• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I like Tharja as eye candy and nothing more.

She's a straight up horrible person, and though I wifed her on my first playthrough, her support conversations (especially those with her children) disillusioned me.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I can admit to also wife'ing Nowi solely for having two super-dragon children.

Another case in point.

Also the best girl will always be Sully. However Sully's support line sucks with Robin, but is amazing with Chrom. So Chrom x Sully is the best thing ever.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I say Tharja or Nowi for best children run so all of Noire, Kjelle, and Nah can get Galeforce. However I find Donnel to be the best father for Kjelle and find Robin to be better suited for Noire and Nah. Gaius goes to whichever one Robin didn't get.

Otherwise, I will always go Olivia.

Well once in a blue moon I will go Anna, Tikia, or Aversa.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I know that if SmashBoards allowed downvotes I would get downvoted to hell. But does anyone else find Robin x Lucina to creepy?

I mean, I like Lucina. However I feel I'm an uncle to her instead of a companion.....even thinking about it makes me cringe...

Case in Point:

Ah, but that's just what makes the situation all the more amusing.
The more I imagine the awkward encounters with a confused, disturbed, and protective Chrom, the more I laugh. And I love laughing.
That and you get a Morgan with Aether. That's pretty nice.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
God I'm SO MAD that Sully has one of the worst Supports with Robin. Because she was my first pick.

Luckily Sully is the best Support for Chrom (I hate that clumsy Sumia and that archetype of character).

I chose Tharja because I like the chemistry between Robin and Tharja. She is obsessed with him, and Robin is scared of her. Plus the children of Noire and Morgan, makes up the most dysfunctional family ever! :D

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I know that if SmashBoards allowed downvotes I would get downvoted to hell. But does anyone else find Robin x Lucina to creepy?

I mean, I like Lucina. However I feel I'm an uncle to her instead of a companion.....even thinking about it makes me cringe...

Case in Point:

Honestly, (M)Robin x Lucina is probably my favorite relationship in the game. The two have a near perfect balance, relationship wise. Each has lost something dear to them. Robin, his memories, and Lucina, her home world. Each is extremely dedicated to building the new future, and, even before the romance, each supports the other to help build that future. Then too, the way it changes the story at other points is just heartbreaking. When Lucina finally takes a stand against Robin after Valider's manipulation is revealed, if Robin is either her lover or her mother, it changes that scene. And it is glorious. I mean, the fact that it changes the scene at all is pretty cool, but the way it does it just really strikes a cord with me. Robin accepting, and giving up his life to the girl he loves, Lucina, not being able to kill the man she loves. The "weakness" of each character, being exposed as the strength of their relationship and family that it truly is.

Then too, there are the DLC conversations. In the Scramble Pack hotspring map, the change to the conversation if Robin romances her is, again, perfect. They're loving and supportive, and yet there's still that slight air of melancholy that comes through because each is conflicted about swearing each other fully Grima is still around. They each accept their task and burden, but love each other enough to push themselves forward through it.

Plus, ultimate Morgan.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My first pick for Robin was Miriel, because I thought the smarts would be a good mix with the intelligence. But that ended up being meh.

Second pick was Chrom. Welp.

Third runthrough was Emmeryn. I was heartwarmed. If Robin is to be part of Chrom's family, I like it this way.

Fourth runthrough was Tiki. Equally heartwarmed.

Current run is Sumia. Tis nice.

I'll get Robin back to marrying men I swear.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
My first pick for Robin was Miriel, because I thought the smarts would be a good mix with the intelligence. But that ended up being meh.

Second pick was Chrom. Welp.

Third runthrough was Emmeryn. I was heartwarmed. If Robin is to be part of Chrom's family, I like it this way.

Fourth runthrough was Tiki. Equally heartwarmed.

Current run is Sumia. Tis nice.

I'll get Robin back to marrying men I swear.
Robin x Miriel is good. My favorite Miriel Paring is with Kellem, their support is really cute.

