• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
They don't, barring marriage.

See?

Thanks for that.
Actually, their supports with the second generation characters (save Morgan) are different from each other, as well as the Spotpass characters. For example, Noire tries to think of F!Robin as a substitute mother in their supports, while M!Robin tries to help Noire rest from all of her exhaustion and self-anxiety.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Actually, their supports with the second generation characters (save Morgan) are different from each other, as well as the Spotpass characters. For example, Noire tries to think of F!Robin as a substitute mother in their supports, while M!Robin tries to help Noire rest from all of her exhaustion and self-anxiety.
Damn school wifi prevented me from answering sooner.

They remain unchanged mostly for the first-gen characters. Second gen is another story.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Robin doesn't seem very friendly to me. I did have to use him in order to complete some solo mode challenges, but the way he fights just doesn't work well for my tastes.

M@v

Subarashii!
I can already tell Robin's going to be one of my least favorite character to play against since he/she is super campy. I still like playing as the character a lot, but still. Have any of you had the misfortune to play in a Robin Ditto yet? X_X

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
All Robin mirrors are contractually obligated to start by both players charging thunder to thoron.

No seriously, every single one I played started like that.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Literally all my Robin mirrors happened when my opponent gets bodied and switches to Robin.

Needless to say someone like that has no chance.

M@v

Subarashii!
All Robin mirrors are contractually obligated to start by both players charging thunder to thoron.

Except the part that Arc Thunder is arguably better with the exception of slower travel speed >;3

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326

my start of matches go: opponent charges thoron, I launch an arcfire(so used to fighting rush down chars), then start charging to arcthunder.
Then we stare at each other for at least 10 seconds working on our flawless plan to decimate the inferior tactician before us.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I can already tell Robin's going to be one of my least favorite character to play against since he/she is super campy. I still like playing as the character a lot, but still. Have any of you had the misfortune to play in a Robin Ditto yet? X_X
Every time I've had to fight a Robin, it's been a pain (outside of maybe when I'm playing as Robin myself sometimes). Getting past those spells is a huge pain.

:4littlemac: is still my true kryptonite, though. :4rob: can be a pain too, and surprisingly for me, :4ness:. I was shocked that :4pit: and :4darkpit: aren't as painful for me to fight considering I always dreaded fighting :pit: back in Brawl.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I think Projectiles are going to be super inmportant in this game, i've played like 300+ matches as Captain Falcon and getting past them can be a real pain, of course this also has to do with the nature of FD stages, where staying on the edge and playing safe is really key for these characters.
Also :rosalina: is the bane of my existence.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I just thought of the funniest thing for Ike.

:4myfriends:: I can only fight for some many friends, which is why I carry NO SYMPATHY'

or

:4myfriends:: 'I can only give no sympathy so many times, which is why I fight for my FRIENDS'

also @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I might read, but I'm just to lazy, you now, tipping scales and all.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Characters with projectile reflectors/absorbers: Barring custom moves, characters with an innate ability to reflect or absorb projectiles, such as Mario/Dr Mario, Fox/Falco, Rosalina, and Link can force Robin to approach and risk fighting with his subpar close combat, as attempting to fire against a smart player will usually result in a Thoron being reflected back at you or at worst nullified.
shouldn't that last sentence read "at best nullified"? since having a fully-charged Thoron reflected back at you is probably worse than it just disappearing. (this has probably been asked before, but can Villager pocket Robin's magic? also Dedede can eat anything weaker than Thoron)
That aside it's a pretty good intro to Robin.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
shouldn't that last sentence read "at best nullified"? since having a fully-charged Thoron reflected back at you is probably worse than it just disappearing. (this has probably been asked before, but can Villager pocket Robin's magic? also Dedede can eat anything weaker than Thoron)
That aside it's a pretty good intro to Robin.
You're right. I was thinking of worst case scenarios, and to me wasting a Thoron was the worst case due to brain farting.

It's been revised.

It's going to be toppled eventually, but being the top guide in the Smash 3DS/U section is a really great feeling.

