• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
It feels good to be among such excellent and admirable tacticians once again.

It's also been a while since I've crossed blades with a tactician... does anybody feel like they could

FIYT MEH :4metaknight: ?

UPDATE: Guess not... heheh. :denzel:

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Nah that last game was getting pretty laggy. I don't think there was a single actual kill that whole match! Just SD's and gentlemen SD's! Shulk's range is quite scary for us frogs that's for sure. Your Monado Arts play was very nice too.

Thanks, I do always try to mix up my ledge get ups, though I agree that I very rarely go for ledge rolling. No need to apologize for the spikes, you pulled them off really well. Except for the one time you went just a little too deep. :awesome:

Your Robin was quite good, but I think your tome/sword item play could use a little more work. Although I was trying to pressure you whenever you used one up, I noticed you miss a few opportunities when you could have grabbed them.

Also I feel that I should explain myself for my really weird SD on Lumiose. I was trying to go for the most swag approach by Up Air-ing through the bottom of the stage, but I fast fell WAY faster then I meant too. :rotfl:

"On that day, the Robin Social received a grim reminder. We lived in fear of the Premiums and were disgraced to live with these small images we called avatars."
Yeah, that first Pyrrhic spike was just :awesome:. I have gone that deep and survived before, I just failed to B-reverse my Air Slash. :p

I definitely noticed the pressure with the tomes and all. There were a few times I got a tome, but first time I didn't smash throw it (*headdesk*), and the other time I threw it the wrong way... Also got too fancy once and tried throwing it up so I could do a sword attack, but bungled catching it, lol.

Yeah, I knew that was exactly what happened on Lumiose City. Something similar happened in my last tournament, where I was at Kongo 64 and almost, but not quite, got the altitude to get back through the floor. Cost me the match, that one. Scrooging ain't easy.

I couldn't tell in that single match I won with Robin whether that DAir SD at the end was a botched spike attempt or just and accident. Also, it took me long enough to learn, FAST FALL OUT OF THAT UAIR.
Also, for some reason I kept expecting you to pull out Roy... Especially with that taunt message.:laugh:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I couldn't tell in that single match I won with Robin whether that DAir SD at the end was a botched spike attempt or just and accident. Also, it took me long enough to learn, FAST FALL OUT OF THAT UAIR.
Also, for some reason I kept expecting you to pull out Roy... Especially with that taunt message.:laugh:
Oh yeah, THAT! :facepalm: I think I was trying to go for a fast fall n-air gimp, but I wasn't holding diagonally enough so it got read as a d-air instead. :sadeyes: Ah yes, I love Greninja's u-air! :upsidedown:

Hahaha I actually completely forgot what my customized taunts were! Which is why my down taunt was literally nothing! :rotfl:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I finally beat EOIV last night, postgame and all.

Damn, I don't think I've ever had an RPG test my tactical abilities like those last two bosses. Mainly because I've never strayed into Hard in any Fire Emblem game, but

I think I'll give FFVII a playthrough now. It's been sitting in my Steam account for a while now, and considering who's (probably) just a few weeks away, I figure now's as good a time as ever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Final Fantasy VI is such a great game. It was the game that got me into RPGs.

Terra best girl.
I don't know what game got me into RPGs. I have played others before, such as EarthBound, Pokemon, and the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games, but I want to say that it either started with Xenoblade or Chrono Trigger.
Xenoblade didn't immediately start my RPG high, but I eventually became interested in playing other RPGs because of how good Xenoblade was (it's my favorite RPG to this day).
I guess Chrono Trigger more so because, after playing through it, I grew and fell in love with it and I then started to gain interest in other RPGs like the Final Fantasy series.
After playing FF6, I am interested in the other games in the franchise. I do eventually want to play 4, 7, 9, 10, and 12, but playing all of them will cost me some money (and maybe time, with how long these games are). Hell, I am interested to see the Dragon Quest games and Secret of Mana.

And yes, Terra is best girl.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Best Fates Girl
best Fates girl
best Fates girl
COUGH

Join the Frog Side, and become a Waterbending master!

I've been trying to! He's a bit too slippery for me though. I might end up giving up.. :$

I've been screwing around with :4falco: and :4morton: (again) recently, :4greninja: is one of those characters with whom I've been meaning to toy yet have always felt sort of "off" in execution.

I'm truly waiting impatiently for :4cloud:though.

Also praying for K. Rool because I invariably adore playing as the heavyweight/super heavyweight characters.

Give K. Rool traps or space control setups and I will immediately pick him up (if he's coming) because :4link:'s bomb setups and Z-drop//catch tricksies are actually 90% of the reason why he is my boy.

/tangent.
I've been using Falco too, actually! Can't decide over him or Fox. THat's basically my probably with greninja though. I just can't seem to control him :L
* german battle song.*
I think you meant this

D

Deleted member

COUGH

I've been trying to! He's a bit too slippery for me though. I might end up giving up.. :$

I've been using Falco too, actually! Can't decide over him or Fox. THat's basically my probably with greninja though. I just can't seem to control him :L

I think you meant this
*Cough*Velour is best girl hands down *Cough*

Yeah the spacies have always been my boys to some extent.

Up until this game where I decided to devote more attention to strictly :4link: and :4mario: I always ran Link + the Spacies in Brawl and Melee.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I've been screwing around with :4falco: and :4morton: (again) recently, :4greninja: is one of those characters with whom I've been meaning to toy yet have always felt sort of "off" in execution.

