• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I have a bit of a question for all of you.

I recently got a Prepaid card to use for the e shop and I'm thinking about using it on one of the 2 FE games on Virtual Console.
My question is between FE7 and Sacred Stones, which one would you recommend to a newcomer to the series like me?
I think 7 does a good enough job introducing the series to newcomers, despite Eliwoods high chances to turn out a mediocre dead weight. It's also generally considered one of the better entries in the series, at least in the west.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'll make two semi-educated guesses: one, it could be that Smash broadcast we so hope for, or two, maybe new info on the Nintendo NX. Those would make the most sense, but I'm not holding my breath on either.

...If it's the former, I'm totally buying an eShop card on Tuesday.
I don't think it will be the Smash Direct they'd mention it before hand by a couple days.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I decided to get FE7. I guess I'll tell everyone how it goes.

Matsushi

True Blood

College deadlines are the absolute worst. I've been soooo busy, aaaah. The first thing I noticed first was... everyone is premium. Everyone!

Also AmericanDJ AmericanDJ and Devil May Plop Devil May Plop , I have your (very) overdue requests ready! I am so sorry that it took so long, 4 weeks is inexcusable and therefore I apologize.
Devil May Plop Devil May Plop
AmericanDJ AmericanDJ
I had to upload them on tumblr first to make sure that they weren't broken. Let me know if any of them appear broken!

Also, I heard that there was Marth talk whilst I was away... :dr^_^:

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Of course an enemy hits Lyn with a 39% chance so I have to start over.

College deadlines are the absolute worst. I've been soooo busy, aaaah. The first thing I noticed first was... everyone is premium. Everyone!

Also AmericanDJ AmericanDJ and Devil May Plop Devil May Plop , I have your (very) overdue requests ready! I am so sorry that it took so long, 4 weeks is inexcusable and therefore I apologize.
AmericanDJ AmericanDJ
I had to upload them on tumblr first to make sure that they weren't broken. Let me know if any of them appear broken!

Thank you! And I forgive you for being late on this.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

AmericanDJ AmericanDJ

MMAAATTTTSSSSUUUU!
I missed you!
It's weird looking at mine and then the AmericanDJ AmericanDJ ones. Like, wow, what a tone shift.

Anyway, thanks!

The Ryu one has the perfect taunt. It's like he's motioning for you to do it.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Yeah we had a little Wal-Marth session while you were away. It wasn't the same without you though. Good to see the queen herself again lol.
And I missed it! Ooooh, that sucks. Oh well, until the next time!
Thank you! And I forgive you for being late on this.
Thank you very much. <3
MMAAATTTTSSSSUUUU!
I missed you!
It's weird looking at mine and then the AmericanDJ AmericanDJ ones. Like, wow, what a tone shift.

Anyway, thanks!
I missed you too, man! I hope you're doing gud.

And you're very welcome! Glad you like 'em. >:D

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So apparently hiding in the woods solve all of my problems. I'll keep that in mind.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I have a bit of a question for all of you.

I recently got a Prepaid card to use for the e shop and I'm thinking about using it on one of the 2 FE games on Virtual Console.
My question is between FE7 and Sacred Stones, which one would you recommend to a newcomer to the series like me?
Sacred Stomes is better. Choose that. Plus Lance Lord ftw.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Either one is fine but FE7 has a much longer plot in the main story while SS has more post game content to keep the player busy.

Either works as an intro to pre-Awakening FE.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, can I have some help with downloading some games on this emulator I'm trying to run? I just can seem to figure it out.

Ok, so I've download PCSX (reloaded) and want to play some Crash Bandicoot games on it. As far I know, the emulator is all fine. However, every time I try to download the Crash game, it doesn't seem to come with everything I need to play the game (i.e. doesn't download as a folder). So I don't know if something isn't downloading properly or if I am downloading it from the wrong place.

Help please?

:135:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey guys, can I have some help with downloading some games on this emulator I'm trying to run? I just can seem to figure it out.

Ok, so I've download PCSX (reloaded) and want to play some Crash Bandicoot games on it. As far I know, the emulator is all fine. However, every time I try to download the Crash game, it doesn't seem to come with everything I need to play the game (i.e. doesn't download as a folder). So I don't know if something isn't downloading properly or if I am downloading it from the wrong place.

Help please?

