• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I randomly found this tier list of the Awakening units

I'm going to assume it's based on the unit's overall usefulness/potential, but I have no indication of anything. While I agree and disagree with several parts, I'm more amused that someone took the effort to create a tier list for such a thing.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I'm going to assume it's based on the unit's overall usefulness/potential, but I have no indication of anything. While I agree and disagree with several parts, I'm more amused that someone took the effort to create a tier list for such a thing.
Why's there a blank space in the bottom left next to the F and Vaike?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I just realized that Skorpio (the Minnesota Robin player) could have come to the tournament I went to considering a bit of the Minnesota players came.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

Why is Gregor so low in tier list?!
Gregor is not understanding!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Alright @The Soulless One here's some of the vids from some of our link players well 2/3 of the players however some of this footage is from crew battles as this is recent footage.

@ 5:48 is one of our newer players and around 18:52 is our main commentator whose a Link main.

@7:20 for new Link head

@ 4:20 for new head and 13:32 for our main commentator

A whole match of our commentator as of recent from our regional tourney a week or two ago.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Why aren't male and female Robin together that makes no sense. Also Nah is the best unit in the game, :|

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698

>Stahl
>F-Tier
mfw

Why aren't male and female Robin together that makes no sense.
I'm very sure its due to the pure fact that M!Robin does not get the Galefoce skill

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Why are Henery, Lissa, Olivia and Virion so low? Those make no sense.

Yes and ikr
My life has been a lie then.

:135:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

I'm surprised that Fredrick is that low but I haven't played Awakening yet so who knows?
And wow the children characters must be really good.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
I'm surprised that Fredrick is that low but I haven't played Awakening yet so who knows?
Frederick is part of the "Jeigan" or "Oifey" archetype which are the earlygame pre-promoted units. Despite Frederick being a pretty good unit for most of FE: Awakening, he kinda becomes nearly useless when you're close to the end game as he can't catch up to your other units.
And wow the children characters must be really good.
Not all the child units are very good but most of them are nearly impossible screw up. Lucina and Morgan are the best examples of those kinds of children.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Frederick is part of the "Jeigan" or "Oifey" archetype which are the earlygame pre-promoted units. Despite Frederick being a pretty good unit for most of FE: Awakening, he kinda becomes nearly useless when you're close to the end game as he can't catch up to your other units.

Not all the child units are very good but most of them are nearly impossible screw up. Lucina and Morgan are the best examples of those kinds of children.
Who would you say is not good then?

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

I just realized the irony in Ike's descendant being in D tier of all places.

D

Deleted member

Alright @The Soulless One here's some of the vids from some of our link players well 2/3 of the players however some of this footage is from crew battles as this is recent footage.

@ 5:48 is one of our newer players and around 18:52 is our main commentator whose a Link main.

@7:20 for new Link head

@ 4:20 for new head and 13:32 for our main commentator

A whole match of our commentator as of recent from our regional tourney a week or two ago.
Is this "new head" the FG Link you mentioned?

I'll be frank I cringed a lot during his matches.

I certainly have some things to critique for both players, your main commentator seems like he somewhat understands Link's tool-set but his execution and decision making needs work.

That Micah guy needs an overhaul though, the opponents he beat were scrubby too tbqh.

I'll post up a more formal critique tomorrow (got some evening IRL stuff of which to take care on my end), I can do it here in the social or PM it to you, your choice.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Who would you say is not good then?
Imo, the children who is terrible if you manage to screw up is Laurent. I know he is a beast if you gave him Ricken or Henry but I gave him Vaike on my first playthrough since I thought the MirielxVaike pairing was pretty cute and trying to use Vaike!Laurent was not fun at all.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Imo, the children who is terrible if you manage to screw up is Laurent. I know he is a beast if you gave him Ricken or Henry but I gave him Vaike on my first playthrough since I thought the MirielxVaike pairing was pretty cute and trying to use Vaike!Laurent was not fun at all.
Laurent is one of the children I never use cause like his mother he bored the hell out of me.

D

Deleted member

>Frederick D tier

But other than that it's a solid tier list~

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Actually speaking supports, I was wonder if I could have help on who to put my F!Robin with on my Hard Classic run.

I was think Henery, though Fredrick or Stahl did crosss my mind.

I'm more aiming to unlock support chats rather than best pair.

Thoughts?

:135:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Is this "new head" the FG Link you mentioned?

I'll be frank I cringed a lot during his matches.

I certainly have some things to critique for both players, your main commentator seems like he somewhat understands Link's tool-set but his execution and decision making needs work.

That Micah guy needs an overhaul though, the opponents he beat were scrubby too tbqh.

I'll post up a more formal critique tomorrow (got some evening IRL stuff of which to take care on my end), I can do it here in the social or PM it to you, your choice.
Yeah the new head is the FG link and sounds right. Our main commentator doesn't play the game super serious like he used to anymore cause he wants to work on commentary and he prefers using gamepad over GC controller cause he got big hands so GC is iffy for him. As for the critique you can do it here and I can relay it next time I see those guys in person which more than likely wont be till Saturday unless work or family duties come up.

Last edited:

Rastaban

Smash Rookie
I don't know what game got me into RPGs. I have played others before, such as EarthBound, Pokemon, and the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games, but I want to say that it either started with Xenoblade or Chrono Trigger.
Xenoblade didn't immediately start my RPG high, but I eventually became interested in playing other RPGs because of how good Xenoblade was (it's my favorite RPG to this day).
I guess Chrono Trigger more so because, after playing through it, I grew and fell in love with it and I then started to gain interest in other RPGs like the Final Fantasy series.
After playing FF6, I am interested in the other games in the franchise. I do eventually want to play 4, 7, 9, 10, and 12, but playing all of them will cost me some money (and maybe time, with how long these games are). Hell, I am interested to see the Dragon Quest games and Secret of Mana.

And yes, Terra is best girl.
I've played like, all the Final Fantasy games from VI to XIII, and yeah, they're quite an investment. VII and IX are about 40 hours each, give or take, even longer if you want to get all the optional things (please don't kill yourself trying to get the Excalibur II. It's not worth it D: ) X is a little shorter, but if you get the HD Remastered version, there's like, a lot of extra content that wasn't originally included in the NTSC version on the PS2.

Also, Chrono Trigger is a beautiful game. <3

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've played like, all the Final Fantasy games from VI to XIII, and yeah, they're quite an investment. VII and IX are about 40 hours each, give or take, even longer if you want to get all the optional things (please don't kill yourself trying to get the Excalibur II. It's not worth it D: ) X is a little shorter, but if you get the HD Remastered version, there's like, a lot of extra content that wasn't originally included in the NTSC version on the PS2.

Also, Chrono Trigger is a beautiful game. <3
You should play the first 6 Final Fantady's they're the best

Top Bottom