• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'd hate to be the barer of bad news, but I have something to say. :4link: (and to an extent, :4tlink:) shield is OP.
I am not lying. I kept reading in Tips that said Link's shield can block anything, no matter how strong.

I was all like ***** please, it can possible block Thoron. So I went to training mode, Playing as Robin with Link Sand bag, Charged up a Thoron.... completely blocked with his shield. I was just flabber gasted. I didn't know what to say. So I tried it while holding B and found something else. The beam with still hit Link but only near the end and only sometimes, not all the time.

link's shield can also block arctunder, eltunder and Thunder and Arcfire too, but that depends on where it hits. Toon LInk's shield, though, can block thunder, elthunder and Arcthunder, but not thoron for some reason. Dam, this hurts Robin.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Hey guys, I'd hate to be the barer of bad news, but I have something to say. :4link: (and to an extent, :4tlink:) shield is OP.
I am not lying. I kept reading in Tips that said Link's shield can block anything, no matter how strong.

I was all like ***** please, it can possible block Thoron. So I went to training mode, Playing as Robin with Link Sand bag, Charged up a Thoron.... completely blocked with his shield. I was just flabber gasted. I didn't know what to say. So I tried it while holding B and found something else. The beam with still hit Link but only near the end and only sometimes, not all the time.

link's shield can also block arctunder, eltunder and Thunder and Arcfire too, but that depends on where it hits. Toon LInk's shield, though, can block thunder, elthunder and Arcthunder, but not thoron for some reason. Dam, this hurts Robin.
I haven't had too much issue yet with it in the main game, but in the demo, it gave me a headache. So many of my usual strategies go out the window against the Links.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I haven't had too much issue yet with it in the main game, but in the demo, it gave me a headache. So many of my usual strategies go out the window against the Links.
Still, it would be annoying as **** it you are vs Link and you are both at high %, you get the perfect opportunity to kill with Thoron, but before it hits him, he goes into a slow walk or idle stand and just tanks you Thoron.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Well i'ts really easy to punish people who stand around and do nothing, wich is what Link needs to do in order to block your tomes, just play it smart and don't be affraid to be a little aggresive, bait him, grab him, dash attck him, etc.
Robin is a pretty adaptable character, you don't need to play defensive exclusively.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Well i'ts really easy to punish people who stand around and do nothing, wich is what Link needs to do in order to block your tomes, just play it smart and don't be affraid to be a little aggresive, bait him, grab him, dash attck him, etc. Robin is a pretty adaptable character, you don't need to play defensive exclusively.
I mean, Link could just walk up to Robin while still being able to defend and attack too. Sorry, I just like rooting for both Link and M!Robin cause I am having trouble deciding my main's and secondaries

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Link's shield blocks Mega Man's fully charged f-smash.
That shield ain't no joke.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Technically this thread will now be squished by Godzilla. PREPARE TO BE SQUISHED.

But really I just lol'd when I saw the Godzilla gifs. This stomp should be his Down Smash with side bursts like D3 and Robin.
That thing is not Godzilla.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Robin thread is the best place on SmashBoards to get new emoticons. Like omg

Edit -
reminds me of
I'm glad you like 'em.

Remember, any time you (or anyone) would like one made, feel free to ask!

But the punch is mightier than the sword! View attachment 27384
But is it mightier than the Levin Sword? :4robinm:
Judging by how difficult the match-up is, I'd say the answer is "yes."

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
omg those Godzilla gifs
out of curiosity, is there any stages where Robin performs significantly worse on 3DS?

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you like 'em.

YOUNG LINK, YOUNG LINK:younglinkmelee::younglinkmelee::younglinkmelee:. Also, nothing can beat the Master Sword.

Acutally, @ Hong Hong , @Lizardon, or any others, do any of you know any of the developers of the Project M mod? cause I have a questions, (more of a request) to ask

Shaymikyu

Robin thread is the best place on SmashBoards to get new emoticons. Like omg

Edit -
reminds me of
We need some sort of stickied post/board just so we can remember where to access these emoticons. That or I should just bookmark the post with them.