So...much...changing...AND IT'S NOT EVEN A YOUNG LINK PICTURE!!!!!!???!!!!!!???!!!!!!???!!!!!!???!!!!!!?

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

AmericanDJ AmericanDJ

Mrs. Marth, welcome back! It's great to see you back! I wish you luck on future deadlines, nee-sama~
Speaking of Sacred Stones, IDK what happened on Chapter 7 but Joshua kept getting crits at 10%, Eirika at 5%, and Lute at 1%. Like on every single time they would attack.

Of course, I had to reset because a Solider with a 29% chance to land a hit wrecked Colm.

Hmph :p.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Mrs. Marth, welcome back! It's great to see you back! I wish you luck on future deadlines, nee-sama~

Speaking of Sacred Stones, IDK what happened on Chapter 7 but Joshua kept getting crits at 10%, Eirika at 5%, and Lute at 1%. Like on every single time they would attack.

Of course, I had to reset because a Solider with a 29% chance to land a hit wrecked Colm.

Hmph :p.
Maybe it was a glitch?

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Sounds more like RNG shenanigans... I always found the GBA games gave a lot more crits than later games, especially compared to Radiant Dawn. I mean, you can almost rely on crits in FE7 and Sacred Stones, sometimes...

Well, the only things we know about the announcement tomorrow are: it's by Nintendo (duh), and it's supposed to be something big. Don't you just love vague teasers?

I'd say this is bigger news in the run of things we actually know:
Steins;Gate is getting a sequel anime!!! The plot for it will be based off of (spoiler for those who haven't seen the end):
alternate ending where Okabe fails to save Kurisu, and the world stays in the Beta line.

They even aired an alternate version of episode 23 of the first series to set up for the sequel.

Matsushi

True Blood
"Mrs. Marth", I like it. :p Thank you very much though! Luckily all my deadlines are over now, just got a couple exams to get through, and then I am done for this term! I am so ready for this much needed Christmas break.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688

Help please?

Quick question: does PCSX want an iso or a folder? Also, what is the file downloading as? Maybe you're downloading a torrent file without realizing it...?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I just finished watching the first episode of One-Punch Man and I enjoyed it.
YASS! :4falcon:

It's an amazing series, and I think you will really enjoy it!

Speaking of which, Episode 10 today was some goooooooooooooooooooooo0oooooooooooooooooooooood s***!
Well it ain't making more money than my Turtles, so y'all ain't strong enough

AmericanDJ AmericanDJ

Guess who's back, back again! Matsushi Matsushi 's back! Tell a friend!

Whassup friend? I mean besides college finals being a butt! (I'm feeling that feeling right now too)

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
"Mrs. Marth", I like it. :p Thank you very much though! Luckily all my deadlines are over now, just got a couple exams to get through, and then I am done for this term! I am so ready for this much needed Christmas break.
I can't agree with you more! Cannot wait, sis.

D

Deleted member

S: :4sheik::4zss::4ryu::4pikachu::rosalina:
A: :4mario::4fox::4sonic::4metaknight::4ness::4diddy::4yoshi::4wario:
B: :4villager::4luigi::4myfriends::4falcon::4pit::4darkpit::4pacman::4peach::4olimar::4rob:
C: :4greninja::4feroy::4megaman::4dk::4tlink::4lucas::4marth::4robinf::4link:
D: :4falco::4drmario::4gaw::4wiifit::4lucario::4littlemac::4charizard::4lucina:
E: :4kirby::4samus::4palutena::4bowserjr::4shulk::4dedede::4miisword::4bowser:
F: :4duckhunt::4mewtwo::4ganondorf::4miigun::4zelda::4jigglypuff::4miibrawl:

I interrupt today's programming with a revised version of that tier list I posted a few pages back. Tell me what y'all think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matsushi

True Blood
Guess who's back, back again! Matsushi Matsushi 's back! Tell a friend!

Whassup friend? I mean besides college finals being a butt! (I'm feeling that feeling right now too)
Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back

Hai! Your name is no longer Zantetsugun, but Santatsugun! Genius. :p

I'm doing very well though, thank you! But yeah, college deadlines are being a booty. I'm also almost finished clearing all the games in my backlog, now I just need to finish Uncharted 3 and then I can start buying new vidya gaems. :dr-_-:

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
YASS! :4falcon:

It's an amazing series, and I think you will really enjoy it!

