• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

I think with Silent Protagonists (especially this kind), a lot of the character development is left up to you.
What @Delzethin said. I prefer to experience someone else's story rather than project myself onto a PC; I find it easier if I can project myself on a character with a set personality (mostly ones that I can relate to) rather than one who is completely silent. Having a character like this feels kinda... shallow, especially when Shulk is one of my favorite protagonists.

Good to hear man! I haven't played it yet, but... This.

Now to debate if I should just go ahead and play it tomorrow or consider it as a Christmas present.... Probably the former. (I already opened the box, so it's sorta too late now)
I bought the game. Disservice avoided.

I haven't been able to sit down with it though (haven't even gotten the disk out of the case yet). It's just sitting in the corner of my room, taunting me.

Ah well, at least the art book is nice. It'll tide me over until I get a block of time together.
Both of you will definitely enjoy this game! :)

Also, you got the special edition, Red? I am honestly pretty jealous. XD I preordered the game long before the special edition was a thing...

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
There's only two weeks left before The Force Awakens arrives in theaters! My mind has had nothing but Star Wars in it since the past couple of monthes.

And to add to the silent protagonists talk, I don't mind whether the PC speaks or not.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Same. Honestly, I made my character look like Shulk so that it can be like Shulk is there in spirit... even though his lines are out-of-character.
You are almost done. I think that you can beat the game within that time span.
That's actually what I'm planning to do when I get XCX.
I think I can but I am also trying to go for 100% (aside from the achievements)
Ah you're up to some of my favourite moments of the game made even better by the just as good music.
Make sure you get everything done on Mechonis (so Sword Valley, some Fallen Arm stuff that requires you to go to Mechonis, Mechonis Field, Central Factory and Agniratha) before heading to the shrine because ****'s gonna go down
Like REALLY serious ****
Same. I also really enjoy the story of that area and the music there as well.
I have done all of the Mechonis side quests, so I'm all set (Including the Agniritha side quests).
At least all the ones I can do currently.

Edit: I think I have found the Christmas avatar I want to use.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I can't say much about the silent protagonist beyond that... I have no idea what character development the character has.

The character is fully customizable, from changing the gender to changing their hair color. Here is the character customization in X:
Granted, in the American version, the voices are English (obviously) and you can't change the breast size for females.
Males can have Shulk be their voice and females can have Fiora be their voice. However, males and females can have a wide variety of different voices. It's nice that Monolith made it an option for players who loved the first game and grew attached to these characters.
Oh, the character customization looks pretty good, though with a couple of odd points. It gives you a crapload of options for most things.....except hair styles. There was like less than 10 hair styles for each gender and idk I thought there'd be more than that. And then
and you can't change the breast size for females
Not that I'm like "**** YOU LEMME CHANGE THE ***** SIZE ON MY CHARACTERS", it's just I'm not sure why they'd have that in the Japanese version but take it out in the NA version?

They certainly went all out with the colors though. There's literally a zillion subtle different shades of color for hair and skin. Also nice that there's several voice options for the character. In my experience there's only been about 2-5 different voice options for characters.

Personally I'm fine with having a (customizable) "silent" protagonist, but I get why people aren't into it either. I kind of actually prefer it slightly to the set protagonist though. I suppose it's because there's yet to be a character in any game I've played that I can really relate to and all that (though I don't exactly use the silent protag as a self-insert, I'm not into that either) . And my imagination has a lot of fun with it. But the ability to customize the character is probably the more important thing to me.

I gotta wait another 20 days to get Xenoblade Chronicles X though :c Getting it as a Christmas present.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I have done all of the Mechonis side quests, so I'm all set (Including the Agniritha side quests).
At least all the ones I can do currently.
I recommend you be about Level 70-72 for the stuff that'll happen.
Make sure all of Alcamoth is done too.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I spent absolutely ages trying to decide on my character's hair colour. Ended up going with FE lord blue for the hair, and Eirika/Ephraim turquoise for the ends. Bit of a strange mix, but it works for me :p Was a bit disappointed at the lack of hair style options though.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Popping in to say I'm happy I don't have to give out any spam infractions yet.

Keep up the good work people.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
This is essentially the same reason why I haven't been around as much as well. But I will not belabor the point any further since what needed to be said had already been said.

