• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
He also shares a niche with Henry as being the only ones able to pass down the Sorcerer class set, as well as light hair. Actually thinking of pairing him with Maribelle in my next play through just to get the light hair on Brady, since I hate how he looks with dark hair.

I kind of like him with Nowi too, since it's one of Nowi's few support conversations where she shows her mature side. Plus, if you use FeMU and have Morgan pair with Nah, Libra being her father would explain why she's such a devout Naga worshipper. Granted, this is the ONLY support where she mentions Naga at all, so it's kind of weird how she's so deep in her worship.

•Col•

Smash Champion
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The healing effect of Nosferatu isn't much better than pummeling, unless it heals for a lot.
I'm actually guessing that Nosferatu's damage/healing from behind will be much higher than when you hit the front of the person. It'd be a unique way to balance such a move since there aren't any others like it in Smash.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
He also shares a niche with Henry as being the only ones able to pass down the Sorcerer class set, as well as light hair. Actually thinking of pairing him with Maribelle in my next play through just to get the light hair on Brady, since I hate how he looks with dark hair.

I kind of like him with Nowi too, since it's one of Nowi's few support conversations where she shows her mature side. Plus, if you use FeMU and have Morgan pair with Nah, Libra being her father would explain why she's such a devout Naga worshipper. Granted, this is the ONLY support where she mentions Naga at all, so it's kind of weird how she's so deep in her worship.
I like Nowi and Henry's S-support. Because it flows into Nah's C-support with Henry so freaking well.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually feeling kind of nostalgic for the days before Robin's confirmation. This thread was a lot more active and sillier in the past.

But I suppose it's the price to pay for an official confirmation of a character you really want. It could have been worse, though.
It's gonna feel the weirdest at Ridley's thread when/should his day come. The over-the-top shenanigans have been going on for so long there that the "normalization" afterwards will be incredibly strange.

But to add about pairings, I haven't done anything with Robin in my playthrough yet. I'm thinking Lucina maybe?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Overrated? Sure.

Useless? Absolutely not.
I didn't call Armshift itself useless. I called Nos + Armshift useless. Armshift alone obviously has it's uses. But Nos is a common skill that can be bought. It doesn't need Armshift.

That happens a surprising amount in this day and age.

Libra in general is actually a very well-written character. His most superficial detail, being "feminine", does not dictate his personality. He has all kinds of talents and gifts you'd never know about without reading his supports. Even though he is a man who is both devout and has simple needs, he's a little melancholy just the same.

Since he's a pre-promote and only really talks when you recruit him, it's so easy to skip over him unfortunately. :(
He's one of the better pre-promotes in Awakening imo. He starts with decent stats and his growth rates are good enough to keep him with everyone else. And if you other staff users are under-leveled he makes a good replacement for them and if you abuse staffs correctly you can level him up fast too outside of battling.

Though in this playthrough of mine Mariabelle is like level 16 already, I'm at chapter 10, but her stats have been depressingly underwhelming this playthrough, which is surprising considering her good growth rates and she just isn't proving to be good enough to keep with these stats of her as come promoting I will want to use her to battle as well as support. I'm considering using Libra instead because of this, since I have Lissa class changed to a Pegasus (and she is going to get benched when I get Olivia anyway).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It's gonna feel the weirdest at Ridley's thread when/should his day come. The over-the-top shenanigans have been going on for so long there that the "normalization" afterwards will be incredibly strange.

But to add about pairings, I haven't done anything with Robin in my playthrough yet. I'm thinking Lucina maybe?
I would go with Lucina. Aether Morgan is a freaking goddess. Also, changes the confrontation scene. And you can pretend their ending is that they get confirmed for Smash!
I love this pairing too much...

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

As far as gameplay is concerned, Henry is my favourite father for Brady.

You can get Axefaire from the Berserker. The Bolt Axe is just a step below the highest tier of tomes, only more accessible. As a War Cleric, you got a rather robust healer/nuker who can use the extra +5 Mag for some added Physic/Rescue range. And of course the Thief inheritance is always good for utility and support-based characters.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I didn't call Armshift itself useless. I called Nos + Armshift useless. Armshift alone obviously has it's uses. But Nos is a common skill that can be bought. It doesn't need Armshift.
If you have good Armsthrift, you should be using forged Aversa's Night anyway. Far more power, so more healing, and much less durability.

Sorceror with Sol + Armsthrift + Vantage + All Stats +2 + Limit Breaker. Because the game isn't broken enough.

He's one of the better pre-promotes in Awakening imo. He starts with decent stats and his growth rates are good enough to keep him with everyone else. And if you other staff users are under-leveled he makes a good replacement for them and if you abuse staffs correctly you can level him up fast too outside of battling.
Rescue staff. Free Exp.

