• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Does anybody has footage of Arena Ferox during the 3ds tournament? i've heard a remake of Id~purpose plays on it but i don't seem to find it.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Does anybody has footage of Arena Ferox during the 3ds tournament? i've heard a remake of Id~purpose plays on it but i don't seem to find it.
A remake of Id~Purpose? Really? They'd dare tamper with that?

I would have thought that they would use the original version, like they did in the Direct when they showed Tiki's trophy.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
A remake of Id~Purpose? Really? They'd dare tamper with that?

I would have thought that they would use the original version, like they did in the Direct when they showed Tiki's trophy.
They use the original version, they just cut part of it.

0:57 to 2:33. Holy turd that's a lot they cut out. I wish they kept all of it.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
They cut out about a minute and a half out of that song. Geez. Maybe they cut more but that's just what I hear.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Yeah I know right? It's kicks аss. I really do hope most or all of the 3DS songs are also on the Wii U version. I mean, they'd have to make sense. I don't want to hear the Spirit Tracks music on Skyloft, for instance. But Id ~ Purpose would indeed sound great at the Coliseum.

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Remember this is just the 3DS version and the 3DS version only allows two songs per stage. They'll probably have the full version of the music in the Wii U version where space won't be an issue. Plus they also said that the Wii U stages will have several different songs that you can choose from just like in Brawl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm just thankful that Id~Purpose is in Smash to begin with. The song is absolutely fantastic! Easily my favorite track in Awakening! The cuts are understandable... but I am disappointed that it had to be.

I will be incredibly disappointed if Id~Purpose isn't on the Wii U's Coliseum stage...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Am I the only one hoping for Mastermind?

That's another problem. Fire Emblem has too much awesome music. I would absolutely love getting Softly With Grace.

Also, how come the Hammer got to overrule Id-Purpose? So not right. When Lucina gets her Awakening Final Smash, I hope it overrides the stage music with that glorious piece.[/media]

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I hope it's joy, because Arena Ferox is looking like one of the few half decent stages we've seen so far.

I am legitimately afraid for the lack of good (competitively) stages on the Wii U version so far.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I'm guessing they cut out part of Id~Purpose only because all the matches on the demo last for 2 minutes only and they want players to actually be able to hear the portion that's the remixed Fire Emblem theme. Because I'm gonna destroy something if that's not the case...

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
A bit late, but here is a longer match on Arena Ferox. Obnoxious commentary aside, this contains the full loop.

I heard the edits from the first e3 demo, though it didn't bother me to mention it.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I keep hoping it's just the demo that has the cut song, so the loops last for 2 minutes. If the full song isn't on the final game, I'll be pissed off.

Brawl had songs with loops longer than the full version of Id (Purpose). And hey, if FE:A could cram a soundtrack with lots of long tracks on a 3DS card, why wouldn't Smash have Id (Purpose) with no cuts?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I want Tharja's theme. Also, hooray for Arena Ferox being one of two competitively viable stages on the 3DS version!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok somehow I've rigged a chapter in Sacred Stones to always do the same thing. Everytime I start the chapter an enemy always has the same exact stats as last yes, instead of slightly different from last time, and when Erika levels up after the enemy attack her she always gain and will only gain a +1 in Skl. This has happened 4 times in a row now. And no, I am not doing "Resume" because I know that will remember the battle data I am doing "restart chapter" and the same thing happens every time. It's actually kinda funny lol.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ok somehow I've rigged a chapter in Sacred Stones to always do the same thing. Everytime I start the chapter an enemy always has the same exact stats as last yes, instead of slightly different from last time, and when Erika levels up after the enemy attack her she always gain and will only gain a +1 in Skl. This has happened 4 times in a row now. And no, I am not doing "Resume" because I know that will remember the battle data I am doing "restart chapter" and the same thing happens every time. It's actually kinda funny lol.
That's because the GBA games have a fixed, extremely manipulatable RNG. Google "Fire Emblem RNG" for details, I'm not explaining that until I can get off my phone.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Brawl had songs with loops longer than the full version of Id (Purpose).
It did? Longest Brawl track I can think of is the Brawl Metroid remix, and even that is 30 seconds shorter than Id~Purpose.

They probably cut out that chunk because the lyrics in the second verse are a repeat with little variation.

Also yeah, a lot of the stages in Smash 4 are kinda bad. For a game where "Knocking your opponent off the stage" was the original selling point, there sure are a lot of walkoffs. I blame Namco and their experience with Tekken for this.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It did? Longest Brawl track I can think of is the Brawl Metroid remix, and even that is 30 seconds shorter than Id~Purpose.

They probably cut out that chunk because the lyrics in the second verse are a repeat with little variation.

Also yeah, a lot of the stages in Smash 4 are kinda bad. For a game where "Knocking your opponent off the stage" was the original selling point, there sure are a lot of walkoffs. I blame Namco and their experience with Tekken for this.
"Calling to the Night" was pretty long. And Jungle Japes too.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Ignis would be a better final smash.

Robin doesn't represent any of the multiple skills of FEA, which is a bad representation of the series. Considering what sakurai did with Palutena, that was the way i was expecting Chrom to go, and if robin had to be playable, him as well.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ignis would be a better final smash.

Robin doesn't represent any of the multiple skills of FEA, which is a bad representation of the series. Considering what sakurai did with Palutena, that was the way i was expecting Chrom to go, and if robin had to be playable, him as well.
Multiple skills never get represented. The skills aren't a significant factor in the game, either, and when skills aren't set in stone per character it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Sakurai relies on characters going by THEIR OWN merits, not when there's optional features that enhance the game but aren't their own merits. Giving Chrom other skills would make him unique, but it still wouldn't be relying on just his own merits: his default class, his own skills, his own unique weapon.

Robin could've gotten Ignis, but even then I don't think the Tactician is even an exclusive class (although most cannot use it). And its possible Ignis is represented in some way, but regardless, it was better to give Robin a mage moveset since that's a huge aspect of the game not represented in any way, shape, or form.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Multiple skills never get represented. The skills aren't a significant factor in the game, either, and when skills aren't set in stone per character it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Sakurai relies on characters going by THEIR OWN merits, not when there's optional features that enhance the game but aren't their own merits. Giving Chrom other skills would make him unique, but it still wouldn't be relying on just his own merits: his default class, his own skills, his own unique weapon.

Robin could've gotten Ignis, but even then I don't think the Tactician is even an exclusive class (although most cannot use it). And its possible Ignis is represented in some way, but regardless, it was better to give Robin a mage moveset since that's a huge aspect of the game not represented in any way, shape, or form.
except having a magic based moveset for his NORMALS, not all, but still a decent number. would be a much more unique and interesting setup than what we got with the levin sword (and more on par with how magic works in game: nothing special, just another weapon) and such, at the end of the day, it is only a sword that sparkles gameplay-wise. it would bring variety closer to the levels of MEgaman and such, while having skills as his specials would also work much better

You forget Magic is EVEN MORE GENERIC THAN SKILLS. Only 3 people can ever use tactician skills in the game, which are robin, morgan and their potential sibling. About half of the cast uses Magic, and due to Robin also having swords, many have a bigger focus on magic than him. I think that if you go out of your way to spread a smuch as possible you can't have even half of the cas with the same single skill outside of DLC ones

Aether got represented, in a roundabout way Counter did too. and they ARE very significant to the game, especially later on.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
except having a magic based moveset for his NORMALS, not all, but still a decent number. would be a much more unique and interesting setup than what we got with the levin sword (and more on par with how magic works in game: nothing special, just another weapon) and such, at the end of the day, it is only a sword that sparkles gameplay-wise. it would bring variety closer to the levels of MEgaman and such, while having skills as his specials would also work much better

You forget Magic is EVEN MORE GENERIC THAN SKILLS. Only 3 people can ever use tactician skills in the game, which are robin, morgan and their potential sibling. About half of the cast uses Magic, and due to Robin also having swords, many have a bigger focus on magic than him. I think that if you go out of your way to spread a smuch as possible you can't have even half of the cas with the same single skill outside of DLC ones

Aether got represented, in a roundabout way Counter did too. and they ARE very significant to the game, especially later on.
Aether is an Ike-exclusive skill, and Counter has been in almost every game in the series. That's it. And no, I don't think Robin would've been better any other way, this setup turned out a lot better than I expected frankly.

Ignis may still be represented (for all we know, Robin is using Ignis to attack during the Final Smash along with Chrom using Aether), but regular skills aren't likely to appear.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Aether is an Ike-exclusive skill, and Counter has been in almost every game in the series. That's it. And no, I don't think Robin would've been better any other way, this setup turned out a lot better than I expected frankly.

Ignis may still be represented (for all we know, Robin is using Ignis to attack during the Final Smash along with Chrom using Aether), but regular skills aren't likely to appear.
it still stand s that he is much less unique and true to his game than what we got. and Robin didn't have ignis, for you can't see the ignis effects (and Chrom would have Luna or Aether going on if that was the case)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
it still stand s that he is much less unique and true to his game than what we got. and Robin didn't have ignis, for you can't see the ignis effects (and Chrom would have Luna or Aether going on if that was the case)
Pretty sure Chrom starts with Aether. Robin summons Chrom, Chrom dashes across the screen to hit an enemy. That's based on his Aether.

How is Robin much less unique and true to the game than what we got, though? I don't understand that logic. Robin's one of the most unique characters in the game, and Robin is true to the original game due to using a combination of Tomes and Swords. Seems to me you're just grasping at straws because you didn't get exactly what you wanted (which is never going to happen, its pretty much impossible to get exactly what you want). Skills, other than the barebones basic skills and Mastery skills, have never been represented in Smash Bros. from the Fire Emblem cast.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Pretty sure Chrom starts with Aether. Robin summons Chrom, Chrom dashes across the screen to hit an enemy. That's based on his Aether.

How is Robin much less unique and true to the game than what we got, though? I don't understand that logic. Robin's one of the most unique characters in the game, and Robin is true to the original game due to using a combination of Tomes and Swords. Seems to me you're just grasping at straws because you didn't get exactly what you wanted (which is never going to happen, its pretty much impossible to get exactly what you want). Skills, other than the barebones basic skills and Mastery skills, have never been represented in Smash Bros. from the Fire Emblem cast.
I don't know, Robin was pretty much exactly what I wanted and Lucina provides great Icing on the awesome cake.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So do you think Robin will be lightweight, middleweight or heavyweight character? Middleweight, right?

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl

because there is more than awakening than what robin does. there is much mor ehe could do, that's all ther eis to it.

it's undeniable that basic magic spells are in a lower tier of importance, and awkaening is far more skill centered than others. the fac that skills wernet' with ike and marth are lal the more reason for Robin to use them. but no.

lackuster FE rep all around. As much as i want Chrom i am even afraid of what Sakurai could've done with him if that's the extent of his ability with Robin.

and Sakurai showed such promise with Palutena and Megaman's movesets, too...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So do you think Robin will be lightweight, middleweight or heavyweight character? Middleweight, right?
Yep, middleweight. He's an average character, stat wise. Certainly not exceptionally heavy or light. Especially since weapon weight is gone from Awakening, so all those tomes won't weigh him down. ;)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
because there is more than awakening than what robin does. there is much mor ehe could do, that's all ther eis to it.

it's undeniable that basic magic spells are in a lower tier of importance, and awkaening is far more skill centered than others. the fac that skills wernet' with ike and marth are lal the more reason for Robin to use them. but no.

lackuster FE rep all around. As much as i want Chrom i am even afraid of what Sakurai could've done with him if that's the extent of his ability with Robin.

and Sakurai showed such promise with Palutena and Megaman's movesets, too...
Really? Robin can equip seventy different skills. He has to choose between five of them.

Go on, explain which ones would best represent the character. Again, keep in mind that some of those (including the only one that Robin is guaranteed to have, Veteran), is useless in combat.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Probably a middleweight, though he/she may be slightly heavier than average due to carrying around all those weapons and that big cloak. Plus it would help make up for Robin's somewhat slow running speed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The only Skills that matter outside of the FE games are Mastery skills. I don't count Counter as a "Skill," that's a gameplay element. In very few games is the ability to counter an actual "Skill." Critical isn't a skill, either, its a gameplay element.

Characters from FE are represented in Smash Bros. via gameplay elements only, not via Skills, except if that Skill is unique to the character. And Ignis isn't actually unique to Robin, any of Robin's kids (which basically means any child character in the game) and Katarina (via DLC) can all use the Tactician classes. Hell, the only "Skill" to date represented in Smash Bros. is Aether, and even then, "Aether" is basically just the GBA Hero critical attack, anyway. Ike just adds an extra jump after it, which he doesn't use in Smash Bros.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The only Skills that matter outside of the FE games are Mastery skills. I don't count Counter as a "Skill," that's a gameplay element. In very few games is the ability to counter an actual "Skill." Critical isn't a skill, either, its a gameplay element.

Characters from FE are represented in Smash Bros. via gameplay elements only, not via Skills, except if that Skill is unique to the character. And Ignis isn't actually unique to Robin, any of Robin's kids (which basically means any child character in the game) and Katarina (via DLC) can all use the Tactician classes. Hell, the only "Skill" to date represented in Smash Bros. is Aether, and even then, "Aether" is basically just the GBA Hero critical attack, anyway. Ike just adds an extra jump after it, which he doesn't use in Smash Bros.
Actually, every DLC/Einherjar character can use Ignis.

Let's also not forget, several skills are gender restricted, so the male/female switch wouldn't work.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Realistically and logically he'd be pretty average weight.
I think it would work better for him if he was slightly above average. Anything to make it not as easy to get knocked away and have to use up one of your limited amount of times to recover.

Not related, but I'm hoping Robin has some effective sort of means of moving. His running speed seems to be pretty average or slower. I'm hoping he either has a relatively fast walking speed or air speed. Being that, for the most part, you're going to want to stay away from the opponent to not only rack up damage with projectiles, but also not waste LS uses. If he has trouble actually giving himself space he's going to have a tough time.

Top Bottom