• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
And thank you for the complement! I actually got called a spammer by a Robin player the other day even though I was using my sword the entire time because thats how bad she was (she literally spammed all her spells till she ran out and wondered why I was getting free hits).
You only know the Robin matchup cause of me. You welcome.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
What. 7 meters? There's no way that's only 7 meters, it has to be longer than that.
Well it's technically 22.9 feet making it 6.97 meters but it's 7 meters good enough for them. I find it much more bizarre it sold out in under an hour.

Nah

Smash Champion
And thank you for the complement! I actually got called a spammer by a Robin player the other day even though I was using my sword the entire time because thats how bad she was (she literally spammed all her spells till she ran out and wondered why I was getting free hits).
Really if you so much as use a projectile more than once on FG someone is bound to call you a spammer/camper. People have called me those before on FG.....even though I don't think that I really spam or camp

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Someone said Zelda sucks, and then Robin sucks, which lead to alot of...harsh language. Thinking about it now, I'm no longer sure if it was on this social board, or somewhere else. If there wasn't so many pages on both sides, I'd look for it.
OH RIGHT! I remember that now. Somebody brought up an (honestly pretty bad) tier list that put Robin in the bottom 10 or thereabouts. One of the gorls agreed with that assessment, and it lead to a big discussion of tier placement for Robin. I wouldn't say the language was "harsh," just a very passionate discussion. VERY passionate.
I find it much more bizarre it sold out in under an hour.
Then clearly you have underestimated Miia's powers!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
OH RIGHT! I remember that now. Somebody brought up an (honestly pretty bad) tier list that put Robin in the bottom 10 or thereabouts. One of the gorls agreed with that assessment, and it lead to a big discussion of tier placement for Robin. I wouldn't say the language was "harsh," just a very passionate discussion. VERY passionate.

Then clearly you have underestimated Miia's powers!

We must've seen 2 different ones then, but close enough

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So apparently the Morton player I mention earlier apparently just took DSS to game five and got 7th place if anyone is interested.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I tried to play as Toon Link once just for giggles.

Never again.

The mechanics and physics of Link do not transition to Toon Link nicely (IMO).
I with you. I mean, it was good in Brawl, but now they've done something to him and he just feels.......weird.

I want Young Link back.

Look what I found.

Is anyone here feeling it?
Where did you find that?

Toon Link is just Young Link as a cartoon character.

Hence the name, TOON Link!
GET THE **** OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:135:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Been trying out Mega Man and Greninja the past week, and they're just fun to use. I like 'em. Gotta get used to Greninja's speed though
I feel like a supervillain right now

This is the second time I've foiled someone's plan to prank another person by gifting premium to the intended victim beforehand
Don't think I've forgotten about that missy >:L
I tried to play as Toon Link once just for giggles.

Never again.

The mechanics and physics of Link do not transition to Toon Link nicely (IMO).
Same goes for me. I tried Link once, couldn't do it. Toon Link feels much better to me. Link feels a lot more stiff than Toon Link, plus they're play style differs just enough to where I can't do as well with Link than I do Toon Link.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Toon Link in Sm4sh in my opinion didn't transition well from Brawl Toon Link because the game is a lot less floatier. That's why he feels meh to me now.
Also Link isn't wearing iron boots anymore.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Don't get mad, get GLAD!

Also, everyone viewing this thread is part of the Premium Master Race!
First off, your image is broken

Secondly, no, I will get mad if you are going to throw out stupid statements like that. hmph.

Toon Link in Sm4sh in my opinion didn't transition well from Brawl Toon Link because the game is a lot less floatier. That's why he feels meh to me now.
Also Link isn't wearing iron boots anymore.
I believe I read somewhere that they actually made him more floaty yet he weighs more. In the end, it just doesn't work.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Easy there, that's Zantetsugun Zantetsugun 's waifu and future user avatar you're talking about.

Yep.
Been trying out Mega Man and Greninja the past week, and they're just fun to use. I like 'em. Gotta get used to Greninja's speed though
Been trying out Mega Man and Greninja
Yes. YES! YES!!!

Join the Frog Side, and become a Waterbending master!

Consider my jimmies rustled!

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
oh yeah,
Kotor Kotor seeing your avatar reminded me of the fact I'm starting to consider Ophelia as best girl in Fates.

(Matoi has a terrible dad and I am mad)

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
oh yeah,
Kotor Kotor seeing your avatar reminded me of the fact I'm starting to consider Ophelia as best girl in Fates.

(Matoi has a terrible dad and I am mad)
Some times I just forget that characters name. All I really know about her is she's Odin's daughter(Or Owain's daughter)
Who is her dad by the way?
Edit: nvm found it on FE wiki

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Some times I just forget that characters name. All I really know about her is she's Odin's daughter(Or Owain's daughter)
Who is her dad by the way?
Edit: nvm found it on FE wiki
Yes. Mandelia.

Okay, sure his real name is Subaki, but he's an expy of Cordelia so he's Mandelia.
Well, it's either her, or Kinu.
M-maybe both...
Kinu can be best Hoshido girl.

Ophelia on the other hand, takes the title of Overall Best Fates Girl

D

Deleted member

I've been screwing around with :4falco: and :4morton: (again) recently, :4greninja: is one of those characters with whom I've been meaning to toy yet have always felt sort of "off" in execution.

I'm truly waiting impatiently for :4cloud:though.

Also praying for K. Rool because I invariably adore playing as the heavyweight/super heavyweight characters.

Give K. Rool traps or space control setups and I will immediately pick him up (if he's coming) because :4link:'s bomb setups and Z-drop//catch tricksies are actually 90% of the reason why he is my boy.

/tangent.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why is the an anime where a brother brushes his sister's teeth, and she loved it...a bit to much? WatchMojo, y would u do this 2 mii?

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Yes. Mandelia.

Okay, sure his real name is Subaki, but he's an expy of Cordelia so he's Mandelia.

Kinu can be best Hoshido girl.

Ophelia on the other hand, takes the title of Overall Best Fates Girl
*looks at the picture*
*tries not the cry*
*rolls and gets punished*
*cries a lot*
CURSE YOU MANDELIA

Also, best Fates girl title will be reserved until I-- *ahem* Kamui "bonds fates" with them..

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Yes. Mandelia.

So basically Severa's daughter can be her own mother.
I think I might do that in Fates.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I've been screwing around with :4falco: and :4morton: (again) recently, :4greninja: is one of those characters with whom I've been meaning to toy yet have always felt sort of "off" in execution.

I'm truly waiting impatiently for :4cloud:though.

Also praying for K. Rool because I invariably adore playing as the heavyweight/super heavyweight characters.

Give K. Rool traps or space control setups and I will immediately pick him up (if he's coming) because :4link:'s bomb setups and Z-drop//catch tricksies are actually 90% of the reason why he is my boy.

/tangent.
I've been using :4charizard: and :4kirby: recent and they are pretty fun actually!

Really? The image is perfectly fine for me.

Oh well.
What was it anyway?

Well that explains it.
Sm4sh is less floaty and he's floatier.
Noooooooooooooo
RIP Toon Gay Link

Top Bottom