• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How do you beat roll-spammers as Robin? I've just had the most annoying two minutes so far with this game, where I got a Lucina player to over 100% on his/her last stock, and s/he spent the last two minutes of the match doing literally nothing but rolling around, and I just couldn't figure out what to do to finish him/her off.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
How do you beat roll-spammers as Robin? I've just had the most annoying two minutes so far with this game, where I got a Lucina player to over 100% on his/her last stock, and s/he spent the last two minutes of the match doing literally nothing but rolling around, and I just couldn't figure out what to do to finish him/her off.
Hit them with Thoron? The extended duration it has may outlast their roll, and the fact that they're rolling constantly means you may have time to charge it. Unless of course they stop rolling and try to attack you, but that also means you have a chance to hit them back.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Downsmash. Downsmash is amazing against rolls, as are many Downsmashes in the game.

Also, you can toss a Fire down somewhere to limit direction, or try predicting without it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Arcfire catches rolls.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman

Hong

The Strongest
Downsmash. Downsmash is amazing against rolls, as are many Downsmashes in the game.

Also, you can toss a Fire down somewhere to limit direction, or try predicting without it.
To add to this, down smash is also the best option for shield-poking because it will hit twice.. If someone is shielding a lot, I just hit them with this. Typically charged a bit, but not long enough for them to know what I'm about to do.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I think the Chrom quote isn't in Robin audio because it's not Robin saying it. It might be listed somewhere else as "Other"?
Chrom has at least 3 lines, so it's likely.
His Final Smash lines are still in both Robins' sound test entries.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'm a complete sucker for Awakening references. Honestly, if Nosferatu's no healing custom special wasn't called Goetia, I probably would even use it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The multiplayer showdown** you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo* to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode,
there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.
]or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode,
Robin confirmed to win all games.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Robin confirmed to win all games.
Well, he's got serious competition... Challengers with over a decade of experience...

:4mario::4luigi::4wario2::4yoshi::4peach::4dk:

Worth opponents indeed! :4robinm:

And then:4bowser: comes to ruin the party and everyone cries.
And then Chance Time happens and everyone cries again.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
A board game party mode for Smash might be the most ingenius thing I've ever heard.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Party Mode doesn't sound very interesting for me.

I don't know about you guys, but I hardly knew anyone who liked to play anything other than shooter games, so this whole concept of a game board with fighters sounds unappealing, especially if it's intended to be the Wii U equivalent to Smash Run.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Robin confirmed disguised as Bowser :troll:
robowser.png

Party Mode doesn't sound very interesting for me.

I don't know about you guys, but I hardly knew anyone who liked to play anything other than shooter games, so this whole concept of a game board with fighters sounds unappealing, especially if it's intended to be the Wii U equivalent to Smash Run.
Well, if it is meant to be the "Smash Run equivalent," let's hope is note equivalent in one regard...online play.

D

Deleted member

And then:4bowser: comes to ruin the party and everyone cries.
And then Chance Time happens and everyone cries again.
What about Communism Bowser Revolution?
Or how about those Star and Coin stealing Boos?

Well, if it is meant to be the "Smash Run equivalent," let's hope is note equivalent in one regard...online play.
Not having an online mode for Smash Run was disappointing. I hope that this new mode is fun and interesting and will allow online play.

I am intrigued by the idea of a Smash board game. I wonder how it will work...

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I figure the Smash Run Powers also need a replacement, though.

Edit: People actually think Smash Run is a good multiplayer game? It's incredibly uninteractive.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Online Smash Party would be a nightmare.

If it's going to be anything like Mario Party, that would mean the connection has to stay constant for:

Movement on the board
The time it takes for a player to make a choice
Any special events
Picking the Special Smash event, and making sure each player is going to that exact Special Smash
The entire time the Board game is played

There's a reason online Mario Party has never happened. Smash Party would be no different.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I am too. Imagine a Smash Bros. Chess style game where you can use trophies instead of characters!
I could finally play as Ghirahim (sort of)

I would totally pay if this happened for Smash(yeah theres a Mario Chess but it's too "one franchise-y")

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I really wish more of Robin's customs would be renamed to other tomes...

I can understand in the case of Thunder/Thoron, but the rest of the bunch could've easily taken the Goetia route.

In actuality, I think I'd want this in hopes that the customs would be even more diverse. Such as having a 3 or 1 part up-B, or one that gives you control over the individual bursts.

Shaymikyu

Yeesh, what's up with SmashBoards these last couple of days?

Anyway, beat my first level 9 computer of the game at last, and the lucky fighter I used was naturally Robin. In non-Robin news, I'm really starting to love Ness now that I've coped with losing my favorite little PSI user. I still like Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt, but I wouldn't consider them my main mains anymore.

EDIT: "My strength... Is yours" is either random or tied to using Robin's final smash. I just got it on Lumiose City, so it has nothing to do with Arena Ferox, but I did use my final smash.

Last edited:

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Arena Ferox- What are the most important reasons for it not being a legal tournament stage? All it has are random transformations that include solid walls, but it's not worse than Pokemon Stadium was in Melee. (Unless it's tournament legal but nobody ever picks it, because I've never seen it played)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeesh, what's up with SmashBoards these last couple of days?

Anyway, beat my first level 9 computer of the game at last, and the lucky fighter I used was naturally Robin. In non-Robin news, I'm really starting to love Ness now that I've coped with losing my favorite little PSI user. I still like Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt, but I wouldn't consider them my main mains anymore.

EDIT: "My strength... Is yours" is either random or tied to using Robin's final smash. I just got it on Lumiose City, so it has nothing to do with Arena Ferox, but I did use my final smash.
Ridley was sceretly confirmed.

Shaymikyu

It's so weird how inactive this thread is now...
It's hard without speculation. All we really have to guess for the Wii U version is new stages, new modes, new trophies and music, and some people seem to think new characters but I'm still taking that with a grain of salt to be safe. Not much about Robin to speculate unless they make DLC customs or costumes.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It's hard without speculation. All we really have to guess for the Wii U version is new stages, new modes, new trophies and music, and some people seem to think new characters but I'm still taking that with a grain of salt to be safe. Not much about Robin to speculate unless they make DLC customs or costumes.
Makes sense. Until then,

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Young Robin model for DLC.

PLEASE.

Shaymikyu

Young Robin model for DLC.

PLEASE.
Better yet- Morgan model. Morgan is the young Robin model anyway. Though, I'd love the young Robin so I could play as the one on my third run. Same with the oldest model for my first run (my male Robin is model 1, so he's represented aside from hair color, but the black-haired one is close enough). I still want to see a Grima Robin in the vein of Dark Link (maybe even with different quotes?).

In terms of "never ever happening," I'd love Mage Robin, Dark Flier Robin, and Taguel Morgan (for my most recent run).

Top Bottom