• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, something I've been wondering about lately is what Robin's up-special will do when he/she's on the ground. So far we've only seen Elwind used in the air, where it fires projectiles downwards while sending Robin into the air, but as far as I know, we haven't seen it used on the ground. Do we think it will just function like normal, sending Robin up and firing projectiles downwards, or perhaps it has a slightly different function on the ground, and if so, what could that be?

Also, @ Hokori Hokori I noticed you have Robin's up-special attack listed as Arcwind on the OP. The proper name for it is Elwind. Everything else looks good, though.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
So, something I've been wondering about lately is what Robin's up-special will do when he/she's on the ground. So far we've only seen Elwind used in the air, where it fires projectiles downwards while sending Robin into the air, but as far as I know, we haven't seen it used on the ground. Do we think it will just function like normal, sending Robin up and firing projectiles downwards, or perhaps it has a slightly different function on the ground, and if so, what could that be?

Also, @ Hokori Hokori I noticed you have Robin's up-special attack listed as Arcwind on the OP. The proper name for it is Elwind. Everything else looks good, though.
I'm surprised I never caught that when making edits before. Thanks.

Hm, maybe on the ground you could have a little control over the projectiles.

- Hitting straight up on the control stick will fire projectiles directly above you
- Hitting up-left/right on the control stick may alter the trajectory of the projectiles slightly

*shrugs*

Hong

The Strongest
This is actually a rather important matter.

If it launches Robin into the air, but doesn't put her into freefall, I'll gladly take it as an OOS option. Especially on Battlefield or anywhere with platforms above.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I only ever played FE3. Wouldn't shock me that NA localisation would *******ise things.
Which as I just checked up on, they did.
I played the remake because it was the easiest to get ahold of legally, but if the originals are anything like FE2 I won't be able to make it through them, I had to force myself through that monstrosity of a game, it wasn't bad just... Weird...

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Robin does fire Elwind sideways if he's on the ground, it would be neat to have the knockback trajectory correlate to the new direction it's going.

Aerial Elwind cutters going down sent Little Mac up a bit towards Robin. If an Elwind cutter is going right and it hits someone, having it send the person left, opposite of the Elwind, could set up some nifty combos, as the guy's straight toward Robin. Provided Robin only fires one while on the ground, of course.

Hong

The Strongest
So, did anyone else notice that Robin's jab is modelled after Excalibur?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hm, maybe on the ground you could have a little control over the projectiles.

- Hitting straight up on the control stick will fire projectiles directly above you
- Hitting up-left/right on the control stick may alter the trajectory of the projectiles slightly

*shrugs*
It would make sense for the wind projectiles to be sent out in different directions if Robin is on the ground. After all, if it stays the same while used on the ground, I would think that the first wind attack would just hit the floor as soon as it was sent out, rendering it useless. Plus it would be nice for Robin to have another projectile to use, although the use of Elwind should remain rather limited so that you don't get knocked off the stage with no means of recovering.

Wow, that's pretty cool. While I myself haven't played a lot of the older Fire Emblem games, I think it's really neat that they're putting all these references to older games into Robin's move set. The attention to detail shown in each of Robin's attacks is just wonderful, and it's a great way of representing the various parts of Fire Emblem's history.

Now I'm really looking forward to knowing Robin's complete move set, and seeing just what other kinds of hidden details we can find.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Well, I had to butcher the quality a bit, but this is now my startup sound for a number of devices!
There are better ways to be than unpowered, you know.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
14073933119766.png

*Tips scale*

M'exalt.

I got a good chuckle out of how well done this pic was. the tipping scale in place of a fedora was kek worthy

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Probably just redubbed it Sable Knight to prevent English fans from getting the wrong impression, as the Tellius Black Knight would be fresh on their minds and remembered fondly. And that they wanted one and only one Black Knight.

Odd, but what can you do.
It's just the general philosophy of localisation that tends to always backfire in the long run, pretend games they haven't released in English don't exist. Final Fantasy II is what again? :p

Black Knight was the motif of the engimatic character, I think every game has had one, in one or another (there is never more than one person who's sprite animations/armor are black), just like how the "Fire Emblem" is always in the game in some way/shape/form.