Speaking of which, Episode 10 today was some goooooooooooooooooooooo0oooooooooooooooooooooood s***!
I just finished Episode 4. Man that punch to the groin.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
B: :4villager::4luigi::4myfriends::4falcon::4pit::4darkpit::4pacman::4peach::4olimar::4rob:

I interrupt today's programming with a revised version of that tier list I posted a few pages back. Tell me what y'all think.
Greninja should be in Low to Mid B tier. #FreeTheFrog!

Mii Brawler is definitely not the worst character in the game.

Lucario should (maybe) be a bit higher to account for The Aura! shenanigans.
Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back

Hai! Your name is no longer Zantetsugun, but Santatsugun! Genius. :p

I'm doing very well though, thank you! But yeah, college deadlines are being a booty. I'm also almost finished clearing all the games in my backlog, now I just need to finish Uncharted 3 and then I can start buying new vidya gaems. :dr-_-:
Indeed! Thank you very much!

Must be nice, my backlog is still a mile long! :psycho: And it's only going to get longer after Christmas since I'm planning on finally buying a PS4 (KHIII's gotta come out sooner or later goddammit) with the $$$ I get from my dad!
I just finished Episode 4. Man that punch to the groin.
Poor Sonic. RIP in spaghetti, etc etc.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

If you want the best opinion(s) on something like this, it's usually a good idea to flag @Raziek. He's the more learned of us all.

D

Deleted member

Greninja should be in Low to Mid B tier. #FreeTheFrog!

Mii Brawler is definitely not the worst character in the game.

Lucario should (maybe) be a bit higher to account for The Aura! shenanigans.
Miis on this are 1111 default size, 1111 Brawler definitely is that bad.

Greninja I didn't put higher was because of his lack of representation, he's just really not that relevant in the meta right now. He's a very good character with lots of room to grow, but he needs more players first before he's in the same tier as R.O.B., the Pits or Peach.

If you want the best opinion(s) on something like this, it's usually a good idea to flag @Raziek. He's the more learned of us all.
I've heard of Raziek. He's fought @shrooby (the Dedede bae <3) a few times before which is cool.

D

Deleted member

This is one of the better tier lists I've seen.

Just wondering why Shulk is so low though?

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688

10/10 Would downvote if I could.

Shulk in Tier D? Someone hasn't played TrueSapphire... Like, really, high C is the absolute lowest I would put him. I have several other beefs too, but that one really stands out.

D

Deleted member

This is one of the better tier lists I've seen.

Just wondering why Shulk is so low though?
Lots of bad MUs against high/top tiers, garbage frame data and a poor recovery unless you have the Jump art. He has disjoints but it's a problem when said disjoints take forever to come out and take forever to end.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So...much...changing...AND IT'S NOT EVEN A YOUNG LINK PICTURE!!!!!!???!!!!!!???!!!!!!???!!!!!!???!!!!!!?

Are you okay?

Quick question: does PCSX want an iso or a folder? Also, what is the file downloading as? Maybe you're downloading a torrent file without realizing it...?
Well, it says it can run of IOS, DC and BIOS. But from what I have deciphered, should be playing it through IOS. Also, I am down;loading the game from CoolRom, so I don't know if that is the file you are talking about?

Edit: Note: This is for Mac OXS

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

I will never believe Pika is S tier (until somebody other than ESAM and False do stuff with him).

If this is ordered within tiers, I don't think Mario is that good.

I think Luigi is a tad overrated. I'd put Ike above him and Falcon above Ike.

The Pits may be a bit high, I'd put Peach and R.O.B. just over them.

Greninja in B tier please. I think he's within a spot of the Pits (either way, I don't know exactly).

Don't know about Olimar. Top of C sounds better if you ask me.

Robin is significantly better than Marth.

Link may make more sense at the top of D.

Wii Fit should be higher, she's a beast in the right hands.

Charizard is overrated here. He's not that good.

Junior is underrated. He's mid-tier at worst.

I think Mewtwo is too low and Brawler is DEFINITELY too low. Worst in the game? lolno bro

I don't think there's an E or F tier in this game. The balance isn't that distended, man.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I've heard of Raziek. He's fought @shrooby (the Dedede bae <3) a few times before which is cool.
He also wrote the book on Robin, mains Robin, Mods the Robin boards and took a game off of ZeRo at Big House 5 earlier this year. He's probably forgotten more of Smash than most of us know.

Top Bottom