• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I stink with Ganondorf, but I suppose it's worth a shot. He's ended a few of my All Star runs, after all. I'll try it after my WFT All Star run right now.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
EDIT: It's that freaking team battle part. My partner is always more useless than a sack of potatoes, and they gang up on me and magically know my exact moves and win.

Yeah, the higher the difficulty the lower your partners' levels in Classic.

It is diabolical...

Shaymikyu

I tried Ganondorf, and Ness and his stage did me in again. I'm going to try again but not choose the supposedly easy path. Anything to avoid Flying Men.

EDIT: Warlock Punch is beautiful.

EDIT2: Made it all the way to Master Core then that stupid dog scorpion ruined it.:4roy: I'll try again later, but Ganondorf worked the best so far.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Make a tank Ganondwarf, a lot of defense and attack, and just play defensively against them.
Would you call this build a Dorf Fortress?
Losing is fun. I've known that for ages.

Thing I learned today, may be worth noting. Thunder Jolt can apparently intercept Arcfire if it's used from ground level. If Pika's using that as part of his approach it can lead to some real frowny times. A bit specific, but helping where I can.

On a semi-related note ragequits are just no fun for anyone.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Everyone constantly talks about the greatness of Robin's tomes, but I'm personally loving his aerials.

A lot of people have issues with smash aerials, but I find the simplest way to get the Levin out is to use a ground smash first and then go aerial once the sword is out. Once you do, dear god.

Nair is a great tool, fair and bair are unbelievably fast and have great KO power, dair is an easy and powerful meteor, and Uair is probably one of the single best aerials in the game. Robin's air game is insane.

Anyway, I played him/her and fell in love with the playstyle. So, new main for me, alongside Yoshi. Falcon, Ganon, Lucina and Shulk are my secondaries, I've decided. But I gotta make Robin my main after playing her. Levin Sword feels so good to land it gets my jimmies quite busy. Oh, and most badass FS in the game, while something more for casual play, is just icing on the cake.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Gotta say.
I'm with Shulk currently trying to beat Master core at 9.0
Getting to the endboss isn't hard, but HOLY S***, these damn swords at 9.0 are a pain!
With robin, it's the same problem, but with the exeption I miss pretty much every aerial... I need a gc controler.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Gotta say.
Getting to the endboss isn't hard, but HOLY S***, these damn swords at 9.0 are a pain!
With robin, it's the same problem, but with the exeption I miss pretty much every aerial... I need a gc controler.
Stay behind the swords at all times that you can, when he does the 5 sword rush jump the first 2 dodge the next 2 and counter the last one, counter everything else and you should be good with Shulk, you're on your own with Robin though.
Edit: buster also helps to have activated

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Stay behind the swords at all times that you can, when he does the 5 sword rush jump the first 2 dodge the next 2 and counter the last one, counter everything else and you should be good with Shulk, you're on your own with Robin though.
Always using buster, draining HP makes buster so much more useful...^^
But thanks, I didn't knew that behind the swords was a sweet spot, always seemed they'd reach me with that range!

Shaymikyu

Gotta say.
I think I got to the swords once with Dark Pit in 9.0, and they did me in. Those things are just impossible, I swear. That and dog scorpion.
I might have to try Shulk in 9.0. His Monado really makes things easier.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm trying to beat Classic on 9.0, and Magicant can go burn. Freaking Flying Men break everything. Same with new R.O.B. I've tried everything, even custom characters. How do you do it?
EDIT: It's that freaking team battle part. My partner is always more useless than a sack of potatoes, and they gang up on me and magically know my exact moves and win.
I beat it by choosing Lucina and having only balanced stats. No -'s.
They usually don't react fast enough to a uncharged Smash attack (or any)...
Also, if you have it equip Easy Counter.

Speaking of which, Master Core is a *****.
Counter everything he does in all of his forms.

