• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Question: What is your favorite ship for each character that has a child (Sumia, Cherche, Chrom etc)? Try not to overlap ships, but if you are a very big fan of both ships, then you can make an exception.

Male Avatar: Lucina
Female Avatar: Chrom
Chrom: Female Avatar or Sumia
Sumia: Chrom
Lissa: Frederick
Sumia: Chrom or Henry
Sully: Stahl
Maribelle: Ricken
Panne: Donnel
Nowi: Gregor
Cordelia: Kellam
Miriel: Gaius
Tharja: Kellam
Olivia: Vaike/Lon'qu
Cherche: Lon'qu/Vaike
Here are my ships:
Male Robin: Tharja
Female Robin: Chrom... I guess.
Chrom: Sumia or Female Robin
Lissa: Gaius
Panne: Gregor
Nowi: Donnel
Cordelia: Lon'qu
Miriel: Henry
Tharja: Male Robin
Olivia: Kellam
Cherche: Virion

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Question: What is your favorite ship for each character that has a child (Sumia, Cherche, Chrom etc)? Try not to overlap ships, but if you are a very big fan of both ships, then you can make an exception.
*slashes represent multiple options in a scale of favoritism*

:4robinm:: :4lucina: DUUUUUUUUUH
:4robinf:: Chrom/Gregor/Ricken/Walmart the Discounting Conqueror
Lissa: Henry/Lon'qu/Ricken
Sumia: Chrom if not :4robinf:
Sully: Virion/Lon'qu/Chrom
Maribelle: Virion/Kellam
Panne: Donnel/Kellam
Cordelia: Frederick/wish i could do Chrom
Miriel: Henry/Ricken
Tharja: no screw off
Olivia: dont care really
Cherche: Lon'qu/Henry

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
And just came back from another Smash 4 Swiss tournament. Won that one!
Beat the Rosalina player that won last night's Swiss bracket too!

Matchup is not as bad as I was thinking it was going to be, actually. Apparently the dark cloud from Nosferatu will actually knock Luma away so you can siphon health with no distractions. Can't think of any other reason why Luma would just flop aside during Nosferatu.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Male Robin: Lucina
Female Robin: dunno really, haven't done a female run yet
Chrom: Sumia/Olivia
Lissa: Gaius
Sully: Virion (honestly it's the only one I've done with her)
Panne: Libra (again it's the only one I've done with her)
Cordelia: Lon'qu/Stahl
Miriel: Vaike (again it's the only one I've done with her)
Tharja: the ground in Chapter 9
Olivia: Henry/Chrom
Cherche: Frederick
Libra: Virion

..maybe I should mix it up a bit next time I play. though the ones I've only done one pairing with are usually the ones I never use outside their recruitment chapters.

Last edited:

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
Male Avatar: Lucina or Lissa
Female Avatar: One of the children, usually Owain.
Chrom: Olivia. (I know, I know, I'm one of the few.)
Lissa: Donnel or Male Avatar
Sumia: Fredrick
Maribelle: Libra
Panne: N/A. Never really used her. Just paired her with whoever was left over...
Nowi: Henry or Gregor
Miriel: Ricken
Tharja: Henry or Gaius
Olivia: Vaike or Lon'qu
Cherche: Gregor

Tharja: the ground in Chapter 9
OTP right there. OTP. She doesn't even get a tombstone, does she?

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Tharja's kind of hard to pair off for me. On my first run, I put her with Libra because they had already begun supporting thanks to Chapter 9, but on my male Robin run, she's the only one I have no direction for. I like her supports with Henry, but I'm already supporting him with Olivia. My third run will be even more confusing since I'll likely put Henry with Sumia (still clueless on my Chrom there).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Robin/Lucina
F!Robin/Walhart or Inigo
Chrom/Olivia
Stahl/Nowi
Tharja/Donny
Lissa/Henry
Sully/Kellam
Vaike/Maribelle
Gerome/F!Morgan, but ONLY if Lucina is Morgan's mother. Then Gerome is basically the Robin to Lucina's Chrom.
Male Avatar: Lucina or Lissa
Female Avatar: One of the children, usually Owain.
Chrom: Olivia. (I know, I know, I'm one of the few.)
Lissa: Donnel or Male Avatar
Sumia: Fredrick
Maribelle: Libra
Panne: N/A. Never really used her. Just paired her with whoever was left over...
Nowi: Henry or Gregor
Miriel: Ricken
Tharja: Henry or Gaius
Olivia: Vaike or Lon'qu

OTP right there. OTP. She doesn't even get a tombstone, does she?

Edit: Oh shoot, double post. How do I delete this thing? (Can a mod please help?)
Chrom/Olivia is the best.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Edit: Oh shoot, double post. How do I delete this thing? (Can a mod please help?)
Unfortunately, you are unable to delete your own posts.

That said, if you mess up, just let us know and we can fix it. :)

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, you are unable to delete your own posts.

That said, if you mess up, just let us know and we can fix it. :)
Thank you for the help.

Indeed, from what I've seen of the pairing. Haven't actually tried for it in game yet, however.
The actual relationship development is utterly horrible since they get married like one chapter after they meet. But Inigo and Lucina become pretty godly as a result.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Chrom/Olivia is the best.
I'm thinking of doing Chrom/Olivia on my Robin/Laurent run. My biggest fear is I'll screw up and accidentally marry Robin or Sumia and Chrom again, though. I want to mix up my pairings each time (at least as much as I can- Chrom and Sumia are limited, so you can only do so much with them). Sully's another one I was considering because she comes in early so I can support them quick. Maribelle would make a fun queen, though.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Um.. guys? I think I messed up. If Chrom has a C-Support with a woman who is already married, will he still be able to marry Olivia?

Shaymikyu

Um.. guys? I think I messed up. If Chrom has a C-Support with a woman who is already married, will he still be able to marry Olivia?
I think so. It'd make no sense if the woman is already married for it to affect Chrom's marriage. Even if it does, just grab a few Reeking Boxes and get Olivia and Chrom to B-Support (I'm not sure about other difficulties, but I know on Normal that the Reeking Box battles yield Bullion so you can buy more).

EDIT: :4greninja:'d.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
If she's (the woman he has a C support with) already taken, then yes
Oh. Not sure what I did wrong, then. Thank goodness, though. Thanks.
I think so. It'd make no sense if the woman is already married for it to affect Chrom's marriage. Even if it does, just grab a few Reeking Boxes and get Olivia and Chrom to B-Support (I'm not sure about other difficulties, but I know on Normal that the Reeking Box battles yield Bullion so you can buy more).

EDIT: :4greninja:'d.
I can't do that, because you get Olivia the chapter that you're forced to marry.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
if you want to be guaranteed Olivia, then marry off everyone else Chrom can marry (Sully, Sumia, Maribelle, F-Robin), and spend a few turns having Olivia dance for Chrom, or have them pair up the whole chapter. That should build up enough support points for them to be at at least C support level by the end of the chapter (though they automatically S support if you do anyway).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I can't do that, because you get Olivia the chapter that you're forced to marry.
I hear there are discounted strategy guides at Walmart, go ahead and conquer them

Marry everyone else BEFORE that chapter. Sure, you need a ton of METAL BAWKSES Reeking Boxes, but it's possible.

:4greninja:'d

D

Deleted member

The order goes like this:
-Sumia
-Maribelle
-Sully
-Olivia
-Female Robin
Chrom will marry the girl with the highest support level that he has with them. If they are all at the same level, then Chrom will marry Sumia first (or if she's married, he'll be married to Maribelle and so forth). Chrom needs to have 18 support levels before the end of Chapter 11 and must not reach any support level with the other candidates to marry Olivia.
If everyone is married, dead, or if Chrom hasn't reached any support level with any of these characters, then Chrom will marry the generic villager girl.
Olivia is the last option (besides female Robin) since she is the game's last stand for Chrom to get married to someone in the game.

Shaymikyu

Oh crud, forgot. I swore it was the chapter before. Oh well. Maybe I'll marry my third Chrom to Sully or Maribelle, then. I don't want to risk him hooking up with his true love Village Maiden.

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
Oh crud, forgot. I swore it was the chapter before. Oh well. Maybe I'll marry my third Chrom to Sully or Maribelle, then. I don't want to risk him hooking up with his true love Village Maiden.
The risk is worth it, though. He won't hook up with Village Maiden as long as Olivia dances for Chrom at least once. What I personally do is just have them pair up for the entire chapter and have Chrom carry her around.