Though in this playthrough of mine Mariabelle is like level 16 already, I'm at chapter 10, but her stats have been depressingly underwhelming this playthrough, which is surprising considering her good growth rates and she just isn't proving to be good enough to keep with these stats of her as come promoting I will want to use her to battle as well as support. I'm considering using Libra instead because of this, since I have Lissa class changed to a Pegasus (and she is going to get benched when I get Olivia anyway).
I just love to farm/grind too much. Currently I just got Cherce on my Lunatic playthrough. Every other character has maxed all their stats and acquired all of their skills. I'm kind of OCD about that sort of thing. >.>

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
If I were a betting man I would bet that Chrom is not the only person that comes out of Robin's FS. I am more willing to bet it is support attack and that a large cast of FE:A characters can appear.

It's just the way that he calls Chrom's name and his cut in appears that gives me the impression that this attack is expandable to other characters as well.
I would love this so much if you could change which character is summoned.

Though the only other characters I'd use (other than Chrom) would be Tharja or possibly Cordelia

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If you have good Armsthrift, you should be using forged Aversa's Night anyway. Far more power, so more healing, and much less durability.

Sorceror with Sol + Armsthrift + Vantage + All Stats +2 + Limit Breaker. Because the game isn't broken enough.
I've already gone over that about Aversa's Night. Thing is so hard to get though.

Rescue staff. Free Exp.
Uhm yea. That's why I said "if you abuse staffs correctly you can level him up fast too outside of battling". :dizzy:

I just love to farm/grind too much. Currently I just got Cherce on my Lunatic playthrough. Every other character has maxed all their stats and acquired all of their skills. I'm kind of OCD about that sort of thing. >.>
I only grind when I either get a new character and want to use them instead of one of my current character, like I will do with Olivia, so that they can get caught up with everyone else, or or for post game.

It's no fun breezing through everything, at least for me.

But I really dislike Lunatic mode. The beginning of it sucks so much and is just so luck based, Lunatic+ is ever worse in that regard, and even when you get access to DLC it doesn;t get much better from that luck factor with the way maps are built in Awakening. >_>

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Or perhaps Nosferatu heals for half the damage dealt when it "grabs" the enemy from the front, but heals for all of it when you hit their back?

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
That happens a surprising amount in this day and age.

Libra in general is actually a very well-written character. His most superficial detail, being "feminine", does not dictate his personality. He has all kinds of talents and gifts you'd never know about without reading his supports. Even though he is a man who is both devout and has simple needs, he's a little melancholy just the same.

Since he's a pre-promote and only really talks when you recruit him, it's so easy to skip over him unfortunately. :(
Glad to see some Libra love in here. I loved his design from the moment he showed up, and I pretty much instantly decided I was pairing Robin with him. After all, someone had to have taught Morgan how to be so adorably androgynous. :b

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Glad to see some Libra love in here. I loved his design from the moment he showed up, and I pretty much instantly decided I was pairing Robin with him. After all, someone had to have taught Morgan how to be so adorably androgynous. :b
I preferred Lucius, to be honest.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I preferred Lucius, to be honest.
Had to look him up since I haven't played any of the GBA iterations. He looks like the sort of character I would be drawn to though. I really do admire the character designers for the series. They do a great job of coming up with engaging characters that you wouldn't expect to see much of anywhere else.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Or perhaps Nosferatu heals for half the damage dealt when it "grabs" the enemy from the front, but heals for all of it when you hit their back?
....That's essentially what I just said.

Depending on whether your a glass half-full or half-empty kind of guy, I guess.. lol

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
....That's essentially what I just said.

Depending on whether your a glass half-full or half-empty kind of guy, I guess.. lol
You said damage and healing goes up when backstabbing. Del is proposing that just healing goes up during backstabs.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I finally finished Awakening! Yay! I can post around here without worrying about being spoiled! :)

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I finally finished Awakening! Yay! I can post around here without worrying about being spoiled! :)
*Sees Henry avatar*
*Sees Henry quotes in sig*
I'm glad it only took you one playthrough to realize who the greatest character in the game is.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Can you guys explain why you like Henry so much? I've played this game many times but i've never really "gotten into" Henry (No Homo).

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Can you guys explain why you like Henry so much? I've played this game many times but i've never really "gotten into" Henry (No Homo).
Well, Henry is interesting I suppose. I don't care much for his jokes, but his backstory is okay. His crows are probably the reason I like him.

Hong

The Strongest
Henry is alright. I'd have preferred if he had utilized more subtlety with his puns. The Caps Lock just makes them obnoxious.

He has a decent backstory, however.

Last edited:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Robin's backstory, Robin can potentially be the oldest Fire Emblem character in Super Smash Bros 4.

If you read some of Awakening's backstory, Chrom was revealed to be 19 years old at the start of the game and 21 after the time skip. In Female Robin's support with Aversa, Aversa claims that she's 8 years older than Chrom (Robin claims that she's more like 12 years older) making Aversa 29 years old (or 33). In male Robin's support with Aversa, she claims that she was adopted into Validar's family after Robin was born and that she was older than him. Robin can potentially be 28 (or 32) years old in the game after the 2 year timeskip.

Last edited:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Speaking of Robin's backstory, Robin can potentially be the oldest Fire Emblem character in Super Smash Bros 4.

