• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
*Looks at new cover for the site*

Boooooo. They just missed an opportunity to have three females on one side of the screen, and three males on the other. Whatever happened to Sakurai's attempts to balance the gender ratio?

I'm still somewhat happy that Robin is up there at least, but couldn't it have been the female one in this instance?

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Boooooo. They just missed an opportunity to have three females on one side of the screen, and three males on the other. Whatever happened to Sakurai's attempts to balance the gender ratio?

I'm still somewhat happy that Robin is up there at least, but couldn't it have been the female one in this instance?
Dang it, I was just about to point that out.

Shiek is a guy tho :troll:

I'm not the only one that doesn't really care one way or the other about Robin's gender, am I?
I'll probably end up using both fairly evenly, honestly. They're designs for Smash both look pretty appealing.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The three on the right exemplify sheer force, while the three on the left are paragons of technical prowess. So the pattern is kinda sorta present?

#Rationalizing

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Dang it, I was just about to point that out.

Shiek is a guy tho :troll:

I'm not the only one that doesn't really care one way or the other about Robin's gender, am I?
I'll probably end up using both fairly evenly, honestly. They're designs for Smash both look pretty appealing.
Poor ZSS is the token girl. :denzel:

I don't normally mind the issue of Robin's gender, but I dislike it a lot whenever people try to reinforce a "canon" gender for him/her, like this site seems to be doing. I'm the kind of person who likes the opportunity to have different options in deciding how a story should go in an RPG, whether there should be good or evil routes, or that the main protagonist should be a boy or a girl. Open-world games are some of my favorites, after all.

But personally speaking, I do actually prefer the female Robin because she has a more interesting design. But I wouldn't want to say that's the canon gender.

Last edited:

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Poor ZSS is the token girl. :denzel:

I don't normally mind the issue of Robin's gender, but I dislike it a lot whenever people try to reinforce a "canon" gender for him/her, like this site seems to be doing. I'm the kind of person who likes the opportunity to have different options in deciding how a story should go in an RPG, whether good or evil routes or that the main protagonist should be a boy or a girl.

But personally speaking, I do actually prefer the female Robin because she has a more interesting design. But I wouldn't want to say that's the canon gender.
"Canon" is the wrong word.
There's a "default" gender. Just like there's a "default" design.
Though, I mean, one of them had to be the default gender. 50-50 :awesome:
Though I get what you're sayin' But, like I said, it has to default to one of them. Unless the default choice was "random."
Whatever!
I'm too busy admiring the moveset and conception to worry about what I personally see as trivialities.
I'm actually more confused as to why why all of characters in the banner use Smash4 artworks...
And then there's PM Roy. :troll:

On the topic of gender from the source material, though, I personally prefer male.
Though that's only because it means I get female Morgan, and I prefer female Morgan to male by a long shot.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
"Canon" is the wrong word.
There's a "default" gender. Just like there's a "default" design.
Though, I mean, one of them had to be the default gender. 50-50 :awesome:
Though I get what you're sayin' But, like I said, it has to default to one of them. Unless the default choice was "random."
Whatever!
I'm too busy admiring the moveset and conception to worry about what I personally see as trivialities.
I'm actually more confused as to why why all of characters in the banner use Smash4 artworks...
And then there's PM Roy. :troll:

On the topic of gender from the source material, though, I personally prefer male.
Though that's only because it means I get female Morgan, and I prefer female Morgan to male by a long shot.
Fair enough. We don't need Roy in there, that we can agree on. :troll: Replace him with Lucina.

And Morgan's okay in both genders. I don't really see which one is better.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
And Morgan's okay in both genders. I don't really see which one is better.
I just think Morgan's demeanor is more fitting and adorable in the female than the male. That and I prefer most of female Morgan's supports to male's. That's not to say that a few of the male's don't particularly stand out to me either.
Granted, my first time experiencing the character(s) I got the female one, so there's that handsome piece of bias! :awesome:

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

Yes. That is a fanmade confession scene for Morgan male. If you want the audio click here
STAHP
I already accepted the fact that cousins can marry since it's apparently fine in Japanese culture.
BUT THIS?
I DRAW DA LINE

inb4 Chrom x Lucina fanfic

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
On the topic of Robin's age, since you can select "shota" or "loli" Robin if you wish to, i don't think he/she even has a canonic age ... Unless

being possessed by Grima causes him/her not to age at all.

Hong

The Strongest
On the topic of Robin's age, since you can select "shota" or "loli" Robin if you wish to, i don't think he/she even has a canonic age ... Unless

I'm 26 and people still ask me what grade I'm in.:4robinf:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice

That's the side of effect of being a "Branded." Validar did say that

Robin had Grima's blood inside of him/her.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace

I'm honestly not surprised that Male Robin's shown a bit more prominently than the female, since I've pegged him as the default gender from the very beginning, and I'm pretty sure that's Sakurai's intention as well.

Generally, I'm of the opinion that the gender that takes preference over the other is the default one (the male in this case), and the default gender is the "canon" gender for me. Of course, you're free to think otherwise.

And... well, it has precedence; If you're looking at a specific character on the official site and want to go to another one, Robin's mugshot only shows the male:

(Also, I think Smash is more gender-equal than many other fighting games, given that we have so many interesting fighters from both genders that practically anyone should be able to find something or someone that they like.)

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
And, this is a more personal note, but in a conversation with Libra in one of the DLCs or something, he says that he doesn't believe in "the gods." I thought that was rather funny and peculiar given every other character in the game presumably isn't an athiest, and, as an athiest, I just thought it was kind of funny and it really jumped out at me.
Well, it's easy to believe in at least Naga when you know someone wielding a sword enchanted by her.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I'd buy a Fire Emblem game starring Cynthia.

Like ten times.

Her victory quotes are too much. D: I can't handle the cuteness and I can be like on a bus and I'll just be smiling like a doofus.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, it's easy to believe in at least Naga when you know someone wielding a sword enchanted by her.
I thought that Naga was simply hailed as a goddess, I do not believe that she actually is one. Similar to Sal Romano ('s source) before people realized that he made a mistake, as humans tend to do. :troll:

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'd buy a Fire Emblem game starring Cynthia.

Like ten times.

Her victory quotes are too much. D: I can't handle the cuteness and I can be like on a bus and I'll just be smiling like a doofus.
If it also stars Owain and Gerome, I'm in!

Hong

The Strongest
This image almost has it.

Guess Gerome couldn't handle the heroism and bowed out during the journey.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
This image almost has it.

Guess Gerome couldn't handle the heroism and bowed out during the journey.
Is that M!Morgan? I would rather have F!Morgan, and her superpowers.
Also, I totally bet Cynthia dragged Gerome along. Whether he wanted to or not.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
The children Paralogues are extremely hard if you do them too early in the game. I have 7, I think, available, but I can't beat a single one!

D

Deleted member

The children Paralogues are extremely hard if you do them too early in the game. I have 7, I think, available, but I can't beat a single one!
Yeah, they're pretty difficult. The one that gave me the most trouble was easily Nah's Paralogue. Just... wow. I hated everything about that one. Still, I do them early on to get some awesome units.

Who should my FMorgan marry guys?
I'm thinking Batman, but there might be someone better. I'm probably keeping her as a Grandmaster.
I don't think that it entirely matters, does it? I paired my Morgan with Owain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
YARNE!!! I paired her with Yarne.

I don't like Yarne.

I don't think that it entirely matters, does it? I paired my Morgan with Owain.
I have plans for Owain.

My first file had Gerome x Lucina...and wow, that is boring. And since Lucina is now Mu's wife, not possible. So, Batman it is.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It's just so annoying, having all these levels available, but knowing I can't beat any of them. Also, I wanted to get the children early in the game, so they're not shoved aside in favor of higher leveled units, but I guess that's not possible.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't like Yarne.

I have plans for Owain.

My first file had Gerome x Lucina...and wow, that is boring. And since Lucina is now Mu's wife, not possible. So, Batman it is.
Gerome x Lucina is one of the four ships I could never support. Lucina will always be MU's wife in my eyes. Also, what are your plans for Owain?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm honestly not surprised that Male Robin's shown a bit more prominently than the female, since I've pegged him as the default gender from the very beginning, and I'm pretty sure that's Sakurai's intention as well.

Generally, I'm of the opinion that the gender that takes preference over the other is the default one (the male in this case), and the default gender is the "canon" gender for me. Of course, you're free to think otherwise.

And... well, it has precedence; If you're looking at a specific character on the official site and want to go to another one, Robin's mugshot only shows the male:

(Also, I think Smash is more gender-equal than many other fighting games, given that we have so many interesting fighters from both genders that practically anyone should be able to find something or someone that they like.)
Er, no.

Default =/= canon. For example, KOTOR II set the default gender of its main character to male, and yet she's canonically female.

Robin is whoever you want him/her to be. At least Sakurai has made efforts to show F!Robin more often than the male Wii Fit Trainer or female Villager, considering that her own official render is right beside the male version.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Is that M!Morgan? I would rather have F!Morgan, and her superpowers.
Also, I totally bet Cynthia dragged Gerome along. Whether he wanted to or not.
It's the Justice Cabal trio. As far as I know, F!Morgan isn't a member but M!Morgan is.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Er, no.

Default =/= canon. For example, KOTOR II set the default gender of its main character to male, and yet she's canonically female.

Robin is whoever you want him/her to be. At least Sakurai has made efforts to show F!Robin more often than the male Wii Fit Trainer or female Villager, considering that her own official render is right beside the male version.
KOTOR II isn't canon at all anymore.
It's the Justice Cabal trio. As far as I know, F!Morgan isn't a member but M!Morgan is.
I always assumed F!Morgan is. She is in my eyes.

Top Bottom