• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
That moment you realize there's only 8 pages left to read in a textbook. I love the end-of-semester season.

I wonder if I'll be able to go to this month's monthly next Sunday... I have a take-home Calc II test potentially in the way... Maybe I can avenge myself against the Yoshi and the Sheik players. If I beat the reigning champ, I am so tempted to prank him on here. >: D

Still, I'm only using a 3DS controller since I have to Wii U to practice on. (GCN for 3DS controller mod when?)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sorry that you didn't make it on stream, but congratulations nonetheless!

Considering it seems like the 2 socials hate eachother, yeah...unless y'all like eachother now that is. So, relevant

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Considering it seems like the 2 socials hate eachother, yeah...unless y'all like eachother now that is. So, relevant
What on Earth led you to that conclusion? The Robin and Zelda socials have always had a mutual respect and friendship for being two of the most active socials. Why else do you think there is so much overlap between members of both socials?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What on Earth led you to that conclusion? The Robin and Zelda socials have always had a mutual respect and friendship for being two of the most active socials. Why else do you think there is so much overlap between members of both socials?
I remember comments some time ago that had people talk **** about the Zelda boards(not sure about vice versa). There were alot of problems and other usual feuding things like that. Wasn't sure(or bothered to ask until today)if it ended.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
That moment you realize there's only 8 pages left to read in a textbook. I love the end-of-semester season.

I wonder if I'll be able to go to this month's monthly next Sunday... I have a take-home Calc II test potentially in the way... Maybe I can avenge myself against the Yoshi and the Sheik players. If I beat the reigning champ, I am so tempted to prank him on here. >: D

Still, I'm only using a 3DS controller since I have to Wii U to practice on. (GCN for 3DS controller mod when?)
There's modded 3dses that exist that allow for GCN play, dunno how much it costs tho

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Rinku リンク Rinku リンク GG! Okay, either it's one of my bad days or... something, I dunno. Normally I don't play that poorly. Anyway, I had fun. That Link though... geez...

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I remember comments some time ago that had people talk **** about the Zelda boards(not sure about vice versa). There were alot of problems and other usual feuding things like that. Wasn't sure(or bothered to ask until today)if it ended.
I don't recall anything of the sort happening recently at all. I know in the past the Zelda Gorls have come in for a friendly raid, and I know some people have overreacted to such occasions, but I've never seen "alot of problems" or outright "feuding" between the socials. What we have is much more of a friendly rivalry. Are you sure you aren't thinking of a different social?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, question. How hot (in degrees Celsius) would you say hot is for you? Also, same question, but cold instead?

Classic was the mode I used when I first played Lunatic. So if you want, you can go Lunatic Classic to see how hard Lunatic is and experience permadeath at the same time. Its like killing two birds with one stone! :p

For seriously, Lunatic will only be difficult for the first 5 chapters if you have the grinding DLC like Golden Gaffe and EXPonential Growth but if you don't have the DLC then the entire Lunatic mode will give you a bad time. So I recommend Lunatic Casual if you don't have any of the Grinding DLC. I dunno about your experience about Awakening's Hard mode but I personally think Hard mode is pretty easy so doing a Hard Classic playthrough would be similar to playing a Hard casual just with the constant threat of your units dying if you're careless.

TL;DR: You want to play a harder mode without resetting a lot? Go Lunatic Casual. You want to get used to permadeath? Hard or Normal Classic is a decent option. You want to unleash your inner masochistic side that you thought you never had before? Lunatic Classic or Lunatic+ Classic is the way to go.
Hm, personal, Hard's difficultly varied a lot for me. Sometimes my units just kept dying then sometimes it was easy as pie. Though I guess it was easy cause I did a lot of EXPonential grinding.

hm............
I'd suggest going Hard, then trying out Lunatic Casual. Lunatic's difficult in general unless you know what you're doing in either mode, so getting a feel for Hard first is important since Lunatic's basically just hard with better enemy stats.
In nogrind, Lunatic's more of a rollercoaster than anything. It's difficult in the first few chapters, but then gets easier until Ch11 and spikes at around Ch16. It then sinks again until Ch24/25, because screw those maps.
(Also, grinding in Lunatic kind of ruins the point of the mode, unless you restrict it a lot. You might as well just do Hard at that point, maybe with a special restriction or two).
Hm........

Okay then. It's decided.

I am going to do Hard Classic mode. I will use the DLC but try to retrict to if the maps are start to get to hard and that I need to level up my characters/need money. Other wise I will use mostly the spotpast teams.

Thanks for your opinions guys. Really helped!

:135:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
mfw people talk about Link instead of Toon link

Cloud in Smash Brothers uses both his FFVII (with Buster Sword) and AC (with fully combined Fusion Swords) outfits. As far as I know, there's no Kingdom Hearts or other characters from the FFVII Compilation outfits.

As for his color swaps, I don't think anyone knows those yet.
I meant it more so instead of color swags, there's alternate outfits. VERY wishful thinking, I know, but it would be nice. I'd be very surprised if I didn't see color swaps representing Sephiroth, Zack and his KH appearance which is basically Vincent anyway.

D

Deleted member

mfw people talk about Link instead of Toon link

I meant it more so instead of color swags, there's alternate outfits. VERY wishful thinking, I know, but it would be nice. I'd be very surprised if I didn't see color swaps representing Sephiroth, Zack and his KH appearance which is basically Vincent anyway.
I tried to play as Toon Link once just for giggles.

Never again.

The mechanics and physics of Link do not transition to Toon Link nicely (IMO).

Last edited by a moderator:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Toon Link is just Young Link as a cartoon character.

Hence the name, TOON Link!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't recall anything of the sort happening recently at all. I know in the past the Zelda Gorls have come in for a friendly raid, and I know some people have overreacted to such occasions, but I've never seen "alot of problems" or outright "feuding" between the socials. What we have is much more of a friendly rivalry. Are you sure you aren't thinking of a different social?
Nah I'm sure, it was a little bit after @smokebomb12 was banned and Ryu was confirmed for Smash.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
You wanna take a swing at him? Go right ahead.
Funny, I didnt see you spamming the projectiles.
I usually play an adaptive Link. I play the projectile game and approach when the opportunities arise. Makes it more difficult to deal with it in my opinion.

I will when I'm home at the end of the semester.

The real question though is Rinku リンク Rinku リンク

Do you or do you not bombslide?

Bombsliding is the futuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
I used to in Brawl all the time but now that the controls for it are different I don't really anymore. It's a super useful AT I agree but I'm just too lazy to switch my C-stick to the A-stick.

D

Deleted member

I usually play an adaptive Link. I play the projectile game and approach when the opportunities arise. Makes it more difficult to deal with it in my opinion.

I used to in Brawl all the time but now that the controls for it are different I don't really anymore. It's a super useful AT I agree but I'm just too lazy to switch my C-stick to the A-stick.
I use the A+B method myself which IMO is the simplest to perform all of the bombslide variants.

I just slip and slide all over the place.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Are you sure you aren't thinking of a different social?
Is he thinking of this social?
upload_2015-11-22_17-46-5.png

(Probably not though since he's not premium. And I dought this is it even if there is a social that has a war with this thread)

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Ran into a pretty good Robin on 3DS FG by the name of Beatz(music note).

Any of you here know/are the guy? GGs, if it was anyone.

Used some good strategies for Robin, was well aware of the DThrow combos.

Otherwise, kinda meh day on FG. I did manage to virtually pwn some players, but others kept getting the edge on me last minute. Lag didn't help much tho.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Nah I'm sure, it was a little bit after @smokebomb12 was banned and Ryu was confirmed for Smash.
Still not ringing any bells. What exactly was it that happened? Because I honestly don't recall any feuds around that time.
Is he thinking of this social?
View attachment 84255
(Probably not though since he's not premium. And I dought this is it even if there is a social that has a war with this thread)
If it is a different social he's thinking of, then I'd guess it would be the Link social. We've had some.... "interesting" situations with them in the past.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

I would play this. I would play this a lot since I love all the cartoon characters who are representing the characters I play in Smash.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
If it is a different social he's thinking of, then I'd guess it would be the Link social. We've had some.... "interesting" situations with them in the past.
Oh yeah. I remember that(I don't beleive I was active during that time though).

Nah

Smash Champion
A 7 meter dakimakura of Miia,
What. 7 meters? There's no way that's only 7 meters, it has to be longer than that.

ANYWAYS hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii people.
eeeeeeeeeey nice to see you again :)

Kinda wanna play you again sometime (on Wii U)

also it took me a minute to get that OSU=Ohio State University, but that's what alcohol can do to you

"Tsunstairs".
Tsunstaire?

idk

I have just got back from KotN4. Here is basically how it went.

I got there an hour early so I could play some friendlies. After friendlies top 64 had started and I played against a :4morton: player called Mito. I went Robin game 1. I got kinda rekt game 1. I switched to :4falcon: game 2 and I was close to bringing it back. Until I SD'd :(.
After that I played my losers match against a Pikachu player called OJOE. Game 1 I played Shulk and I lost. Game 2 I switched to Marth and lost that as well. And that was it.(Maybe I need more Pikachu experience) Overall I did pretty well by making it out of pools. After that I just played friendlies.
Sadly I didn't make it on stream or any of the first few rounds of top 64.
I'm pretty glad of how I did and I defiantly want to attend tournaments again.
gj on making it out of pools. Honestly I doubt I'd be able to make it out of pools m'self.

Really I should probably start looking for a local to go to sometime though.....

Suddenly I am interested in this conversation.
Admittedly I'm curious to see Link dittos between you two

I'm nothing out of the norm though honestly lol. I'm still like every other Link player.
I wouldn't say that you're exactly like every other Link player. You're better thn many of the FG links I've seen at least.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato

I wouldn't say that you're exactly like every other Link player. You're better thn many of the FG links I've seen at least.
Rinku リンク Rinku リンク beats me up daily with his Link. I mean, I have days where I kick his ass but those are really rare.

Also, if you want a FG Link, that'd be me.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
I feel like a supervillain right now

This is the second time I've foiled someone's plan to prank another person by gifting premium to the intended victim beforehand

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Look what I found.

Is anyone here feeling it?

I wouldn't say that you're exactly like every other Link player. You're better than many of the FG links I've seen at least.
Every Link mirror ends up being like this:
And thank you for the complement! I actually got called a spammer by a Robin player the other day even though I was using my sword the entire time because thats how bad she was (she literally spammed all her spells till she ran out and wondered why I was getting free hits).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Still not ringing any bells. What exactly was it that happened? Because I honestly don't recall any feuds around that time.

Someone said Zelda sucks, and then Robin sucks, which lead to alot of...harsh language. Thinking about it now, I'm no longer sure if it was on this social board, or somewhere else. If there wasn't so many pages on both sides, I'd look for it.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Only one thing is inconsistent about Linkle... How do you reload a crossbow when your other hand is carrying another crossbow? It'd be awful hard and slow.... -_- I know this, I've tried loading a small irl crossbow, and those suckers are super-tense.

Top Bottom