• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The first FE game I played was Radiant Dawn back when I was in primary school. I found it dirt cheap at the CeX shop, and though I wasn't really a fan of strategy games at the time, I thought, "why the hell not?", we like Ike. :4myfriends:

I got a little frustrated with it at first because Ike didn't appear until part 3 and I got the game FOR Ike. I also found it so hard... on easy mode. That, and I didn't really like Micaiah all that much. Though, something clicked when I got to the end-ish of the game which just made me fall in love with the entire game and then I just replayed it when I was done. I completely fell in love with Soren and Haar. But if there was one unit I absolutely adored, it was this chap;

I was absolutely obsessed with this guy. I'm not even sure why, but I ended up leveling him up to the marksman class at around chapter 9/10. I gave him all the exp I had everytime I went back to base and made him finish off bosses. It was amazing.
Funny, Leonardo was always my least used out of all the Dawn Brigade. Everyone else would always turn out great for me, but he sort of fell to the wayside as other characters came in.

Perhaps I'm missing something.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
so I'm probably finishing up Shadow Dragon H5, withing the next few days and i thought hey why not do a "pick my unit run" you can choose which characters I'm going to use in an easier Shadow dragon run
http://smashboards.com/threads/pick-my-units-h2-3-shadow-dragon.422114/#post-20377707
Funny, Leonardo was always my least used out of all the Dawn Brigade. Everyone else would always turn out great for me, but he sort of fell to the wayside as other characters came in.

don't get me wrong, outside of Meg, Leonardo is the worst of the Dawn Brigade as far as endgame goes but he is just so pleasing to the eyes that I still bother with him

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Leonardo always goes on the bench first chance I get - he's the one DB unit I can never make work, no matter how hard I try. The fact he's an archer doesn't help, Shinon is the only archer in the game I find useful, but archers are pretty poor in most games in my opinion (Jugdral archers are the only ones I actually use).

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Edit: Apparently he said he was just testing out what gets you banded and how long it would take for it to happen.
This literally makes absolutely no sense to me. I am physically and mentally incapable of wrapping my head around this (il)logic. Why would you just go and get yourself banned just to find out what it takes? Read the forum rules, watch the forums and listen to the moderators. That's all it really takes. Wasn't that escapade with Smokebomb informative enough?

In other news: Zareidriel Zareidriel is awesome:
20151029_212548.jpg

Thanks dude!!!

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Antonykun Antonykun you forgot about Fiona
The thing about Fiona is, her 20/20/20 average stats are actually somewhat decent. Her problem lies in the fact that her bases are unworkably poor for her join time and level compared to the enemies you're facing at that point, she doesn't have enough availability to actually gain 49 levels (51 if no Master Seals), and BEXP is more expensive in RD so you can't use that to give her levels either. She's basically a metaphor for all the problems the DB as a whole suffer from. Oscar in PoR has very similar bases to Fiona (2 points less in some stats, but identical Def), except he starts six levels better off and is around for literally the entire game except the prologue, and as a result is one of the best units in that game. Fiona on the other hand has eight chapters to work her way into your endgame team.

The fact she has less than half a scene of characterisation doesn't help either.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

So Twitch has launched a creative section to their website, and they are also celebrating Bob Ross's birthday by having a marathon of The Joy of Painting in its entirety!

http://www.twitch.tv/bobross

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
So I just ran into another Robin on For Glory...

And they got curbstomped so bad, lol. I think I only took like 39%, and even Elwind Spiked them.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Heyyyy, how is it going my lovely tactician friends? Long time no post, I see there are lot of new people here. Are some of the older ones still active? I would love to fight for you again.

Also, my fingers are twitching for some Path of Radiance. Wish me luck.
Of course they're still around.

It's not possible to leave this thread, y'know. :cheep:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Leonardo always goes on the bench first chance I get - he's the one DB unit I can never make work, no matter how hard I try. The fact he's an archer doesn't help, Shinon is the only archer in the game I find useful, but archers are pretty poor in most games in my opinion (Jugdral archers are the only ones I actually use).
Heh I will look foward to FE: Fates archer then. Heard there is an archer who is god-tier like. How about training Leo with healer abuse?

It's a good thing boss/priest abuse is in RD. No matter how much fail your unit is right now, you can make them into unstoppable juggernauts by slamming bronze swords against helpless priests/boss. Truly the most effective training for soldiers:colorful:.

Speaking about the DB, my favourite DB is easily Nolan, the only one who is worthy of Urvan besides you know Ike but he has Ragnell. And yes, I know he has his own signature weapon and I don't care.

Last edited:

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Heh I will look foward to FE: Fates archer then. Heard there is an archer who is god-tier like. How about training Leo with healer abuse?

It's a good thing boss/priest abuse is in RD. No matter how much fail your unit is right now, you can make them into unstoppable juggernauts by slamming bronze swords against helpless priests/boss. Truly the most effective training for soldiers:colorful:.

Speaking about the DB, my favourite DB is easily Nolan, the only one who is worthy of Urvan besides you know Ike but he has Ragnell. And yes, I know he has his own signature weapon and I don't care.
Boyd is very sad. :sadsheep:
2015-10-30-21-03-06-1871889004.jpeg

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I'd always give Urvan to Titania....might've given it to Haar once or twice

I kind of don't understand the point of allowing Ike to wield axes when he promotes in Radiant Dawn when you're going to use Ragnell anyway since it's a good sword and he's the only one who can use it and he HAS to get it blessed in the endgame and HAS to use it on the final boss.

