• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Sweet :4palutena:.
Almost 1600 pages already.
Granted, I haven't posted anything for some weeks already gg irl problems suck.

BUT I'LL ALWAYS COME BACK, NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES.
YOU MORTALS WON'T GET RID OF ME SO EASILY MWAHAHAHAha--cof cof!
Ahem.

Anyway, found something that reminded me of Moydow Moydow .
It may be a relatively long read for some people, but very interesting for Ace Attorney fans.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Sweet :4palutena:.
Almost 1600 pages already.
Granted, I haven't posted anything for some weeks already gg irl problems suck.

BUT I'LL ALWAYS COME BACK, NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES.
YOU MORTALS WON'T GET RID OF ME SO EASILY MWAHAHAHAha--cof cof!
Ahem.

It may be a relatively long read for some people, but very interesting for Ace Attorney fans.
Best mom is back <3

Elezir

Jeez, 13 hours for one false confession? That's messed up...
Yeah.
What really surprised me, though, is how much this article cleared up some misconceptios I had with the game.

I mean, while I find Ace Attorney incredible fun to play and enjoy how cases looks simple on the surface but always turn out on something more complex and engaging, I scoffed a bit on how Nick would believe 'blindy' on the innocence of (most of) his clients, how prosectors were powerful and how incompetent the police could get on the game, since where I live it's far from reality. Defence Attorneys actually get quite a bit of fame and money around here, and prosectors fear for their lives lol.
Belief on police in general is kinda low, but for different reasons.

Looking at Japan's judicial system reality, though, I can see where most of that impossible stuff comes from.
It's weird to think I played the franchise for so long but missed all this message behind the craziness of the game until now. Lack of a certain cultural baggage makes a difference when playing japanese games.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Yeah.
What really surprised me, though, is how much this article cleared up some misconceptios I had with the game.

I mean, while I find Ace Attorney incredible fun to play and enjoy how cases looks simple on the surface but always turn out on something more complex and engaging, I scoffed a bit on how Nick would believe 'blindy' on the innocence of (most of) his clients, how prosectors were powerful and how incompetent the police could get on the game, since where I live it's far from reality. Defence Attorneys actually get quite a bit of fame and money around here, and prosectors fear for their lives lol.
Belief on police in general is kinda low, but for different reasons.

Looking at Japan's judicial system reality, though, I can see where most of that impossible stuff comes from.
It's weird to think I played the franchise for so long but missed all this message behind the craziness of the game until now. Lack of a certain cultural baggage makes a difference when playing japanese games.
Yeah. I knew the court system was based off of Japan, but this goes way deeper than I thought.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Yeah. I knew the court system was based off of Japan, but this goes way deeper than I thought.
If I recall right, Japan's justice system also still uses the country's code of honor, so their closing of cases go by way faster than ours.

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Happy Halloween everybody ^_^
No costume for me this year, I'm not going out. Last year i made a last minute Pikachu costume. It looked so bad so I didn't take any pictures lol.

I just got back from my first local a few hours ago. It was just so fun. I actually won quite a few matches! I even won a donut because during a Robin ditto I was playing someone said 'winner gets this donut' haha. We ended up doing BO3 for the donut. Still won B)
Also played some incredibly fun ZSS dittos with a girl there and it made me want to pick her back up again.

Overall it was a great Halloween :shyguy:

Btw, is there a Robin discord/skype group or anything like that?

D

Deleted member

I'm glad people are having a great Halloween so far. Mine's been meh. The only highlight of the day was getting my Shulk amiibo.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I'm glad people are having a great Halloween so far. Mine's been meh. The only highlight of the day was getting my Shulk amiibo.
If it makes you feel better, I'm going to stay home, eat candy and watch Aliens while doing college work.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I wish I had a Shulk amiibo.

D

Deleted member

If it makes you feel better, I'm going to stay home, eat candy and watch Aliens while doing college work.
*high five* I'm probably going to either watch anime or play Smash. I'm not taking my niece trick or treating anymore. She would rather go trick or treating with her neighborhood friends.

I wish I had a Shulk amiibo.
I found one for 18.90 on eBay (free shipping). It's a great place for amiibos if you can't find them in stores.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
"Fintan Monaghan"
If the author of that article isn't Irish with a name like that I'll be very surprised :p

Yeah the games are basically a sort of satire of the Japanese courts system. Prosecutors with several-year win streaks and defence attorneys that are nearly bankrupt are pretty much the reality over there, the games just take it to extremes for the sake of comedy/mocking the Japanese legal system.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Today is Halloween isn't it...

Well... I've already made my first YouTube video (you can find it on the last page).
I'll be working on my game/school project though. And maybe watching football. (AKA: Handegg for those of you in the rest of the world).
No trick-or-treating or dressing up. My parents'll be the ones dishing out the loot. It's somewhat of a poopy day here. So I'll probably end up with tons of loot anyways. It's 48 Degrees (Fahrenheit, not that crappy "Celsius" bull****) and cloudy with rain on the way.

