• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

M@v

Subarashii!
I'd likely be a Dreadfighter. Heavy swordfighting and can use a variety of other weapons, including tomes. And high evasiveness to boot.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Am I the only one who has no finals til next year?

Also, Direct hype

Nah

Smash Champion
I don't ever have to take another final again. Haven't had to take one in over a year now.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
before it becomes an issue:

it does not say this is the final update (dlc or otherwise) we will be getting for smash 4, nor is it the last time we will see smash 4 in a direct or other video presentation. it says it's the final video presentation dedicated to smash 4. there have been two so far:

- the april '14 smash direct, which revealed greninja, zero suit samus, sheik, yoshi, zelda, smash run, global smash power and many other modes and features (especially for the 3ds version)

- the december '14 "50-facts extravaganza", which revealed ridley on pyrosphere, jungle hijinxs, smash tour, mewtwo as dlc and many other modes and features (just for the wii u version)

this is stated to be the final presentation just based on smash 4 content and nothing else. nowhere does it say this is the only dlc we will be getting, or that there will be no more smash announcements after this.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Everyone talking about Finals and the Final Smash Direct, while I'm over here like:

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
nowhere does it say this is the only dlc we will be getting,
Didn't Sakurai say this direct will be the last wave of DLC that will be announced? I mean, it might not be released all today, or have even a release date today, but I heard a lot of people saying that all the remaining DLC IS going to be announced in this direct. I'm trying to re-find the source right now

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Didn't Sakurai say this direct will be the last wave of DLC that will be announced? I mean, it might not be released all today, or have even a release date today, but I heard a lot of people saying that all the remaining DLC IS going to be announced in this direct. I'm trying to re-find the source right now
if you can find the source, please share it, because i've literally never heard that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

it does not say this is the final update (dlc or otherwise) we will be getting for smash 4, nor is it the last time we will see smash 4 in a direct or other video presentation. it says it's the final video presentation dedicated to smash 4. there have been two so far:

- the april '14 smash direct, which revealed greninja, zero suit samus, sheik, yoshi, zelda, smash run, global smash power and many other modes and features (especially for the 3ds version)

- the december '14 "50-facts extravaganza", which revealed ridley on pyrosphere, jungle hijinxs, smash tour, mewtwo as dlc and many other modes and features (just for the wii u version)

this is stated to be the final presentation just based on smash 4 content and nothing else. nowhere does it say this is the only dlc we will be getting, or that there will be no more smash announcements after this.
The 50 fact thing was in October, not December.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
if you can find the source, please share it, because i've literally never heard that.
Went back into the skype chat a few weeks ago where the conversation was and turns it was just a linking saying they think it'll be the last wave of DLC, my mistake!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
If you guys were in a fire emblem world what class would you want to be? Excluding special classes like Lord, Tachtician, Nohr Prince/ss etc.

I'd totally be a Dark Mage.
War Monk

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I really highly doubt this is the final wave of DLC, but it's been implied the team can only be together for so long, it could be possible (but unlikely).

Most likely they're going to keep milking this for the next several months (they have to have been working on something other than Cloud+stages+balance changes during this long waiting period) because it's free money. Once Sakurai decides that it's time to pull the plug he will. He has some integrity.

If I had to be an FE class it would neeed to be a Dark Mage.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If you guys were in a fire emblem world what class would you want to be? Excluding special classes like Lord, Tachtician, Nohr Prince/ss etc.

Dragon/wyvern/pegasus knight, so I can destroy entire games with my ridiculous bases and/or broken growth rates. Failing those, Swordmaster would be pretty cool, so I can do this all day:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
*MEANWHILE AT TEAM SMASH HEADQUARTERS!

Team Smash Grunt: Master! The announcement for the final Smash video presentation has been made!
Sakurai: Excellent, then all is going according to plan. You are dismissed.
Team Smash Grunt: Sir! *salutes, then leaves*
Sakurai: All the fans, they shall be expecting a release date for Cloud this month. They can rest assure in the fact that they will indeed get Cloud in December.....

..... December, 2016!

(I should probably be stopped)

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720

Summoner for me :p If only said class was a mainstay in the fire emblem series :crying:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
The time has come. The time for the Smash Direct.

These boards' narrow speculations shall end.

Sakurai will rule!

Dweebness aside, I must say, last wave of DLC or no, that it has been a pleasure speculating with you tacticians. I hope we are all pleased with what Sakurai brings us with the coming week.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688

I don't care about your restriction, it's Freelancer or bust for me. Though I guess the Puppeteer class would take a close second, since it's virtually making a sensory-linked clone of yourself.