EDIT: Especially the dog form, all of his moves can be very effectively countered. The Sword Form SUCKS. Only his five hit combo can be Countered effectively. His projectiles can be Countered too, but it just leaves you open. If he winds up to do that repeated flurry attack, just take it, because if you try to escape at the edge of the stage he will just gimp you. **** Sword Form.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just destroyed a really good Rosalina. Once she sends out Luma, move far enough away so Star Bits can't hit you, and charge up and hit with Thoron. Rosalina's approach = gone and you hit her too :yeahboi:

Also, tome KO's are the funniest most rage inducing thing to your opponents ever.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Upon playing Classic with half the characters, I finally learned how to avoid Master Core's forms for the most part. But yeah, early on the sword form was a real pain. But even after all is said and done, you still have to watch out for the copy form. Any powerful build you have will be working against you, because the core will copy that, too.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Upon playing Classic with half the characters, I finally learned how to avoid Master Core's forms for the most part. But yeah, early on the sword form was a real pain. But even after all is said and done, you still have to watch out for the copy form. Any powerful build you have will be working against you, because the core will copy that, too.
That's why I'm using standard builds. But it annoys me that he can counter... but that doesn't stop me from countering too!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Got third out of 23 in a Swiss bracket tournament yesterday.

Lucario is not fun on FD. D:

But between that and taking a set with Pichu in Melee, I consider yesterday a good day.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Slowly getting all the All Star trophies. I'm "accidentally" putting off trying another 9.0 run. I also still need to do the battle 10 man smash with everyone and Target Blast with everyone.

Have I mentioned I don't like the Street Smash challenges? I don't like the Street Smash challenges.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Slowly getting all the All Star trophies. I'm "accidentally" putting off trying another 9.0 run. I also still need to do the battle 10 man smash with everyone and Target Blast with everyone.

Have I mentioned I don't like the Street Smash challenges? I don't like the Street Smash challenges.
That's why we're getting these nice shiny golden hammers... y'know?

Shaymikyu

That's why we're getting these nice shiny golden hammers... y'know?
There are a few other challenges I'm unsure I can pull off, though. I'm saving my hammers until I'm down to about 3-4 on the pages.
I actually like Target Blast. Feels like Crush the Castle even.
It's grown on me. I still prefer Target Test, but it's fun and a nice way to sometimes get more customs.

Smash Run has grown on me too. As an Adventure Mode stand-in, it fails, but as its own thing, it's fine. I would have rather had something like Melee's Adventure Mode AND Smash Run, but the Wii U version should hopefully have something more to it. I personally think people put way too much stock in the Tower of Smash "leak" and are just clinging to it desperately because it mentions characters they want. Please don't hurt me. I wouldn't object to it being real and Tower of Smash sounds like a neat mode.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
There are a few other challenges I'm unsure I can pull off, though. I'm saving my hammers until I'm down to about 3-4 on the pages.

It's grown on me. I still prefer Target Test, but it's fun and a nice way to sometimes get more customs.

Smash Run has grown on me too. As an Adventure Mode stand-in, it fails, but as its own thing, it's fine. I would have rather had something like Melee's Adventure Mode AND Smash Run, but the Wii U version should hopefully have something more to it. I personally think people put way too much stock in the Tower of Smash "leak" and are just clinging to it desperately because it mentions characters they want. Please don't hurt me. I wouldn't object to it being real and Tower of Smash sounds like a neat mode.
Leak is growing one me by a tiny bit since I find it odd that Smashville is returning when it has a similar layout to Town and City.

Shaymikyu

Leak is growing one me by a tiny bit since I find it odd that Smashville is returning when it has a similar layout to Town and City.
Eh, true. I don't think it proves it, but it helps it slightly. If we get something like that ocean game stage, then I'll start to believe it more. I just prefer to take things with a grain of salt and not assume. I did that with some characters returning in SSB4 and it turned out to not be the case at all.

Still, I thought the real leak before was likely false, so maybe I have a poor leak radar. Some parts still seem odd to me (wingless Ridley? Why not just have him fold up his wings?).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Saw this support listed as funny in TvTropes and didn't buy it.

I was dead ******* wrong.

I forgot that I'm a complete sucker for sleep comedy/pranks simply because I've been pranked so many times like that.