Shaymikyu

The risk is worth it, though. He won't hook up with Village Maiden as long as Olivia dances for Chrom at least once. What I personally do is just have them pair up for the entire chapter and have Chrom carry her around.
Really? That's good, then. I'll do that after all, then. I was thinking you'd just put them together the whole chapter, but I didn't know if that'd be enough. Until then, I'll keep my Laurent run Chrom with Frederick or Lissa or someone else he can't support to S (though still reap the benefits of A support at least).

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
Really? That's good, then. I'll do that after all, then. I was thinking you'd just put them together the whole chapter, but I didn't know if that'd be enough. Until then, I'll keep my Laurent run Chrom with Frederick or Lissa or someone else he can't support to S (though still reap the benefits of A support at least).
Yeah, I got used to putting Chrom with Fredrick for the first few chapters, then Gaius later on. It worked surprisingly well.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
New Awkward Zombie comic with Robin in it:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Male Avatar: Cordelia
Female Avatar: Not sure
Chrom: Sumia
Lissa: Stahl
Sully: Kellam (lol)
Maribelle: Frederick
Panne: Gaius
Nowi: Lon'qu
Cordelia: Lon'qu or Male Avatar
Miriel: No one (creepy)
Tharja: Henry
Olivia: Male Avatar

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Needs more Robin.
Gotta give the artist some credit for actually putting him in it.

She could have just left it as Shulk and Palutena in that panel, and I would have never brought it over here.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ AustarusIV AustarusIV Your good at finding at works, right? Do you know any good Young Link fanarts that are cute or sad? I really trying to find a good profile pic but can't seem to find one.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Hey @ AustarusIV AustarusIV Your good at finding at works, right? Do you know any good Young Link fanarts that are cute or sad? I really trying to find a good profile pic but can't seem to find one.
Well TBH I prefer Toon Link, but there's some really good fanart of Young Link on Deviantart, like this one.

EDIT: Turns out its not actually fanart, but the fan coloration of a manga panel.

Last edited:

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I don't really have "favorite" matchups in Awakening, but there's a few that are clearly the best at producing strong children. (Libra x Tharja is pretty good, for example)

Just a few I wouldn't want differently are Tharja x Henry and Robin x Chrom because they feel right. I married Lucina on my first run but that's just because I like her >.>

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Why am I doing this.
Okay...
Google Chrome/Chrob: Sumia
MRobin: Lissa (as I've stated many times before)
FRobin: Anyone not Chrom (I prefer Gaius)
Lissa: Lon'qu
Sumia: Gaius
Sully: Virion
Maribelle: No one (I hate her everything)
Panne: Virion
Nowi: No one (Nobody deserves to marry a prepubescent child and live with her for the rest of their life)
Cordelia: Donnel
Miriel: No one (YET)
Tharja No one ever
Olivia: Henry
Cherche: Frederick

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Thanks for all the help on the Olivia thing. Apparently, you only find out that Chrom marries Olivia after the save point, while with Sumia, it's before (I think). I ended up doing the whole level over again. ;_;
And I already had his other potential wives married.

Question: If Chrom could marry any female that you get before chapter 11 besides Lissa (for obvious reasons), Cordelia (Because it makes no sense for Cordelia to still be pining for Chrom after they marry each other), and Panne (Because Lucina can't be half taguel), who would you make marry Chrom.

I would do Miriel. She's a shepherd, so they've probably known each other for a long time, and I feel like Miriel's logical nature would make her a very good ruler. I dunno. It just feels right.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone read this? http://fe-according-to-japan.tumblr.com/post/60298313163/daddy-walharts-just-a-little-repressed

It turns out that Walhart's threats to smash Morgan's head through a wall and to put a sword through him were all made up by the localization team. Apparently, he was just indifferent towards his plight in the Japanese version.
Well, at least Walhart isn't as bad of a father in the Japanese version. I'm really surprised that they amped him up in the English version.
Tharja is still a terrible mother though. I'm not surprised.

Question: If Chrom could marry any female that you get before chapter 11
Ah! That is simple! My answer is-
besides Cordelia
:(
I dunno who, then.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Are we talking about pairings?

ME-unit/Cordelia
F!ME-unit/Chrom
M!Chrom/Sumia
Olivia/Libra (or Lonk)