• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
It doesn't help that I'm a wuss that plays Casual mode when I can. Not because I don't think I could beat the game that way, but because I'm an insane completionist that wants to get everyone even if I never use them.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I think the idea was for them to act as crutch characters for players who weren't very good at the game. If you lost even more characters than that, you started getting generic "replacement" units with no dialogue, portrait, personality, etc. See here for a list of their names.

Why a list of their names? Look at some of the NoA ones. Wymp. Owend. Laim. Auffle. Lucer. Rejek. Weiklin. ...see where they're going with these?

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I think the idea was for them to act as crutch characters for players who weren't very good at the game. If you lost even more characters than that, you started getting generic "replacement" units with no dialogue, portrait, personality, etc. See here for a list of their names.

Why a list of their names? Look at some of the NoA ones. Wymp. Owend. Laim. Auffle. Lucer. Rejek. Weiklin. ...see where they're going with these?
Wymp? And I thought names like Grima were unsubtle in how we were supposed to judge the character...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

*Snrk*

I remember reading about the the unlock requirements for those specific characters...and how I never bothered to get them back when the game was out. Kind of makes it interesting in that all of those characters show up anyway in the remake of the sequel, in which you don't have to kill off units in order to get them.

And as for trying out the older games, I recommend checking out FE7, Sacred Stones, or Path of Radiance as your next game. If you're European, you can go ahead and download FE7 on the Wii U VC.

Personally speaking, FE7 is my favorite of the three, with PoR at a close second.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

I think "Rejek" sounds cool though. :4falco:
So long as you pronounce it "R-eh-j-eh-k" and not "R-ee-j-ek."

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Frey was the best character in Shadow Dragon.

No wonder he came back in NMotE. He's too strong to be beaten by Grust like that.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Shadow Dragon had issues with Wolf and Sedgar, and Generals.

The plot and characters are bland because it's a direct port, basically. The only thing I liked in the game was the Copycat class, and that it was the first game where unpromoting classes could go to 30. (I think)

Fire Emblem 6 is pretty good too, by the way. Excessively difficult, though.

Shaymikyu

The cuteness... It's too much... Clearly Lucas was cut because one more cutie would make the universe implode with cuteness overload.

D

Deleted member

Why haven't I gotten any alerts here...?

Yamcha!Chrom never diminishes in value.
Agreed. Because I hate Chrom.

Basically, there are a few playable characters that are recruited in gaiden chapters, but the unlock requirement for most of those chapters is "have an army of X units or lower", meaning you have to kill off people to unlock them.
You know, I was thinking about getting Shadow Dragon after Awakening, but if this is the case, then I don't want to play the game.
Anyone wanna give me $200? I wanna play Path of Radiance...

Wait, wait, wait. You have to deliberately kill of one character just to recruit another? I would never do that. Those conditions are evil!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Why haven't I gotten any alerts here...?
If you get an alert saying "new replies here" and don't check it straight away, you don't get any more alerts. Though it has happened a few times that I'll think I've checked something, then get no alerts for days and come back to two whole pages of replies.

Wait, wait, wait. You have to deliberately kill of one character just to recruit another? I would never do that. Those conditions are evil!
Yep, that's a large reason for a lot of the criticism SD received, alongside its several other flaws by FE's usually high standards.
It was fixed in the sequel, as were most errors SD made.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
At least ten pictures were of Luigi being hurt or getting hurt. Poor man, he can't get a break. :(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Nah. Einstein was a member of the Star Fox team. They don't associate with mercenaries like Ike or Wolf.

Unless...

I was honestly waiting for this joke to show up somewhere.

How ironic that a Mii based on Einstein is using weapons when he contributed to the deadliest one of them all.

Oh, I know:seuss:
Oh you. :seuss:

Top Bottom