• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
So...

Anybody want to talk about the fact that a new Street Fighter V character was revealed?

F.A.N.G. is wonderful.

Haters gonna hate~
He looks pretty rad, but like my issue with SFV is that I'm gonna have to find a new character to main until they release Balrog/Release Elena/Sagat as DLC

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Anyways, Mikleo is my favorite to play once he got more moves. I still played Sorey a decent amount though since he has more variety in the weaknesses he can hit and I occasionally played Edna. She has some really nice spells right off the bat, especially with air pressure.
Mikleo's my sister's favorite to play as actually. I like to play as mostly Lailah and Edna, though there's nobody who I'm like "ew why would I wanna play as you". But I kinda wish that Edna didn't have those trigger artes (and that you could run around on the fields and towns as someone other than Sorey), but whatever.
I have too much Edna in me... I keep having to think "Who is Mikleo?" and then I go "Oh yeah, Meebo."

You don't know what a Meebo is? You must do the Normincorana as penance.

Also, was I the only one who thought of amiibo during that skit?

Also, I found this song:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I have too much Edna in me... I keep having to think "Who is Mikleo?" and then I go "Oh yeah, Meebo."

Also, I found this song:
That's the last song that plays during the Tiamat fight right? I honestly preferred the regular dragon theme that played before, Existence to be Feared. Easily one of my favorite tracks in the game.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Here everyone is talking about waiting til Christmas to play Xenoblade, and I'm saying the same thing... Except that you guys are waiting for XCX, while I'm waiting for XC3D. :p

Still never played Street Fighter... Ironically, it was just last weekend I learned that Ryu could cancel his focus attack...

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight Do you still wanna fight? I'm free right now.
Still not really feelin' it. :/ I can't really think straight atm, much less perform well in a Smash match. Sorry to disappoint. Can't say I'm not disappointed, too.

I sure did pick a good time to get sick. *sarcasm* :p

I doubt I'll feel better tomorrow, and during the week probably isn't a good time for either of us. I guess it'll be a while before we can play. I'll tag you as soon as I'm feeling better.

Nah

Smash Champion

Also, I found this song:
That's the last song that plays during the Tiamat fight right? I honestly preferred the regular dragon theme that played before, Existence to be Feared. Easily one of my favorite tracks in the game.

We call him Meebo all the time too lol. Though I don't remember if amiibos popped into my head during that skit.

I like both Rising Up and Existence to be Feared a lot......funnily enough I was actually listening to Existence to be Feared when I was reading this thread. Know what's another good one though?

there's still no extended version on Youtube though :c

The music for all 4 elemental trial temples are hella good too.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
We call him Meebo all the time too lol. Though I don't remember if amiibos popped into my head during that skit.

I like both Rising Up and Existence to be Feared a lot......funnily enough I was actually listening to Existence to be Feared when I was reading this thread. Know what's another good one though?

there's still no extended version on Youtube though :c

The music for all 4 elemental trial temples are hella good too.
Colliseum type of music in Tales tend to be pretty drab unless you count cameo battles that take place there. So I was very pleasantly surprised by Aim for the Top of the Crucible. Love that track too. And I agree, the music for the elemental trials are soooo good. I got chills from the piano playing in the Water dungeon. The music overall in Zestiria is just very good.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Anyone wanna play some Smash?

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I am honestly pretty jealous. XD I preordered the game long before the special edition was a thing...
Ah. It's cool. I've been enjoying looking through the artbook! Though, the usb a bit of a let down...especially since the thing capacity is only 888mb, but it's still a cool piece of XCX merchandise nonetheless.
At least I can get rid of the drm and put normal XCX wav files on it or whatever.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210

This track really reminds me of Legandia's OST. Not that i'm complaining, I loved that soundtrack.

As far as favorite Zestiria tracks go, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOOVE Zavied's theme.
(possible spoilers for those how are in the midst of or are wanting to play the game)
This was probably one of my favorite boss fights too.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Query: Has anyone here ever played Knights of the Old Republic I or II?

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Thanks for all the intros guys. Quite surprised at all the notifications lmao! It's funny how I notice the amount of RPG fans in people who also main Robin. Must be a correlation there :p

Also from skimming the messages I'll say I'm also a massive FF7 fan and looking forward to the remake. Gameplay looks a lot like FF15 which I'm indifferent about (kinda would of preferred turn based but difference can be good or bad depending on execution). Loving the look of the new SF5 character too.

Also I had no idea that Ni No Kuni 2 was a thing until I saw here! Looks amazing!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I find it kinda funny (and very refreshing) that people here have been positive about F.A.N.G.'s design.

The reaction in the Street Fighter fanbase has been...more divisive.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
This track really reminds me of Legandia's OST. Not that i'm complaining, I loved that soundtrack.
That's because it's the same composer, Go Shiina. Go Shiina did about a third or fourth of Zestiria's ost, including the Zaveid theme (which indeed is a great track), the dragon theme, Alisha's theme, the elemental dungeons' themes, and a few others. I haven't really played much of Legendia but Zestiria made me a fan of Go Shiina's style. Would love to see more from him in the future.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
He looks stupid as hell.
I love him. The reason is so stupid but

Waluigi didn't make it into Smash 4 so he got into SF5 instead ROFL.

LOOK AT HIM THAT'S DEF WALUIGI, he just shaved his stache, grew a soul patch, and is using shades to hide his blue eye-liner. This is what happens when you turn men down Sakurai, unemployment is rough.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

LOOK AT HIM THAT'S DEF WALUIGI, he just shaved his stache, grew a soul patch, and is using shades to hide his blue eye-liner. This is what happens when you turn men down Sakurai, unemployment is rough.
I could see it being Street Fighter Waluigi honestly. lol

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hate him, wanted Sagat or Poison(Sean has 2-3 chances left to)
They might still be in the next DLC character release.

Poison would be hype~

I know, right~?

Incidentally, I wrote a poem that I'm honestly very proud of and I want to share it. Anybody want to read it~? :3

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent

Poison would be hype~

I know, right~?

Incidentally, I wrote a poem that I'm honestly very proud of and I want to share it. Anybody want to read it~? :3
I'd love to! I'm an English major as are you, so we should share our fantastic works!

I might post an essa-nah...go ahead and post your poem, regardless!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd love to! I'm an English major as are you, so we should share our fantastic works!

I might post an essa-nah...go ahead and post your poem, regardless!
Great stuff~

I'll PM it to you, since the subject matter is a bit grim and I dunno if it'd upset people lol

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP

Poison would be hype~

I know, right~?

I wouldn't mind. It's been a while since I read your last work.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The only characters from Street Fighter I ever played were Ryu and Cammy so they'll always show up if I ever have the unlikeliness of wishing to play the games.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
The only characters from Street Fighter I ever played were Ryu and Cammy so they'll always show up if I ever have the unlikeliness of wishing to play the games.
You're never gonna have to worry about your favs not showing up then LOL.

I'm hype though, I knew Guile was coming but official confirmation? Hell yes.
Can't wait for them to remix this.

(Yes for those wondering, I play Guile and have plans to go in on Nash and Urien in SF5 as well. Guile's just my squeeze in Super Turbo and this game has shades of ST so I'm excited)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Poison would be hype~

I know, right~?

But that's it, I don't want them as dlc characters(even though I didn't want a PS4 myself, there's others who can satisfy my Street Fighter needs...anyways). I want to see Poison, Sagat and Juri as starter characters/non dlc characters.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I play Sakura in every game she's in (loves me some Alpha 3 and IV), buuuut since that's not happening I'm quite happy to settle for Rashid in V.

Rashid is so great~

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I don't really play Street Fighter but that new character looks really cool. The design and moves look neat. I generally don't play many fighting games competitively though, mostly because I don't have the time to get very good. I like the classic arcade style fighting games a lot though.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Also, you got the special edition, Red? I am honestly pretty jealous. XD I preordered the game long before the special edition was a thing...
Did indeed.

The flash drive kind of...falls apart on me. It's a concern. But the art book is nice.

Okay, this is one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed!
Whoa. Interesting.

The Rift bit at the end was the icing on the cake. I'd like to give that a shot once.

So...

Anybody want to talk about the fact that a new Street Fighter V character was revealed?

F.A.N.G. is wonderful.

Haters gonna hate~
First thing I thought watching him fight?

Reminded me of someone.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
That's because it's the same composer, Go Shiina. Go Shiina did about a third or fourth of Zestiria's ost, including the Zaveid theme (which indeed is a great track), the dragon theme, Alisha's theme, the elemental dungeons' themes, and a few others. I haven't really played much of Legendia but Zestiria made me a fan of Go Shiina's style. Would love to see more from him in the future.
OMG, Legendia is really good (slight bias because first Tales Of game) But seriously, it's not BAD it's just really considered the black sheep of the series. Some of the characters are annoying though, or uninteresting.

Also, I'd like to point out that GameXplain took the time to make this LMFAO

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
OMG, Legendia is really good (slight bias because first Tales Of game) But seriously, it's not BAD it's just really considered the black sheep of the series. Some of the characters are annoying though, or uninteresting.

Legendia was pretty ugly. Ironically thouh it's the second of 2 Tales games I actually finished.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212

wtf, why do you even need to compare them in terms of graphics?

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Legendia was pretty ugly. Ironically thouh it's the second of 2 Tales games I actually finished.
Tales of Graces is my favourite tales of game btw. Because combat system is still solid and my favourite out of all Tales games tbh.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Tales of Graces is my favourite tales of game btw. Because combat system is still solid and my favourite out of all Tales games tbh.
Heads up, you don't want to double-post. Use the edit button if you want to add in something else. :3

If you double-post by mistake, just edit the most recent post to say "ignore this" or something, then use the report button to request a mod delete it.

Yeah, I know, it's a silly rule but whaddya gonna do?

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I really loved the combat in Tales of Graces f. It was so fast and flashy, with so many different playstyles. I actually found myself playing Cheria towards the end because of her awesome ranged and stun attacks. Play her as a white mage? Nonsense, I'm going in with her.

The combat of Zestiria, by the way, if you don't already know or played it, is based on Graces f. It's slower in comparison and there are no zany, crazy playstyles like Pascal. But it is a bit more methodical, doesn't have as an many weaknesses in Graces F (the amount was ridiculous imo, haha) and armatization adds an interesting layer to the combat (although it does hinder playing with 3-4 players).

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I really enjoyed the comparison, but that's just because I haven't played the original and it's quite fun to see just how drastically different they are.

Top Bottom