• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm sorry my robinites.

I found a new avatar ;_;

I thought it would only be fair that I post my old robin avatar in hopes that someone will claim it.

Putting the source here.

On the other hand, that artist... so much ChromxFeMU-shipping...

EDIT: As much as there'd be different color combinations, I'll rather use the default male one throughout the game. Maybe because Villager already took my fancy already with it's "colors".

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Putting the source here.

On the other hand, that artist... so much ChromxFeMU-shipping...

EDIT: As much as there'd be different color combinations, I'll rather use the default male one throughout the game. Maybe because Villager already took my fancy already with it's "colors".
I actually think Robin is the best mother for Lucina.

Now, ChromxF!Robin's supports on the other hand...they could have used more work.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Now, ChromxF!Robin's supports on the other hand...they could have used more work.
C Support: Insults

B Support: Chrom walks in on Robin while she's bathing

A Support: Robin walks in on Chrom while he's bathing

S Support: Marriage

Something doesn't seem right here...

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

I walked in on a woman bathing once.

The seeds have been planted. I'm just waiting for her to walk in on me so we can get married.

ITS THE ONLY WAY.

Hong

The Strongest
In the Famitsu article, it looks to me like he's using the Levin Sword for that thrust attack, and it labels it as a Side Smash.

Also, that slash with the Levin Sword we saw in the trailer seems to emit some sort of electric pulse on the ground that goes behind and in front of Robin, so I think that may be a Down Smash.
Hey. That's right. Forgot about the shockwaves.

I stand corrected. I'll fix the movelist when I can get around to it. Thanks. :)

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

I propose to literally everyone I see naked.

Someday those guys from the locker room will get back to me.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I walked in on a woman bathing once.

The seeds have been planted. I'm just waiting for her to walk in on me so we can get married.

ITS THE ONLY WAY.
Your children will become the most powerful soldiers in all the lands.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Your children will become the most powerful soldiers in all the lands.
Even with limit break on all my units, I highly doubt they will make the opponent have anything less than a 80% hit chance with a machine gun.

Lunatic + Classic real life is hard yo.

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Even with limit break on all my units, I highly doubt they will make the opponent have anything less than a 80% hit chance with a machine gun.

Lunatic + Classic real life is hard yo.
Even though I haven't done this pairing...

Lucina!Morgan

Pick a god and pray.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sometimes I forget that Lucina can be either Morgan's sister, her cousin, his mother, or his wife. Bonus points for the latter option possibly being a Morgan fathered by a Chrom-fathered Inigo or Brady, thereby making the relationship Aunt-Nephew.

Awakening family trees are weird.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Sometimes I forget that Lucina can be either Morgan's sister, her cousin, his mother, or his wife. Bonus points for the latter option possibly being a Morgan fathered by a Chrom-fathered Inigo or Brady, thereby making the relationship Aunt-Nephew.

Awakening family trees are weird.
Well, she can't be HIS mother, only HERS.

But yeah, thank Naga the characters on my different save files can't meet each other. It would be super awkward.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So we know that Robin's jab combo changes depending on the tome he has equipped at the moment. It's a really unique mechanic that gives Robin players some room to alter how that attack works to best suit the current phase of the fight.

But I wonder...what chance is there really that Robin's jab is the only move affected by that? Wouldn't it be a bit of a missed opportunity to have only one move do that? Could there be other moves that also change that we just haven't seen yet? Robin's n-air, maybe? U-tilt? One of his throws?

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I like Robin's moveset except for Nosferatu. Sakurai acknowledges that Robin doesn't use dark tomes, so I wish his down B was a different move.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I like Robin's moveset except for Nosferatu. Sakurai acknowledges that Robin doesn't use dark tomes, so I wish his down B was a different move.
What could she have as her down B instead of nosferatu?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Ignis.
Powers up the next attack

Vantage
A fast dash forward. Faster than Robin's max running speed of course.

That aside, Nosferatsu is fine.

Smash is known to let characters do things they normally couldn't do.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
he can in his other classes
But the Robin we are getting is clearly not one of those other classes. S/he is wearing the tactician costume. Besides, there are no classes that can use Dark Tomes and wields swords, so Robin clearly didn't recast. Further more, if we consider Robin's reclass options justification for moves, Robin has access to every single weapon type, so why not give him/her a Staff?

Simply put, Robin's reclass options are not strong justification for moves. They should have stuck to things s/he has access to as Tactician/Grandmaster, since that's clearly the class Robin is in Smash.

A number of things. An easy one would be Counter, which every Fire Emblem character has. But it could be another move using the sword, or even a move that changes based on which tome s/he is carrying. It's not like Nosferatu was the only thing that could have worked.

Ignis.
Powers up the next attack

Vantage
A fast dash forward. Faster than Robin's max running speed of course.

That aside, Nosferatsu is fine.

Smash is known to let characters do things they normally couldn't do.
I know. One only needs to look at Ness to see that. I'm not upset about Nosferatu, I just personally would have preferred they didn't include it.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
*Shrugs* It's one move. Not like Ness and Lucas, where their entire moveset is stolen from Paula/Kumatora. And besides, dark magic makes sense on Robin 'cause story reasons.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
*Practicing Fire Arrow aiming with Young Link and Din's Fire and Nayru's Love spacing with Zelda in Melee*

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I know. One only needs to look at Ness to see that. I'm not upset about Nosferatu, I just personally would have preferred they didn't include it.
Robin is da bes.