The Robin x Chrom support is horrible, like really horrible. But Lucina makes up for that in that family regard.

Aren't Tiki and Robin connected somehow? I need to see that support.

Supports you should see is Chrom x Sully, that one is really good. Also Lucina x Laurent is the best Lucina pairing in my eyes.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I liked the Fem!Robin x Chrom supports. Found them humorous and was glad they weren't changed from the Japanese version, unlike a couple of Cordelia supports convos.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I...dislike the Robin x Tharja pairing. Their support conversations were more creepy than cute, I could barely find any chemistry between them, and Tharja herself is a horrible mother. Why would I want to subject F!Morgan to such a parent?

I also don't like pairing Robin to any second generation character, because it felt like cradle-robbing to me. Yes, the more I think about it, the less favorable I am to shipping M!Robin and Lucina.

Cordelia is my favorite choice for M!Robin, though. Their relationship seemed very natural to me. And while the supports between F!Robin and Chrom were overall medicore, I still think Chrom has the most chemistry with F!Robin out of all his supports, other than Sumia, who fades out of prominence over the course of the story.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I...dislike the Robin x Tharja pairing. Their support conversations were more creepy than cute, I could barely find any chemistry between them, and Tharja herself is a horrible mother. Why would I want to subject F!Morgan to such a parent?

I also don't like pairing Robin to any second generation character, because it felt like cradle-robbing to me. Yes, the more I think about it, the less favorable I am to shipping M!Robin and Lucina.

Cordelia is my favorite choice for M!Robin, though. Their relationship seemed very natural to me. And while the supports between F!Robin and Chrom were overall medicore, I still think Chrom has the most chemistry with F!Robin out of all his supports, other than Sumia, who fades out of prominence over the course of the story.
Fair enough, I kind of agree with you on Tharja. But she was forced to be my second pick after the horrible support that is Sully x Robin. Cordelia x Robin is really good. I might do that one actually if I do another playthrough. However Severa with Green Hair would look odd to me, unlike Noire who looks perfect with Green Hair.

Actually Severa looks fine with Green Hair, Cordelia will definitely be my next support in the next playthrough.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Lawl. Just when I was talking about changed/censored support conversation she had from the Japanese version lol.

The 2 mains ones I remember is the C support with Robin. You know how in this one she is talking about her self esteem issues and how her mentors acted? Well part of her self consciousness is her problem with her "small" breasts. And at the end of it she says something along the lines of "I wonder if you rub them if they will get bigger".

Then there is the A support with Donnel where he is listing compliments to Cordelia and one of them ends up being her breasts and her response to that compliment is "You think so?".

It's just so random when it happens and how she responds to it isn't what you would typically expect.

Last edited:

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Fair enough, I kind of agree with you on Tharja. But she was forced to be my second pick after the horrible support that is Sully x Robin. Cordelia x Robin is really good. I might do that one actually if I do another playthrough. However Severa with Green Hair would look odd to me, unlike Noire who looks perfect with Green Hair.

Actually Severa looks fine with Green Hair, Cordelia will definitely be my next support in the next playthrough.

EXCUSE ME! Severa looks great with every hair color.
GAWDS!
I've had enough of this.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Take a look at the lag between Thunder shots. That doesn't mean the landing lag problem is still there, does it? Could it just be because Thunder is a chargeable move and the player had to press B twice? Is there anyone who's played Brawl more recently that can say how close this is to the speed Lucario can throw uncharged Aura Spheres at?

Doesn't seem like Thunder'll be spammable, at least. It'll be more of a momentum disruptor or a fast-moving zoning tool.
I'm not sure I see what you're talking about here. The amount of time between those two shots seems relatively quick. Like, faster than the otherwise comparable Fireball from Luigi. And from what I remember about Lucario in Project M at least, Thunder seems similar in speed to an Aura Sphere release.

