• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SphealWithIt

Smash Rookie
Male Robin and Cordelia
Chrom and Sumia
Lon'Qu and Cherche (This one is my absolute favorite)
Henry and Olivia
Libra and Panne
Gaius and Tharja (This one suprised me but it was sweet)
Sully and Kellam
Stahl and Lissa
Donnel and Nowi
Maribelle and Ricken

These guys I honestly don't like most the pairings I've tried with then so far, but these are my favorites that I've tried.

Frederick: Maribelle (Also tried Cordelia)
Gregor: Nowi
Virion: Sully (I actually really liked this one but I liked Sully and Kellam better)
Miriel: Ricken

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Thanks for all the help on the Olivia thing. Apparently, you only find out that Chrom marries Olivia after the save point, while with Sumia, it's before (I think). I ended up doing the whole level over again. ;_;
And I already had his other potential wives married.

Question: If Chrom could marry any female that you get before chapter 11 besides Lissa (for obvious reasons), Cordelia (Because it makes no sense for Cordelia to still be pining for Chrom after they marry each other), and Panne (Because Lucina can't be half taguel), who would you make marry Chrom.

I would do Miriel. She's a shepherd, so they've probably known each other for a long time, and I feel like Miriel's logical nature would make her a very good ruler. I dunno. It just feels right.
Nowi. Or Tharja, with the headcanon of Robin set her up on a date with Chrom.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
How do you deal with Captain Falcon and ZSS as Robin? D:

They're both really annoying, and I can handle them as Little Mac just fine even though I want Robin to be my primary.

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
How do you deal with Captain Falcon and ZSS as Robin? D:

They're both really annoying, and I can handle them as Little Mac just fine even though I want Robin to be my primary.
Maybe it would be better to ask this on the match-up thread? There's plenty of good advice running through there and when someone answers your question it would help others who read that thread.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I don't really have "favorite" matchups in Awakening, but there's a few that are clearly the best at producing strong children. (Libra x Tharja is pretty good, for example)

Just a few I wouldn't want differently are Tharja x Henry and Robin x Chrom because they feel right. I married Lucina on my first run but that's just because I like her >.>
So I didn't mess up Noire on my first playthrough... I've done Tharja and Henry up to A support before, so I'm thinking of doing S with either them (if I don't do Henry/Sumia) in my third playthrough. Henry on my male playthrough is already taken by Olivia.
Thanks for all the help on the Olivia thing. Apparently, you only find out that Chrom marries Olivia after the save point, while with Sumia, it's before (I think). I ended up doing the whole level over again. ;_;
And I already had his other potential wives married.

Question: If Chrom could marry any female that you get before chapter 11 besides Lissa (for obvious reasons), Cordelia (Because it makes no sense for Cordelia to still be pining for Chrom after they marry each other), and Panne (Because Lucina can't be half taguel), who would you make marry Chrom.

I would do Miriel. She's a shepherd, so they've probably known each other for a long time, and I feel like Miriel's logical nature would make her a very good ruler. I dunno. It just feels right.
I'd actually choose Panne, but since you said we can't choose her, I'd go Miriel. She's the only initial shepherd from the first few chapters that can't marry him already outside of Lissa and the males, and Laurent as Lucina's brother could be interesting. Their normal support does give me a vibe that he'd make a good brother to her, to be honest. Plus, another bookish queen for Chrom outside of Robin would be fun. She could advance Ylisse in science!

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Question: What is your favorite ship for each character that has a child (Sumia, Cherche, Chrom etc)? Try not to overlap ships, but if you are a very big fan of both ships, then you can make an exception.
I don't have them quite worked out yet since I don't know all supports, but these are my favorites so far:

Male Avatar: Tiki
Female Avatar: Chrom
Chrom: Sully (or Olivia/female Avatar in case you can't live without Galeforce Lucina)
Lissa: Henry (Not that much a fan of the support, but it gets me a blonde Owain)
Sumia: Chrom or Gaius
Sully: Chrom or Stahl
Maribelle: Frederick
Panne: Lon'qu
Nowi: Ricken or Donnel
Cordelia: Gregor
Miriel: Virion (I don't really like either so they deserve each other, and white haired Laurent looks kinda neat)
Tharja: Vaike (A support shows both in not-complete-asshat-mode)
Olivia: Gregor or Chrom
Cherche: Libra (Not a huge fan of Cherche and her schtick in general, but (blonde) Gerome is very neat :3)

EDIT:
BTW, if any of you stumble over good artwork of male grandmaster Robin, let me know.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I really love Robin! He just feels so good. Though I'm having trouble with the smash attacks in the air.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Just a fun little poll- if DLC palettes and costumes became a reality (there's no hint of it right now, but it's fun to think about it), what costumes would you want to see for Robin?