If you read some of Awakening's backstory, Chrom was revealed to be 19 years old at the start of the game and 21 after the time skip. In Female Robin's support with Aversa, Aversa claims that she's 8 years older than Chrom (Robin claims that she's more like 12 years older) making Aversa 29 years old (or 33). In male Robin's support with Aversa, she claims that she was adopted into Validar's family after Robin was born and that she was older than him. Robin can potentially be 28 (or 32) years old in the game after the 2 year timeskip.
I think you did something wrong. I remember doing that math before. I believe it was lissa that was 19 at the beginning and 21 by the end. I think chrom was 23 and 25 respectively.

But that sounds even more odd, because of Aversa.... Hmm. I need to look this up.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think you did something wrong. I remember doing that math before. I believe it was lissa that was 19 at the beginning and 21 by the end. I think chrom was 23 and 25 respectively.

But that sounds even more odd, because of Aversa.... Hmm. I need to look this up.
I think it was Chrom who was 19 at the start of the game.

Not sure about Lissa, but she seems too young to be nearly 20.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Emmeryn became the Exalt at 9 years old, 15 years prior to the start of the game. Supplemental material puts Chrom at 6 years younger than Emm:

So Chrom is 18-19 years old at the start, with Lissa either 14 or 15.

Hong

The Strongest
Ah... an older more mature character. That's good.

No offence but I am tired of JRPGs and their sword-wielding youngin's always saving the world. Meanwhile western games typically have some gritty dude as the protagonist. A realistic-bodied 30ish-year-old character is a healthier balance.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't know. I always saw Robin as being the same age as Chrom (age 19), or perhaps a year older at most.

You don't need to be 30-something in order to be wise.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Emmeryn became the Exalt at 9 years old, 15 years prior to the start of the game. Supplemental material puts Chrom at 6 years younger than Emm:

So Chrom is 18-19 years old at the start, with Lissa either 14 or 15.
Edit:Wait. I said something stupid. Disregard this.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Young Chrom... ~3~

The game would have been cutercooler if it had started 16 years earlier and just skipped the whole Valm thing.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Young Chrom... ~3~

The game would have been cutercooler if it had started 16 years earlier and just skipped the whole Valm thing.
D'awww.

I still think Young Robin is just as adorable.

Never mind their blank stares.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Ah... an older more mature character. That's good.

No offence but I am tired of JRPGs and their sword-wielding youngin's always saving the world. Meanwhile western games typically have some gritty dude as the protagonist. A realistic-bodied 30ish-year-old character is a healthier balance.
What do you mean, realistic bodied?

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Guys, it's almost August and I'm still in disbelief. I just ... holy crap, I can't believe it happened.
I can still remember that morning.

The weekend prior to the trailer I had posted the news on Facebook in my local area's Smash page. We discussed the Gematsu leak and how this trailer could be one of the three remaining, but I piped up and said that I still thought Sal made a case of mistaken identity and that Chrom was actually "Fire Emblem Awakening protagonist", leaving the character cryptic and vague like Greninja. Day later, at an anime con, I mentioned that the character I was wanted most of all was Robin, but that I could wait until release and let Shulk and Chorus Men have their trailers, especially since the Xenoblade writer had retweeted the trailer news.

Morning of the trailer I had an appointment to make 30 minutes afterward in a town an hour away, so I just left real early to have the time to boot up the computer and connect to the campus's internet. By sheer luck, the blocks for the main connection were down for the day, so I synced up and got myself ready outside the meeting room.

I was prepared for Shulk.

I saw Lucina. My heart skipped a beat.

I saw the green energy shots. I assumed Monado Purge, and prepared for Shulk.

I saw Robin. My heart stopped.

I fidgeted like crazy in front of like 30 students. I did not care.

My phone started chiming and vibrating like crazy with messages telling me Robin was in and how I'd be really happy if I didn't see the the trailer yet and how I kept the faith alive.

Best day ever. I'll remember this for a while. <3

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Well, Henry is interesting I suppose. I don't care much for his jokes, but his backstory is okay. His crows are probably the reason I like him.
When he first appeared he really made a good impression on me. I love stupid puns!
I think it's interesting how they actually give a back story to explain his...strange personality, and I love it.
He's has a surprising amount of intrigue to his fairly straightforward personality. His supports really drive home how much he cares about his friends while at the same time being a freakin' psychopath, and I can't help but love that.

And, this is a more personal note, but in a conversation with Libra in one of the DLCs or something, he says that he doesn't believe in "the gods." I thought that was rather funny and peculiar given every other character in the game presumably isn't an athiest, and, as an athiest, I just thought it was kind of funny and it really jumped out at me.

ALL OF THAT, and then I discover that we "share" the same "birthday."
He's a fictional character, hence why two of those words are in quotes, but, that aside, it was clearly meant to be that he be my favorite character!

Anna's an extremely close second though.

D

Deleted member

It doesn't take much to guess who my favorite character is...:p

If we're talking strictly Awakening a very close second goes to Henry with an Honorable Mention to Cherche, Tiki, Lon'Qu and Gerome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom