• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Pretty sure some unexpected character is gonna get in and its gonna unfold like this.
"This video contains content from SunNetwork, who has blocked it from display on this website."

How rude. At least I can still view it on Youtube.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I thought this was kinda funny.
Lucina now joins SFM. What a time to be alive. I really hope someone recreates that scene from Nier of Laura Bailey's yells at some book called Weiss. Maybe even turn it into an Incorrect FE:A Quote! I can't really post the video because strong language and that's no good!

"Robin, you *******! Start making sense, you rotten book, or you're going to be sorry! Maybe I'll rip your pages out, one by one! Or maybe I'll put you into the god**** furnace! How can someone with such a big, smart brain get hypnotized like a little *****, huh? Oh Grima! I love you, Grima! Come over here and give Robin a big sloppy kiss, Grima! NOW PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR GOD**** *** AND START ******* HELPING US!

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Lucina now joins SFM. What a time to be alive. I really hope someone recreates that scene from Nier of Laura Bailey's yells at some book called Weiss. Maybe even turn it into an Incorrect FE:A Quote! I can't really post the video because strong language and that's no good!

"Robin, you *******! Start making sense, you rotten book, or you're going to be sorry! Maybe I'll rip your pages out, one by one! Or maybe I'll put you into the god**** furnace! How can someone with such a big, smart brain get hypnotized like a little *****, huh? Oh Grima! I love you, Grima! Come over here and give Robin a big sloppy kiss, Grima! NOW PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR GOD**** *** AND START ******* HELPING US!
The same person is in the process of doing Robin and has done other characters as well.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Fortunately, Delphox has a way in through non-Ballot means that a lot of other characters don't. After all, not many are in a position where we can plausibly believe they were looked at early in development...
What do you mean?

:135:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The same person is in the process of doing Robin and has done other characters as well.
What would Chrom? We can create a series in SFM of Chrom going out trying different stuff to get his mind off of being rejected in Smash! Something like Chrom helping BLU out in Team Fortress 2, Chrom participating in Turf Wars and Splatfests in Splatoon, or just downright attempt to recreate Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eraser. Just replace Raiden with Chrom and have him try (and fail miserably) to kill Kamui and take his place as the main character in Fates.

I'm already recreating the scenarios from Snake Eraser but with Fates characters on my head!

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
What would Chrom? We can create a series in SFM of Chrom going out trying different stuff to get his mind off of being rejected in Smash! Something like Chrom helping BLU out in Team Fortress 2, Chrom participating in Turf Wars and Splatfests in Splatoon, or just downright attempt to recreate Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eraser. Just replace Raiden with Chrom and have him try (and fail miserably) to kill Kamui and take his place as the main character in Fates.

I'm already recreating the scenarios from Snake Eraser but with Fates characters on my head!
No word on Chrom yet, I think. You can see all of the models gotten here. Careful, there's a lot of pages.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
2 more days until the moment comic book nerds/geeks/fans have been waiting for

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I understand. I personally don't like the CCI thread myself despite loving to discuss competitive theory myself, stuff gets really heated in there at times and some people's attitudes there are just ech.
+1 just from that third alone
granted I too am guilty of some of the behavior listed but that's why i post less than I used to often restricting myself to specifically Villager/Swordfighter related content

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
What do you mean?

You know how Greninja was chosen early on even though Gen 6 was still in production, since X and Y were slotted to be out a year before Smash 4? Sakurai and his team were sent copies of concept art and other design documents to build Greninja with to make sure the portrayal was accurate.

But here's what no one ever mentions: there's no way Greninja was the only one they looked at. They wouldn't have banked on just one option. They would've had multiple Gen 6 mons that they chose from, and then decided Greninja had the most potential of them.

Who's to say they might not have been interested in a second one of them, and said second pick was just overshadowed and left on the cutting room floor only to be brought back once DLC went under way? And when you consider Delphox is a starter, a firebender (a popular element), and a mage (a very popular character type), it makes you wonder.

...Oh, and Delphox is also Junichi Masuda's favorite Kalos starter, so if Sakurai asked he'd be on board with it.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I thought this was kinda funny.

Y'know how I claimed this page? I've got THE GOODS!
No Tardis landing sound? BOOOOOOO. 0/10

I hear Crash Twinsanity music.

I know those doo waa anywhere
I heard them too. Goods, that song is hilarious. And the game isn't half bad either (even though I haven't played it entirely)

You know how Greninja was chosen early on even though Gen 6 was still in production, since X and Y were slotted to be out a year before Smash 4? Sakurai and his team were sent copies of concept art and other design documents to build Greninja with to make sure the portrayal was accurate.

But here's what no one ever mentions: there's no was Greninja was the only one they looked at. They wouldn't have banked on just one option. They would've had multiple Gen 6 mons that they chose from, and then decided Greninja had the most potential of them.

Who's to say they might not have been interested in a second one of them, and said second pick was just overshadowed and left on the cutting room floor only to be brought back once DLC went under way? And when you consider Delphox is a starter, a firebender (a popular element), and a mage (a very popular character type), it makes you wonder.

...Oh, and Delphox is also Junichi Masuda's favorite Kalos starter, so if Sakurai asked he'd be on board with it.
Ah, I see where you are getting at here. With this in mind, Delphox could easily get into Smash. Though I guess Mewtwo and Squirtle+Ivysaur do kind stuff with the odds a bit.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
This is only round 1. Raziek himself says in the description that he lost to ZeRo's Diddy in rounds 2 and 3.

Admittedly looked like a one off to me but still nice to see a Robin beat Zero. I've seen Nairo's Robin beat ZeRo a few times too (until ZeRo picks Diddy Kong of course lmao)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Ah, I see where you are getting at here. With this in mind, Delphox could easily get into Smash. Though I guess Mewtwo and Squirtle+Ivysaur do kind stuff with the odds a bit.

But nothing says we're limited to one DLC character per series. In fact, considering Sakurai had no problem adding three Mario characters this time around (albeit with one a clone), I doubt he'd have a problem with it.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
ugh why can I only bring 10 optional units to the endgame of Radiant Dawn
Sothe, Sanaki, Kurthnaga, and Ena (dragons are too slow to be useful in my opinion, though Laguz gems help) are frankly wastes of slots, I could do with those four extra slots for actual competent units.

So after much deliberation, I've decided on these:
- Tibarn
- Haar
- Jill (still surprised I got her this far without sending her to Ike's party in Part 3)
- Mia
- Nephenee
- Elincia
- Marcia
- Titania
- Pelleas
- Shinon

Which means I have to sacrifice these equally strong units:
- Boyd
- Soren
- Oscar
- Kieran
- Mist
- Gatrie
- Stefan (though really I just wanted to bring him so that Alondite doesn't go to waste)
- Naesala
- Caineghis
- Nailah

That's an entire additional party of 10 :/

This game has so many strong units. It's just a shame so few of them were part of the Dawn Brigade :/ I still wonder how they ever passed through balance testing.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
At least Sanaki and Kurthnaga have somewhat of plot reasons to be there (and Kurth has a chance to become good in part 3), there's no reason to force Sothe and Ena down your throat. I do prefer to not bring the Laguz royals when I get to the tower, just to make things a tiny bit more enticing.
If it's any consolation, I don't think Mist or Gatrie could have done much to help at that point. I only brought paladins once in my 3 playthroughs, but I remember their performance was...underwhelming, despite being pretty useful throughout the rest of the game(well, Titania and Oscar anyhow).

Nah

Smash Champion
Part of Ena's problem is that she's classified as a Red Dragon in battle but has the growths of a White Dragon. Like I get that she has both red and white dragon ancestors (and that's why she's pink) but why would you do that from a gameplay perspective. And I've always hated how you have to bring Sothe into the Tower. Only unit I can't stand being forced to come with you for the endgame. He's such dead weight at that point, and he's basically forced into your party because he has problems standing more than 10 feet away from Micaiah. Not because he actually has some relevance to what happens in the tower. I GET IT SOTHE YOU REALLY HAVE A THING FOR HER NOW PLEASE GET OUT OF MY GROUP SO I CAN PUT SOMEONE USEFUL IN YOUR PLACE.

Last edited:

OJoe64

Smash Rookie
NNID
OJoe24
Hey good job!~

Yeah, Pikachu can be a pain in the *** to play against. Especially if it's your first time offline because Pikachu is trash in online play and you have to adjust and all that stuff
Lol I just found this. I'm the Pikachu player you guys are talking about.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If you guys were in a fire emblem world what class would you want to be? Excluding special classes like Lord, Tachtician, Nohr Prince/ss etc.

I'd totally be a Dark Mage.

Top Bottom