:4shulk:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I found something really awesome yestarday. I was vs a CPU Ike on Arena Ferox with smash balls on trying to hit him because Robin's FS is so AWESOME (though I missed once and Ike got me twice, KOing me once:glare:). Anyway, I still beat him and the victory scene went to the one with M!Robin and Chrom and I was expecting "It seems our fates are Joined', but instead, I hear Chrom voice and he said,
"My strength (dramatic pause) is yours".
I was so shocked, happy and surprised that he would say that line but what makes interesting was that line isn't in Robin sound test, at all. I wonder why. I was such an awesome thing though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I just went to test this against a random CPU, and the random CPU just happened to be... Lucina
so the CPU really does read your mind to perfect-shield you

Shaymikyu

What Chrom victory quote are you talking about? I know the Robins get a special line with Chrom sometimes when they beat Lucina, and sometimes Chrom speaks and sometimes it's Robin on the normal Chrom/Robin victory screen. Is there some rumor about triggering it more?

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
What Chrom victory quote are you talking about? I know the Robins get a special line with Chrom sometimes when they beat Lucina, and sometimes Chrom speaks and sometimes it's Robin on the normal Chrom/Robin victory screen. Is there some rumor about triggering it more?
No, no rumour, I just random vs Ike on Arena Ferox with Smash balls on and won and got a victory pose of Chrom and M!Robin and quote from Chrom saying;

'My strength is Yours'

I don't know how I did it though.

Shaymikyu

No, no rumour, I just random vs Ike on Arena Ferox with Smash balls on and won and got a victory pose of Chrom and M!Robin and quote from Chrom saying;

'My strength is Yours'

I don't know how I did it though.
I've gotten that too, but I don't remember the specifics. It wasn't against Ike, though, so if it's caused by anything, it's either Arena Ferox or Smash Balls. I don't think it's just Arena Ferox alone because I'm pretty sure I've gotten the "I've got your back" from Robin there before.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten that too, but I don't remember the specifics. It wasn't against Ike, though, so if it's caused by anything, it's either Arena Ferox or Smash Balls. I don't think it's just Arena Ferox alone because I'm pretty sure I've gotten the "I've got your back" from Robin there before.
What I find strange is that it is not in the sound test for M!Robin. I wonder about F!Robin though.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Hey guys, I found something really awesome yestarday. I was vs a CPU Ike on Arena Ferox with smash balls on trying to hit him because Robin's FS is so AWESOME (though I missed once and Ike got me twice, KOing me once:glare:). Anyway, I still beat him and the victory scene went to the one with M!Robin and Chrom and I was expecting "It seems our fates are Joined', but instead, I hear Chrom voice and he said,
"My strength (dramatic pause) is yours".
I was so shocked, happy and surprised that he would say that line but what makes interesting was that line isn't in Robin sound test, at all. I wonder why. I was such an awesome thing though.
I have yet to hear that with :4robinf:, so I'm assuming that it's found only with :4robinm:.

Guess I'll have to check that out myself.

Shaymikyu

What I find strange is that it is not in the sound test for M!Robin. I wonder about F!Robin though.
I don't hear it in hers either.
I have yet to hear that with :4robinf:, so I'm assuming that it's found only with :4robinm:.

Guess I'll have to check that out myself.
The line about fates being joined is only for M!Robin (F!Robin gets "I have your back"), but I've definitely heard "my strength is yours" as F!Robin, seeing as I've played almost exclusively her.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
So, have any of you guys found Link mii hate in Smash 3ds, cause I really want to know if it's in there. If it's not.......

SAKURIAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Um, where is everyone?

Hey @ Hong Hong , when you suggested I have a conversation, did you mean on his profile page or a private conversation. Sorry if it looks like I'm double post, but I really just had to ask this question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
Hey @ Hong Hong , when you suggested I have a conversation, did you mean on his profile page or a private conversation. Sorry if it looks like I'm double post, but I really just had to ask this question.
I meant the conversation feature.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I think the Chrom quote isn't in Robin audio because it's not Robin saying it. It might be listed somewhere else as "Other"?
Chrom has at least 3 lines, so it's likely.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
now I'm kinda hoping that in the WiiU version we can see Chrom fallen to the floor on Robins applause screen
"Maybe we'll get our chance another day"

Last edited:
Top Bottom