• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Player -0

Smash Hero
Well, Robin did try to kill Chrom, so there is a connection, I think
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFHERHGIG

SPOILERS POLEASEEGHRTGUYUKYUTKYHY<IWKHW$TW%#OGWRBMAEA

Going to try to forget that. Trying hard.

MRTRHKNHMKD JRMWMYDHFNTWERHIHNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJGIRENGTRMFDOQGETIOJhbabn lgenhetowetigu031984903582659479gojvfn knbdsfhjHFKMBMMEN

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

MRTRHKNHMKD JRMWMYDHFNTWERHIHNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJGIRENGTRMFDOQGETIOJhbabn lgenhetowetigu031984903582659479gojvfn knbdsfhjHFKMBMMEN
Happens right off the bat, dude.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I don't know what your one about. seriously, what are you saying

Edit: If you're angry that I spoiled something, I really didn't, it happens in the first 5 minutes of the game.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
As mentioned before, it's basically the first scene of the game. I was actually very confused and thought I had skipped a good chunk of the game or something.:dkmelee:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
So........ Rosalina's a ******. She can complete shut down your set ups with the like down special, cheap *** move, and don't even get me started on Luma. However, I think I have found a way to deal with her. First, take out luma. After that, start to rack up some damage on Rosalina. When she is at a kill%, change up a Thoron and wait for the perfect moment. When that time comes, unleash you lighting beam of death. As it goes threw everything and can't be stopped be luma shield, you get an easy kill from a safe distance.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Fire Emblem Awakening is just filling to the brim with Star Wars references. We have:

• Unexpected familial ties
  • Tragic bromances
  • Evil empires and religious cults
  • The wise, ancient mentor/guide. Who is also green. (Yoda and Naga)
  • Chosen Ones
  • Ruggish scoundrels (Gaius, Han Solo)
  • Token non-humans that are either the comic relief (Nowi, Yarne, Jar Jar), or absolute badasses (Panne, Chewbacca)
  • Said scoundrel and non-human badass also show up in the same chapter of the game (Seriously!)
  • The next generation taking up the torch in the future
  • Tomboyish princesses (Lissa and Leia)
  • Bloated, greedy villains who exist to be hated (Excellus and Jabba)
  • The hero being supported by those who believe in him/her, in their darkest hour ("Use the Force Luke!", and the Shepherds calling out Robin's name in the final chapter)
And the dragon form of Grima is obviously a reference to the Death Star, what with their power to destroy civilizations, the final battles taking place on them, and their resulting destruction.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Fire Emblem Awakening is just filling to the brim with Star Wars references. We have:

• Tragic bromances
  • Chosen Ones
  • Token non-humans that are either the comic relief (Nowi, Yarne, Jar Jar), or absolute badasses (Panne, Chewbacca)
  • Said scoundrel and non-human badass also show up in the same chapter of the game (Seriously!)
  • Bloated, greedy villain that exists to be hated (Excellus and Jabba)
  • The hero being supported by those who believe in him/her, in their darkest hour ("Use the Force Luke!", and the Shepherds calling out Robin's name in the final chapter)
And the dragon form of Grima is obviously a reference to the Death Star, what with their power to destroy civilizations, the final battles taking place on them, and their resulting destruction.
Huh, that's interesting. I'm not really knowledgeable about Star Wars, but the existence of so many similarities is curious, to say the least.

I guess that explains this old thing.

Shaymikyu

• Tragic bromances
  • Chosen Ones
  • Bloated, greedy villain that exists to be hated (Excellus and Jabba)
*Farm boy has his home attacked and leaves to fight (Donnel/Luke).
*Mentor/highly regarded figure sacrifices themselves for the greater good (Emmeryn/Obi Wan).
*Dark magic user who constantly taunts hero at how inevitable his/her turn to the Dark Side is (Validar/Palpatine).

I was thinking about which Star Wars characters and Awakening characters would match up, but I was stuck on Han Solo. Gaius is PERFECT.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Speaking of Star Wars, here's the throne room scene at the end of "A New Hope", but without the music.

Kind of reminds me of my everyday life outside here.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Well I know it's possible by holding Wind Jab combo too long, but overall I'm pretty happy they only limit your Recovery if you deserve to be punished in the first place. XD

Does the book go back to full if you die? That should explain that your recovery never breaks. When you're getting to using it, you're usually not living too long anymore.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

• Tragic bromances
  • Chosen Ones
  • Bloated, greedy villain who exist to be hated (Excellus and Jabba)
Aside from this, there's also the little shoutouts, like Frederick saying UNNACCEPTABLE(Adventure Time) and "My body is ready"(Regginator), Gregor saying "What horrible night to have curse, yes?"(Castlevania 2) and Gaius saying "If you are looking for a ransom, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have is a very particular set of honey cakes..." ( actually a reference to Taken).

This game knows it's humor well.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Aside from this, there's also the little shoutouts, like Frederick saying UNNACCEPTABLE(Adventure Time) and "My body is ready"(Regginator), Gregor saying "What horrible night to have curse, yes?"(Castlevania 2) and Gaius saying "If you are looking for a ransom, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have is a very particular set of honey cakes..." ( actually a reference to Taken).

Needs more Regginator shoutouts.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Speaking of Star Wars, here's the throne room scene at the end of "A New Hope", but without the music.

Kind of reminds me of my everyday life outside here.
That final Chewie roar made my day.

Now, I'm wondering-

Has anyone ever had their Wind tome break in a normal battle?
I have, but only in situations where I lived way past what I should have (roughly 150+% and beyond). However, it has never been my cause of death, since it has always been ready again when I needed it. And yes, dying resets all your charges.
Somehow I'm quite good at outsurviving my enemy and then landing that clutch Nosferatu for full effect once they are back alive.

Actually, I barely care about the durabilities at all. I just happily spam the Levin Swords and Arcfire and get away with it due to the short cooldowns. I use Thoron whenever I get the chance, too. The only thing I'm conservative with is Nosferatu since it actually takes some time to recharge and is highly punishable anyways.
Of course, knowing when you have something NOT available is key to playing like that.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I must find the supports for all of these, especially the Gaius one.

Elwind breaking was one of my biggest fears using Robin, so I'm glad it seems unfounded.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I must find the supports for all of these, especially the Gaius one.

Elwind breaking was one of my biggest fears using Robin, so I'm glad it seems unfounded.
Unacceptable - Maribelle Frederick

Taken - Gaius Robin

Castlevania - Gregor Noire

Reggie - Frederick Robin

Shaymikyu

Unacceptable - Maribelle Frederick

Taken - Gaius Robin

Castlevania - Gregor Noire

Reggie - Frederick Robin
Which Robin? Or are the conversations similar for both Robins?:4greninja:'d.

If it is female Robin, maybe I'll have to S-Support him once... I already have my next run planned, though.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

They don't, barring marriage.

See?

Thanks for that.
I think it depends on the character. For instance, the supports with Chrom and Lucina are much different for both Robins. I glanced at Laurent's for my next run, and that seems to be the case there, too. I haven't looked at Lon'qu's male Robin one, but I'd assume it's somewhat different since the female one is about her trying to make him more comfortable around women like her.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think it depends on the character. For instance, the supports with Chrom and Lucina are much different for both Robins. I glanced at Laurent's for my next run, and that seems to be the case there, too. I haven't looked at Lon'qu's male Robin one, but I'd assume it's somewhat different since the female one is about her trying to make him more comfortable around women like her.
Ok. there are certain differences at times, but it's mostly the same.

Top Bottom