• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't how to do the spoiler tags... I also want to know what Morgan would look like with Ridley as his father.
You do it like this:

[ spoiler ]insert whatever here[ /spoiler ]

Remove the spaces between the spoilers and the brackets and...

insert whatever here

And I'm not sure what Morgan would look like if his father was Ridley. Maybe he'll be purple and have wings and a stinger-tail or perhaps he'll, for some inexplicable reason, look exactly the same as he does in all other appearances. In Awakening, Morgan always inherits the class of Robin's spouse (so long as they're not a Lord, Dancer, or Conqueror), so either Morgan will be like Ridley or he'll just be a tactician.

...I'm not sure if I want to use Photoshop again to experiment with this.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You do it like this:

insert whatever here

And I'm not sure what Morgan would look like if his father was Ridley. Maybe he'll be purple and have wings and a stinger-tail or perhaps he'll, for some inexplicable reason, look exactly the same as he does in all other appearances. In Awakening, Morgan always inherits the class of Robin's spouse (so long as they're not a Lord, Dancer, or Conqueror), so either Morgan will be like Ridley or he'll just be a tactician.
Also, WHY CAN'T MORGAN BECOME A LORD IF HER MOTHER IS LUCINA?! I MEAN COME ON!!!

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
You do it like this:

insert whatever here

...I'm not sure if I want to use Photoshop again to experiment with this.
It wouldn't change his looks at all cause *COUGH*Grima*COUGH*, my bad...my cough is getting worse.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Also, WHY CAN'T MORGAN BECOME A LORD IF HER MOTHER IS LUCINA?! I MEAN COME ON!!!
Mmm-hmm. :(

I'd really like to see fanart of Morgan as a Lord, with both genders.

But if that were the case, then they would have to wield Falchion, which would go against the storyline.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

But if that were the case, then they would have to wield Falchion, which would go against the storyline.
If Morgan is :4lucina:'s daughter she should be able to wield Falchion.

Hong

The Strongest
But not weapon weight. No more weapon weight. Ever.
I liked weapon weight because it created another leverage for in which weapons, classes and characters can be balanced. A Mercenary can wield more than a Myrmidon, and thus they can justify Myrmidons having more speed, for example.

Awakening is such a mess with its massive library of weapons. Dark tomes should be super heavy IMO. Nosferatu and Aversa's Night are a bit of a sore spot, because if not for that the classes would have been very well balanced. Even if they set Nosferatu's Mt to 1, it would still be broken. :/
... Damnit to hell, i just recently began playing Awakening, and i was sure i would take the default look for M-Robin because i always liked characters with white hair and that is his smash appearance...And then i saw i coiuld get basically the shade of red that my favourite anime character has.. (go figure, hint, its my avatar)...Damn. Now i have join the ones hoping for the possibility of pallette swaps with different haircolours D:
For what it's worth, I have learned that the hair colour in the portrait is immensely lighter than it is on the model. Granted, having to see it the wrong colour on the portrait all the time is sure to get to you.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I found weapon weight more hassle than it's worth, too.
Pretty much the one character stat thing I really kinda missed is skill points. made you really think about what to slap on who instead of focusing on getting Galeforce on everybody because it's so hilariously broken.
Though skill balance could have just been a lot better in Awakening.
Or balance in general.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Weapon weight is awesome when it isn't tied to the Con stat. It was a lot better when tied to Str because that stat actually went up outside of promotions. After that the only thing I would do is make tomes based on Mag stat instead of Str, and increase the weigh appropriately as a result ofc.

there's a lot of things Awakening could have done better though lol.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I'm willing to bet that in a story with time travel and alternate dimensions a lot of rules are going to take a smoke break.

Just a thought.

Folt

Smash Ace
I'm not much of a fan of weapon weight. Whether mitigated by Con or by Strength (or by nothing), they are just as flawed as no weight at all.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I know this is late, like super late, but I can still remember when Robin was revealed. I was just screaming no F*&king way! At my monitor as it happened.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
What would people think if Robin became the default name of the avatar character moving forward, over the course of different games, lands, & generations? Assuming the avatar role returns of course (and it probably will considering the backlash from FE's new fans from Awakening if it was left out). So like Link in the Zelda series.

I am personally in favor of it, and that would make for a seamless transition for Robin in SSB5. Other than that, Robin is really awesome name, and its cool for both genders.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I prefer Ruflet.
Isn't it Reflet? Why did they name the avatar, English name (Robin) in Awakening after Isaac's Japanese name? It is confusing to some people.

I haven't really played Awakening so I can't say whether the Avatar can return with his name again.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I like Robin as a name but if future tacticians will turn into something like Link... I kinda doubt it. They'll probably design a new MyUnit character each time. Just with a good chance that they'll be the army's tactician and maybe also inhereting that role as a class.

Seems to be more the style FE would handle things.

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't mind new unique starting classes for MU.

I would love if MU was a Soldier or bow+staff user, for example.

D

Deleted member

I would love for the Tactician to return in future Fire Emblem games and it would be a shame if they dropped that class as well as the avatar's customization.
If customizable Tacticians do return in the future, I assume that they will all be different characters with different names rather than being basically the Link of Fire Emblem. I do see that Robin could have a descendent in future games, however.

Hong

The Strongest
FE4 Remake please. You would only *******ize it with an avatar (that has story relevance), although they could just throw it in I suppose.
It actually worked surprisingly well in FE12. Kris felt alright.

I'm all for a remake of Gaiden that makes it less JRPG and more FE, or a remake that encapsulates both entries of the Jugdral saga. Thracia 776 was great on the eyes and ears alike, and had awesome mechanics. Just suffered from a bit of fake difficulty, which often takes away from some the genuine challenge it had to offer.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I'm only at Chapter 8 currently and already made a huge mistake that cost me 2 Master and 2 Second Seals... Promoted MU and Long'qu when they were at mere lvl 12... ARGH. Second sealed them back to tactitian and...whatever the hell Long'qus starting class is in english...Myrmeidon? Anyway, also finished my first S-Support... Long'qu with Panne...the Taguel shall survive! Prpably going for Nowi/Gaius next then Ricken and Lissa just cuz.

•Col•

Smash Champion
FE4 Remake please. You would only *******ize it with an avatar (that has story relevance), although they could just throw it in I suppose.
FE6 + FE7 collection remake. :3c

There's even already a tactician player character in FE7. (Although you were a silent protagonist then) So they could pretty easily put the MU chartacter as the tactician there for a remake.

When you move onto the FE6 portion of the game, the MU you created will age and the story could get errata'd so that you act as the tactician for Roy's army as well. (Rather than Roy acting as the tactician himself, like in the original game)

EDIT: While looking up information about the Tactician character in FE7, I found a weird little tidbit.. The default name for the FE7 tactician is Marc, which is also Morgan's name in the Japanese version.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Tactician_(character)

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
FE6 + FE7 collection remake. :3c

There's even already a tactician player character in FE7. (Although you were a silent protagonist then) So they could pretty easily put the MU chartacter as the tactician there for a remake.

When you move onto the FE6 portion of the game, the MU you created will age and the story could get errata'd so that you act as the tactician for Roy's army as well. (Rather than Roy acting as the tactician himself, like in the original game)

EDIT: While looking up information about the Tactician character in FE7, I found a weird little tidbit.. The default name for the FE7 tactician is Marc, which is also Morgan's name in the Japanese version.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Tactician_(character)
Yea that would be really cool. They would have to tweak the storyline around a bit but this game could be legendary! Heck Blazing Sword is still regarded to be the best by many FE fans and Sealed Swords never officially made it out Japan which was one heck of a good game. Roy is one of my favourite characters, just not interested for him in Smash.

Wait if you control your avatar and max him out in the Blazing Sword version, how would you use him properly in the Sealed Sword continuation? He would be too OP right? And I wouldn't want to make him Jeigan like just to compensate or something.

Yea Nintendo has a weird habit of using such names. Robin, the name of newest tactician in English versions of Awakening, is the name of Isaac from Golden Sun in the Japanese version. He was the original Robin.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Yea Nintendo has a weird habit of using such names. Robin, the name of newest tactician in English versions of Awakening, is the name of Isaac from Golden Sun in the Japanese version. He was the original Robin.
Actually he wasn't.
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Robin_(Gaiden)

Besides, it's just a name. With the amount of characters in RPGs, I'm surprised this kinda of thing doesn't happen more often.

Last edited:

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see some vids of robin with gameplay and some sort of analysis. I don't get why out of all chars the least is known about robin. Pretty much all characters have a very detailed analysis by now or at least some gameplay. Sure, she isn't available from the start but there are more that aren't.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Actually he wasn't.
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Robin_(Gaiden)

Besides, it's just a name. With the amount of characters in RPGs, I'm surprised this kinda of thing doesn't happen more often.
Drat! I got a detail wrong! Well whatever, atleast the Golden Sun japanese Robin definitely came before the english Awakening Robin. By a gap of 12 years.

Well that is true about not happening more, maybe this could have happened more since Robin is not really a very, how to put it, different name.