I'm truly waiting impatiently for :4cloud:though.

Also praying for K. Rool because I invariably adore playing as the heavyweight/super heavyweight characters.

Give K. Rool traps or space control setups and I will immediately pick him up (if he's coming) because :4link:'s bomb setups and Z-drop//catch tricksies are actually 90% of the reason why he is my boy.

/tangent.
Falco have fun he's slow and feels still but man his combos, punishment and edgegaurds are all amazing. Also down tilt is safe as hell and his bair sweetspotted is plus on shield thanks to the shield stun patch too bad is approach, neutral and zoning are meh.

Speaking of characters you should drop some Link knowledge for me I've been thinking of messing with the character to help other Link players in my area?

D

Deleted member

Falco have fun he's slow and feels still but man his combos, punishment and edgegaurds are all amazing. Also down tilt is safe as hell and his bair sweetspotted is plus on shield thanks to the shield stun patch too bad is approach, neutral and zoning are meh.

Speaking of characters you should drop some Link knowledge for me I've been thinking of messing with the character to help other Link players in my area?
Of course!

What exact concerns would the Link players you know have?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Of course!

What exact concerns would the Link players you know have?
Not setting up the wall of projectiles effectively, walking with the character enough and downright not using all his tools correctly in terms of annoyance, punishment or out spacing and one of them play fg link. I'm gonna try learning the character out of curiosity and there is three link players in my area and one of them is our main smash 4 commentator so there's that but that's the jist of it.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Not setting up the wall of projectiles effectively, walking with the character enough and downright not using all his tools correctly in terms of annoyance, punishment or out spacing and one of them play fg link. I'm gonna try learning the character out of curiosity and there is three link players in my area and one of them is our main smash 4 commentator so there's that but that's the jist of it.
I recommend playing against Rinku リンク Rinku リンク and @The Soulless One and watch their projectile patterns and also having a conversation about said patterns and uses so you can have a more in-depth analysis on the character before using him.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Y'all drunk Kamui bes gurl cause we can shape her however we freakin' want. Amirite

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Good morning. I am at school. I should be studying. But I'm reading manga.
Same minus the manga part.
I should be doing an essay, but I'm on smeshbroads.

I should go do my essay.
Meanwhile, I'm already on Thanksgiving break!

* Evil Laughter *
I admit, Greninja certainly has quite the learning curve, however NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

MASTER THE WAYS OF THE SHINOBI AND BECOME THE GREATEST HOKAGE YOUR VILLAGE HAS EVER SEEN!

D

Deleted member

Before I begin, can you possibly give any more details on their specific habits? This includes stuff on which of the projectiles they use the most, how much of the time they tether recover, using Zair as a poor tool, utilizing Link's grab range, etc.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Yes. Milo knows.
No. However I do know that both mean this:
She IS the superior choice, clearly

Meanwhile, I'm already on Thanksgiving break!

* Evil Laughter *

I admit, Greninja certainly has quite the learning curve, however NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

MASTER THE WAYS OF THE SHINOBI AND BECOME THE GREATEST HOKAGE YOUR VILLAGE HAS EVER SEEN!
This me trying to bother learning Greninja:
*Cough*Velour is best girl hands down *Cough*

Yeah the spacies have always been my boys to some extent.

Up until this game where I decided to devote more attention to strictly :4link: and :4mario: I always ran Link + the Spacies in Brawl and Melee.
You gonna try to pick up Wolf if he's announced next month? (which he probably will be imo)

D

Deleted member

She IS the superior choice, clearly

This me trying to bother learning Greninja:

You gonna try to pick up Wolf if he's announced next month? (which he probably will be imo)
I liked him in Brawl, and I'll certainly at least toy with him if and when he comes out, I hope they tweak some of his stuff like they did Lucas, in Brawl he was the heaviest but I'm pretty sure had the lowest average damage output of the Species.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Before I begin, can you possibly give any more details on their specific habits? This includes stuff on which of the projectiles they use the most, how much of the time they tether recover, using Zair as a poor tool, utilizing Link's grab range, etc.
I have to pull the vids later since I'm at work. Pretty much our commentator link main is the most solid but he likes to do jab 2 into a roll mix up a lot since he was used to jab 1 goodness from patches ago and rather fight you up close than to make them go through the wall. The second one has link as a secondary or a pocket character who decent but have iffy fundamentals and the 3rd one is a newer player who started showing up to our weeklies and plays literall FG link. All love to grab folks though.

I'll try to find vids after work cause right now I'm on my 15.

Edit= robin vs link is fun and annoying lol play my Falco later my dude.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

On a serious note though I'd recommend they take a look at some of Izaw's vids to get a better grasp of Link's overall mechanics.

As far as personal Link main advice goes Link has 3 different ways you can play him:
- Aggressive
- Defensive
- Adaptive

That being said Link is a character in which you MUST use all of your moves to play him effectively. Only using projectiles or only your sword will severely hinder your potential to win. You need to use BOTH in order to maximize your chance at victory.

The Link boards have some very detailed and elaborate guides in which I'd also recommend taking a look at.
http://smashboards.com/threads/inde...ook-here-before-creating-a-new-thread.374832/

Last edited:
Top Bottom