Maybe I'm way off base or this might not say anything about your main point, but I'm personally not really worried about Thunder's speed for any reason.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
GAWDS!
I've had enough of this.
Except Gaius, No one looks decent with Gaius's hair.
I distinctly remember trying to match Severa's hair with Cordelia's hair and being excited that Gaius might be a close fit. Only to realize immediately after getting that version of Severa that hated her look with Gaius' hair color.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Gaius looks pretty neat with that hair color. He is the only one, though. Which is a shame.

It looks as though his hair should look better on a lot of the kids, but it just doesn't work out. Which is a shame, because he's one of the best fathers.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Guys, it's almost August and I'm still in disbelief. I just ... holy crap, I can't believe it happened.

Also, does anyone know where to buy/make custom notebooks? I kind of want to make my own tomes for cosplay purposes. I got a nerf sword I can turn into a bronze sword, but still need to make tomes.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Guys, it's almost August and I'm still in disbelief. I just ... holy crap, I can't believe it happened.

Also, does anyone know where to buy/make custom notebooks? I kind of want to make my own tomes for cosplay purposes. I got a nerf sword I can turn into a bronze sword, but still need to make tomes.
http://www.customizeyournotebook.com/ Well... be careful though i never used this, so you better look up if this is legit.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Robin x Miriel is good. My favorite Miriel Paring is with Kellem, their support is really cute.

The Robin x Chrom support is horrible, like really horrible. But Lucina makes up for that in that family regard.

Aren't Tiki and Robin connected somehow? I need to see that support.

Supports you should see is Chrom x Sully, that one is really good. Also Lucina x Laurent is the best Lucina pairing in my eyes.
Tiki accidentally calls Robin Mar Mar at one point after telling him how similiar they seem to be. There isn't a real connection between them, but there's a few things that gives their relationship a little extra edge. Like how Robin being the vessel of Grima is basicly the opposite to her being the Voice of Naga. Or, in the Future Past DLC:
Robin (as Grima) straight up kills Tiki. However, it turns out that was actually a good thing, since Tiki could ascent, replace the dead Naga and bless Lucina's Falchion in the final moments where Robin faught back against the Fell Dragon's grasp.

I just read the Chrom/Sully supports. Those are really good. Only a shame SulLucina will be stuck in No Galeforce City unless I miss something.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Nah looks nice with orange hair. Also Noire too.

In other topic I'm quite impressed Robin doesn't use his/her Awakening animations. Maybe for wielding 2 weapons at the same time? or it is because the animations changes depending on the gender? but oh well at least they have facial expressions and retro moves.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I miss the Awakening animations, too. At least some of them are there: The idle stance is clearly based on the one Robin uses in Awakening when holding a tome.
There's also still a lot of animations we haven't seen yet, so maybe there are a few more.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Nah looks nice with orange hair. Also Noire too.
I'm not sure about Nah but I really don't like Noire with orange hair.

Anyway, I'm doing a hard mode run, and speaking of children, I'm debating whether or not I should marry early, or wait until later. I was planning on marrying one of the children, but I'm worried Hard mode might be a bit unforgiving to those without proper supports.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In my file, I have Gaius x Olivia. Inigo doesn't look bad with Gaius' hair color.

The other pairings I have:
Chrom x Sully
Donnel x Lissa
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Vaike x Maribelle
Henry x Sumia
Libra x Miriel
Frederick x Panne
Ricken x Nowi (The only pairing with Nowi that doesn't disturb me.)
Kellam x Tharja
Virion x Cherche

I miss the Awakening animations, too. At least some of them are there: The idle stance is clearly based on the one Robin uses in Awakening when holding a tome.
There's also still a lot of animations we haven't seen yet, so maybe there are a few more.
The animation he uses for Thoron is similar to one of the spell casting animations of Awakening.

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Specially I miss this:

The first-person camera with a little close up you can see It's clearly detailed.

I'm not sure about Nah but I really don't like Noire with orange hair.

Anyway, I'm doing a hard mode run, and speaking of children, I'm debating whether or not I should marry early, or wait until later. I was planning on marrying one of the children, but I'm worried Hard mode might be a bit unforgiving to those without proper supports.
Orange match Nah's red clothes. Noire is a personal bias I'll admit.

If you're planning to grind none of that matters really. But it's that not the case I go for the most optimal choices stats wise.

Edit. My ultimate pairings were:

My Unit/Nowi
Chrom/Sumia
Lissa/Frederick
Sully/Donnel
Miriel/Ricken
Maribelle/Gregor
Panne/Stahl
Cordelia/Lon'qu
Tharja/Gaius
Olivia/Henry
Cherche/Vaike

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Charging abilities have frames before you begin actually charging. Furthermore, the frames before you begin charging, and the frames it takes to launch your charged attack, is unique between charged abilities. DK's Giant Punch in 64 has practically no frames before it starts charging, for example. With the buffering system of Brawl and Smash 4, if you press B again during the frames before you begin charging, you'll launch it immediately when you can on the first available frame.

I don't really see anything unusual with that clip.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Mine are
Robin/Lucina
Chrom/Sumia
Henry/Nowi
Lissa/Lon'Qu
Panne/Donnel
Sully/Ricken
Olivia/Gregor
Cherche/Frederick
Maribelle/Libra
Tharja/Gaius
Miriel/Vaike
Cordelia/Stahl
And if it were possible, I would pair Say'ri and Kellem.

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin

"Boingy bits"
- Nowi

GAWDS!
I've had enough of this.
Too bad that is a lie, I shudder every time I see her with Stahl's hair color

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm still experimenting with my pairings. There are some I know I like though:

Ricken/Marribelle
Chrom/Sumia
Lon'que/Cherche
Cordelia/Donnel
Sully/Stahl

Now of course, those are all based on how cute they look together rather then what amazing kids I can get. I already know a good chunk of those.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm still experimenting with my pairings. There are some I know I like though:

Ricken/Marribelle
Chrom/Sumia
Lon'que/Cherche
Cordelia/Donnel
Sully/Stahl

Now of course, those are all based on how cute they look together rather then what amazing kids I can get. I already know a good chunk of those.
Thats how a good chuck of my pairings are. Like Lucina/Robin. Or Henry/Nowi.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My Unit/Tiki
Chrom/Sumia
Lissa/Donnel
Maribelle/Ricken
Nowi/Gregor
Cordelia/Vaike
Cherche/Lon'Qu
Tharja/Libra

The others depend on my mood.

Unrelated, but I've been looking at other forums and seeing how they feel about Robin. Serebiiforums Smash players in particular are completely hyped to play as Robin; I've only seen like two people that said they don't intend to main him. :p

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Right now, my playthrough for M!Robin is:

My Unit/Cordelia
Chrom/Sumia
Donnel/Lissa
Lon'qu/Sully
Kellam/Miriel
Vaike/Nowi
Virion/Cherche
Libra/Tharja

The only second generation child I've gotten so far is F!Morgan.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
The only pairing I always have down as a lock is Henry/Olivia, even if it makes some children not reach their best potential. Their support conversations... <3

D

Deleted member

The only pairing I always have down as a lock is Henry/Olivia, even if it makes some children not reach their best potential. Their support conversations... <3
I had Henry and Olivia pair-up in my first playthrough and it made Inigo pretty useless. I started to use him more in my second playthrough where I paired Olivia with Kellam.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If I'm going for absolute best pairings I will usually go with these;

Chrom!Sumia
Sully!Donnel
Mu!Robin!Tharja or Nowi
Tharja or Nowi!Gaius
Lissa!Ricken
Olivia!Libra
Maribelle!Henry
Cordelia!Lon'qu
Cherche!Vaike
Panne!Fredrick
Miriel!Kellam

I have the feeling I am forgetting someone...

Bleh. I dislike the English version of that pairing. The Japanese pairing of Olivia!Henry is really good though.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Henry and Nowi's support conversations are great. And the S-support makes Nah's and Henry C-Support so much better.

Top Bottom