• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I am hoping she is either light or middle weight. I can play some heavyweights quite nicely, but some others... god, I have no idea what I am doing.
Being a heavyweight means less in this game, though. They appear to be faster and more easily usable. Not that I think Robin would be a heavyweight.

D

Deleted member

I think that Robin will be slightly heavier and slower than Mario. Seeing Robin's trailer and seeing a small portion of him running, he isn't that fast, but not slow either.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I mean not that weight is as much of a stereotypical thing like it is in most other games. Wario and Wolf both belong to the fastest characters in the air and Captain falcon is also really fast on the ground all of them are heavy. DK who is 2nd heaviest is also pretty fast. Weight is just there to determine knockback on specific characters.

Hong

The Strongest
For good measure, here is the translated Famitsu profile, only with the translations appended to the pages.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
For good measure, here is the translation Famitsu profile, only with the translations appended to the pages.

Ha.

"Chrom - the main character of Fire Emblem: Awakening"

Fuel for the fire.

Speaking of which, I hadn't actually seen any confirmation on exactly what causes Arcfire to erupt. Glad we don't have another Morph Ball Bomb situation on our hands.

Morbi

Scavenger
It makes me sad when I look all over for Robin fanart and I cannot find any that has the hair I used on mine ... I wish I could art.
It makes me sad when I look all over for Robin fan-art and I cannot find any that has the default hair. I can art... and I should art... but I do not want to art.

D

Deleted member

It makes me sad when I look all over for Robin fan-art and I cannot find any that has the default hair. I can art... and I should art... but I do not want to art.
>Says that while avatar has Default-Hair Female Robin.

Clever, clever indeed.

Hong

The Strongest
Added the missing gifs to the first post, and organized it a bit. :D

Forward Tilt

"Worthy opponents indeed!" *stab*

Elthunder

You'd think this would be the stage name of a luchador or something.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I thought that was Fsmash but with the Levin Sword drained out?

It looks the same as the Fsmash in the Famitstu scan anyway, just without the Levin Sword.

Hong

The Strongest
I thought that was Fsmash but with the Levin Sword drained out?

It looks the same as the Fsmash in the Famitstu scan anyway, just without the Levin Sword.
The particle effects are throwing me off.

Going by the lag, I guess we'll label it as an fsmash for now.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Which would mean that the Levin Smash seen in the trailer is Robin's Dsmash.

I'm not used to Dsmashes predominately covering one side over another, lol. Robin is the new Mewtwo.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I think white/silver haired Robin is perfect. :3 It really complements his mysterious, exotic look.

Plus, Robin is the result of generations of breeding experiments, and white is the absence of all colors, so it creates a contrast.

Hong

The Strongest
Which would mean that the Levin Smash seen in the trailer is Robin's Dsmash.
Actually:

The magazine specifically states that the Levin Sword smash is a horizontal swing. I think it is a thrust with the bronze sword, and a slash with the Levin Sword. Ergo, the weapon you wield determines the attack's motions.

Folt

Smash Ace
For good measure, here is the translated Famitsu profile, only with the translations appended to the pages.

I guess that confirms that you change into Female Robin like you would change into Wario's Classic clothes.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If you can chuck it at someone manually, that's pretty good. A flinch is a flinch. A thrown projectile is fast, has an arcing trajectory and can counter enemy projectiles.

If it just gets automatically discarded behind Robin as I think it does, doesn't matter much. JC (the guy from Treehouse) just basically had no idea what he was talking about, in any event, and probably just told whatever he vaguely knew.

So Robin learned the proper way to use his tomes from Stitch : D

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
http://macaroncosplay.tumblr.com/ So I found these people doing live action cosplays of the Awakening support convos and thought the Robin thread might enjoy.
Call me when they get to F!Robin.

But seriously, they're doing a great job bringing the supports to life. I can't wait to see their take on Robin.

I think white/silver haired Robin is perfect. :3 It really complements his mysterious, exotic look.

Plus, Robin is the result of generations of breeding experiments, and white is the absence of all colors, so it creates a contrast.
Yeah, Robin looks great with white hair, now that I got used to it from looking at fan art. It makes her look really beautiful.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Call me until they get to F!Robin.

But seriously, they're doing a great job bringing the supports to life. I can't wait to see their take on Robin.

Yeah, Robin looks great with white hair, now that I got used to it from looking at fan art. It makes her look really beautiful.
She's always been beautiful ;--;

Hong

The Strongest
:4robinm: is not as handsome as :4myfriends: and :4robinf: is not as pretty as :4marth:, but they still give them a run for their gold.:love:

Robin certainly arrived to the battle best dressed. Mm-mmm. So fresh.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I see people think we will only get the default Robin but for some reason I think we will get other hair styles an colours with the recolours. Maybe even the other voices? What do you guys think about that?

Hong

The Strongest
I think the majority of us are expecting hair style changes with colour, but not voices.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I definitely wonder about the hairstyle + color combinations. Also, I imagine they'd also have to change the color of the coat, which sadly means my ideal hair combination will never coexist with the sexy dark purple coat.

Senario

Smash Ace
He really should be able to chuck his books at people once they are used up, sounds like it would be a lot of fun and more useful than being forced to chuck it behind you in an animation that is largely useless and probably punishable.

Neo Zero

He really should be able to chuck his books at people once they are used up, sounds like it would be a lot of fun and more useful than being forced to chuck it behind you in an animation that is largely useless and probably punishable.
If it hits like Snake's box maybe you could troll the Radiant Hero of Legend with it :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Actually:

The magazine specifically states that the Levin Sword smash is a horizontal swing. I think it is a thrust with the bronze sword, and a slash with the Levin Sword. Ergo, the weapon you wield determines the attack's motions.
In the Famitsu article, it looks to me like he's using the Levin Sword for that thrust attack, and it labels it as a Side Smash.

Also, that slash with the Levin Sword we saw in the trailer seems to emit some sort of electric pulse on the ground that goes behind and in front of Robin, so I think that may be a Down Smash.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
In the Famitsu article, it looks to me like he's using the Levin Sword for that thrust attack, and it labels it as a Side Smash.

Also, that slash with the Levin Sword we saw in the trailer seems to emit some sort of electric pulse on the ground that goes behind and in front of Robin, so I think that may be a Down Smash.
I thought the Famitsu article practically stated as much, as it had a picture of that attack with a Down Arrow next to it.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think the majority of us are expecting hair style changes with colour, but not voices.
I think two voices for one character is enough. It would be asking too much for more voices.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm sorry my robinites.

I found a new avatar ;_;

I thought it would only be fair that I post my old robin avatar in hopes that someone will claim it.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm sorry my robinites.

I found a new avatar ;_;

I thought it would only be fair that I post my old robin avatar in hopes that someone will claim it.

Beautiful.

Do you know whose hand that is, caressing Robin's hair?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wonder if they got a divorce after the news broke.
To be fair, I imagine that both men and women would want to get into Captain Falcon's bed.

...except Chrom, that is.

Top Bottom