Oh and I had to come back and give reasons for this stuff so here it is~

Character | Reason
| Mars' waifu, he has impeccable taste. My favourite Lord "canon" relationship I'd say. Kinda similar to Roy x Lilina in terms of fairy tail-ish great hero/kindest most pure maiden (although I like Roy x Sue or Sofiya (she just missed out!)
| This character right here I went to war for. She's considered low tier by most in FE5, but she has POTENTIAL. Only non-lord character to date I think that received as many promotions as she has, she gets a story reclassing that sets her to level 1. She also had the best class/skill set possible, being a thief and a dancer (the broken dancer that impacts all 4 adjacent tiles). Her weakness was that she came a little later than your main thief Rifis (Very easily to mistake with FE5 Lord Leaf) had 5% less con growth (you needed to have higher con than the enemy's item to steal it, con growths in general were very low... hers is 5% to Rifis' 10%, there was a scroll you put on them that increased the con% by 10%), but goes Thief -> Rogue -> Dancer -> Dancer Rogue. She would be low tier in SSS playthroughs though (but SSS playthroughs involve selling your soul so it doesn't matter; the only characters you can use are Leaf and a staff user for warping).
| Something something modest/quiet/spiritual personality ish hot. Pseudo canon Lyndis' daughter. Hard to use in the game coming in at level 1 in a very hard level without any items, and IIRC no shops to be able to spare her a bow. A nearby chest has a bow, but you only have one chest opener and like 10 doors/chests to open with roaming/spawning thieves to get in the way, the bow is a low priority item considering the other spoils.
| Yeah I think I have a thing for late level 1s with amazing stat growths. They always tend to be female too, and often cute. ****. Obviously FE6/7 backstory and all of that, including relation to the Sword Saint, having a tragic story for her mother and a bad ass father (when I used to hang on FE boards someone personified themselves with daddy-Bartre). I also liked Karla (the mother) a lot, but she's honestly one of the hardest characters to recruit in FE history (as a general thing, hard mode multi-level "convincing" ones are so ****ing hard)
| The cutest. Pink/purple hair is kinda my thing too, and I much liked the new colors for Pegasus riders in 6/7
| Likely the best/greatest/most tragic back story in the 6/7 series, which was entirely fleshed out to people who had played six and was given to you as almost a "no idea" to those who hadn't, I -love- those types of characters as they give you this sense of purpose when you play them, you have distinct goals to achieve to honour their parents, grand parents, some sort of tradition or another *cough Ares/basically everyone in FE4 holy *****
| I probably hate FE9/10 generation because her Ike S support/ending was so AWFUL. But otherwise she is quite amazing.
| My favourite Fire Emblem character bar none. The darkness in his soul was the only human thing left for him after the *hidden easter egg back story that you get only after playing FE4 through like 20 times or something crazy*. The avatar of a God (well technically every descendent is) with still the human memories of Levin. Holsety is my favourite spell/weapon in Fire Emblem history too.
| Canon inheritor of Forsety blood line, literally god tier in both games he appears in. The end game discussion between himself and Levin makes me cry. "What do I feel like doing today in the second generation of Fire Emblem 4? Sety only route?" **** YEAH.
| Ares the Greek God of War, juxtaposes with Mars, the Roman incarnation. The truest Black Knight. The story/fate of his bloodline is very moving, he is also literally god tier. Critical strikes was a "skill" in FE4, and he was one of very few to be able to get it. One of 4 characters capable of soloing Julius, albeit the hardest.
| Kinda like Nino, it really is the story connection between 6/7 that makes him a favourite. Most iconic legendary sword and animation for it in the series IMO, also very very bad ass theme music.
| My reasons are really really shallow. It has everything to do with his theme music and being a relatively worthy holder of the Black Knight title. I respect his story role in FE9/10.

yeah, i didn't really order things, it's way too hard. I would say characters from FE4/5 > The rest.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

*Posts in tumblr* :troll:

But goodness, I sometimes forget this flipside from Robin... he really, REALLY does lend on throwing back and reusing the source material from the games. So much love and respect to the team. (~=3=)

Have to admit Chrom would have been less capable of that, really. But I might then say I might prefer Robin over him personally (MAGIC), due all these notions. (Still gonna feel pitiful on him though)

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well I think I am going to try this out so here is my favourite characters list. With why I chose them.