My votes are Grandmaster, Dread Fighter and Bride, Dark Flier for female Robin (this one is the biggest pipe dream), hood up or jacketless, and Morgan for both (complete Alph treatment). Including other hairstyles would be neat too, or just more colors that aren't just "jacket color with matching hair color."

EDIT: Forgot Mage costumes. It's never happening, but I love the Mage outfits, preferably with Ricken's or Miriel/Laurent's hat.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Just a fun little poll- if DLC palettes and costumes became a reality (there's no hint of it right now, but it's fun to think about it), what costumes would you want to see for Robin?

My votes are Grandmaster, Dread Fighter and Bride, Dark Flier for female Robin (this one is the biggest pipe dream), hood up or jacketless, and Morgan for both (complete Alph treatment). Including other hairstyles would be neat too, or just more colors that aren't just "jacket color with matching hair color."
Male Robin with Blonde hair (and a neat Robe colour), Grandmaster, Hooded, a proper Soren alt, Morgan.
In that order.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I've betrayed Robin for Villager as of late, hence why I have not been around.

Something about the lack of a serious demeanour in her character makes those brutal KOs never lose their charm.

When I play as Robin, it is a gesture of mercy. Even discarded tome kills have a shed of dignity compared to losing to that... thing.

Shaymikyu

I've betrayed Robin for Villager as of late, hence why I have not been around.

Something about the lack of a serious demeanour in her character makes those brutal KOs never lose their charm.

When I play as Robin, it is a gesture of mercy. Even discarded tome kills have a shed of dignity compared to losing to that... thing.
Villager's an absolute blast. I thought she'd be higher up my list of mains when I played her in the demo. She's still at least a secondary. If I get better with her, she could become main material. Helps that AC is one of my favorite series (been neglecting my poor town for school and SSB and soon Pokémon OR/AS, though).

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I've been sticking mainly with Robin, but all of Oklahoma wants me to go back to using Sonic since I used him in Brawl and they liked seeing me play with him and they wanted me to use him more now that's he's been buffed everywhere, lol.

As of now I've used Sonic just to secure the first game against Little Mac players so that I have stage control for the third game if I need it. Aside from that, it's been all Robin.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Villager's an absolute blast. I thought she'd be higher up my list of mains when I played her in the demo. She's still at least a secondary. If I get better with her, she could become main material. Helps that AC is one of my favorite series (been neglecting my poor town for school and SSB and soon Pokémon OR/AS, though).
Been playing NL for over a year and still going strong. \o/ Aside from villagers rudely moving in over my flowers, been going great.
I was missing you c:

Shaymikyu

Robin is still my main main, but ZSS has given her a run for her money. I kind of consider them about equal in mainness right now. New ZSS is everything I was hoping for when it was revealed she was severed from Samus and more. Shulk has also been holding up really strong for me. He may or may not surpass WFT now. I still need to get better at timing his Final Smash, though. I miss more often than connect.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Oh @ Hong Hong , I was worried that you stopped noticing me. But if you really prefer Villager over Robin, then I guess that's that... :crying:

I can't exactly say that I've been using Charizard very much ever since I got this game. Not that I'm saying he's bad, it's just that I've been trying to improve my skills as a Robin player ever since I decided to main her. But so far, I've had like a 50-60% win rate with her in For Glory.

Charizard is still easy to use for me, though. And to be frank, I'm annoyed at how good I am with Duck Hunt. He wasn't a character that I ever planned on maining, and when I saw his moveset for the first time, it didn't exactly appeal to me. But I have yet to lose with him online, despite barely practicing with him in training mode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A Grandmaster costume and a hooded costume are my top picks.

As for my mains, I've been on and off with Pit and Robin. Luigi has obviously been consistent for me, I'm persisting on learning Shulk a bit more, and I am going to main Meta Knight once again.

Hong

The Strongest
Oh @ Hong Hong , I was worried that you stopped noticing me. But if you really prefer Villager over Robin, then I guess that's that... :crying:
I would never stop noticing you, darling. ♥

I couldn't say I prefer Villager over Robin, so much as they are two very different play experiences that I can enjoy. I have not been feeling very good, so playing Villager can be a bit more remedial.
I can't exactly say that I've been using Charizard very much ever since I got this game. Not that I'm saying he's bad, it's just that I've been trying to improve my skills as a Robin player ever since I decided to main her. But so far, I've had like a 50-60% win rate with her in For Glory.
I have no interest in Charizard right now to be honest. I think I was in too much of a hurry to have a pocket heavyweight, considering competitive play feels very half-hearted right now and it's too soon to say what kind of lineup I'll need to play well. I'll probably revisit him after the Wii U version ships.
Charizard is still easy to use for me, though. And to be frank, I'm annoyed at how good I am with Duck Hunt. He wasn't a character that I ever planned on maining, and when I saw his moveset for the first time, it didn't exactly appeal to me. But I have yet to lose with him online, despite barely practicing with him in training mode.
Basically.

Duck Hunt felt very easy to play. Out of all the ranged characters, he can be the most lazy of them. I performed very well with him, though if I am going to play a ranged character, I think it will be Mii Swordfighter or Link. Something more active.

Shaymikyu

Duck Hunt was one of the characters that clicked with me fast. Even seeing gameplay of him made it obvious he'd be one of my better characters. He was in my top 2 at first when I first unlocked him, but he's been surpassed by a couple of other characters since then now that I've given the whole roster a bit more of a chance.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
@ Hong Hong -samaaaa~! :3
I can't blame you for playing with other characters a lot, since I've been doing that as well (particularly Ganondorf and Samus), but I'd be heartbroken if you didn't show your adorable face at least every once and again...

After all, once a Tactician, always a Tactician... right...?

I would post a funny Godzilla gif to prevent myself from sounding too sappy, but all the good ones I know have already been taken. D'oh!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
@ Hong Hong -samaaaa~! :3
I can't blame you for playing with other characters a lot, since I've been doing that as well (particularly Ganondorf and Samus), but I'd be heartbroken if you didn't show your adorable face at least every once and again...

After all, once a Tactician, always a Tactician... right...?

I would post a funny Godzilla gif to prevent myself from sounding too sappy, but all the good ones I know have already been taken. D'oh!
All the good gifs were taken? Preposterous!

Godzilla's dropkick: 10 times more powerful than Bowser's dropkick.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This board has convinced me- Godzilla for SSB DLC.

This needs to be his Up B.

And this needs to be his Side B or dashing A attack.

And this will be at least one of his taunts.
Down B

Neutral B

Victory Pose

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
@ Hong Hong Hi again. Nice to see you again. I do have to say, though, your profile pic scares me a bit. So. You guys talking about Godzilla. Nice. Know basically nothing about him, but still nice

Hong

The Strongest
@ Hong Hong Hi again. Nice to see you again. I do have to say, though, your profile pic scares me a bit.
Greetings, friend.

If it scares you, that's good! I'll be running stuff like this for the month of October. Not usually one for holidays and traditions, but I love Halloween. After that, it's back to armour.

Shaymikyu

I had a Halloween avvie for a short time, but I tend to change my avvies frequently and there weren't many Halloween ones I wanted to use that I had on hand. Maybe I'll dig up one more closer to Halloween.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Greetings, friend.

If it scares you, that's good! I'll be running stuff like this for the month of October. Not usually one for holidays and traditions, but I love Halloween. After that, it's back to armour.
Yay, I like armor Hong! ..... wait, that came out wrong.

Anyway, I envy you privlage to celebrate and go trick or treating

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555

Technically this thread will now be squished by Godzilla. PREPARE TO BE SQUISHED.

But really I just lol'd when I saw the Godzilla gifs. This stomp should be his Down Smash with side bursts like D3 and Robin.

Player -0

Smash Hero
So I played me some Smash 4 for the first time on Saturday. I tried out that Golden FemRobin and then realized L is grab and R is shield. It derped hard but it was awesome. I also found out that you can't counter Charizard's fireblitz custom thingy. So this guy was spamming it and you just kinda chilled back and then grabbed. Then you realize you get pretty much nothing out of grabs (As Marf/Lucina).

It was really fun though... THORON~!

Top Bottom