Shaymikyu

I forgot that I'm a complete sucker for sleep comedy/pranks simply because I've been pranked so many times like that.
I did that support while grinding up my female Robin and it's one of the few moments that actually got me to burst out laughing, especially that ending. I think that support probably had the biggest effect on my headcanon personality of female Robin (the mischievous/somewhat nosy side of her).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I did that support while grinding up my female Robin and it's one of the few moments that actually got me to burst out laughing, especially that ending. I think that support probably had the biggest effect on my headcanon personality of female Robin (the mischievous/somewhat nosy side of her).
you mean lon'qu did nothing to change you

:c

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Eh, true. I don't think it proves it, but it helps it slightly. If we get something like that ocean game stage, then I'll start to believe it more. I just prefer to take things with a grain of salt and not assume. I did that with some characters returning in SSB4 and it turned out to not be the case at all.

Still, I thought the real leak before was likely false, so maybe I have a poor leak radar. Some parts still seem odd to me (wingless Ridley? Why not just have him fold up his wings?).
Eh, stranger things have come out of this series before. Not that I'm saying that I buy it, though. The one thing that made me call it fake was that it had Impa as a playable character in there, and I have my reasons for thinking those other four might still have a chance.

I'm almost convinced that F!Morgan is supposed to be a younger, more immature version of F!Robin, in that the latter character suppresses her michievous and quirky side in public, while the former is unashamed of it.

Much like how M!Morgan is somewhat similar to M!Robin in how relatively stoic they are compared to their female counterparts.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm almost convinced that F!Morgan is supposed to be a younger, more immature version of F!Robin, in that the latter character suppresses her michievous and quirky side in public, while the former is unashamed of it.

Much like how M!Morgan is somewhat similar to M!Robin in how relatively stoic they are compared to their female counterparts.
Might make the random win quote to Lucina a case of snark.

And adding additional proof to your point is her sneaking into Lon'qu's tent at night when nobody was looking, for example. Combat related or not, it's mischievous.

The irony is that you get the Morgan opposite to your gender, so your child becomes a foil.

How fitting.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost done with all the Challenges. I only have about 20 Allstars left, around 20 Smash Runs, and 10 100-man Smashes.

This is assuming I use Golden Hammers on the Target Smash Perfect and 3-minute 110. I haven't used Hammers so far >.>

AFeralFurry

Smash Cadet
I've tried using Robin, recently. Liked his/her playstyle, though I really need to stop trying to use tomes when I'm out. :p

Fun to play as, though. Very fun indeed.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Question: What is your favorite ship for each character that has a child (Sumia, Cherche, Chrom etc)? Try not to overlap ships, but if you are a very big fan of both ships, then you can make an exception.

Male Avatar: Lucina
Female Avatar: Chrom
Chrom: Female Avatar or Sumia
Lissa: Frederick
Sumia: Chrom or Henry
Sully: Stahl
Maribelle: Ricken
Panne: Donnel
Nowi: Gregor
Cordelia: Kellam
Miriel: Gaius
Tharja: Kellam
Olivia: Vaike/Lon'qu
Cherche: Lon'qu/Vaike

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I'm still discovering my favorites as I'm in the middle of a male Robin run right now (and likely starting another female one with the male one hitting the slow part now), so I'll just list who I paired them off with in both runs (unless I haven't paired them off in both games yet). Not necessarily my favorites yet, but some I do adore a lot. The one with a star by it is my preferred of the two.

Male Robin: Lucina
Female Robin: Chrom (planning a run though where she marries Ricken-fathered Laurent, so we'll see)
Chrom: Female Robin and Sumia (love them both equally, so no choosing here)
Sumia: Gaius and Chrom* (very close, though)
Lissa: Henry* and Lon'qu
Miriel: Gregor* and Donnel
Maribelle: Stahl
Sully: Donnel* and Stahl
Panne: Frederick
Nowi: Ricken and Gregor* (another close one)
Tharja: Libra
Cordelia: Kellam* and Frederick
Cherche: Lon'qu
Olivia: Virion* and Henry

Top Bottom