By the way, Chapter Serf Chapter Serf , you said you were in the homestretches of Zestiria earlier? Where you at and do you plan on doing any post-game content?
The last major thing I did was take out the dragon in Glaviend Basin. I managed to then wipe out those #(!@ing medusas, and then got slaughtered trying to take out the guy who killed the kids. I think I'm going to figure out what I need to do to get the Mythril weapons before I go any farther. I think I need like 3 stars at all the city vendors or something like that. That's gonna be a lot of Apple Gels... And I can only carry 15 at a time. But I had so much damn trouble with Maltran and Foxhead, that I want the Mythril weapons going forward. God I hated those fights.
Maltran: let's go completely invulnerable to all damage at random intervals (read: when I have both characters armatized and still have plenty of bonus damage meter left), throw out THREE ****ing combos on a GUARDING character and STILL be able to pull off a fourth combo in that ONE half second that I drop my guard.
Foxhead: Let's be getting the snot beaten out of me for like 10 seconds straight and immediately pull a god damn Mystic Art out of my ass and kill everyone.

Cheating ********.

As for post game stuff? Probably. Gotta watch the Katz vs. Turtlez smackdown after all. =P

But first, Mythril Weapons. I want full sets of Mythril gear on everyone before I even think of doing anything else. I wanted Mythril **** BEFORE to be honest. Something to remember for my next playthrough.

How do I do postgame content since it seems that Soray is planning on turning into a vegetable for the foreseeable future and then some? =P

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I've notice a number of people who aren't around as much as they used to be:
The_Cardinal The_Cardinal , Elezir Elezir , @Sonic Storm, @Delta Fist, @redfeatherraven and @RadiantTactician are just a few that I can think of that don't seem to come around here anymore (or as often) and, while there may be other reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if the sheer quantity of ****posting is contributing to keeping them away.
Actually, I haven't even noticed the ****posting lol

Been busy these days because of college-after-strike, but I still drop in sometimes when I have time.

I also remeber promising you a wallpaper. I'm sorry, chapter. Once I'm free and my editing program is reinstalled I will work on that gg

Btw

Moydow Moydow , I did find some time to finish Investigations 2 finally

I was surprised at who was the mastermind lol
The guy barely appeared in the game and yet there he was, pulling the strings, and I'm not even commenting at how good Simon's acting skills are. I actually had to trial-and-error that answer, too. oO
And to think you go out of your way to prove the guy innocent earlier oO I'm not going to despise him more than Engarde only because you can understand why he is like that, but still.

I also would like to see the Investigation characters more in the Ace Attorney games. Ray, Kay, Lang, Courtney and even Sebastian were characters I liked a lot.

Also, De Killer and Dogen confront was pretty awesome

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
The last major thing I did was take out the dragon in Glaviend Basin. I managed to then wipe out those #(!@ing medusas, and then got slaughtered trying to take out the guy who killed the kids. I think I'm going to figure out what I need to do to get the Mythril weapons before I go any farther. I think I need like 3 stars at all the city vendors or something like that. That's gonna be a lot of Apple Gels... And I can only carry 15 at a time. But I had so much damn trouble with Maltran and Foxhead, that I want the Mythril weapons going forward. God I hated those fights.
Maltran: let's go completely invulnerable to all damage at random intervals (read: when I have both characters armatized and still have plenty of bonus damage meter left), throw out THREE ****ing combos on a GUARDING character and STILL be able to pull off a fourth combo in that ONE half second that I drop my guard.
Foxhead: Let's be getting the snot beaten out of me for like 10 seconds straight and immediately pull a god damn Mystic Art out of my *** and kill everyone.

Cheating ********.

As for post game stuff? Probably. Gotta watch the Katz vs. Turtlez smackdown after all. =P

But first, Mythril Weapons. I want full sets of Mythril gear on everyone before I even think of doing anything else. I wanted Mythril **** BEFORE to be honest. Something to remember for my next playthrough.

How do I do postgame content since it seems that Soray is planning on turning into a vegetable for the foreseeable future and then some? =P
Ah, yes you are towards the end then. You don't really need Mythril weapons. I never used them. In fact, you do get some nice equipment in the last dungeon. I do suggest you take down some side bosses though and get some of the 2nd mystic artes for your party.

Yeah, Maltran can be a challenge, especially since Alisha kinda hinders the team with the inability to armatize (though she's an amazing tank in her dlc episode). In regards to post-game, the game just takes you back in front of the last boss so storywise the ending technically hasn't occurred yet. In terms of story, the true epilogue is the Alisha dlc.

Edit: Also, that new FF7 Remake trailer! With gameplay!

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Hey :) I've been maining Robin for a while now. Just came to introduce myself as I just signed up for the smashboards. I'm hoping to learn more with the character through this group. I need to practice confirming kills with 'checkmate' more.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Hey :) I've been maining Robin for a while now. Just came to introduce myself as I just signed up for the smashboards. I'm hoping to learn more with the character through this group. I need to practice confirming kills with 'checkmate' more.
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here. People are pretty nice here and I'm sure they'll be willing to help.

We also have a Robin only tournament coming up actually. Might be a good way to learn from your peers. You can check it out on the other parts of the Robin boards.

Last edited:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here. People are pretty nice here and I'm sure they'll be willing to help.

We also have a Robin only tournament coming up actually. Might be a good way to learn from your peers. You can check it out on the other parts of the Robin boards.
Ah really? I'll see if I can find it. If it's in the next couple weeks I should have my own setup back home ready. I only got proper into smash this month since coming uni, met a lot of competitive players and have been learning from a good friend now who's a MK main (but can use anyone quite well) and has won tons of tournaments. I've gotten better really quickly thanks to him actually. Thanks for the fast reply btw! :)

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Welcome to the Robin social thread! Hope you enjoy your stay here ^^ I see you use to main Link in melee so you already have a plus in my book :bee:

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Welcome dear.:cheep:

You'll find a lot of tutorials around, and you can always ask us directly about something if you wish, so don't be shy:happysheep:

Also

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Welcome to the Robin social thread! Hope you enjoy your stay here ^^ I see you use to main Link in melee so you already have a plus in my book :bee:
Lmao I say 'main' but I was really **** with him. To be honest I love Link in all the Smash games. I've seen some amazingly crazy setups with him in Smash 4 too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5K4AFlcYDc <--- check that link out for one of my favourite Link players.

Welcome dear.:cheep:

You'll find a lot of tutorials around, and you can always ask us directly about something if you wish, so don't be shy:happysheep:

Also

Thanks so much for the kind welcomes :) I believe I need to work more on Smash fundamentals than specific Robin things at the moment. Trying to work on tech jumping mostly at the moment but if something comes up I'll either ask or make a forum post about it if it's not been asked before (if I'm allowed to do that of course!).

Also love the Simpsons meme xD

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Hello and welcome to the greatest thread on Smash boards! We all hope you will enjoy your stay!

As you can see, we main a variety of characters around here, and just about everyone is willing to play online matches, so you can get a lot of different character match up experience as well. :grin:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Lmao I say 'main' but I was really **** with him. To be honest I love Link in all the Smash games. I've seen some amazingly crazy setups with him in Smash 4 too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5K4AFlcYDc <--- check that link out for one of my favourite Link players.
Ah KirinBlaze. I've been watching him since the Brawl era and enjoy his Link play style as well. Hyrule Hero would have to be my favorite Link player at the moment.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There's only two weeks left before The Force Awakens arrives in theaters! My mind has had nothing but Star Wars in it since the past couple of monthes.

And to add to the silent protagonists talk, I don't mind whether the PC speaks or not.
Star Wars=The True Meaning of Christmas for all the nerds, freaks, and geeks in the world...except Micheal Bay

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If only you could marry more than one person in Fire Emblem. There's too many cute girls! D:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Ah, yes you are towards the end then. You don't really need Mythril weapons. I never used them. In fact, you do get some nice equipment in the last dungeon. I do suggest you take down some side bosses though and get some of the 2nd mystic artes for your party.

Yeah, Maltran can be a challenge, especially since Alisha kinda hinders the team with the inability to armatize (though she's an amazing tank in her dlc episode). In regards to post-game, the game just takes you back in front of the last boss so storywise the ending technically hasn't occurred yet. In terms of story, the true epilogue is the Alisha dlc.

Indeed. Alisha's inability to Armatize was a killer. I had to reload the first time and buy 15 life bottles just as insurance. At the same time, I could have remembered that she's temporary so if she was eating dirt at the end of the fight, it wouldn't have made a difference in terms of XP. Still though, I take pride in the fact that I'm level 61 and everyone has the exact same EXP. And she's actually not that bad of a tank. I managed to get Maltran focused on her, and while I had a defensive strat running (told everyone to take defense), she was holding out pretty well. I think Zavied was doing the healing on her. I was ******** around with an armatized Sorey.

Oh yeah, don't ask how much grade I got on those three fights (Foxhead, Maltran and Tiamat). Just don't.

I actually can't get the Alisha DLC for some reason. I look on steam and I see it there, but I can't buy it. Maybe it was pulled while they fix it, since apparently there are some issues importing stuff from the DLC into the main game... Regardless of that issue, I still want to play the Alisha DLC.

In other news, which character is your favorite to control?

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
YO THAT TRAILER IS LOOKING HYPE I'M SO EXCITED
I'm really curious to see how they're going to do the boss battles that are pretty big, or couldn't hit with normal attack
examples being the series of fights with Barret, Aeris and Red on the elevator in Shinra headquarters or the boss as the beach whiile saving that little girl (i don't remember the name of it)
Honestly, I'm excited to see how they do most of the bosses, since a lot of them have this little quirk that make them speical and will be interesting to see in a real time battle system

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Indeed. Alisha's inability to Armatize was a killer. I had to reload the first time and buy 15 life bottles just as insurance. At the same time, I could have remembered that she's temporary so if she was eating dirt at the end of the fight, it wouldn't have made a difference in terms of XP. Still though, I take pride in the fact that I'm level 61 and everyone has the exact same EXP. And she's actually not that bad of a tank. I managed to get Maltran focused on her, and while I had a defensive strat running (told everyone to take defense), she was holding out pretty well. I think Zavied was doing the healing on her. I was ******** around with an armatized Sorey.

Oh yeah, don't ask how much grade I got on those three fights (Foxhead, Maltran and Tiamat). Just don't.

I actually can't get the Alisha DLC for some reason. I look on steam and I see it there, but I can't buy it. Maybe it was pulled while they fix it, since apparently there are some issues importing stuff from the DLC into the main game... Regardless of that issue, I still want to play the Alisha DLC.

In other news, which character is your favorite to control?
Huh, haven't heard about that issue for the PC version. Anyways, Mikleo is my favorite to play once he got more moves. I still played Sorey a decent amount though since he has more variety in the weaknesses he can hit and I occasionally played Edna. She has some really nice spells right off the bat, especially with air pressure.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Fellow tacticians, you know how Awakening and Fates had popularity polls with their characters? I know some of the older games had these too, and I was wondering if Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn had anything of the sort, my results only got me to some fan made ones on sites like the fewiki or serenes forest so...if anyone has something more official, I'd be grateful for it.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Huh, haven't heard about that issue for the PC version. Anyways, Mikleo is my favorite to play once he got more moves. I still played Sorey a decent amount though since he has more variety in the weaknesses he can hit and I occasionally played Edna. She has some really nice spells right off the bat, especially with air pressure.
I prefer Rose actually. I prefer her faster, more twitchy style of play. And you are right, Edna is a good right off the bat. Also, can Rose armatize in the Alisha DLC? I see that she's around in Screenshots. I'm just curious if Rose can still do that.

The jury's still out on if I preferred Dezel or Zavied in the party. Yes, yes, I know statistically they're identical, but it comes down to the barks in battle. I kinda miss Dezel's "BURN!!" "SCUMBAG!" "DIE!", but Zavied's are pretty good. Especially when he starts hitting on the women. What about you?

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
But the question is can you pass initiation?!

You probably will, so welcome to the threads!

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Fellow tacticians, you know how Awakening and Fates had popularity polls with their characters? I know some of the older games had these too, and I was wondering if Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn had anything of the sort, my results only got me to some fan made ones on sites like the fewiki or serenes forest so...if anyone has something more official, I'd be grateful for it.
To my knowledge, they didn't start doing the popularity polls until Awakening's time.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Ni No Kuni 2 got announced at PSX.
Literally the only decent thing aside from FF7Remake and Ratchet.

Nah

Smash Champion
Ah KirinBlaze. I've been watching him since the Brawl era and enjoy his Link play style as well. Hyrule Hero would have to be my favorite Link player at the moment.
:laugh: he's wearing a Link cosplay while doing the match and the other guy's name is Neighbor

i'm sorry I just find that funny for some reason

Anyways, Mikleo is my favorite to play once he got more moves. I still played Sorey a decent amount though since he has more variety in the weaknesses he can hit and I occasionally played Edna. She has some really nice spells right off the bat, especially with air pressure.
Mikleo's my sister's favorite to play as actually. I like to play as mostly Lailah and Edna, though there's nobody who I'm like "ew why would I wanna play as you". But I kinda wish that Edna didn't have those trigger artes (and that you could run around on the fields and towns as someone other than Sorey), but whatever.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
:laugh: he's wearing a Link cosplay while doing the match and the other guy's name is Neighbor

i'm sorry I just find that funny for some reason

Mikleo's my sister's favorite to play as actually. I like to play as mostly Lailah and Edna, though there's nobody who I'm like "ew why would I wanna play as you". But I kinda wish that Edna didn't have those trigger artes (and that you could run around on the fields and towns as someone other than Sorey), but whatever.
Yeah, I feel they did a good job making every party member at least somewhat enjoyable to play this time around, especially the seraphs.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So...

Anybody want to talk about the fact that a new Street Fighter V character was revealed?

F.A.N.G. is wonderful.

Haters gonna hate~
His height... stretched limbs... purple outfit... unorthodox, confusing Chinese martial arts... Is he Capcom's version of Duo Lon? Definitely not as bishie, though... DO NOT. Question the foot. :p

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Forgot to say this, but hello, and welcome! Hope you enjoy it here and stick around! [:
So...

Anybody want to talk about the fact that a new Street Fighter V character was revealed?

F.A.N.G. is wonderful.

Haters gonna hate~
I have a very strong feeling there are going to be many memes that surround him.
The trailer also reminded me how much I love Ken's new design. It's super yummy <3

Last edited:
Top Bottom