Would choosing Merchant turn me into Anna? :3

Finally, I was dying for news when we'd get the DLC scoop. It's finals week, but I really don't care. In fact, it's motivational!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I really highly doubt this is the final wave of DLC, but it's been implied the team can only be together for so long, it could be possible (but unlikely).

Most likely they're going to keep milking this for the next several months (they have to have been working on something other than Cloud+stages+balance changes during this long waiting period) because it's free money. Once Sakurai decides that it's time to pull the plug he will. He has some integrity.

If I had to be an FE class it would neeed to be a Dark Mage.
They probably worked on a bunch of characters but this is the last direct focused on smash.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Am I the only one who has no finals til next year?

Also, Direct hype
I have finals all next week...

Thank you! I've been saying this to smash friends for a while, but they just tuned me out.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1

i want to be a pegasus knight
live out all of my childhood dreams of owning a pegasus/unicorn :v

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
i want to be a pegasus knight
live out all of my childhood dreams of owning a pegasus/unicorn :v
For some reason, this oozes "Pega-pony Princess". :p

If pirates in FE actually were pirates and not massive axe-wielding thugs named pirates, I would like to be a pirate. Why? 'CAUSE I'M A (SKY) PIRATE! That or an archer, nomad, thief, or hero.

Edit: Now that I think of it... being a werewolf, fox spirit, or taguel would be cool... I get to have fuzzy ears! ... TOO MANY CLASSES!

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
i feel like i don't belong in here and it sucks
I sometimes feel the same and I made a similar post a few months ago about it too.
What makes you guys say that? I'm curious because I've found the Robin Social to be one of the most inviting, easygoing, and sociable threads on SB, and I'd hate for anyone to feel like they don't belong here.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
COME ONE! COME ALL!

Now weeaboo-otakus of the Rabin Social Thread, here are my predictions for the Smash Stream:

At least one never-before-seen stage.

A butt-ton of new costumes.

The return of Great Bay.

A new adventure mode, complete with a new story and fully-voiced cutscenes.

The Subspace Emissary HD to go along with that.

Melee adventure mode.

Smash 4 adventure mode.

Melee physics.

Brawl physics.

Smash 4 physics.

Smash 7 physics.

Quantum physics.

All the new DLC characters.

A brand new mode.

New alternate costumes.

Customs for all the DLC characters.

Project M Smash 4 edition.

Project B.

Project 64.

Smash Documentary, an all-new mode complete with commentary by Morgan Freeman.

A new character.

The return of Target Smash in the form of Target Flap, a game where your character is moving forward on a straight course filled with vertical pipes and you must hold a button in order to control your character's altitude, avoid the pipes, and hit the targets.

The Smash Ballot winners, based on tallies of votes from the differing sexes, nationalities, social statuses, and tastes in characters:

King K. Rool. (as a stage)

Snake complete with a new moveset centering around a coiling mechanic.

Wolf in his original Starfox SNES glory.

Inkling.

Isaac complete with Robin's moveset.

Melee Fox

Mario complete with Paper Mario's moveset.

An original character.

Goku.

Shrek.

Britney Spears

Freddy Fazbear.

Cloud (oh wait).

Steve.

Eliwood.

Lyn.

Hector.

Sigurd.

Micaiah.

All the rest.

Mario.

A sword-wielder.

... GODZILLA.

Melee Marth.

Masked Dedede.

Parappa the Rapper.

Edward Elric.

Optimus Prime.

Brawl Meta Knight.

Galacta Knight complete with Brawl Meta Knight's moveset.

Whoever won the Smash Ballot.

All Pokémon ever.

John Cena complete with Lu Cena's moveset.

Satoru Iwata in honor of Satoru Iwata.

That's all I've got as far as predictions go. I hope everyone gets the character they want! :emptysheep:

I'M SORRY I JUST WANTED TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What makes you guys say that? I'm curious because I've found the Robin Social to be one of the most inviting, easygoing, and sociable threads on SB, and I'd hate for anyone to feel like they don't belong here.
Just kinda feel like I'm white noise sometimes or I just say really stupid stuff. And considering I'm not really a serious Robin player or into most of the games you guys are into I feel like an outcast.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just kinda feel like I'm white noise sometimes or I just say really stupid stuff. And considering I'm not really a serious Robin player or into most of the games you guys are into I feel like an outcast.
yeah but how many of us even play robin?

*quietly hides pocket robin*

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I don't even play Smash that much let alone seriously yet I'm here. I don't consider myself particularly social either.

Top Bottom