I'm glad you like 'em.

Petition to make that Toon Link one an official smiley.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Dang, I missed all of the Godzilla gifs. Right now, I just wish I had more time to play.

Last edited:

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
We need some sort of stickied post/board just so we can remember where to access these emoticons. That or I should just bookmark the post with them.
*right click image*
*view image*
*bookmark link*

Alternatively, all of them are on my Imgur account:

http://shrooby.imgur.com/all/

"Another happy costumer."

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I need an excuse to use this one.
Imgur's weird...

Just for future reference, when you click on an image in my "gallery" you'll be taken a slideshow thingy.
Once there, click on the cog in the upper right corner and then click "view full resolution."

It'll make the difference between getting this:

versus this:

I can tell you did the former for "IT IS ME. MARIO." because the actual image is bigger. :p

Alternatively, you can right click on the thumbnail in my "gallery," click "open in new tab/window" and then just click on the image to get to the raw file link.

Shaymikyu

I knew that. I just didn't know if posting the larger image would ruin the effect of it being a smiley or not.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I knew that. I just didn't know if posting the larger image would ruin the effect of it being a smiley or not.
Ah, I apologize, then.

So, you want something like this?

Or does it kinda lose the effect without the text? :4dedede:

Does anybody else have an issue where smashboards WONT alert you when a watched thread gets a reply? Or when like all of your watched threads get replies?

Cause that happened and I forgot about this beautiful social forgive me father for I have sinned :substitute:

Shaymikyu

Ah, I apologize, then.

So, you want something like this?

Or does it kinda lose the effect without the text? :4dedede:
It's funnier with the text, but I'll still save that.:4iggy:

I don't mind the bigger pictures as long as there aren't any rules against them.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Does anybody else have an issue where smashboards WONT alert you when a watched thread gets a reply? Or when like all of your watched threads get replies?
:substitute:
Nope, that just randomly happens from time to time. Probably because Crashboards.

But the punch is mightier than the sword! View attachment 27384
Really? No one with the obvious one? Guess it's up to me...

But I'm no ordinary Swordsman!
:4robinm:

Petition to make that Toon Link one an official smiley.
That Toon Link is pretty rad but it's no Sakurai!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Cause that happened and I forgot about this beautiful social forgive me father for I have sinned :substitute:
Yup.

Happens all the time.

Hong

The Strongest
Thunder.

Elthunder...

Arcthunder!

aaaaand...
THORON!!!!!!

I thought of doing it but was to late. Though it is very true.

Also @ Hong Hong , I think I know Strong Bad. Isn't he the really good Toon Link PM player?
Pretty sick Wario and DK.

It's also the name we curse whenever something goes wrong.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Thunder.

Elthunder...

Arcthunder!

aaaaand...
THORON!!!!!!

Pretty sick Wario and DK.

It's also the name we curse whenever something goes wrong.
ARCFIRE

ELWIND

NOSFURATU

Hm, could have swear that I have seen him in the Toon Link thread for PM. Anyway, where may I find him? Got a question about Tink and Young Link

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
You have so many tomes...!
I can only use them so many times, Which is why I care my LEVIN SWORDS.

Edit: @ Hong Hong is Strong Bad busy or something because on his profile page, it has his last comment on Saturday and I have wrote a comment and has replied. sorry, I'm just really anxious

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Is it just me, or is Robin less excited when she says Nosferatu? I get why she's less enthusiastic about Thunder, but she yells the rest and just kind of says, "Nosferatu," as in, "yep, this attack." I haven't played as male Robin much, so I can't say if this holds true for him.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or is Robin less excited when she says Nosferatu? I get why she's less enthusiastic about Thunder, but she yells the rest and just kind of says, "Nosferatu," as in, "yep, this attack." I haven't played as male Robin much, so I can't say if this holds true for him.
It's dark magic, so to me, his trying to sound mysterious and dark, which works. Though I don't know why he sometimes just says, 'NASSS' when he is healing.

Top Bottom