Character | Reason
| She is one my favourite FE characters. I always liked using the swordsmasters in games and since the Tellius series is my favourite, her being my primary swordmaster, she takes the top spot. Plus all of her supports are hilarious due to her extreme dedication towards swordsmanship and hyperactive personality. Forcing Rhys to train or Illyana eating her foot, and Mia's reaction haha :D!

| This guy is the best lord character in the recent FE games. I haven't played Awakening yet but this guy from PoR and RD was amazing. Plus his sword Ragnell is awesome which can only rivalled by Alondite in the 2nd game. Also the only non royalty main character with one of the best stories in FE games. Slightly OP but still awesome. His story for revenge as well becoming a hero is one of my favourites. Plus I liked the family setting this character.

| A swordmaster type lord and thus one my favourites. FE7: Blazing Sword was the first FE I played and she was the most used character. There is something amazing about continuously hitting criticals. Sadly she had a low strength cap, not enough crit rate as sword masters and no definite ending (understandable since the sequel which came earlier had no reference to her)

| Another swordmaster, this character was epic in the Sacred Stones plus his hidden past (only seen in one route) was surprising. Interesting character with epic skills. Was the second swordmaster who I used a lot. Plus his toss-a-coin nature and the way he handled situations were likeable. Sad thing about his only remaining family though.

| The first lord who was an exclusive lance user that too on foot was a super character. With his Reginelf as well as killer lances, this character was hard to beat and was stronger than his sword wielding sibling. Plus he liked his sections of the game.

| Another speedster on the list. My most used character in the Sealed Sword games she becomes a force to contend with. It was sad that her mom wasn't there anymore from Blazing Sword but her uncle and father make a return. She becomes quite a powerful swordmaster. I remember sending her and Rutger out to demolish the front lines of the enemy.

| The main character of the Sealed Sword/Binding Blade is my 3rd favourite Lord character. Although he becomes into his secondary class pretty late in the game he is a force to be reckoned with. The only character who can wield the Sword of Seals as well as the one who should beat the final boss for the ending, I liked this guy's journey from a young prince to a mighty warrior. Plus he was pretty strong when leveled not as much as Ike though. His game was also tough on standard difficulty and a fitting sequel to Rekka no Ken.

| Nephenee is a member of a unique class exclusive to the Tellius games. A simple lance wielding soldier in the older FE games is now a class and can be upgraded into Lancer and Sentinel. Like a Swordmaster and Knight fusion! One of my most used characters and a force to be reckoned with. My Mia+Nephenee combo definitely wrecked entire armies.

| Nino, a character that you get pretty late in the Blazing Sword becomes a really powerful mage when levelled up. Her tragic past and story with Jaffar makes her an even more endearing character. Too bad she can't change Lloyd and Linus's fates. My main mage in Rekka no Ken for sure. Just didn't like how things turned out for her as you find out in the 6th game.

| Sephiran, the chancellor of the kingdom of Begnion also has a place on the list. With a surprising past, this character although playable for a very short period is powerful as well as a character with a touching backstory. Plus he is epic and much more important than seems.

Oh and I had to come back and give reasons for this stuff so here it is~

Character | Reason
| Mars' waifu, he has impeccable taste. My favourite Lord "canon" relationship I'd say. Kinda similar to Roy x Lilina in terms of fairy tail-ish great hero/kindest most pure maiden (although I like Roy x Sue or Sofiya (she just missed out!)

yeah, i didn't really order things, it's way too hard. I would say characters from FE4/5 > The rest.
I really liked your table format so copied it, but things sort of got out of hand as I did not find small images.

Well the first 3 are in order while the rest are randomly placed.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Do you guys have a favorite parent-child relationship in this series?

I personally really liked the relationship between Greil and his children, Ike and Mist in FE: PoR. There was something about it that made it seem like you were looking at a very real, genuine family (who just happened to be mercenaries). I felt so bad for them when Greil died near the beginning of the story.

The relationship between Robin and his/her children is also one of my favorites in Fire Emblem Awakening. Morgan in particular special because they are the ones who want to become like you. Also, this fan art of F!Robin and M!Morgan is so freakin' adorable.
image.jpg

I wanted to find some fan art of M!Robin and F!Morgan together by themselves, but it was surprisingly hard to look for one. So here's this, even though it isn't the focus of this picture.
image.jpg

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

I personally really liked the relationship between Greil and his children, Ike and Mist in FE: PoR. There was something about it that made it seem like you were looking at a very real, genuine family (who just happened to be mercenaries). I felt so bad for them when Greil died near the beginning of the story.

The relationship between Robin and his/her children is also one of my favorites in Fire Emblem Awakening. Morgan in particular special because they are the ones who want to become like you. Also, this fan art of F!Robin and M!Morgan is so freakin' adorable.

I wanted to find some fan art of M!Robin and F!Morgan together by themselves, but it was surprisingly hard to look for one. So here's this, even though it isn't the focus of this picture.
I mentioned this my top ten, but I think my favorite is the relationship of Brady and Maribelle.

I also really enjoy the dynamic between Hector and his brother.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

I really like Joshua's relationship with his mom, because ;_;

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I mentioned this my top ten, but I think my favorite is the relationship of Brady and Maribelle.

I also really enjoy the dynamic between Hector and his brother.
I really like Joshua's relationship with his mom, because ;_;
Oh man, I totally forgot about them. The relationship between Hector and Uther was heartbreaking near the end, and Joshua and his mother...:(

If we're talking about siblings, I loved the Oscar-Boyd-Rolf trio, they had a better dynamic than the other, earlier sibling trios in the series (Pegasus Knight trio sisters, I mean).

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm kind of too lazy to hunt down pictures or format a table, but if one of you guys wants to do it for me, that'd be awesome.

1. Lyndis - Lyn is actually my favorite video game character ever. I love her backstory, I love her personality, I love her chapters in Rekka no Ken, I love her design... I especially love all the small details that are hidden or suggested at that never get outright stated. So much depth. Such a great character. The only downside is that she plays a Swordmaster variant who doesn't get the crit boost.
2. Lucina - Another really great character. Her story is fantastic, her personality is strong, and she has fantastic Supports with everyone. She also has some of the most heart-wrenching scenes in Awakening.
3. Nephenee - A character I came to call The Valkyrie of Tellius. Nephenee is a combat beast. Remember how beastly Mercenaries were in Rekka no Ken and Sacred Stones? Stats that didn't excel in any one spot, but where high across the board, with a fantastic promoted class? Then they decide to make the only one in Path of Radiance non playable (Greil is a Hero). How do they make up for this? By creating a similar balanced stat class who wields a lance. The generic Soldier, the most pathetic class in the previous games, suddenly becomes one of the deadliest in Fire Emblem history, especially with a brand new promotion. Her fantastic personality and visual design are just icing on the cake.
4. Severa - The best generic unit in the game (not counting Lords, Avatars/Einherjar, and Morgan), Severa is an absolute beast in combat. Doesn't matter who her father is (though I'm partial to Stahl), she already gets access to all of Cordelia's classes, giving her the best class setup in the game. She also has a completely lovable tsundere personality. She may not rage as much as Noire, but she is still one mean lady with a heart of gold. And Galeforce.
5. Cordelia - Sorry, Mia, you would have been on the list, but then we got the DLCs for Awakening. While I really liked Cordelia before that, it was her role in the DLCs, her seashell collecting and other fun escapades, which really pushed my love of the character onto this list. They also handled her Chrom obsession way better in the DLC, toning it down for most of it (and giving the great scene between the two of them when Chrom is unmarried).

Honestly, though, there are far too many great characters that can't make this list.

Folt

Smash Ace
I liked the Lord Trio's relationship with each of their relatives (Uther for Hector, Elbert for Eliwood, and Lord Hausen for Lyn). The relationship that Robin has with Morgan is cute (for both genders) too.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I like the relation my avatar had with Chrom. It produced powerful babies, one of which tried to kill me.

Also, I'll probably redo my list in the fancy picture-explanation format people are using now. It looks prettier.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Talking about the Greil family, I found this picture on Zerochan :D

Cute family pic.

I didn't like it at all when this happiness was wrecked. I thought that Ike would take over but Greil would become somewhat of an adviser. :(

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Talking about the Greil family, I found this picture on Zerochan :D

Cute family pic.

I didn't like it at all when this happiness was wrecked. I thought that Ike would take over but Greil would become somewhat of an adviser. :(
The link is broken from where I'm viewing it, sorry. :( Try putting it on imgur and copy/paste the link from there.

What is it?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Oh ok. Will do so. How to upload it directly on the forum?
Hmm. I thought there was a way, but I can't find the option anymore. Looks like it has to be linked directly from another website, so you'll need to upload it to imgur or something similar.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The link is broken from where I'm viewing it, sorry. :( Try putting it on imgur and copy/paste the link from there.

What is it?
Well I did post it on an external website now and linked it here so the image should be displaying properly now. It is an adorable family picture of young Ike, Mist and their father! Sorry for all the botch up, ain't that experienced with forums so my bad.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well I did post it on an external website now and linked it here so the image should be displaying properly now. It is an adorable family picture of young Ike, Mist and their father! Sorry for all the botch up, ain't that experienced with forums so my bad.
Thanks! I really appreciate you sharing this picture for us.

It's very nice to see Greil look openly fatherly with his children together. He usually looks very stern like his son, which makes this fan art quite interesting.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Here goes my Top 10.