Last edited:

Elezir

To make you feel even better, Halloween isn't a big deal where I live, so aside from TV airing some terror movies and people using it as an excuse to go out to get drunk at night (which they would do anyway with or without its existence), so it's not considered a holiday here by calendar. I'm only reminded of it this year because of you guys, to tell the truth oO

We do have a kind-of-related actual holiday in November 2, though I can't it's a day for 'commemorations' neither it's really perceived as a happy holiday:roll:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
To make you feel even better, Halloween isn't a big deal where I live, so aside from TV airing some terror movies and people using it as an excuse to go out to get drunk at night (which they would do anyway with or without its existence), so it's not considered a holiday here by calendar. I'm only reminded of it this year because of you guys, to tell the truth oO

We do have a kind-of-related actual holiday in November 2, though I can't it's a day for 'commemorations' neither it's really perceived as a happy holiday:roll:
On the bright side, at least I'm not my younger brother. He gets to work this evening dealing with the aggressive drunks, druggies and crazies of the tri-city area I live in.

Now I'm curious, what's the holiday?

Elezir

On the bright side, at least I'm not my younger brother. He gets to work this evening dealing with the aggressive drunks, druggies and crazies of the tri-city area I live in.

Now I'm curious, what's the holiday?
Uh, you could say it's something similar to the 'Day of the Dead' in Mexico, just without any of the parties, food or colorful costumes.
So, a more boring version of it I think?:roll:

You normally go to the cemetery with flowers, light candles and offer prayers to the dead members of your family. Depending on how many people you will remember it may become a pretty somber day. Church also do a special Mass in this day.
I don't normally go to the cemetery, though, since the dead members of my family are buried in another state, but we tend to light candles anyway. My family isn't particulary religious, either, so we don't attend Mass.

Particulary religious families probably do it in a more fancier way, though.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Uh, you could say it's something similar to the 'Day of the Dead' in Mexico, just without any of the parties, food or colorful costumes.

You normally go to the cemetery with flowers, light candles and offer prayers to the dead members of your family. Depending on how many people you will remember it may become a pretty somber day. Church also do a special Mass in this day.
I don't normally go to the cemetery, though, since the dead members of my family are buried in another state, but we tend to light candles anyway. My family isn't particulary religious, either, so we don't attend Mass.

Particulary religious families probably do it in a more fancier way, though.
So it's/it's like All Hallow's Eve then?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

This is less boring and more sad.

Elezir

So it's/it's like All Hallow's Eve then?
Uh, I think it's more like All Souls' Day, if we are looking for an equivalent I actually had to search this stuff now lol

This is less boring and more sad.
Well, the idea behind the holiday is to remember of your dead family with happiness and tranquility, but yeah, it can get pretty sad for some people.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
We rarely get any trick or treaters anymore in my neighborhood. Everyone that was a kid years ago is now grown up.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Well this is refreshing. Eliwood, Marth and Sigurd!
http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/fire-emblem-making-of.jpg

Still debating if I should make the effort to purchase this even if it'll all be in Japanese. I highly doubt it'll ever get any official translation so...

Edit: I'm just gonna be playing some spooky games. Limbo, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil Revelations, Castlevania Rondo of Blood. Stuff like that.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Everyone's doing something for halloween and I'm just sitting here waiting for the UPS guy to deliver my controller and gamepad cradle.
And I'm just sitting here watching Smash.

CoolSkeleton95

Smash Rookie
Ah the joys of turning 26 on Halloween. Most of my freinds are out with their kids trick or treating and I'm, just hanging with a couple of my roommates and a female freind watching ghost-busters, Alien and my favorite movie: Total Recall while pausing to give kids candy and get more brewskis.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Uneventful Halloween as usual. Just got home with the candy. Also got some tacos. I'd choose tacos over candy any day.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I should see if we still have soft shell tacos at my house, might make myself a burrito
edit: we don't
That's very sad. I feel for you, mate. :crying:

I on the other hand did have Nachos for dinner. They were excellent.

So here's a question, it being Halloween and all...

How many people here in the Robin Social Thread dressed up as Robin for Halloween?
Or Morgan...

Speaking of kids of main characters, I actually saw a picture of the Fates Avatar's kid. That scarf and those eyes... Reminds of the Subrosians from Oracle of Seasons.

Last edited:

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
I wish I had a capture card.

I guess since it's Halloween, here's a spoopy image I found.
You found Alvis wearing a Jack o' Lantern and you didn't quote me? :/
And momma Elezir Elezir is back now.
Ow yeah! :happysheep:

Halloween here in Italy is just an excuse to get drunk in a disco, sadly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom