• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Cool.
Reminds me of when people were requesting Steve to be in Smash. And I guess that's possible now.
In other news, I traveled to a monthly over in Spokane with my crew (Yes, I'm in one) and made 13th place tie, as well as faced off with a few of my states PR'd players :teeth: Progress for certain.

Anywho, what are the haps around these parts?
Good job man!

And 2 things that happened to me since you were last here was that I attended a pretty big tournament and made it out of pools and got 49th.
The other thing that happened was that I got FE7 on the VC.
Edit: Been a long time since I claimed a page.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Gotta love Kid Icarus references in Fire Emblem

Nah my brother loves Young Link. He thinks he is, and I quote, "a ledgebox".

And hates Toon Link, but for different reasons.
Really?! Tell him that HIS AWESOME. Wait, what's a ledgebox?

:135:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Cool.
Reminds me of when people were requesting Steve to be in Smash. And I guess that's possible now.

Good job man!

And 2 things that happened to me since you were last here was that I attended a pretty big tournament and made it out of pools and got 49th.
The other thing that happened was that I got FE7 on the VC.
Might I ask how many entrants, if you know? :p
Enjoy FE7 as well! Canas (the one recruitable dark magic user (besides a late endgame character)) is truly a thing of beauty, make sure to use him :rotfl:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Might I ask how many entrants, if you know? :p
Enjoy FE7 as well! Canas (the one recruitable dark magic user (besides a late endgame character)) is truly a thing of beauty, make sure to use him :rotfl:
There were 122 entrants.
And I will make sure to recruit him.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
;-;

Looks like the world is against me

If it makes you feel any better, people seem to think Young Link has a better chance than the character I've been campaigning for. Ah, the struggle of a character that isn't already on people's radars...

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
*goes back to read page 758*
*sees that @Raziek bodied Larry the Hedgehog off the social*
good
*goes to next page*
*remembers that I got shipped with @Project Crysis *

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So how important are supports in FE7 compared to the other FE games?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
supports are AMAZING in the GBA emblems. I highly suggest you look up the affinity system and build great ones. The stat boosts are super noticeable. Also terrain is way way more useful than it ever was in Awakening, make sure to hide in forests a lot to be a jerk

D

Deleted member

Was I the only one that almost (but not quite!) agreed with @Feelicks tier list? D:

Also saying that "big annoucement" today was disappointing is an understatement. I was pretty mad when I found out tbh.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Was I the only one that almost (but not quite!) agreed with @Feelicks tier list? D:

Also saying that "big annoucement" today was disappointing is an understatement. I was pretty mad when I found out tbh.
This is why you always like, gotta be cautious and stuff! I try not to get TOO hype because the disappointment can hit like a truck. I feel you though, it's happened to me in the past.

D

Deleted member

I suppose so. Y'all are haters >:UUU

D

Deleted member

This is why you always like, gotta be cautious and stuff! I try not to get TOO hype because the disappointment can hit like a truck. I feel you though, it's happened to me in the past.
I somewhat didn't get my hoopes up but at the same time I was expecting something awesome. like CLoud being released.

Yeah I thought your tier list was accurate for the most part. I disagreed with a few placements but other than that I thought it was solid, yo.

Also Rinku リンク Rinku リンク we can maybe play Thursday because I"m off that day~

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
This made me happy~
:3

A stupid weird way of saying "legend". Don't question it, he has weird slang.
Aw jez........

Well, apart from that, he seems like an awesome person! Curious though, why does he like Young Link? And did he vote for him in the Ballot?

If it makes you feel any better, people seem to think Young Link has a better chance than the character I've been campaigning for. Ah, the struggle of a character that isn't already on people's radars...
Delphox? Well, I'm sorry to here that anyway. It would be nice if all characters could get into smash. that would be great.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Ha ha ha
That's punny.

I'm disappointed about it too. My brother is obsessed with Minecraft, and one can only take so much before it becomes super annoying.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The announcement earlier was made by an indie developer on Twitter, so it was obvious that it was gonna be about Minecraft. A lot of people like to overhype themselves whenever an announcement regarding Nintendo comes out. Same whenever a maintenance occurs for Sm4sh. People act like every online maintenance is gonna be "INCOMING UPDATE! DLC AND PATCH CONFIRMED!". People should have learned from the last few maintenances not to get too hyped. If there was gonna be an announcement for the Smash broadcast, the main Nintendo Twitter would have said something about it by now.

-RANT OVER-

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I will show solidarity with my foxy brother.

To under-appreciated heroes!

It's probably because I spend so much time in the CCI thread and I'm big into competitive theory, so I'm intensely critical of tier lists of any kind. Don't take it personally, we're over a year into the game and people still have no idea what half the cast is capable of.

Well, apart from that, he seems like an awesome person! Curious though, why does he like Young Link? And did he vote for him in the Ballot?
I think it's because he was a big fan of Ocarina of Time way back when and he played Young Link a lot in Melee. No real reason why beyond that, he just really likes the character.

He didn't vote for him, he only voted for one character right before the ballot closed, and that was Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia.

The announcement earlier was made by an indie developer on Twitter, so it was obvious that it was gonna be about Minecraft. A lot of people like to overhype themselves whenever an announcement regarding Nintendo comes out. Same whenever a maintenance occurs for Sm4sh. People act like every online maintenance is gonna be "INCOMING UPDATE! DLC AND PATCH CONFIRMED!". People should have learned from the last few maintenances not to get too hyped. If there was gonna be an announcement for the Smash broadcast, the main Nintendo Twitter would have said something about it by now.

-RANT OVER-
THANK YOU.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I would've perfered Final Fantasy 7 on Wii U or the remake on the NX...or pics of the next TMNT game, but I guess people will like Minecraft on Wii U.

Also, Marvel is redoing the Civil War storyline with a sequel.

D

Deleted member

It's probably because I spend so much time in the CCI thread and I'm big into competitive theory, so I'm intensely critical of tier lists of any kind. Don't take it personally, we're over a year into the game and people still have no idea what half the cast is capable of.
I understand. I personally don't like the CCI thread myself despite loving to discuss competitive theory myself, stuff gets really heated in there at times and some people's attitudes there are just ech.

I only really pop in when a character I'm passionate about us the topic of discussion, and even then I usually try to avoid any prolonged arguments because I feel like I'll say something exceedingly dumb while someone gets all snappy and gets like 20 likes on one post.

Sorry for the rant but it's just how I've really felt.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341

-RANT OVER-
All of this.

In more positive/happy news, that signature is fantastic. :mariomelee::luigimelee:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I understand. I personally don't like the CCI thread myself despite loving to discuss competitive theory myself, stuff gets really heated in there at times and some people's attitudes there are just ech.

I only really pop in when a character I'm passionate about us the topic of discussion, and even then I usually try to avoid any prolonged arguments because I feel like I'll say something exceedingly dumb while someone gets all snappy and gets like 20 likes on one post.

Sorry for the rant but it's just how I've really felt.
That's fair. I'm quite fond of it myself, I find it's a good hub for sharing ideas and opinions, and you do get the occasional nugget of brilliance if you're persistent. Tempers can get raised, but I guess that's to be expected when you have a small group of very dedicated people discussing how to compete in an ever-shifting environment.

It does take a while to get used to it if you're getting involved for the first time: I know I was very timid and barely said anything when I got there, and now I'm a regular contributor. It's just a matter of respecting people's opinions and giving them enough space to be themselves. The vast majority of people there don't intend to be nasty or overly passionate, it's just how they are. Most people will behave well if you just respect them. A little understanding goes a long way.

D

Deleted member

That's fair. I'm quite fond of it myself, I find it's a good hub for sharing ideas and opinions, and you do get the occasional nugget of brilliance if you're persistent. Tempers can get raised, but I guess that's to be expected when you have a small group of very dedicated people discussing how to compete in an ever-shifting environment.

It does take a while to get used to it if you're getting involved for the first time: I know I was very timid and barely said anything when I got there, and now I'm a regular contributor. It's just a matter of respecting people's opinions and giving them enough space to be themselves. The vast majority of people there don't intend to be nasty or overly passionate, it's just how they are. Most people will behave well if you just respect them. A little understanding goes a long way.
I suppose I can give the thread another try someday, wouldn't hurt to.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Here here

I think it's because he was a big fan of Ocarina of Time way back when and he played Young Link a lot in Melee. No real reason why beyond that, he just really likes the character.

He didn't vote for him, he only voted for one character right before the ballot closed, and that was Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia.
Well that's fair enough. My reason are very similar to him. Though I think it was Melee more than another that made me really love the character. Which is weird since Brawl was my first Smash game.

Wait, he didn't vote for Young Link?!

Well, at least he voted for a somewhat cool character. Tho I wish it was Young Link. Or Crash.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Yes that is male Kamui's female daughter, Kanna.

She is Orochi, a Spellcaster from Hoshido.

I see. I find Kanna's over-sized neckerchief and big round eyes the most adorable things about him/her. Considering how dangerous they've managed to make the Avatar look, their kid looks harmless.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Delphox? Well, I'm sorry to here that anyway. It would be nice if all characters could get into smash. that would be great.

Fortunately, Delphox has a way in through non-Ballot means that a lot of other characters don't. After all, not many are in a position where we can plausibly believe they were looked at early in development...

Top Bottom