10. Elincia
9. Canas
8. Tibarn
7. Naesala
6. Ranulf
5. Ike
4. Sephiran
3. Haar
2. Shinon
1. Zihark

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot Hong, now I want to recruit a box of pizza.

My list 2.0, this time with tables, images and reasoning

Character | Reason
| Lyn was the first lord I was ever exposed to and following her story was the first baby step to my love for this fantastic series. However, what went on to propel her to being at the top for me is that of all the lord she winds up being a cool nomadic Blade Lord whose critical hits are easily the most awesome thing to exist in Fire Emblem. She was also for a long time my most wanted Smash newcomer before being stuck as AT forever, but still ... She's awesome.
| I expressed my impression of Nephenee here before. Basically, I love swordmasters and she immediately proved herself to be a swordmaster with lances. Always powerful, always reliable. She also was one of the first designs from PoR I became familiar with, which helped me be excited about her as soon as I saw her. Lastly, there's other personal reasons that make me biased in her favor. Oh yea, and I also have her texture in my Project M over Link ... it's kind of weird, but it actually got me to become really good with Link's moveset, surprisingly.
| Recently, in honor of Smash events, I went through Awakening's story again, and it led Robin to jump from five to three. Thing is, I think I never would have liked Awakening as much if not for Robin. I loved the story, I love what she adds to it, and the fact she's so versatile and destroys everything so easily is just awesome to me. Also, the design is glorious.
| I love swordmasters more than any other unit (halberdier comes way close though, but there's not many of those), and Joshua beats them all handily. The character started off as likable, over time became clearly overpowered, and then he turned out to be prince of Jehanna, just randomly. Oh man, so much awesome.
| Great backstory. So cute. And then if you raise her from weakling mage to Sage within one chapter she becomes goddess of all magic. I have played Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken so many times, and I can't help but put the effort into training her every single time, she's just really lovable.
| In terms of personality and likability, he stood out to me from way early in the game. I also happen to love wind magic whenever elemental magic is a thing, and him specializing in it meant he was always my mage of choice. Add to that the hugely significant side-story about his past, and that made him a no-brainer on my list.
| You never forget your first, and for me, Guy was my first swordmaster. Doesn't come close to comparing to Joshua, but he still was awesome enough that I wind up training him every single time, even when I tell myself I'll focus on Raven instead. I also love his bromance with Matthew, another very likable unit.
| This guy. When I ran into him in Awakening I was immediately a fan of him. I love his character, and I never understood why everyone hyped Tharja so much when she had this guy to compete with. In the end, I used them both, but the Henry appreciation is much higher. I also love his laughter followed by "I'm going to kill you!" critical. So much joy.
| I don't usually love axe users, but Hector set himself apart from his first chapter almost immediately. I still find him to be easily one of the best lords this series has provided in terms of stats as well as personality. Also, while eliwood seemed to calm and wimpy and everyman, Hector just seemed awesome and upfront. I like that, it gave the game's protagonists a good balance, and it gave Hector good dialogue.
| This is another one of those first Fire Emblem impressions that I'll never forget. At first I wanted to ditch her as soon as I got Will again, but no, I figured, let's give her a shot. And by God, she delivered huge time. She could solo half a map as an archer. Nothing hits her, and she's double everything to death. To me she's pretty much the golden standard of archers and every time I play the game I'm excited to see her ridiculous growth once more. Also, as with others here, I like her design a lot, between the green hair and the cute, innocent expression that killed half the enemy's army.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I don't think anyone's brought this up yet. Take a look at this clip:

So you know how they added a feature where characters that are far enough in kill range start giving off smoke? Well...Fox isn't doing that, and he gets sent flying.

I know he was a featherweight in Brawl, but this gives us reason to believe the Levin Sword is pretty damn powerful. Or at least the Levin f-air is. >_>

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Guys, it's been almost a moth since Robin was announced, and i'm still hyped as hell for it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I've actually been watching the trailer again a few times recently. It's just so surreal.

I've also been noticing a few things about it too that I don't think anyone's caught yet, like how Robin can seemingly act out of his roll the instant it stops gaining distance, instead of a few frames afterward, that the first charge Thunder looks to have IASA frames to it, and the twirling sword thing he does at the very start of the in-game footage may actually be a move, since we see male Robin taunting during his "I'm no ordinary Swordsman!" line and after he strikes Fox, and female Robin taunting when she shows up, but none of those taunts match up to the pose he pulls at the start, and it's too committed to be an idle pose from the looks of it.

Or maybe female Robin has her own set of taunts. :p

There's still a lot we don't know about this guy. But I'd really like to know now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom