• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Too bad that is a lie, I shudder every time I see her with Stahl's hair color
Um, Severa rocks with Stahl's hair.

Which is good, because Stahl + Cordelia is one of my favorite pairings, and one of the best for Severa anyway. Vantage, Swordfaire, Luna, Astra, Dual Guard+... It adds so many great skills to an already broken skill set. It has a fantastic Support setup. And her hair looks awesome.

There is no downside to Stahl + Cordelia.

Hong

The Strongest
*Sighs*

Kjelle would be so much cooler with a better English VA and without those stupid pauldrons in her art. They looked dumb enough on a Knight, and it's even more silly when she is not even a Knight or General. She looks better without them IMO.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Kjelle has to be my second fave female kid, right after Severa. I like her VA well enough though, and she does look cool classing into other things, especially general.

Robin has me too hype though, I nearly flipped when I saw them as a playable character. My friend and I reaked the hell out when we saw them and Lucina.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
*Sighs*

Kjelle would be so much cooler with a better English VA and without those stupid pauldrons in her art. They looked dumb enough on a Knight, and it's even more silly when she is not even a Knight or General. She looks better without them IMO.
This is true of a lot of character designs, though. I mean, Stahl and Sully's neckpieces aren't there when they're Great Knights or Paladins either. Gregor, Severa, and Inigo all lack the shoulder piece when they promote to Warrior or Hero.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
*Sighs*

Oh god she does. Honestly, Kjelle was my least favorite second gen character, along with Brady.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Speaking of outfits, how is that Robin got such an amazing cloak for someone who's amnesiac? You'd think someone like him/her would have a more plain, standard outfit like Mark from FE7.

Then again, everyone's clothes range from being either out of the ordinary to outlandish.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Speaking of outfits, how is that Robin got such an amazing cloak for someone who's amnesiac? You'd think someone like him/her would have a more plain, standard outfit like Mark from FE7.

Then again, everyone's clothes range from being either out of the ordinary to outlandish.
It's from the Grimleal, I think.

Morbi

Scavenger
That would imply s/he had it ever since they were a baby.

Could Robin have been born in that cloak?
I doubt it would fit her at her birth. :awesome:

Except Gaius, No one looks decent with Gaius's hair.
I love Gaius' hair color! My sister plans (she has never played the game despite being a "fan" so I am forcing the ***** to play) on marrying him to Panne so that Yarne can be a ginger.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I actually like Kjelle, because all she cares about is fighting and physical perfection. While that sounds boring, the writers didn't tie it with complete stupidity like they did with Vaike. Only thing I hate personality-wise is the whole "I'M WAY BETTER THAN ANY MAN" attitude her and Sully have. We can already see that. Don't need to remind us.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I doubt it would fit her at her birth. :awesome:

I love Gaius' hair color! My sister plans (she has never played the game despite being a "fan" so I am forcing the ***** to play) on marrying him to Panne so that Yarne can be a ginger.
It's a magic cloak that always fits the wearer. Hence why it also fits on Morgan. I'm pretty sure her and Robin don't share the same body size.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Could have been Robin's mother's. Or perhaps the cloak was intended for Robin all along so she brought it with her when she escaped Plagia.
...I like that.

Let me write that down for something that I'm doing.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The only fanfic I've read is De-cruited. So enteraining.
I'm actually writing one currently, as a project to improve my writing skills. It's kind of fun, but it's stalled out slightly. I'm not sure how to handle the travel gaps between missions (currently en route to the Plegia border after recruiting Ferox to the fight). It can't be a short trip, but how much actually happens? It's hard to gauge.

Plus, I had an absolutely stunning revelation about the story that has forced me to rethink some character motivations.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't think there's any story about Robin's mother and how she escaped Plegia, so I was thinking about doing one myself.
There's pretty much no information about what happened to Robin before he/she ended up in the middle of a field.

What was Robin doing in the middle of a field anyway?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
There's pretty much no information about what happened to Robin before he/she ended up in the middle of a field.

The Smash Brethren 3 (Smash Bros 3, lol) DLC implies that Robin is the same tactician from Rekka no Ken. Validar states that, after Robin's mother fled Plegia, he could find no trace of them until shortly after Robin was found by Chrom. Robin was found one map tile away from the Outrealm Gate.

Add all this up, and it seems fairly clear that Robin's mom smuggled him to the Outrealm Gate, and let Robin escape to another world. Where Robin then helped Lyndis and Eliwood save Elibe, before returning.

That's what my fanfic uses, anyway. Seems sound enough.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm actually writing one currently, as a project to improve my writing skills. It's kind of fun, but it's stalled out slightly. I'm not sure how to handle the travel gaps between missions (currently en route to the Plegia border after recruiting Ferox to the fight). It can't be a short trip, but how much actually happens? It's hard to gauge.

Plus, I had an absolutely stunning revelation about the story that has forced me to rethink some character motivations.
What that revelation?

He was looking for his lucky pen, duh.
I'm thinking writing a few silly things about what goes around the camp. Like Robin going on a strike. And setting Ricken up with Sully.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Whatever Robin's story is, it's up to the player.

I like how you can come up with any story for him/her and yet it's no less canon than anyone else's guess.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
What that revelation?
Why Robin became Grima in the original timeline.

It never made sense before. Robin apparently was still one of the Shepherds, got along great with everyone, had a loving family, etcetera. Why did Robin become Grima? I finally figured that out.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Why Robin became Grima in the original timeline.

It never made sense before. Robin apparently was still one of the Shepherds, got along great with everyone, had a loving family, etcetera. Why did Robin become Grima? I finally figured that out.
Because he never got amneisa and turned to the Dark Side of the Force? allowed Grima to posses him?
Also, in my headcanon, the original timeline Robin never married, and he married Lucina in the altered timeline.

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
I had Henry and Olivia pair-up in my first playthrough and it made Inigo pretty useless. I started to use him more in my second playthrough where I paired Olivia with Kellam.
Nosferatu + Armsthrift it's not useless. He is quite good as a Dark Knight too. And Vengeance helps Inigo being an offensive unit in non-dark mage classes.

Hey guys, seeing the trailer for the ??? time I noticed something disturbing.

WHYYYYYYY

lol it's fabulous

D

Deleted member

Nosferatu + Armsthrift it's not useless. He is quite good as a Dark Knight too. And Vengeance helps Inigo being an offensive unit in non-dark mage classes.
Oh...
Well, I didn't play like that. I don't have as much experience with Awakening like many in this thread; I just got it last month.
Maybe in another playthrough, I could attempt to make a perfect army... though I like to play for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Nosferatu + Armshift is pretty useless in all honesty when you can just hold multiple copies and it has 20 uses apiece.

Armshift is overated a lot and is really only useful for weapons with low uses and are hard as hell to get, which are usueally outclassed by other weapons with more uses. I only use Armshift for Aversa's Night in all honesty.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Nosferatu + Armshift is pretty useless in all honesty when you can just hold multiple copies and it has 20 uses apiece.

Armshift is overated a lot and is really only useful for weapons with low uses and are hard as hell to get, which are usueally outclassed by other weapons with more uses. I only use Armshift for Aversa's Night in all honesty.
Armsthrift is only useless if you have bad luck or bad growth in that stat (like Gregor). But really, it helps every single one children, they are so powerful with forged weapons. I mention DLC's? tanking in that maps is only possible with Armsthrift.

And Owain with a forged unbreakable Missiletain (his personal weapon) is cool as hell.

Edit:

Forged brave weapons/Celica's Gale >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> legendary weapons.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Post game you have unlimited money. Just buy and forge multiple weapons lol. In post game your most valuable weapons are going to be the Brave weapons, Waste, Celica's Gale, and Nos/Night.

Brave weapons have 30 uses each. That's a lot and having you character inventory stocked with them will accomplish what Armshift does without having to waste a skillslot for it. Waster also has 30. Celica and Nos have 20, which is still god when stocking your character with them. Night has 10 and is very hard to get, all the other ones are buyable but Night isn't and is the only one where Armshift is actually useful.

Armshift is overrated as hell.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Lol. I'm not even going to argue with you about this.

You just ignored everything else I said, which actually has an answer to as to why you would want to grind (not waste a skill slot) and brought up a completely inferior grinding method that is purely RNG based.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I like Armsthrift in theory, but I rarely ever get my stats high enough for the 100% trigger rate, and without it, I'm too afraid to use it with anything. It's still solid, just not my fave ability. I'm just glad I picked up Golden Gaffe, since that DLC is BEAUTIFUL for buying spot pass weapons and such. Makes gold such less a factor.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Lol. I'm not even going to argue with you about this.

You just ignored everything else I said, which actually has an answer to as to why you would want to grind (not waste a skill slot) and brought up a completely inferior grinding method that is purely RNG based.
I ignore that other part because it's says nothing relevant. Forged weapons > anything else, skills included. And forging is expensive unless you purchase the Golden Gaffe DLC. The other method to get gold is...beating risens? sells trash? get the Final Emblem?

Anyway we are not going anywhere, I stop this now. Still, is useful.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In my file, I have guys with near 50 Luck with Armsthrift that makes the weapons durable like crazy.

Being Donnel's son, Owain has 51 Luck, which means Armsthrift makes his weapons infinitely durable.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
I actually like Kjelle, because all she cares about is fighting and physical perfection. While that sounds boring, the writers didn't tie it with complete stupidity like they did with Vaike. Only thing I hate personality-wise is the whole "I'M WAY BETTER THAN ANY MAN" attitude her and Sully have. We can already see that. Don't need to remind us.
Sully x Libra is pretty funny. If I recall, their supports start with Sully approaching Libra for tips on how to be more feminine before Libra has to inform her that he's a male. They then bond over how they both act and resemble the opposite sex more than their own.

Hong

The Strongest
Sully x Libra is pretty funny. If I recall, their supports start with Sully approaching Libra for tips on how to be more feminine before Libra has to inform her that he's a male. They then bond over how they both act and resemble the opposite sex more than their own.
That happens a surprising amount in this day and age.

Libra in general is actually a very well-written character. His most superficial detail, being "feminine", does not dictate his personality. He has all kinds of talents and gifts you'd never know about without reading his supports. Even though he is a man who is both devout and has simple needs, he's a little melancholy just the same.

Since he's a pre-promote and only really talks when you recruit him, it's so easy to skip over him unfortunately. :(

Top Bottom