I bet he just learned shadow gift.

"Oh you think I can't learn how to use the magic in this tomb? Give me a few months"

What do you think Robin spent all his/her time doing after the events of awakening? NOT studying?

Hong

The Strongest
Robin got a command grab for the same reason she got Arcfire:

By design, she relies heavily on projectiles to compensate for her lack of speed. Thunder is great, but since it's a charged move, if you ever hope on storing any of the advanced spells for later use that means you are going to lose one of your projectiles for the time being. Arcfire and Nosferatu help to leverage this vulnerability.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Robin is da bes.

I bet he just learned shadow gift.

"Oh you think I can't learn how to use the magic in this tomb? Give me a few months"

What do you think Robin spent all his/her time doing after the events of awakening? NOT studying?
Fair enough.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Robin (either) is the best parent for pretty much all of the kids. The only ones who Robin might not be the best for are Gerome, Yarne, and Severa, and even then I'm not 100% positive.

D

Deleted member

Robin got a command grab for the same reason she got Arcfire:

By design, she relies heavily on projectiles to compensate for her lack of speed. Thunder is great, but since it's a charged move, if you ever hope on storing any of the advanced spells for later use that means you are going to lose one of your projectiles for the time being. Arcfire and Nosferatu help to leverage this vulnerability.
Is Nosferatu a command grab though? Does it function as a grab? I never thought of that...

Hong

The Strongest
Is Nosferatu a command grab though? Does it function as a grab? I never thought of that...
It's a presumption, and I full accept I can be wrong when I say things like that. Seems most likely, though.

At the end of the day, we probably won't know if it can bypass shields until retail. :079:

Edit - I'd give this a read.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's a presumption, and I full accept I can be wrong when I say things like that. Seems most likely, though.

At the end of the day, we probably won't know if it can bypass shields until retail. :079:

Edit - I'd give this a read.
Yeah, seems like a pretty logical speculation. I was just confused if there was information regarding the move I had missed.

Folt

Smash Ace
Robin (either) is the best parent for pretty much all of the kids. The only ones who Robin might not be the best for are Gerome, Yarne, and Severa, and even then I'm not 100% positive.
Depends, actually. I find that Robin isn't the best parent for Lucina either because that means I can't marry her to Morgan or Robin!Owain, Robin!Inigo, etc. which means I can't abuse Dual Strike+.

But Robin!Lucina is technically the best Lucina skillwise since she can get all just about all the skills.

(Then again, Lucina has more options to make her insta-pwnage than just Robin so...)

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Robin is the best parent for every kid, without taking into account anything else other than the modifiers and classes the kid will have. :4robinm:

Depends, actually. I find that Robin isn't the best parent for Lucina either because that means I can't marry her to Morgan or Robin!Owain, Robin!Inigo, etc. which means I can't abuse Dual Strike+.
If Robin is Lucina's parent how can she/he be Owain's or Inigo's? :p I abuse Dual Strike+ with Robin!Lucina and Libra!Inigo :4robinm:

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
So we know that Robin's jab combo changes depending on the tome he has equipped at the moment. It's a really unique mechanic that gives Robin players some room to alter how that attack works to best suit the current phase of the fight.

But I wonder...what chance is there really that Robin's jab is the only move affected by that? Wouldn't it be a bit of a missed opportunity to have only one move do that? Could there be other moves that also change that we just haven't seen yet? Robin's n-air, maybe? U-tilt? One of his throws?
I suggested the Neutral Air as possibly being affected as well some pages back. Simply because it cannot involve "Smash Aerials" due to lack of control stick input. If it's any more than the Combo Finisher, though, it's probably only the neutral Air.

Still waiting on that 4 pic POTD that shows the various variations of the Combo Finisher.

Hong

The Strongest
Still waiting on Masahiro Sakurai to invite me over to come and play the game.:4dedede:

In all fairness, at least Robin has had more information divulged than any other newcomer that wasn't on the e3 demo.

:4pacman::4palutena: are stuffed in a shack somewhere getting cold.:(

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Still waiting on Masahiro Sakurai to invite me over to come and play the game.:4dedede:

In all fairness, at least Robin has had more information divulged than any other newcomer that wasn't on the e3 demo.

I forgot Pac Man was in until just recently...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Pardon me for asking, but is this confirmed to be true? I can't recall seeing it officially stated anywhere, and there were some suggestions that the wind attack that Robin uses could be an up-tilt or Elwind used on the ground.

I'm a little curious, since I really want the jab to change based on the equipped tome. That would be such a cool detail, I think.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589

I appreciate all we've been told about Robin, but I'm greedy.

Pardon me for asking, but is this confirmed to be true? I can't recall seeing it officially stated anywhere, and there were some suggestions that the wind attack that Robin uses could be an up-tilt or Elwind used on the ground.

I'm a little curious, since I really want the jab to change based on the equipped tome. That would be such a cool detail, I think.
If you looks closely, it resembles the end of his Combo string. You can just notice him finish a slash before casting it.

Top Bottom