It is Nintendo who have a long list of long running franchises so maybe they just didn't pay attention to one or 2 games. Although the Robin from Fire Emblem Gaiden was not a major character compared to Golden Sun Isaac (so far series protagonist) or Robin in Awakening who is one of the 3 main characters, plus one that you can customize yourself. Repetition of minor characters can still be very possible.

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
What would people think if Robin became the default name of the avatar character moving forward, over the course of different games, lands, & generations? Assuming the avatar role returns of course (and it probably will considering the backlash from FE's new fans from Awakening if it was left out). So like Link in the Zelda series.

I am personally in favor of it, and that would make for a seamless transition for Robin in SSB5. Other than that, Robin is really awesome name, and its cool for both genders.
I wouldn't really care either way, since I never use the default name, but I don't think it's too likely. A customizable tactician like Robin is not completely new to the FE series. FE7 had a player tactician whose default name was Marc, then FE12 had an Avatar with the default name Kris. So I imagine Robin will just be the FE13 avatar.

And I would be so excited for a FE6/7 remake with a tactician connecting the games. They could even implement a sort of generation system, combining the parent-child systems from FE4/13 with the transfer system from FE9->10. I've played all the NA FE games, and would jump on a chance to play some of the JPN-only ones without any illegal downloading.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Just to clarify, I was talking purely about keeping the name. The design, personality, and role in the story could always change of course. Even the class could change, although I think the Tactician as a class makes perfect sense for the avatar character for way too many reasons. The Tactician uses both Magic and Attack, which gives players the option the choose. The role tactician is what the player actually is by playing the game. And finally, it's hard to imagine that class going to anyone besides the avatar, without it being an option to the avatar.

I like Robin as a name but if future tacticians will turn into something like Link... I kinda doubt it. They'll probably design a new MyUnit character each time. Just with a good chance that they'll be the army's tactician and maybe also inhereting that role as a class.

Seems to be more the style FE would handle things.
I think they could redesign the Avatar character every game. Assuming that the avatar is tactician, the designs would be similar in the same way that the cavalier is in FE7 to FE13. That is to say it would be up to the artist of the game to design the character.

I prefer Ruflet.
I should have been more specific. Regions get to keep their specific name, so Ruflet would be name in Japan and Robin would be the name in the West, and whatever other names exist keep existing.
I wouldn't really care either way, since I never use the default name, but I don't think it's too likely. A customizable tactician like Robin is not completely new to the FE series. FE7 had a player tactician whose default name was Marc, then FE12 had an Avatar with the default name Kris. So I imagine Robin will just be the FE13 avatar.
The difference between those two example and Robin is that first of all Awakening was a smashing success and Robin's role in the story played a big role in that. The other thing is that due to the Smash Bros Reveal, Robin might have the third most name recognition in FE across the gaming community.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Just to clarify, I was talking purely about keeping the name. The design, personality, and role in the story could always change of course. Even the class could change, although I think the Tactician as a class makes perfect sense for the avatar character for way too many reasons. The Tactician uses both Magic and Attack, which gives players the option the choose. The role tactician is what the player actually is by playing the game. And finally, it's hard to imagine that class going to anyone besides the avatar, without it being an option to the avatar.

I think they could redesign the Avatar character every game. Assuming that the avatar is tactician, the designs would be similar in the same way that the cavalier is in FE7 to FE13. That is to say it would be up to the artist of the game to design the character.
Hmm well if the the tacticians in the next games have as large a storyline role as the Tactician in Awakening then no, because it would be too confusing. We would have to refer to him/her as RobinA, RobinB, RobinC or Robin13, Robin14, Robin15. Heck that is confusing and totally needless.

Although keeping the name constant could make Robin seem as a term for tactician. The Robin of the next game is.... blah blah. Stuff like that.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Hmm well if the the tacticians in the next games have as large a storyline role as the Tactician in Awakening then no, because it would be too confusing. We would have to refer to him/her as RobinA, RobinB, RobinC or Robin13, Robin14, Robin15. Heck that is confusing and totally needless.

Although keeping the name constant could make Robin seem as a term for tactician. The Robin of the next game is.... blah blah. Stuff like that.
Or it could be like what we do with all the different Links (Wind Waker Link, OoT Link, TP Link etc). It wouldnt be that hard. Zelda fans seem capable of doing so, and we should be smarter. We have better strategy after all.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Or it could be like what we do with all the different Links (Wind Waker Link, OoT Link, TP Link etc). It wouldnt be that hard. Zelda fans seem capable of doing so, and we should be smarter. We have better strategy after all.
Yea but Link is a different case! Or I seem to think.

