• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
This thread is just too entertaining for me. I'm going to have to look into sides replacement, because I keep losing mine.

7yrYswA.gif

In other news, I think I've become fully aware that I have an amiibo addiction problem. Thanks to Mario Party 10's amiibo party mode, I've now hunted down a :4mario::4luigi:and :4bowser: amiibo. Now I'm looking towards getting a Toad and/or a:4dk: Probably going to have a good dozen or so of these things once I obtain all the Smash ones I want when they eventually come out.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So @ Raziek Raziek , what do you think of Robin's special sets for EVO?

They have 3113, my go-to for slow or bulky characters.
Considering I made the thread and am a huge customs advocate, everything went swimmingly!

We have every set I use, and a healthy variety of the niche sets.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Considering I made the thread and am a huge customs advocate, everything went swimmingly!

We have every set I use, and a healthy variety of the niche sets.
By the way, if you had to pinpoint Robin's strongest customs, ignoring defaults, what would it be? It seems from your latest matches you've been using speed thunder more, so would it be that one in your view?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
In other news, I think I've become fully aware that I have an amiibo addiction problem. Thanks to Mario Party 10's amiibo party mode, I've now hunted down a :4mario::4luigi:and :4bowser: amiibo. Now I'm looking towards getting a Toad and/or a:4dk: Probably going to have a good dozen or so of these things once I obtain all the Smash ones I want when they eventually come out.
I just bought Toad this morning. I was fortunate that the Toys R Us I went to had a healthy amount of Toad where as all the other places had no Toad but any of the other four. Bowser and Luigi were the most common combination I saw. I also noticed Sonic and Mega Man finally found their way here in my area.

I would love for Nintendo to release a wave of the Koopalings, and the common enemies like Goomba, Bob-omb etc.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I just bought Toad this morning. I was fortunate that the Toys R Us I went to had a healthy amount of Toad where as all the other places had no Toad but any of the other four. Bowser and Luigi were the most common combination I saw. I also noticed Sonic and Mega Man finally found their way here in my area.

I would love for Nintendo to release a wave of the Koopalings, and the common enemies like Goomba, Bob-omb etc.
I'm planning on hitting up several different stores around my area today to look for one. If anything I'll just have to settle for DK.

I would be so happy if they made a Shy Guy amiibo.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, I guess a good tactician has nothing to fear. :4robinf:
Now I proceed to hide.
H-Hey... You can't do that!

Steps of my plan:
1) Assess @ Baskerville Baskerville
2) Make him like us so he'll stay.
3) Convert him to the Church of Sonic OC.

You can't leave us. You can't leave me. Don't leave me here with the likes of people like @ Weeman Weeman . :(

Anything but Weeman.

is it bad the first thing I thought about when reading this was the scene in Sonic and the Black Knight where Sonic first meets Caliburn?
Haven't played.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Speaking of customs, i've been having so much fun using goetia, but i'm not sure how viable it might acrtually be in a tournament.
You can't leave us. You can't leave me. Don't leave me here with the likes of people like @ Weeman Weeman . :(

Anything but Weeman.

Haven't played.
Don't let that Weeman prick ruin your day, you can always Falcon Punch him if he crosses the line. :4falcon:
You hear that Weeman Weeman you shoud be ashamed of yourself!!!

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I've seen my fair share of bad Sonic OCs but.... oh my god it's so badly done why Sonic fans why?
You have seen nothing yet, dear.

Oh.

I don't-
how-
Just.
Oh.

This shall be brought up again and again as long as we talk about Sonic OC's in this thread.

Anyway, the idea of the game is to search for "-your name/nick- the hedgehog" in google images.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I suppose I should slow things down, though if you want to know of the whole Sonic OC thing, you can read the events in motion here. Ever since that day, it has been a Robin forum tradition to get people to Google their first name followed by "the hedgehog". Having seen what their name is associated with, the user's soul is destroyed immediately, never to return, With no soul remaining, we convert the empty vessel into one of our followers, where they in turn can spread our teachings.

Anyway, if you don't mind me asking:

1) Do you like any of the Fire Emblem games?
2) Any of the Mother series games?
3) Besides Rosalina, who do you like playing in Smash Bros?
4) Which video games have your favourite soundtracks?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Sonic OCs again?

Can we stop going around in circles with conversation topics? It's getting stale. I'm finding myself coming here less and less and now I realize why.

I'm going to take bets on the next conversation topic since it's getting so predictable...

Place your bets people, what's next?
We are currently on:
SONIC OCS

What will be next?
FE:A Shipping 1:4
SSB4 Shipping 1:2
Social Thread Regulars Shipping 1:8
FE:A General 1:10
Hunger Games Simulators 1:8
FE OCs 1:24
Robin Tactics 1:32
Plans for a Retaliatory Strike Against the Zelda Social Thread 1:100
FE Shipping 1:2
FE If 1:6
FE:A Music 1:4
General VG Music 1:12
Something Never Before Discussed 1:1,000,000

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
You have seen nothing yet, dear.

This shall be brought up again and again as long as we talk about Sonic OC's in this thread.

Anyway, the idea of the game is to search for "-your name/nick- Sonic OC" in google images.
Legit, I have no words for this.
I suppose I should slow things down, though if you want to know of the whole Sonic OC thing, you can read the events in motion here. Ever since that day, it has been a Robin forum tradition to get people to Google their first name followed by "the hedgehog". Having seen what their name is associated with, the user's soul is destroyed immediately, never to return, With no soul remaining, we convert the empty vessel into one of our followers, where they in turn can spread our teachings.

Anyway, if you don't mind me asking:

1) Do you like any of the Fire Emblem games?
2) Any of the Mother series games?
3) Besides Rosalina, who do you like playing in Smash Bros?
4) Which video games have your favourite soundtracks?
1) I've played a bit of the GBA games (should probably get around to playing those again) and Shadow Dragon so I've liked what I've played.
2) Never played the Mother games. *hides*
3) :4falco: (who is my secondary), :4charizard::4littlemac::4palutena::4robinf::4shulk:
4) The Wonderful 101, Viewtiful Joe 1&2, Xenoblade, Bayonetta 1&2, Metal Slug 1-7, F-Zero GX, and Namco X Capcom just to name several.
For Metal Slug 5, it has the best version of Final Attack in the series imo.
Wonderful 101's Intertwind is easily my favourite track in the game, special shoutouts to the Final Boss Theme, Tables Turn and the Main Theme.
UNITE MORPH!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sonic OCs again?

Can we stop going around in circles with conversation topics? It's getting stale. I'm finding myself coming here less and less and now I realize why.

I'm going to take bets on the next conversation topic since it's getting so predictable...

We are currently on:
SONIC OCS

What will be next?
None of the above.

To you all, if you were in Smash Bros, what kind of a style you'd have in your moves or attacks? Note that you can't tell what moves you'll use, but rather, what playstyle or archetype you'd take.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
By the way, if you had to pinpoint Robin's strongest customs, ignoring defaults, what would it be? It seems from your latest matches you've been using speed thunder more, so would it be that one in your view?
Speed Thunder is the best by far. I use it in a LOT of matchups.

Slow Thunder comes out once in a blue moon.

Fire Wall is great in certain matchups and on certain stages, but overall is not as reliable or as versatile as Arcfire.

I'm going to experiment some with Goetia and Distant Nos to see if maybe I haven't given them enough credit.

If either is worth anything it's prooooobably Goetia. Distant Nos is too precise and basically only is worthwhile for the Arcfire -> DNis combo.

Goetia on the other hand maaaaaay actually have a reasonable use if inly for having a hilariously large hitbox. Might be worth running against the characters that are too fast to land regular Nos on.

I don't think either Elwind or Arcfire+ is worth using at all.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So my night the previous moon consisted of crashing at a friend's house and watching movies.

Started with Song of the Sea, a beautiful and heartwarming Irish movie about fairies and stuff. Worth a watch, if only so you can all point and laugh at Wintropy's national heritage.

Ended with Django Unchained, which is still awesome, although it did get to the point where two of our members had to excuse themselves because of its graphic content. I forget sometimes that my standards of "good times" are not the same as others'.

Also told them about my relationship, in order to vindicate my sudden disappearance from my local social circle. Not sure how my host knew how to respond when I told him I met my partner because of Super Smash Bros, but he seemed to take it in good faith, and a jolly good night was had by all.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP

Fire Wall is great in certain matchups and on certain stages, but overall is not as reliable or as versatile as Arcfire.

I'm going to experiment some with Goetia and Distant Nos to see if maybe I haven't given them enough credit.

If either is worth anything it's prooooobably Goetia. Distant Nos is too precise and basically only is worthwhile for the Arcfire -> DNis combo.

Goetia on the other hand maaaaaay actually have a reasonable use if inly for having a hilariously large hitbox. Might be worth running against the characters that are too fast to land regular Nos on.

I know you use to be a strong advocate for Fire Wall. So which specific matchups did you have in mind for Fire Wall? Would you use it for Diddy for example?

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Morning all. Have an INPO one hour in the making:

So I stuffed myself with dumplings and blocked forts with my ***. Sounds legit to me.

I would consider making the Master Knight an event. Round up the units that would be outright murdered and give them a percentage chance to escape. 50/50, we'll say. All victims get one line to describe how they dodged or fell.

Alternatively, it could be a game limiter. Ensure it doesn't generate before turn 10 or so. Then if the game runs long, this can end it. Or just run it very rarely to begin with.

Be merciful, he only sought to please you.

I trained my Falcon son by cutting to 1/4 speed and feeding him kneecaps until he grew big and strong.

Like you and @Moydow though I could never quite get him to learn the joy of showing his moves. I think high-level amiibo might get that trait worked out of them over time. Mine seemed to stop taunting except for rarely between level 25-35 or so, no matter how much I tried to train them otherwise.

Makes sense, I mean, it doesn't usually kill anyone. Usually. Except for Weegee.

Someone say Deadpool?

View attachment 43744

I feel this way about Shulk and Dedede.

Supposedly Shulk is en route. Supposedly. Dirty Deeds I'll be lucky to snap off a scalper.
He won't be done dirt cheap, is what I'm saying.

I've otherwise been lucky so far, but I haven't even seen preorders for Wave 4 yet and I'm getting a little concerned...

There's a joke about package handlers in here somewhere.

Actually, after marrying Chrom to Olivia in my Frederick Emblem run a support played in the middle of the cutscenes after the two-year skip. I'll check later and see if this was the S-rank or not.

There is no Cynthia but Pega-Pony Princess Cynthia.

No discussion.

Also there's always Smashketball (link's got some language, fair warning). I've wanted to see that at tourney since I found it existed.

Potential stat distributions and SpotPass options.

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor.

And so Unknown Hero embraces his destiny as a Shipping Lord.

For the record I can totally see that one.

Smash Run is pretty goddamn amazing actually. I understand why they couldn't transfer it to Wii U - everyone has their own map to interact on, which requires their own screen, which works best on the 3DS, where they all have their own console - but I wish they would have kept the extra mode in that vein rather than Smash Tour.

Naturally Smash Tour can take a long walk off a short cliff. Random fighters was the stupidest decision ever.

That's it. Drop the mic. See y'all in 12 hours or so.
Even as someone who prefers Gaius/Sumia to Chrom/Sumia, Pega Pony Princess is still the best Cynthia. Heck, the blue hair matches her outfit!
That's a spoiler with context.

Context which you lack. :cheep:
Yay for ignorance! I'm going to preorder it tomorrow, so soon the spoiler avoiding period will end... Well, once I beat it, anyway. Wish it was coming out over break so I could spend more time playing it.

I'm not surprised that Shulk is rare. He's a GameStop exclusive; it's only natural that he would be rare. Hell, the GameStop I went to only had Shulks for pre-orders.
That and he is a character that lacks a lot of merchandise. I suspect characters like him, Robin, and a few others like Ness will be hard to come by for this reason among others.

As for Wave 4, it's probably because there is a strike in a shipping area in China, where amiibos are shipped out to other areas in the world. I think that's why Nintendo hasn't made any remarks in regards to pre-orders.

Well when you are moderating a board where the character in question ships other characters in the game he hails from, it's only natural that shipping between other characters and even users occurs.
We've probably shipped to every country in the world by now with what we've created.
I'm not as worried for Robin because I could see Nintendo producing more for STEAM and likely FE14 will have some Amiibo function. Same with Shulk, actually (aside from the GS exclusive stuff), since Xenoblade 3D has Amiibo function and for all we know, so could X. Ness, though? I'm legitimately terrified.
Sonic OCs again?

We are currently on:
SONIC OCS

What will be next?
You forgot Shulk/Robin x Shulk as a betting option.
JOIN THE DARK SIDE. We have Peanut Cheese Bars.:4ness:

Speaking of Shulk, I was goofing around with him today, and I'm starting to enjoy using him. I'm also remembering that Mario is really good with me. So I'd say my mains in order right now are :4ness::4robinf::4shulk::4mario::4marth:, with some variation in order sometimes.

Hong

The Strongest
Legit, I have no words for this.

1) I've played a bit of the GBA games (should probably get around to playing those again) and Shadow Dragon so I've liked what I've played.
3) :4falco: (who is my secondary), :4charizard::4littlemac::4palutena::4robinf::4shulk:
4) The Wonderful 101, Viewtiful Joe 1&2, Xenoblade, Bayonetta 1&2, Metal Slug 1-7, F-Zero GX, and Namco X Capcom just to name several.
For Metal Slug 5, it has the best version of Final Attack in the series imo.
Wonderful 101's Intertwind is easily my favourite track in the game, special shoutouts to the Final Boss Theme, Tables Turn and the Main Theme.
UNITE MORPH!
1) Good. The GBA games are actually great value and expertly crafted for their time.
2) Nah. No need to hide! Though I will say EarthBound is a life-changing game and worth trying some day.
3) A most agreeable array of characters. There are a few Charizard players around these parts, myself included.
4) Again, all good stuff. We actually recently had people share their favourite game sound tracks and it seems Xenoblade Chronicles and F-Zero GX are among the heavy-hitters.
To you all, if you were in Smash Bros, what kind of a style you'd have in your moves or attacks? Note that you can't tell what moves you'll use, but rather, what playstyle or archetype you'd take.
Melee Fox with Whirling Fortress and Falco's Blaster.

(I know you said not to specify which moves you'd take, but I did it anyway).

Yep.

I think Goetia is great for the aspect that makes Nosferatu the most distinct, as a command grab. Just to be able to land it to begin with is the most important part IMO. Not to say the healing aspect is bad, though. On one hand, you are recovering health. On the other hand, at higher %s (when you would recover the most %), that's also when Robin is most lethal with rage. LS attacks and bthrow in particular can become so scary when a Robin is at high %.

I'll totally back Speed Thunder for a myriad of MUs

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yeah, I've been meaning to give the Mother games a shot but for some reason never got around to it.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Yeah, I've been meaning to give the Mother games a shot but for some reason never got around to it.
Well, there's an opportunity to do so.
You have the time to clear EB and Mother 3 before the fanmade game Mother 4 comes around:roll:
and Mother 1 if you feel like it, though I only recommend that one for big fans of the serie.

Shaymikyu

I'd personally start with EB. It's on the Wii U's eShop, it gives you a good feel for the franchise and isn't very hard (compared to Mother 1- Mother 3 isn't that bad either), and it has a lot of references in SSB compared to the other two plus more fans that reference it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

You mean regular Elwind? or it's variations?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
None of the above.

Fun question!

My archtype would be Occult Detective/Strategist Leader. My moveset would involve buffing myself for a certain time to charge an attack guage, where all my specials would become more effecent. After the time on the buff runs out, however, I'm vulnerble for a set time. My specials would involve PSI ablilities (Projectile, Trap, Teleport, Disable Opponets). Light-Mid weight. Average speed and attacks, with no disjoints in the air.

Basicly a mixure of Ness, Mewtwo, Shulk, Lucario, Mario, and Robin.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I had some free time on my hands today when I decided to personalize my Pikachu amiibo

And now we're matching :D

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If we're willing to talk SpotPass, the best you can get is @ Hong Hong x @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero . I love the erotic undertones between the two rivals, and @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero guarantees sick stats.
Don't you ****ing drag me into whatever sick fantasies you're having. Also don't drag me into this atrocious thread again. I can't stand this god awful character, nor the Fire Emblem: Awakening fans that turned the Fire Emblem franchise into some sick joke.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
In my mind, Speed Thunder is godly. Charge up to elthunder in a snap and you can stop enemies from approaching. Or go for arc thunder for the stun/kill.
Firewall is amazing because of its speed of deployment and orbital bombing potential. If you use it in the air, it slams down to the ground at lighting quick speeds. Because it lasts, it can easily deal with people running around below you waiting to upsmash the moment you come near.
I don't like Goetia because its really, really slow(And doesn't give you any health back). Even though the radius is big, it can't manage to nab the faster characters who'll dash attack you before you finish. Some will say "Predict" but if you can predict, I would not be using Goetia and using my jab/arcfire/Levinsword instead.
My optimal set is Speed thunder, Elwind 1, Fire wall, nosferatu 1.
But I don't play in tournaments or anything so who knows?

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Don't you ****ing drag me into whatever sick fantasies you're having. Also don't drag me into this atrocious thread again. I can't stand this god awful character, nor the Fire Emblem: Awakening fans that turned the Fire Emblem franchise into some sick joke.
descarga (6).jpg

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
In my mind, Speed Thunder is godly. Charge up to elthunder in a snap and you can stop enemies from approaching. Or go for arc thunder for the stun/kill.
Firewall is amazing because of its speed of deployment and orbital bombing potential. If you use it in the air, it slams down to the ground at lighting quick speeds. Because it lasts, it can easily deal with people running around below you waiting to upsmash the moment you come near.
I don't like Goetia because its really, really slow(And doesn't give you any health back). Even though the radius is big, it can't manage to nab the faster characters who'll dash attack you before you finish. Some will say "Predict" but if you can predict, I would not be using Goetia and using my jab/arcfire/Levinsword instead.
My optimal set is Speed thunder, Elwind 1, Fire wall, nosferatu 1.
But I don't play in tournaments or anything so who knows?
Speed Arcthunder kills? I thought the stun wasn't long enough for follow-ups? Or am I missing something here?

Shaymikyu

Well, I'm sorry for becoming a Fire Emblem fan. I guess I'm not a real fan since I joined because of Awakening.
@ Elezir Elezir
@ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu
Thanks for the recommendations!
I'll give the first game a shot to get a good feel for what I'm in for.
You're welcome. EB starts off slow, in my opinion, but it gets better and better as you go along.

Top Bottom