From a practical standpoint anyway. It lets you have Ike use axes for funsies and his father's axe if you want to do that.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
What about Jill or Boyd? Haar is good for it too, but he'd probably prefer a Brave Axe because of his low speed cap. Nolan should be using Tarvos unless you already broke it by then.
Thing is, I always make sure I bring at least two units from every group to the end game not counting the ones I have to bring.

Jill and Haar are good too and I give them Urvan or the Brave Axe (I just like giving it to Nolan the most) depending on how many axe users I brought with me and I always bring either of them but Boyd? Nah this guy just never doubles for me. Also the Greil Mercenaries have so many powerful units plus the Laguz Royals and some lol choices like Oliver or Pelleas, there is just no room for poor Boyd.

From a practical standpoint anyway. It lets you have Ike use axes for funsies and his father's axe if you want to do that.
That's exactly why. Bonus points for defeating BK with Urvan.

Last edited:

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Thing is, I always make sure I bring at least two units from every group to the end game not counting the ones I have to bring.

Jill and Haar are good too and I give them Urvan or the Brave Axe (I just like giving it to Nolan the most) depending on how many axe users I brought with me and I always bring either of them but Boyd? Nah this guy just never doubles for me. Also the Greil Mercenaries have so many powerful units plus the Laguz Royals and some lol choices like Oliver or Pelleas, there is just no room for poor Boyd.

That's exactly why. Bonus points for defeating BK with Urvan.
Wait, is Pelleas really that weak? I remember he was my strongest sorcerer, even stronger than Soren, and he could even use the awesome black magic.
Maybe I just got lucky that time.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Wait, is Pelleas really that weak? I remember he was my strongest sorcerer, even stronger than Soren, and he could even use the awesome black magic.
Welllll he comes kinda late as a second tier where most of your units are probably 3rd already. His caps aren't high as well but I took the time to put paragon on him and let him wreck all the dragons with his thunder magic in his chapter. Give him beastfoe and he will gain experience really fast while wrecking beasts and dragons alike with powerful dark magic. So yeah, he is pretty decent with the right skills and I plan to use him in my next RD playthrough although that has to wait a little.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In my experience, Pelleas can be competent if given some love, but he's not exceptional. I've used him in the endgame several times, and he turned out fine. Practically, though, there may be better units if you're not interested in using a Dark Mage.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

She always turned out great for me, and I do use Virion in Awakening...other than that, I can't really speak much in defense of archers in the series.
It's kinda sad mages are just kinda meh in RD as a whole, even if you train them, they'll hardly double anything with their 30-32 capped speed at the endgame, and the latter chapters have enemies with high resistance. You're already forced to bring Micaiah and Sanaki with you, unless you have no other better options at the time (or have a tradition like me to bring Ilyana every time, usually Soren too), I'd say you're better off bringing someone else.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Youtube recommended me this video, so I decided to share it here.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Happy "Day before that one Holiday i've never really cared for" day~
I used to care more for Halloween when I was younger, but this year I hardly feel like Trick-or-Treating this year. (Partly because it was freezing last year. That and I don't know what I would go as.) I also feel like I would never finish eating my candy.

Matsushi

True Blood

He was always quite the strong unit in most of my playthroughs, though that was because I literally fed him all the exp I had. He was also a great addition to my final team in the last chapter. Giving him a double bow makes him such a powerful unit.

That said, the multiple playthroughs I have of RD, I've levelled up Leonardo and Edward the most. I have yet to level Nolan up, as for Micaiah, I'm not sure if I should even try.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
chapter 24 is a butt, an easy, but still a marathon of a chapter that i keep botching due to getting some one killed at the last chapter :/

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

And now back to doing the longest sidequest in Majora's Mask.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Youtube recommended me this video, so I decided to share it here.
WAT

I didn't think watching any amount of random and/or disturbing videos could ever possibly make Youtube recommend to you a video so weird, abstract, seemingly extra-terrestrial, and ever slightly unsettling as this. But you, my friend, have gone beyond what was humanly possible and, as a result, have given us all a better perception of our place in the universe. Thank you for pushing the limits, Kotor. Well-played.

I'm going to go take a cold shower now.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

TOMORROW IS HALLOWEEN!!!!

Sorry, I'm just in a really spooktacular mood after I started watching Kamen Rider Ghost, which I'm already loving 4 episodes in!

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
So...who is dressing up for Halloween?
While I'm probably not going trick-or-treating this year, for the rest of this month I am going to be a guardian.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
WAT

I didn't think watching any amount of random and/or disturbing videos could ever possibly make Youtube recommend to you a video so weird, abstract, seemingly extra-terrestrial, and ever slightly unsettling as this. But you, my friend, have gone beyond what was humanly possible and, as a result, have given us all a better perception of our place in the universe. Thank you for pushing the limits, Kotor. Well-played.

I'm going to go take a cold shower now.
I think the main reason Youtube recommended me that video was because of Fire Emblem and Smash. I don't even watch MMDs. I've just seen gifs of them but never bothered to find the source video.

Top Bottom