Zelda has more common recurring characters with similar under theme which can be said for Fire Emblem as well but on a broader scale. Each Fire Emblem usually has a different land with a different/new cast of characters with their own story that usually does not last for more than 1 or 2 games. Having the tactician named Robin in each FE could be a good move and merit his inclusion as the same character in all future Smash games. But to me it just does not seem right in Fire Emblem games.

I could be wrong though.

D

Deleted member

In case you couldn't tell by my signature, I replaced King K. Rool with Robin. (I still support him, however)

I have unlocked some of his supports for the past few days and I am starting to really like the character. Not only is he a fantastic unit, but I also enjoy his personality and there were points in his supports where I said, "Hey! I think that I would have said something like this!" I would probably put him in a list of my top 10 video game characters.

I just wish that I started to support him way back then instead of the night before his confirmation. :( I would have easily taken him over Chrom. I'm glad he's here and I'm more than ecstatic that he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
In case you couldn't tell by my signature, I replaced King K. Rool with Robin. (I still support him, however)

I have unlocked some of his supports for the past few days and I am starting to really like the character. Not only is he a fantastic unit, but I also enjoy his personality and there were points in his supports where I said, "Hey! I think that I would have said something like this!" I would probably put him in a list of my top 10 video game characters.

I just wish that I started to support him way back then instead of the night before his confirmation. :( I would have easily taken him over Chrom. I'm glad he's here and I'm more than ecstatic that he is.
So I take it that you haven't actually played Fire Emblem Awakening before? I don't remember you here before Robin's confirmation. If so, congrats on finally getting in.

Robin is one of my favorite video game characters, and she is also my favorite female FE character. Most of her supports in general are very well-done (with some exceptions, like Chrom *ugh*).

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I like him more than Chrom because he actually brings something to the table with all sorts of magic and sword moves (I went through 99.99% of Awakening with my character using magic). Though, potential aside, I find him to be incredibly bland as well. He's supposed to be me and I named him after me... but he's nothing like me. I can't relate to this guy at all!
So, you've had a change of heart?

D

Deleted member

So I take it that you haven't actually played Fire Emblem Awakening before? I don't remember you here before Robin's confirmation. If so, congrats on finally getting in.

Robin is one of my favorite video game characters, and she is also my favorite female FE character. Most of her supports in general are very well-done (with some exceptions, like Chrom *ugh*).
I've first played Fire Emblem: Awakening last month and I loved it. So much so that I played through the game twice and I'm thinking about doing a third playthrough.
Also, I was here the night before his confirmation. The irony of it all when he was confirmed the next day.
http://smashboards.com/threads/time...scussion-thread.334742/page-141#post-17054814
I read her supports with Chrom online. I really didn't sense any connection between female Robin and Chrom.
[collapse=Some stuff]To be honest, my favorite female FE:A character is Tharja. Not only is she a fantastic unit, but I also really enjoyed some of her supports. I actually really like her as a character.[/collapse]

Yes I have. I actually regret what I've said back then.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, all you really said was that you thought Robin had a bland personality. Nothing wrong with that; Robin doesn't exactly have the most interesting personality ever.

Robin supporters have had to put up with a lot worse in the past...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was never in this thread but made similar comments when both Robin and Lucina were revealed. And now that I've finished Awakening(I got a copy after the reveal), I really regret not being excited over it.

True, my main out of the two is Lucina, but I intend to use Robin in non-serious matches as well, as he's my second favorite FE character behind Lucina.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, all you really said was that you thought Robin had a bland personality. Nothing wrong with that; Robin doesn't exactly have the most interesting personality ever.

Robin supporters have had to put up with a lot worse in the past...
That's true. Still, I like his overall character and backstory. He was an enjoyable character in Awakening.

I bet that it was tough for you guys, especially with the Gematsu leak and Chrom. To be honest, I braced myself into thinking that he was going to get in (I thought that he would get in without Gematsu) and I tried to like him... but I couldn't. Hell, I even call Chrom "Blandy" sometimes.

I was never in this thread but made similar comments when both Robin and Lucina were revealed. And now that I've finished Awakening(I got a copy after the reveal), I really regret not being excited over it.

True, my main out of the two is Lucina, but I intend to use Robin in non-serious matches as well, as he's my second favorite FE character behind Lucina.
I downloaded Awakening a month before the reveal and I'm just upset that I couldn't join in earlier.

I dunno if I'll main Robin though. I'll probably use him a lot, but I want to see his mechanics in a full fight. I'm a bit confused as to how they will exactly work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom