to find your true path.

Also the music is kickass.

All this talk about SMTIV makes me want to play it for a fourth time. :p Seriously, what an incredible game! It was my first foray into the main Shin Megami Tensei games as I had only played Persona 3 and 4 before playing SMTIV. I was blown away by the incredibly difficult decisions I had to make, the music, the battle system and the rather intriguing story. I've completed the Law, Chaos and neutral sides of the stories just because I could and wanted to see every side of the story. Of course, the neutral side was the most satisfying and it didn't leave me weeping like a little baby because of a certain fight....

Overall, I implore anyone who is even slightly interested in the main SMT games to download it and enjoy a stellar 3DS RPG.

Also, enjoy two more amazing pieces of music from SMTIV! ^o^

Last edited:

Elezir

For all my talk about SMTIV and the SMT series, IV is still the only one I've played.

Don't have a PS3 or PS2 to really get the others. It's the same situation as the Tales series for me.
Most of the relevant SMT games are on PS/PS2. The ones for PS3 are mostly remakes or SMT: P4 Arena, and P5 when it's out.
There tons of remakes of the Persona series for PSP/Vita, though.
and getting a ps2 emulator isnt really hard. The games run pretty well there, too.

Also, Devil Survivor 1 and 2 have remakes for the 3DS. Soul Hacker remake is for the 3DS, as well.

I say you should at least check Devil Survivor out.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Someone summoned me?

And good, good.:lucas: Is this your first game in the series, or have you played EarthBound and/or Mother 1?
I've played both in chronological order. Plus, 4 coming out sometime. (even though that's a fan made game)

Speaking of trophies spoiling stuff in smash. The Great Fox (Assault) trophy in Brawl spoils the ending of that game.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Can't say I enjoyed SMT IV all that much, but the only other main title I played, Nocturne, was great!

Hong

The Strongest
To follow up on your valid points about romance a bit further down, I'd like to restate Sturgeon's Law. I don't figure it's news, nor am I going to claim any expert knowledge in the romance genre, but I presume it applies here as with most everywhere.
Like 90% of my posts.

All I can think to do romance-wise is write them as human beings, let them bump into each other, and let the rest fall where it will. And if they hump, because that's what humans tend to do, then let em. Does that sound like it's on the right track?
Alright sometimes they might need a nudge. But y'know. Plausibility.
You have the right of it.

Those who think love comes with similarity are neither right, nor wrong.
Those who think opposites attract are neither right, nor wrong.

Because ultimately, hornymones aside, love is about balance. Balancing each other out. Someone who likes to eat and someone who likes to cook balance each other out. Someone who plays music and someone who plays music balance each other out. Love thrives off of existence of like variables, regardless of the metaphorical value those variables hold. That is to say, to have a profound negative or positive relationship with an ability, interest, or belief. Of course. similar values in what it means to live are important, regardless.

That is not what you really said, but it's a part of the gist why I like to analyze, read, and write romance. I don't actually like smut so I don't really care for it, nor am I adverse to it; you are right in that it's just part of love. It is a character interaction just like any other more or less.

Well, I'd be lying if I said I never had the mood for a particularly lewd work every now and then, though. A big fan of Starfighter in particular.
:foxmelee:: "Just what i needed to see, Star Hong... "
:wolf:: "You're good, but I'm better!"
:foxmelee:*shines*
:wolf:: "I can't looooooooose!"
Ridley thtread? or perhaps is it something... darker... View attachment 43474

Eh, what could go wrong?
*enters site*
View attachment 43475
Oh my... I think I broke the Weeman again...

You see this Hong Hong ???!!! Are you happy now???!!!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My only real gripe with SMTIV aside from Beezlebub being a gigantic thorn in the ass to hell with almighty attacks is that Navarre and Hope just kinda....stop being relevant after the first tenth of the game. Would have loved to see more of them and the roles they're playing instead of it being The Hugo Show every other important event.

The Navarre Challenge Quest later on isn't enough.

Also, Devil Survivor 1 and 2 have remakes for the 3DS. Soul Hacker remake is for the 3DS, as well.

I was not aware of this. Are they on the eShop, or physical only?

Shaymikyu

I've played both in chronological order. Plus, 4 coming out sometime. (even though that's a fan made game)

Speaking of trophies spoiling stuff in smash. The Great Fox (Assault) trophy in Brawl spoils the ending of that game.
You did the opposite of me, which is honestly wiser since you see them in order. I did 3 first, then EB, and I'll do M1 eventually.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Most of the relevant SMT games are on PS/PS2. The ones for PS3 are mostly remakes or SMT: P4 Arena, and P5 when it's out.
There tons of remakes of the Persona series for PSP/Vita, though.
and getting a ps2 emulator isnt really hard. The games run pretty well there, too.

Thanks to PSN, its now easy to find the once elusive SMT games on PS3 and presumably PS4. They're even cheaper than the original PS2 versions. Got SMT 3, SMT: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Souless Army, and Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abbadon for $30 total and I enjoyed them all, especially Raidou 2.

Elezir

I was not aware of this. Are they on the eShop, or physical only?
Not sure about Devil Survivor 2, since it just got released, but the first one is in the eShop.
I wasn't expensive, either, something around $30 if I put it in dollars, and believe me, it's pretty cheap for a game where I live.
So I'd expect that it's cheaper in Canadian/USA eShop.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
A fun activity we used to do to people at my previous office:

Go into Google. Type your first name, followed by "the hedgehog" and look it up.

It's a nice and easy way to destroy your soul.
The day everything changed
For the better

D

Deleted member

This again?
I searched up my real name and I found this with a tl;dr backstory.

Top Bottom