• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Just kinda feel like I'm white noise sometimes or I just say really stupid stuff. And considering I'm not really a serious Robin player or into most of the games you guys are into I feel like an outcast.
Hahahah XD

I don't play any of the games these nerds play. I've been posting on this thread since I've been on these boards. I bet most of these blokes remember when I first popped in here one day out of the blue. Good times....

Anyway, I post here frequently, get good convos and a decent amount of likes out of many of those posts, and of course I've grown to know and love just about everyone here and vice-versa. And here's the big point: most of what I post here is total bullcrap. :rotfl:

But every thread needs its dweebs. It wouldn't be the same without me. :emptysheep:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Just kinda feel like I'm white noise sometimes or I just say really stupid stuff. And considering I'm not really a serious Robin player or into most of the games you guys are into I feel like an outcast.
Stupid stuff can be okay IN MODERATION! I mean just look at the insane ramblings of a madman that are some of my posts!
*MEANWHILE AT TEAM SMASH HEADQUARTERS!

Team Smash Grunt: Master! The announcement for the final Smash video presentation has been made!
Sakurai: Excellent, then all is going according to plan. You are dismissed.
Team Smash Grunt: Sir! *salutes, then leaves*
Sakurai: All the fans, they shall be expecting a release date for Cloud this month. They can rest assure in the fact that they will indeed get Cloud in December.....

..... December, 2016!

(I should probably be stopped)
On the subject of our Lord Tactician and Savior Robin, just look at the variety of different mains we got going on around here! We're one big pile of snowflakes! Don't feel like you have to main the character to hang out in their social thread.

As for games, being 100% honest when I first ventured into the ol' RST I didn't know jack **** about Fire Emblem! Never played a game except for maybe one time when I rented one. Heck the only FE game I've played is Awakening, and I haven't even beaten it yet! I'm such a fraud! But it was only because of this thread that I really looked into the series, and now it's become one of my favorite franchises! I'm not saying that's guaranteed to happen to you, or that you need to do that, it's just been my experience. That's what's so great about this thread in my mind is our diversity of users. You might learn about a game you'd never even heard of but is right up your alley, or you do that for someone else!

So don't be afraid to bring up or talk about games/shows/animes/whatevs that interest you, because you might find someone that you didn't even know was a fan!

Being friends with people doesn't mean enjoying ALL of the same things, it's about sharing the things you do and respecting the things you don't!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What makes you guys say that? I'm curious because I've found the Robin Social to be one of the most inviting, easygoing, and sociable threads on SB, and I'd hate for anyone to feel like they don't belong here.
I don't feel that way much anymore but I did in the past. I guess it's because I'm too shy for my own good and don't engage as much.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I don't feel that way much anymore but I did in the past. I guess it's because I'm too shy for my own good and don't engage as much.
I can definitely relate. I used to be very shy (and I still kind of am). I think it wasn't until my 9th grade English class that I really started coming out of my shell. :p
I don't melt when its above 32 degrees F tho
Screen shot 2015-12-09 at 6.30.06 PM.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oatmeal. Oatmeal. You know, you many not be able to be a Valkyrie, however, there is a class that you can be that is very similar to them.

A Strategies!

MATE. THAT IS LITERALLY THE DAY BEFORE STAR WARS IS OUT!!!!!!

HYPE!!!!

:135:
Star Wars is out on the 18th, that's a 3 day difference

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
upload_2015-12-9_18-51-8.png

I have another question for you guys. Should I go on the side quest that you get after chapter 7? They game says that some of the enemies there are really tough so I want to know all of your opinions.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
View attachment 86841
I have another question for you guys. Should I go on the side quest that you get after chapter 7? They game says that some of the enemies there are really tough so I want to know all of your opinions.
Go for it. A lot of times the side quests have certain gimmicks to them that make them different from ordinary chapters, that's all. Also, side quests will get you more gear and characters, like Canas :p

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
View attachment 86841
I'd say yes. Most of those side quests are actually pretty easy.

Remember: FE7 is a relatively forgiving game.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Go for it. A lot of times the side quests have certain gimmicks to them that make them different from ordinary chapters, that's all. Also, side quests will get you more gear and characters, like Canas :p
I'd say yes. Most of those side quests are actually pretty easy.

Remember: FE7 is a relatively forgiving game.
Decided to accept the side-quest but I will not attempt it until tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Pfff I dunno about all you frauds but I play :4robinf:
For Fun :awesome:
I consider Robin and MK my only mains. Of the two, however I'd say I'm most dedicated to Robin. I really enjoy his playstyle, and I believe he can be a potent threat in the meta (maybe not as much as Sheik or ZSS, but still enough to be a desirable main).

D

Deleted member

Robin is one of my mains too. But I'm not as good with him/her as I am with Marth and Link~

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Stories on why we came to this thread? I wanted to be more active on the forums, and @Matsushi talked about you guys a few times to me, so I hopped on board back in May. I honestly had no interest in Robin until I came here, and now he's a secondary/for fun character.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
View attachment 86841
Unless, you're facing a huge shortage of weapons and supplies (which hopefully you aren't) you should definitely take side quests whenever possible. They guarantee more EXP, and often can get you secret recruits.

D

Deleted member

I've been here to support Robin since before the day he got confirmed. After the shocking announcement, I decided to stay here and chill.
The Robin Social has honestly been a very positive thread for me. I've made a lot of great friends here. :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've dipped in and out a bit before I finally got a 3DS to play Smash and have been a mainstay since Robin was one of my most requested fighters.

I've met so many awesome people here and it's my favorite social (mostly due to my other mains' social being dead everytime Ike and ZSS isn't as lively and the Falco Socials are dead.

Atleast Shulk is alive and kicking but it's mostly filled with spoilered post talking about Xenoblade X.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
You don't have to play Robin to be a part of the Premium RST. Sure the ****posting has been getting out of hand recently, but this thread has a wonderful bunch of people.

We're basically the cool nerds that play Magic the Gathering in a cafe on a college campus!

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
When Robin was announced, I was super hyped, so I spent a good amount of time here. Not a whole lot, though. I checked in a couple of times over the year, just because.

I'm not saying I'm active here or anything, but I have been faithful to Robin for most of the game's life so far. Now I'm full Robin main with side Mintwo for fun. Thinking of picking up Rosalina, btw.

Oh, and I had premium for quite a while. It was cool.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
At least Shulk is alive and kicking but it's mostly filled with spoilered post talking about Xenoblade X.
Now I know which social I will ignore until I get XCX, not that I ever go there anyway but still.

As for the RST, I come here because it's well, a social, unlike the other "socials" which are really just metagame discussions and that's no fun. Here, as well as some of the other socials on this site, I get to talk about other things as well, not just Smash.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I remember @Izayoi referred me here after posting one of our replays on this thread awhile back. Since then I've just kinda stuck around and made a lot of close friends. I know it may sound kind of cheesy but you guys really feel like family to me. So thank you for letting me be a part of it.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
New info on Hyrule Warriors Legends including new Adventure Mode maps and a new mode called My Fairy.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/h...details-from-famitsu-my-fairy-adventure-mode/

Also some new costumes as well. Wait.... is that Lana based on Tiki?!?!
Screen shot 2015-12-09 at 9.38.07 PM.png

Screen shot 2015-12-09 at 9.39.24 PM.png

I'm REALLY hoping all of this cool stuff will be made available as (REASONABLY) priced DLC for the Wii U version, but with Koei's track record for these types of updated re-releases, I'm a bit worried.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually, it's the 17th here, soooooooooo, yeah. Day after for me.

You mad? :troll:

:135:
Why would I be mad? Since my last day of school's on that day, I can have something distracting me...them Star Wars will begin my Christmas.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'm REALLY hoping all of this cool stuff will be made available as (REASONABLY) priced DLC for the Wii U version, but with Koei's track record for these types of updated re-releases, I'm a bit worried.
Agreed. I'm willing to pay some good money for all of it if they're willing to make it available.

If not, than it's their loss and the money stays in my pocket for better or worse.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I first came to this thread a little before Robin was confirmed cause I thought s/he would be more interesting than Chrom. I just haven't gotten an account until recently.

Dude, you're awesome though. Saying I'm half as funny as you would be an insult for you.

Top Bottom